Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

MacheteZombie posted:

Hmm DST pickup advice:

Cle @Oak
Dal vsDet
Ari vsSea

Leaning Cleveland at the moment.

CLE if you like interceptions, ARI if you like sacks. I'd personally lean Arizona with a cool O/U of 38.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dumb question that seems like a real for how much of a no brainer it seems like: Eli Manning over Tom Brady this week, yeah?

I'm also starting Mike Williams and Michael Crabtree over Amari Cooper and Smith-Schuster. All of this is based on strength of opposing defense but I'm a goddamn idiot so I'm not sure.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Emron posted:

Dumb question that seems like a real for how much of a no brainer it seems like: Eli Manning over Tom Brady this week, yeah?

I'm also starting Mike Williams and Michael Crabtree over Amari Cooper and Smith-Schuster. All of this is based on strength of opposing defense but I'm a goddamn idiot so I'm not sure.

I would not recommend Eli over Brady, even with the matchups. Don't count out Touchdown Tom (at least not until he has another dud or two).

Absolutely bench Cooper. Absolutely do not bench Juju.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

0.5 PPR, Pick 2:

Kupp @ Chi
Lindsay vs KC

Ekeler vs SF
Ajayi @ Ten
Crowell @ Jax

I have started Kupp every week but his targets have been trending downwards so I have considered sitting him this week along with Crowell and starting Ajayi over Lindsay (if he plays)

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 26, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Well someone dropped Goff so I scooped him up. Now I have a choice to make. 6 pt passing TDs.

Watson @ Ind
Goff vs. Min

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Well someone dropped Goff so I scooped him up. Now I have a choice to make. 6 pt passing TDs.

Watson @ Ind
Goff vs. Min

I’d take Watson here. I wouldn’t want to face a still-good MIN defense after their most recent embarrassment.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
I need 1 RB and 2 WR, full PPR

Lamar Miller @ IND
Alex Collins @ PIT
Philip Lindsay vs. KC

John Brown @ PIT
Quincy Enunwa @ JAX
Calvin Ridley vs. CIN
Tyler Boyd @ ATL

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Suave Fedora posted:

I’d take Watson here. I wouldn’t want to face a still-good MIN defense after their most recent embarrassment.

Watson has been so bad though, and Indy's defense has been spry. Plus, that's a division opponent.

Tough call because that's a Thursday night game, but nothing Goff has done makes it look like he'll slow down anytime soon. Vikes might be overrated this year on D -- I'd go Goff.

smoothitron posted:

I need 1 RB and 2 WR, full PPR

Lamar Miller @ IND
Alex Collins @ PIT
Philip Lindsay vs. KC

John Brown @ PIT
Quincy Enunwa @ JAX
Calvin Ridley vs. CIN
Tyler Boyd @ ATL

I'd start Lindsay, at RB, he shouldn't get tossed from the game this week and KC's defense has been bad bad. Collins has been inefficient and is losing volume to Allen.

WR, Ridley has been insane, so absolutely him. Boyd has been CIN's #2, and the ATL defense is leaky. He'd be a respectable start, but in a 1PPR league I'd probably go with Enunwa because he's been getting like 60% of the Jets' passing volume. Guess it depends on how much home run threat you think you'll need, but in 1PPR (why do people play with 1PPR in a pass catching RB league, seriously) Enunwa is going to rack up tons of dumpoffs at the very least.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 26, 2018

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Wilson or Fitzpatrick?
Tevin Coleman or JuJu?

Even though Wilson has been having a tough time this year I’m more scared of the Bears’ defense tearing Fitz apart and having Winston play if he has a bad quarter. I think if Fitz does fizzle out it’s gonna be against them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

funny way to spell posted:

Wilson or Fitzpatrick?
Tevin Coleman or JuJu?

Even though Wilson has been having a tough time this year I’m more scared of the Bears’ defense tearing Fitz apart and having Winston play if he has a bad quarter. I think if Fitz does fizzle out it’s gonna be against them.

Wilson and JuJu. You can't bench JuJu.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Why are people talking about benching Juju? Dude is essentially into stud territory.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah would you bench Antonio Brown? Because JuJu is #6 in my league and Brown is #15

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

kiimo posted:

Yeah would you bench Antonio Brown? Because JuJu is #6 in my league and Brown is #15

Good point

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Who would you bench for Juju here:

Michael Crabtree @ PIT
Mike Williams v SF

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Emron posted:

Michael Crabtree @ PIT
Mike Williams v SF

Crabtree

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Emron posted:

Michael Crabtree @ PIT
Mike Williams v SF

Just flip a coin. Both are probably going to end up with the same amount of points.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
1PPR, pick two.

Allen Robinson vs Tampa Bay
John Brown @ Pit
Nelson Agholor @ Tennessee
Desean Jackson @ Chicago

Leaning Robinson and Brown, but I still want to ride the Fitz train, and I’m liking Phillies offense with Wentz back.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

VaultAggie posted:

1PPR, pick two.

Allen Robinson vs Tampa Bay
John Brown @ Pit
Nelson Agholor @ Tennessee
Desean Jackson @ Chicago

Leaning Robinson and Brown, but I still want to ride the Fitz train, and I’m liking Phillies offense with Wentz back.

ARob and Agholor.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
1PPR Yahoo, any suggestions?

Start:

QB - Rivers vsSF
WR - Hopkins @ Ind
WR - JJSS vs Bal
RB - Coleman vs Cin
RB - Collins @ Pit
TE - Watson @ NYG
Flex - A. Jones (RB) vs Buf
K - Bryant vs Cin
DST - LAC vs SF

Bench
Agholor @ Ten
Dalton @ Atl
McCaffrey BYE
Doyle vs. Hous
Marvin Jones Jr. @ Dal
Yeldon vs NYJ

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Anti-Hero posted:

Start:

QB - Rivers vsSF
WR - Hopkins @ Ind
WR - JJSS vs Bal
RB - Coleman vs Cin
RB - Collins @ Pit
TE - Watson @ NYG
K - Bryant vs Cin
DST - LAC vs SF

Bench
Agholor @ Ten
Dalton @ Atl
McCaffrey BYE
Doyle vs. Hous
Marvin Jones Jr. @ Dal
Yeldon vs NYJ

Agholor in the Flex maybe Doyle over Watson depending on how his injury outlook is

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Anti-Hero posted:

Start:

QB - Rivers vsSF
WR - Hopkins @ Ind
WR - JJSS vs Bal
RB - Coleman vs Cin
RB - Collins @ Pit
TE - Watson @ NYG
K - Bryant vs Cin
DST - LAC vs SF

Bench
Agholor @ Ten
Dalton @ Atl
McCaffrey BYE
Doyle vs. Hous
Marvin Jones Jr. @ Dal
Yeldon vs NYJ

Starting roster looks good

Drop Doyle and Dalton and look at free agents unless you have to roster two TEs and QBs if you want roster advice

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Agholor in the Flex maybe Doyle over Watson depending on how his injury outlook is

Yeah Agholor was, and has been, my flex option. Was considering Jones as he looked good in the couple of touches he got @ WAS, so am hoping he breaks out soon.

Doyle definitely over Watson if he's healthy by Thursday.

Keith Atherton posted:

Starting roster looks good

Drop Doyle and Dalton and look at free agents unless you have to roster two TEs and QBs if you want roster advice

We don't have a requirement to roster backups, I just did it as this is my first year playing fantasy and figured I'd want backups for bye weeks. My waiver wire doesn't really have any good free agents at the moment was this is a 12 team league. Pickings are slim and all the obvious sleepers have been hoovered up.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Anti-Hero posted:

We don't have a requirement to roster backups, I just did it as this is my first year playing fantasy and figured I'd want backups for bye weeks. My waiver wire doesn't really have any good free agents at the moment was this is a 12 team league. Pickings are slim and all the obvious sleepers have been hoovered up.

Your team looks solid! You can always find a serviceable QB or TE to fill in for a bye week if you want to add someone valuable and drop a bench QB or TE

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

Yeah Agholor was, and has been, my flex option. Was considering Jones as he looked good in the couple of touches he got @ WAS, so am hoping he breaks out soon.

Doyle definitely over Watson if he's healthy by Thursday.

Wait until Jones breaks out before you start him- it's not worth guessing when you've got a solid option on your bench like Agholor.

Jones looked good but he should only be started by desperate owners this week. The volume just isn't there right now.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Wait until Jones breaks out before you start him- it's not worth guessing when you've got a solid option on your bench like Agholor.

Jones looked good but he should only be started by desperate owners this week. The volume just isn't there right now.

Oh haha I thought this meant Marvin Jones at first. I scooped him up off of waivers this week and you bet I'm starting him at flex. My flex was Kittle, but I have no idea how he'll look without Jimmy G and I'm in ESPN standard so dumpoffs aren't super helpful.

Running into the same Agholor (@ten) issue though, complicated by having Alshon Jeffrey and Doug Baldwin (@ari) on the bench. If Baldwin can go I'm tempted to start him given how much Seattle's offense needs him, but everything seems so up in the air injury wise.

And speaking of up in the air! If Ajayi can't go I'm in big trouble at RB2, my only viable backup is Bilal Powell @JAX :rip:. So many Q symbols on the roster right now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I've read that Doyle's injury is probably a multi-week one now. So plan accordingly friends.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Defense question:

Vikings @LAR (tonight)
Bears v Fitzmagic and Tampa Bay

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Vargo posted:

Defense question:

Vikings @LAR (tonight)
Bears v Fitzmagic and Tampa Bay

You’re nuts if you’re considering going up against LAR. Fitz will be productive because he has no choice but to throw the balls (no running game in TB), but CHI will still get their sacks and INTs. I’m hoping for at least a 15 point game from Fitz.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

.5 PPR

Need a RB and a WR.

RBs:

Cook @ LAR
Murray @ LAR
Lindsay vs. KC
Collins @ PIT

WRs:

ARob vs. TB
Marvin Jones @ DAL
John Brown @ PIT

leaning Cook and Marvin.

edit:

also, 1 PPR here, any changes?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 27, 2018

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017

Agreed with both.

While I'm at it:
Boyd @ ATL or
Marvin Jones @ DAL? Standard scoring

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Evig Vandrar posted:

Agreed with both.

While I'm at it:
Boyd @ ATL or
Marvin Jones @ DAL? Standard scoring

I'd go Boyd.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

hey everyone. 0.5 PPR

Any advice on who I should start at flex this week?: Collins vs. Brown vs. (maybe? Johnson)

Here's my team for reference:

edit: sorry for the big image, can't edit the attachment

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

basement jihadist posted:

hey everyone. 0.5 PPR

Any advice on who I should start at flex this week?: Collins vs. Brown vs. (maybe? Johnson)

I'd go Watkins or Brown over Collins, personally.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd go Watkins or Brown over Collins, personally.

Brown didn't practice yesterday, may have an undisclosed injury.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

basement jihadist posted:

hey everyone. 0.5 PPR

Watkins

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

thanks for the feedback everyone. don't know why I didn't consider Watkins outright.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Crabtree or Crowell? PPR. Leaning toward Crowell.

Roster, for reference. I left the other columns in because the scoring is so loving ridiculous in this league.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Crabtree or Crowell? PPR. Leaning toward Crowell.

Roster, for reference. I left the other columns in because the scoring is so loving ridiculous in this league.

Ridiculous how? Because Crowell against the Jags is a hard pass and Crabtree has a great matchup against Pittsburgh. That's easily Crabtree for me unless scoring really favours RBs.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
.5 PPR, FLEX:
Stephan Diggs @LAR (tonight)
Sterling Shepard vs NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Ridiculous how? Because Crowell against the Jags is a hard pass and Crabtree has a great matchup against Pittsburgh. That's easily Crabtree for me unless scoring really favours RBs.

I left it in mostly because of Brees' 83 points last week. 1 point per completion.