Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Darth TNT posted:

Doesn't seem that hard.

edit: I'm just out of practice. :(

FOR AZEROTH!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

lobster22221 posted:

FOR AZEROTH!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!

(Lore coming tomorrow on a nice, clean page)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Azzur posted:

WE HAVE A WINNER!

(Lore coming tomorrow on a nice, clean page)

Can the Runner up also gaze upon the magnificent reward or should I avert my eyes when it comes online? :smith:

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

Darth TNT posted:

Can the Runner up also gaze upon the magnificent reward or should I avert my eyes when it comes online? :smith:

You may cast your eyes upon it, but only while lashing yourself and crying out for your failure. Give me ten "Hail Gary"s and we'll call it even.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Thanks for linking to the test-poster version. I haven't had troubles with the updates before but today I had to rely on it for some reason.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

Valiantman posted:

Thanks for linking to the test-poster version. I haven't had troubles with the updates before but today I had to rely on it for some reason.

No problem! I'll keep that going for all the image intensive updates (which is pretty much all of them except for the Lore ones. I realize that this is a rough LP when it comes to loading every single image, so I'll work hard make the content viewable to as many as possible.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

lobster22221 posted:

FOR AZEROTH!!!

The nation, the continent, or the planet?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

THE BAR posted:

don't you do this.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

THE BAR posted:

Your home. :unsmith:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Azzur posted:

Phew, it' getting harder to make it to the next page before a new post. I want to avoid having 100s of images all up on the same page, despite setting up the table of contents to load everything separately.

We are already in a new page, but I do have a thing to say. When I read the Warcraft I LP in the archive I was kinda sad that I had missed the thread, ditto for the Tides of Darkness LP. I'm really, really happy that I managed to catch this one, and I'm even happier that I have left a mark in this LP. :3:

Thanks for the LPs they are great fun, and this thread has been pretty fun too! As for the contest, I do have an idea, but I don't have the video editing software (and skills) to do it.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

Draenor, Part Two: We're Not Talking About Bird People

Lore for... The Alliance Monologues

So to briefly recap, Draenor was a land filled with horrible plant monsters. Then horrible rock monsters. Then... ogres and orcs and poo poo? Alright, yeah, let's stick around there. We're gonna skip over the bird-men because it's beyond the scope of the LP right now and also just... ugh, I just want to talk about the green men right now, okay?

I mean, I can't completely ignore the bird-men. Alright, bear with me. There were some bird dudes. They had magic. They also wanted some of the lands (and magical mcguffin crystals) controlled by the ogron. Okay? But don't focus on the bird people! Either way, the bird-men (who we are not talking about) decided to undermine the ogron by sharing their arcane powers with their ogre slaves. Why does this sound familiar?

The more things change...

If you remember that "de-evolution chart" from our last Lore update, you may note that the ogres descended from the ogron. That naturally made them (and the orcs) slaves to the more powerful ogron. This, of course, sucked. You don't ever hear about slavery and in the same context say, "Yeah, and everyone was super cool with how it went." People (and orcs and ogres) generally hate being slaves. Anyway, the ogres now have access to magic and are sent to beat up the ogron. Except taking down the ogron is child's play! The mighty Gog, first of the ogre-magi, just went and straight up started murdering gronn. I'm going to pause here to be mad at typing these same few letters:

o, g, r, n

(I mean, I get it, let's keep the race of Grond descendants linguistically similar, but for the love of Ner'zhul, how dumb do I sound differentiating between a gronn, an ogron, and an ogre?!)

So, the gronn start getting destroyed by the new rising power that is the ogre-magi, and the ogron fall quickly after that. The birdmen were all, "Sweet, now we'll just be getting that awesome land we want and-" when suddenly the ogres beat the snot out of them, too. Gog, at this point, is named... sigh Gorgog and establishes the Gorian empire. Ogres spread across Draenor as they continued their studies in the realm of the arcane. Things were looking up for Ogreville/Goria. The problem, however, was that the orcs still existed and their predators were the ogron and the gronn. Now they, too, could spread throughout the land, forming clans and discussing death metal while trying on their tight leather armor.

"Y'know, I know we're a primitive race and everything, but this just feels right. You feel me?"

These orcs also were the first to discover the power of the elements of Draenor. You see when Grond died, his head, still suffused with all the elements that Aggramar put in him, came to rest in a place that would be known as the Throne of the Elements. Here, the Shadowmoon tribe discovered that they could hear the voices of the elements and even call out to them for aid. These orcs became the first shamans. Nearly four hundred years then passed with the orcs doin' their thing and the ogres doin' their thing. I mean, the ogres had magic poo poo to do and the orcs had a nomadic lifestyle filled with hardship to keep up with. Busy schedules. Eventually, though, the ogres became interested in the potential power of the shamanic tradition.

Ogres descended on the Throne of the Elements, picking it apart to try and understand what made this elemental power tick. They used their own arcane magics in this act and, well, I think we all know what that means...

I'll give you some time to figure this out on your own...

Go on, I think you know the answer.

I mean this is Blizzard we're talking about. The answer is very logical and makes sense and definitely isn't dumb.

Ready?

YEAH, APPARENTLY IF YOU MIX ARCANE MAGIC AND ELEMENTS AND poo poo, EVERYTHING JUST EXPLODES.

So now the elements are all out of wack and, on top of that, the orcs are pissed. Well, they're more pissed because the elements told them to be, but it still counts. The various clans of orcs scattered across Draenor banded together to punish the ogres for their hubris, and over the next two years they pushed the ogres back into their capital of Goria. After some "ogre shenanigans" (manufacturing a horrific disease inspired by bird people legends and nearly wiping out the orcs) the shamans were forced to act. They called out to the elements in a final, destructive plea.

So yeah, then the world sort of ate Goria.

Yeah, man. Draenor opened up, and just swallowed the whole capital, ogres and all. After that, the remaining ogres lived in fear of the orcs and stopped trying to mess with the little green men. The orcs were finally on the top of the heap. So long as the delicate ecosystem of Draenor wasn't introduced to some new outside influence, everything would go perfectly for the orcs.

Up Next: Exactly that happens.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
You know, as much as I love the lore update, I'm more amused by the fact that I only just noticed the books in the LORE banner have actual titles rather than just little scribbles.

SPACE GOATS: COAST TO COAST.

Also, I realize you're doing the lore in the chronological order it happened, but what's the order in which it was written? I'm kind of curious how much of it was laid down as-is and how much of it is lazy retcons because we need a DEEP LORE reason for another magic hammer or enemy boss.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretty sure vasts chunks this lore came up during the the time of the Warlords of Draenor expansion and during The Burning Crusade as well.
As well as the Chronicles book that came out a year ago.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

PurpleXVI posted:

Also, I realize you're doing the lore in the chronological order it happened, but what's the order in which it was written? I'm kind of curious how much of it was laid down as-is and how much of it is lazy retcons because we need a DEEP LORE reason for another magic hammer or enemy boss.

Oooh, this could be a lot of fun to do. There were actually hints at draenei waaaaaaaay back in Warcraft: O&H, but in the form of "We orcs subjugated the other races on our planet. We needed more." I could really enjoy a deep dive of this.

But, as you all know, I live the life of a crazy person and I'll be performing a juggling show this weekend and brooking a Halloween vacation to Rome soon. All this while I'm studying Japanese independently, training for a half-marathon (harder than it sounds!), and... trying out that new Pathfinder playtest. But this LP is actually super high on my list of priorities. I don't want to fall off the update wagon again, that trip to America really messed me up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Azzur posted:

You may cast your eyes upon it, but only while lashing yourself and crying out for your failure. Give me ten "Hail Gary"s and we'll call it even.
:whip: :(

Blizzard style writing is still the premiere example of bad writing parading around as good and deep writing.

Azzur posted:

Oooh, this could be a lot of fun to do. There were actually hints at draenei waaaaaaaay back in Warcraft: O&H, but in the form of "We orcs subjugated the other races on our planet. We needed more." I could really enjoy a deep dive of this.
The Dreanei are even mentioned in the Tides of Darkness manual.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

I asked for "Hail Garys" gosh darn it!

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
For reference - that disease the Ogres unleashed? The Red Pox mentioned so often in Orc lore. Gul'dan used it to weaken the clans to convince them to unite against the Draenei, and then later weaponized it as a red mist against the Draenei themselves, devolving them into Broken.

Azzur posted:

So yeah, then the world sort of ate Goria.

Yeah, man. Draenor opened up, and just swallowed the whole capital, ogres and all. After that, the remaining ogres lived in fear of the orcs and stopped trying to mess with the little green men.

Can we talk about this for just a goddamn second? Orcs got so desperate that they combined all their shamans, and asked the world itself to up and destroy Goria entirely. Pretty goddamn ballsy request. But the Ogres were trying to brute-force their research into the Elemental magics of the Orcs using their Arcane magic, and that explosion they caused only made them more determined instead of thinking "okay wow, that didn't work, maybe we should try a different approach".

So the elements went "yeah, we can do that, these guys gotta fuckin' stop that poo poo". And like you said, the planet itself just opened up and SWALLOWED it.

The destruction was so complete, that when the Draenei arrived a couple centuries later, they believed that no one had ever settled there. They were confused by this, but there was simply no evidence of there ever having been any sort of settlement there. So that's where they built Shattrath.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Back when Warlords of Draenor was WoW’s current expansion, there was tons of speculation that the borderline dead ogre empire we encountered was actually just a fallen branch of the main empire that had abandoned it ages ago, which would have been an island (if not an entire continent) far to the southwest of Nagrand. After it became clear that WoD was ultimately going to be a bomb, though, they hastily wrapped it up and dropped all of those lingering plot threads. It wasn’t until Chronicles that it was declared that Highmaul was, in fact, all that was left of all of the ogre empires of old after the orcs and elements utterly erased their capital city at the heart of Draenor’s mainland.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I think the answer is fairly simple and rather obvious but why are ogres depicted as very dumb creatures if they could build a mage empire at some point?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Why are there ogres on Azeroth before the dark por- you know what, gently caress it.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Klaus88 posted:

Why are there ogres on Azeroth before the dark por- you know what, gently caress it.

Please don't mock the portlier citizens of Azeroth.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
There was a race of ogres on a D&D world called Krynn who were known as the Irda. They had a magic empire and were the most beautiful creatures in the world. Then some magic accident caused them to devolve into the intellectually challenged brutes ogres are today. No, of course Blizzard didn’t steal this idea!

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

PurpleXVI posted:

You know, as much as I love the lore update, I'm more amused by the fact that I only just noticed the books in the LORE banner have actual titles rather than just little scribbles.

SPACE GOATS: COAST TO COAST.
I'm more amused by the fact that not one, but two, but at least three of the titles are throwbacks. And I guess it partially answers the question in the third of them.

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 27, 2018

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

HardDiskD posted:

I think the answer is fairly simple and rather obvious but why are ogres depicted as very dumb creatures if they could build a mage empire at some point?

Those are one headed ogres. They're dumb. Two headed ogres is where it's at.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

SirSystemError posted:

I'm more amused by the fact that not one, but two, but at least three of the titles are throwbacks. And I guess it partially answers the question in the third of them.

It makes me so happy when you guys catch the little things.

Sneaky Edit: I should do one of those Q&As again. That was a blast.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

Episode 18: The Fall of Auchindoun or Firefist Blitzkrieg

Mission Briefing

: I can't disagree with this idea any more than I already have.

: You've voiced your opinion several times now, Captain Bells.

: In light of recent events, I would also agree that this course is... dangerous.

: I need someone with heart and faith for this job, and he's the man to lead us!

: Ugh.

Earlier, at General Turalyon's base camp...

: You can't really be suggesting this.

: A great man has gone missing, Danath.

: Aye! A great man!

: My boys saw tha' th' Bleedin' Hollow bastards hole up in Auchindoun, not far from 'ere.

: And you suspect that's the clan that has your adviser?

: Adviser is... possibly giving him more credit than he deserves.

: It's the only logical explanation. We tore through the camps of both the Thunderlord and Laughing Skull clans to no avail.

: An' we did spot th' Bleedin' Hollow fallin' back ta 'ere.

: Pfft... like ye could really see anythin' from way up on th' back of tha' monster.

: Then the choice is clear. We make for this "Auchindoun" and put the Bleeding Hllow to rout.

: Hear, hear!

: And Captain Firefist, you're in charge.

: WHAT.

Presently, on the river outside Auchindoun...

: Shore up those lines, boyos! Not a hair out o' place on this assault!

: Ruku... have you even scouted the area?

: Feh, an' trust a Wild'ammer's word? No, thank ye.

: Master Firefist, we have our own scouts at our disposal. We can't go charging into this blindly.

: Bahaha, oh, elf... ye jus' have no idea how th' dwarves do battle.

: This is not how the dwarves do battle.

: Well maybe, Danny, ye jus' have no idea how Firefist dwarves do battle?

: Now, e'eryone! Git in th' boats!

This mission. Hoooo boy. If you skipped over the Mission Briefing, your job is to take out the Bleeding Hollow clan and then bring Turalyon and Danath back home safely. This is easier said than done. Allow me to demonstrate with some visuals since I've handled this mission a liiiiittle differently than usual.

Now entering... Azzur's War Room

You're facing four opponents on this map:

Taking the route by sea will throw you up against the Warsong and their cannon towers that you'll have to handle with ballistae. From there, it's an easy base to take and slowly reinforce.

There's even two gold mines on this same island, so you can starve out the opposition if you have to.

Though you may have noticed that you can avoid the sea route altogether.

Working slowly and methodically through the Bonechewers will reward you with... a rather small gold mine. From here, you've got space to spread out, but it's a kind of difficult position to really mount a capable offense. The terrain doesn't exactly lend itself to defense too well. It's doable, but it's going to be an uphill battle.

But then we have a small complication...

The Shadowmoon clan starts off with two dragon roosts and steals the gold mine from the Bleeding Hollow to pay for the dragons to take control of the map. As well, their own mine is filled to the brim, making them rather annoying if you're planning on starving them out.

So what do we do?

Now returning to the mission in progress...

: I took the liberty of ordering the scouts to see what defenses the Bleeding Hollow have.

: Danny? Now why'dya go an' do a thing like tha'?

: Patience now, Captain Firefist-

: This is ludicrous.

: -Sir Trollbane and I are going to be joining the front lines for this attack. We'd like to be prepared.

: Pfft... prepared. It's like ya dun trust me.

: Ruku, I've worked with you for many years now.

: Aye, Cap'n. You know me better'n anyone 'ere.

: I do not trust you one whit.

: What do ye know anyway?!

: I'm still not certain why I have to be the one helming the destroyers.

: Because yer an elf!

: And...?

: Yer kind jus' has a natural predilection for th' things.

: So handle tha' jugg'rnaut fer us, will ye?

: What? Ruku, those things will blow her ships apart!

: I know. Ye forget tha' I designed those blasted ships!

: Uhh... Captain Varin Wells? Captain Ruku Firefist? Reinforcements!

So, if you're going to try out this map at home, it's important to keep your ships in top form for at least a little while. That means some fancy maneuvering.

: Ye're an elf, Kala! Do yer... elf stuff!

: She's steering circles around those orcs.

: Praise the Light.

: Natural. Predilection.

: Captain Wells, is this racism?

: ...I can't be sure.

: While ye were doin' tha'. My boyos put a hole in th' Bleedin' Hollow defenses. Ye're nearly ready ta land.

: I'm eager to set my feet to the ground again.

: I said, nearly! Ye dun wanna land wit' cannons goin' off all around yer ears now, Turalson!

: Who is he talking to? Is he referring to me?

: Ruku, I don't want to rush you, but we're sitting ducks out here and we've got company from the Bonechewers!

: I'll swing the destroyers around and-

: No time! Get ready to land!

In case you haven't picked up on it yet, what we're doing is a straight shot directly at the Bleeding Hollow. I insist that this is how the map was meant to be played, just because it makes the most sense that way. If you bring along Danath and Turalyon, you have just enough units to make this possible. It also means that you have to move fast. Hit the towers, land your men, storm the beaches.

: Keep your eyes peeled for an effeminate middle aged man in purple robes!

: With decidedly creepy eyes that I would much rather never meet mine again.

: ...You two said that two wished to rescue this wizard?

: Dammit, Ruku! There's still cannonballs bursting all around us!

: Well ye said ye were takin' fire!

: Great! Now we're just taking fire without the added protection of an armored transport!

: It's fine, Captain Bells. Our men can handle this.

: Aye. I'm more concerned about that destroyer off the coast that's currently tearing holes in our back lines.

: Argh! I've got it, I've got it!

: You seem... unlike yourself, Master Firefist. Err... Captain Firefist.

: I'm fine! Alright, we're ready ta launch "Operation: King Me."

: "King Me?"

: I named it after chess. Y'know, th' smarty pants game fer nerds. Like you!

: You brought Gary along?!

: Turalyon, I do not often question your judgement, but...

: I'm certain the dwarf has a reason for putting these civilians at risk like this. Let's move.

: Look, I'm in charge here. Besides, it's like ye said, "I feel like a big ol' dumb idiot whenever I don't build a base."

: That's not what I-

: Direct quote.

: Now get out there an' support yer general, Cap'n!

: Ugh!

: If I may be so bold, Captain Ruku, but why did you bring King Gareth along to the front lines?

: First off, look at th' size o' his arms! Th' man's a monster!

: We're taking heavy fire!

: Fall back!

: Secondly...

: ...look at where we are. Th' heart o' th' orc forces. What better place than to launch our attacks from here?

: You're going to set our new command post here?

: Why not?

: Keep fighting, men! Push the orcs back!

: Gaz?! Gaaaaaz?! We're coming for you!

: In the center of the enemy forces. Surrounded by bloodthirsty orcs. And you want to ask "Why not?"

: Move that siege up! We can't take their fortress while we have arrows raining down on us from above!

: Gaaaaaaaaaz!

: ...We'll be fine, elf.

: What's going on, Ruku Firefist?

: Charge the tower!

: Once this falls, the Bleeding Hollow shall, too!

: Enough with yer questions, elf. Gary! Get yer men in there!

: ...

: I'm fine! Fer Lightsake!

: Alright, men. Don't let up now.

: I don't see any sign of him...

: Gary, you an' yer men can get to work puttin' together a proper base. Kala, yer takin' out th' orcs' oil derrick.

: Is that really the best use of my-

: YES.

You can't forget this oil derrick. When you have to eliminate the Bleeding Hollow, you have to get rid of all of them. Taking them down with only one or two ships takes awhile; long enough for the Shadowmoon to mount an attack on you. I missed this derrick on my first attempt at this map and I had to jump through some hoops to take it out. (Build a lumber mill, build a shipyard, gather your resources, train up some destroyers...)

: I believe that Master Firefist and I will need to speak after this business is concluded.

: Finished.

: Alright, Wells, the rest of this is clean up.

: Wait. You're leaving?

: We're to rendezvous with Lord Khadgar before nightfall.

: And we still haven't heard word from Kurdran since he left to scout this area further.

: Lord Khadgar is this far out from the portal?

: Nothing to worry about, Wells. We've got this expedition under control.

: I...

: I just want my friend back.

And if you haven't noticed by now... Yes, the Shadowmoon has a stronghold here in the Bleeding Hollow base. They're greedy.

: 'Oi! Cap'n, where'd Danny an' Turalson get off ta?

: They're off to meet with Lord Khadgar. We're on clean up duty.

: Has Marian Ravigaz been found?

: No, Kalassori. I'm sorry to say that we haven't found even a hint of him.

: Maybe tha' pantsless orc wizard got 'im.

: After everything you told us about him, I hope not.

: Ruku, why is Gary setting up a base out here?

: Well...

: Welcome to yer new home, Cap'n!

: I... what?! In the heart of-

: We already went over this.

: Think about it, Cap'n. If th' mage boy is still alive-

: Which he is.

: -then one o' these orc tribes has 'im. And we're a lot closer to th' orcs while we're sittin' among 'em.

: That... Huh.

: You can't actually be considering this.

Elsewhere...

: I don't understand. Thane Wildhammer was supposed to meet us here before we met with Lord Khadgar.

: drat it all.

: Return to Captain Firefist. Tell him that we have need of him again.

Azzur fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 1, 2019

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

You forgot to post the mission briefing video by the way.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

Cooked Auto posted:

You forgot to post the mission briefing video by the way.

I'm gonna come real clean. I'm super drunk at the moment. Also when I wrote this. And probably when I played this. Lemme fix that real fast.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.
There we go! Look, let me just say this. You stop by a bar for ONE drink and all of a sudden you're partying with a group of retired teachers while singing "Save Me" because Freddie Mercury is the best singer in the world and we all know it. Also sake may have been involved.

Azzur fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 29, 2018

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Nothing there seems to need fixing to me :japan:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That does seem like an average wind down evening for Japanese workers to me.

Azzur
Nov 11, 2009

Victory.

Cooked Auto posted:

That does seem like an average wind down evening for Japanese workers to me.

Good times had by all. Except that I didn't work with any of them. I just happened to start doing some magic tricks and one thing lead to another... I dunno, I think I work at a new company now. Also, if anyone asks, my name is Freddie Mercury-san.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
And here I thought you had to be drunk to get into the Firefist mindset properly. :)

That’s one of the tougher maps to get through. My way was usually to seize Warsong and Bonechewer, then Shadowmoon. I never considered just hitting Bleeding Hollow hard at the beginning. Dang! I think the next map is going to be fun btw. :)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I miss karaoke bars in Japan. So much fun :(

I don't remember these maps at all. Probably because I was a kid when I played Beyond the Dark Portal and just cheated my way through

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Huh, that mission was.. fast. I guess that's what happens when you aim straight for the objective, overwhelming enemy forces be damned.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Ooooooohhhhhhhhh, I know now who sets up the Alliance bases like Honor Hold!

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I was hoping you'd run this mission that way. Starving out the enemy after taking out Warsong is kind of fun to do precisely once. It's kind of a lovely area to defend in practice, ending with a lot of guard towers in awkward spots because of the terrain. And you need them all for the dragons.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Gary remains the best character.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

allthisisminenowfuckers.png

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Slaan posted:

Nothing there seems to need fixing to me :japan:

Funny you should say that since I spotted a small typo!

Danath posted:

: This is not how the dwarves to battle.

Anyway, this mission itself. Interesting approach to it, rushing the enemy down and killing only what you have to. Guess that's what happens when you put Ruku in charge though. And whatever works for these BtDP missions, you take.