Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Kevyn posted:

My favorite Patrice-ism of all time is when he was talking about using the sniper rifle in Call of Duty. It wiggles until you push the “stop being nervous button”

"War is some crazy poo poo." - Alexander The Great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
*remembers CHEETAH HEELS!!!*

:qq:

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

God damnit I miss Patrice

His relationship/gender stuff was always tedious imho, but so much of his off the cuff material was great. I mean, "it's cold out here", white baby on a keychain, rock coats, the country song "Clean Hands", etc. All amazing.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BigPoot posted:

His relationship/gender stuff was always tedious imho, but so much of his off the cuff material was great. I mean, "it's cold out here", white baby on a keychain, rock coats, the country song "Clean Hands", etc. All amazing.

if you find patrice's relationship stuff tedious i think you probably havent been in many lol

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Without any exaggeration whatsoever, "rollercoaster face" is one of the funniest expressions I've ever heard in my life.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCHo1gNszQI

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lmfao i miss him so much

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

if you find patrice's relationship stuff tedious i think you probably havent been in many lol

Do you think patrice's outlook on relationships and sexuality was typical?

Wasn't he the one that had the briefcase of dildos?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Morter posted:

Do you think patrice's outlook on relationships and sexuality was typical?

Wasn't he the one that had the briefcase of dildos?

He's clearly sexist but There was some stuff that he would talk about in his standup that was actually very perceptive when it comes to relationships.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Odddzy posted:

He's clearly sexist but There was some stuff that he would talk about in his standup that was actually very perceptive when it comes to relationships.

His ex/widow is kind of crazy so that speaks to what he knew about relationships as far as Im concerned.

He did give some good advice though.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It’s funny how rose tinted glasses this thread is about Patrice now. Because I remember, especially when he sat in almost full time when Jim was out, that everyone hated how he laughed so loud, barreled over all conversation, etc.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

It’s funny how rose tinted glasses this thread is about Patrice now. Because I remember, especially when he sat in almost full time when Jim was out, that everyone hated how he laughed so loud, barreled over all conversation, etc.
I always enjoyed it but I just don't often post about the poo poo I like

I hated Opie for the same sort of things but Patrice was actually funny

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I mostly hated how his presence would inevitably trigger Ant’s race rants. That poo poo is boring and annoying even with Patrice as a counterweight.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You gotta adjust his advice to your own environment but he’s a genius on that poo poo as far as I’m concerned

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Those people were wrong then and remain wrong now.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I personally found Patrice boring on relationship/wimmenz poo poo cause I just don't think like that and I didn't find it interesting.

But overall, he was objectively funny and brilliant. I dn't even think Patrice bombed on the show and certainly can't remember a time he had a BAD appearance. .

Polarizing or even frustrating as he was, he undoubtably was good at what he did.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Patrice talking about relationships and his philosophies was always funny on stage, but was painfully bad on the Black Phillip Show. It worked much better as a bit than as an advice show.

That being said, the BP show was the least funny thing Patrice ever did. His O&A appearances were always good (sometimes legendary), his standup was great, he was funny on Tough Crowd, and great on podcasts/interviews. Here's one of the best ever things that happened on the O&A show and it's all because of Patrice, and he's not saying much of anything in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6PCXF2NfMg

JFC fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 27, 2018

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If you're not sure how true anything Patrice said about relationships was listen to him on that show talk to any woman and marvel at how fast every single one of them goes from completely disgusted/offended to wanting to gently caress this fat nigga directly through the phone

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

beep by grandpa posted:

If you're not sure how true anything Patrice said about relationships was listen to him on that show talk to any woman and marvel at how fast every single one of them goes from completely disgusted/offended to wanting to gently caress this fat nigga directly through the phone

For real

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
Tomorrow might be the last Jim and Sam show because apparently they still haven't negotiated a new contract.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

We still buying into that whole contract signing bit?

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

We still buying into that whole contract signing bit?

That was Opies bit. Jim and Ant hated it because he would never tell them that he was going to re-sign either.

He has also apparently started reading the subreddit:

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/1045397082603966464

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

beep by grandpa posted:

Bitch don’t try to make me negotiate my manhood

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

I think everyone came to appreciate Patrice, I remember thinking when they said Patrice would be in for the duration of the show that it was gonna be a good show. His laugh was annoying, but he started turning away from the mic, and it became endearing once you appreciate the guy's comedy.

It's not like we're talking about Ralphie Mae here!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

That period in like 2006 when Jimmy was away in LA filming lucky louie may be one of the better periods of O&A. Bill Burr and Patrice rotating in every week or so.

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SaPtflmSNM

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I was out an about an hour ago and thinking about this and I came home and it was up on my feed.

It's like Christmas :woop:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
"Chimpanzero" LOL

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RIP

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I hate listening to Sam. That take down documentary did remind me of the Scott and Todd saga though. Probably my favorite non Patrice O and A saga.

I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

its
a
a
BATTERY
car

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Jim's not looking good.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

JFC posted:

Jim's not looking good.

That is a man who has never lifted a weight in his life. Which is weird because he's all into that weird diet.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

JFC posted:

Jim's not looking good.

my precious

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

JFC posted:

Jim's not looking good.

WHAT DA gently caress.

There's no way that's actually Jim Norton right now. There's no way. That has to be a photoshop of some sort. Or another person, a person with advanced AIDS.

edit: I am loving the ambiguity as to whether or not it's real. Because, seriously, that COULD EASILY be Yimmy 2k18.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 2, 2018

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

JFC posted:

Jim's not looking good.

lol the pants

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Apoplexy posted:

WHAT DA gently caress.

There's no way that's actually Jim Norton right now. There's no way. That has to be a photoshop of some sort. Or another person, a person with advanced AIDS.

edit: I am loving the ambiguity as to whether or not it's real. Because, seriously, that COULD EASILY be Yimmy 2k18.

its a photoshop from the subreddit

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

That reminds me of the "That's not my bush baby" series of photoshopped facebook pics.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
if you liked that sam doc then you should check out this AMA that Pat Duffy just did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
it turns out Jim didn't watch the Sam doc, and he would tell us if he did.