Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
Salesforce is also successful because they are the grandmasters of price tier fuckery.

At first the price seems pretty ok for a small or midsized company that's growing fast and looking for a scalable enterprise solution.
It seems reasonable at first with about 20-50 bux per month & user. but as your org grows and are in the next user tier and you need more plugins or even some customization you'll suddenly find yourself at 250+.

What are you gonna do now? Switch CRM and change workflows? :shepicide:

They charge you for everything and have so much data they know exactly how to bleed their customers so it hurts them but not enough to bleed them dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

uncurable mlady posted:

eventually this thread will only contain 3 or 4 unique avs

eventually this thread will contain 1 unique avatar

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

prisoner of waffles posted:

the thread is undergoing a phase change as more posters collapse into fewer quantum avatar states

we've got the bose-fishmech condensate, metastable stymie-shaggar, and some sort of superconducting beep gas

no highs, no lows, it must be bose-fishmech

:thunk:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
https://twitter.com/Pinboard/status/1044926267521486848

e: good thread too

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 26, 2018

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bhodi posted:

boldly going forward cuz' we can not find reverse

oh man i completely forgot that, i haven't heard it in like a decade and a half at least

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Oneiros posted:

if I'm being honest like 80% of what we do with it is useless or counterproductive bullshit that tickles some manager's fancy. the lockin is almost entirely self inflicted. i suspect that their actual brilliant business strategy is recognizing that and making it as easy as possible.

ding ding ding

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ate all the Oreos posted:

oh man i completely forgot that, i haven't heard it in like a decade and a half at least

took until this comment for me to recall its existence. one of the first digital audio files i downloaded/had

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Rex-Goliath posted:

ding ding ding

every project i work on after the initial architecture is set up and we have a few basic PoCs built i always always always encourage the client to build what i call 'manager catnip' apps. useless things like flashy dashboards and reports and other things that more technical people view as useless but hoooo boy managers just go :gizz: for

once you have those up and running establishing long-term funding is a lay up

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

we're old

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Bhodi posted:

we're old

i'm the only non-old person in yospos.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

qirex posted:

you’d think libertarians being all “we don’t need laws private contracts can handle everything” would understand the idea of someone not being able to agree to a contract for reasons like incapacity or, say, they’re below a certain age where they can sign contracts

although the idea of tricking toddlers into a lifetime of indentured servitude with a single well timed candy bar is amusing in theory, “was this your signature on this legally binding contract, Timmy? And did the defendant supply you with said kit kat?”

why are you under the impression that is not exactly what they want

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Trabisnikof posted:

salesforce does a good job providing tools to help salespeople prove to their bosses that they are good at their job
loving this oh man you can report on goddamn everything and the line managers we talk to all just want to know about reports any time we do something new

Oneiros posted:

if I'm being honest like 80% of what we do with it is useless or counterproductive bullshit that tickles some manager's fancy. the lockin is almost entirely self inflicted. i suspect that their actual brilliant business strategy is recognizing that and making it as easy as possible.
also this you can easily build a completely customized house of cards that runs your whole business with a team of like 5 people and once it breaks whoops here's a bunch of consultants to help you fix it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

duz posted:

why are you under the impression that is not exactly what they want
of course I'm to smart to fall for anything like that :smuggo:

I feel like these people need ar goggles to point out the several hundred times a day they are prevented from being crushed, poisoned, etc. by EVIL STATIST LAWS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

took until this comment for me to recall its existence. one of the first digital audio files i downloaded/had

it was like the second song on a dr. demento vinyl record my dad had that i listened to far too much

favorite song on it was shaving cream :allears:

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

it was like the second song on a dr. demento vinyl record my dad had that i listened to far too much

favorite song on it was shaving cream :allears:

heard it when my dad got the rhino cd set of dr. demento shizz

u can hear it naoooo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
had a dr. demento cd with star trekkin', surfin' bird, the boot to the head song, a few others

the earliest dumb thing I can remember downloading is the exploding whale movie. maybe someone showed me duckjob.wav once

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

had a dr. demento cd with star trekkin', surfin' bird, the boot to the head song, a few others

the earliest dumb thing I can remember downloading is the exploding whale movie. maybe someone showed me duckjob.wav once

i recently came across a very early CD I burned of important things from when we first got a CD burner in like, 2001 or so

by important things i mean that program that let you hit your desktop with a hammer and flamethrower, the yatta video and some guy lighting his farts on fire

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

real criterion collection poo poo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

wierd al - the fish heads song.mp3

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Star trekkin was definitely one of the first songs I downloaded from the internet, probably mislabeled as Weird Al because that's what I was into

the literal first one I think was the theme from Austin Powers. Left the computer on all night with its 33.6 modem

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

mrmcd posted:

One time I was in the Delta lounge at JFK and there was a salesforce guy sitting next to me that spent the whole time on the phone walking some client how to login. Like "ok hit login. ok click on the sidebar. Ok click on prospect funnel".

I drank another gin and tonic and watched the airplanes. That's my salesforce story thanks for listening.

if yospos had a soundtrack i'm pretty sure 'airport lounge with salesforce guy walking a client through logging in' would be on it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

zelda - System_of_A_Down.wav

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
star trekkin was like the third or fourth single i ever bought (the others were all novelty songs as well)

at the same time i also bought my first album, appetite for destruction. i was a land of contrasts as a kid.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My eternal shame is that the oldest/very first picture in my /img folder, with now over 20,000 carefully curated images I've selected from the internet over 20 years, is a 1024x768 desktop picture of an anime girl dressed like a lime iMac

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

qirex posted:

also this you can easily build a completely customized house of cards that runs your whole business with a team of like 5 people and once it breaks whoops here's a bunch of consultants to help you fix it

it's such a great racket i love it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

My eternal shame is that the oldest/very first picture in my /img folder, with now over 20,000 carefully curated images I've selected from the internet over 20 years, is a 1024x768 desktop picture of an anime girl dressed like a lime iMac

sounds like you have good taste, op

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sagebrush posted:

lmao i remember that one

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
me too, I probably still have it in a dusty old funny images directory somewhere

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

got some good evening watching for later

https://twitter.com/BryanDisagrees/status/1044973790978068480

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ugh how can those unions keep using union words like "presentation" and "contract" :argh:

e:

quote:

Gizmodo has opted to not publish the video itself in order to maintain source anonymity.

what? gently caress you i wanna see it dammit

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 26, 2018

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

what? gently caress you i wanna see it dammit

good that they're not going reality winner on someone

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

anyone worth $150B who fights against paying a living wage deserves one of those cattle bolt guns to the forehead

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Roosevelt posted:

anyone worth $150B who fights against paying a living wage deserves one of those cattle bolt guns to the forehead

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i posted on fb and am looking forward to my amazon worker friend trying to defend this.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

good that they're not going reality winner on someone

yeah wise move to avoid discovering that the file in question has watermark(s), actually

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Endless Mike posted:

i posted on fb and am looking forward to my amazon worker friend trying to defend this.

"They're not explicitly anti-union, they're operating within the law for their own benefit, as any business would! They're not a charity, jeez!"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

in the article it says they claim "we're not anti-union, but we're not neutral either" lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not a Children posted:

"They're not explicitly anti-union, they're operating within the law for their own benefit, as any business would! They're not a charity, jeez!"

he's made p much these same arguments when someone brought it up before. "they're paying above minimum wage and offer benefits they don't even have to!"

he, of course, is paid well into six figgies, was given a generous signing bonus, and works from home when not traveling.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

im 100% sure bezos and other techlords are looking to the future where robots replace warehouse workers entirely, so why bother with empathy now

:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i've only known one person who worked at amazon, he helped run one of the AWS datacenters or something. also he's dead now because he did too many drugs

that's my amazon story thanks