Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

i get so excited any time there's a microbrew Lager

theyre staring to get more prevalent. when i go visit the rents i take a couple flats back of 4% micro lager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

graph posted:

theyre staring to get more prevalent. when i go visit the rents i take a couple flats back of 4% micro lager

and it tastes 3% better than ordinary macrobrew lager

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Japanese macrobrew lagers *in Japan* are p tasty, dunno about the stuff they sell outside of Japan though.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fart simpson posted:

and it tastes 3% better than ordinary macrobrew lager

nah

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Stringent posted:

Japanese macrobrew lagers *in Japan* are p tasty, dunno about the stuff they sell outside of Japan though.

until about 2005, beer was one of like 3 products north korea was better at than south korea

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ok fine it doesn’t

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

fart simpson posted:

because lagers and pils are boring. hth.

They're also harder to brew

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

spankmeister posted:

They're also harder to brew

sounds like a lose lose

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I appreciate a good microbrew lager. It means they took the effort to make a harder to brew beer than the average IPA, ale, stout/porter, etc. A lot of the micro lagers are very nice and flavorful and if you think there is only little difference with American macro lagers then buddy, there is something wrong with your sense of taste and smell.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

spankmeister posted:

A lot of the micro lagers are very nice and flavorful and if you think there is only little difference with American macro lagers then buddy, there is something wrong with your sense of taste and smell.

a couple local micros are making sub 5% lagers, kolshes, blondes, wits, light ales, etc. they're loving A+

if you're some out-of-the-way micro with no crowler/growler options why the gently caress is your entire board 6.7%+?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
BRAH MORE %%% MORE DRUNK BRAH YOU HERE TO PARTY OR WHAT BRAH DO IT RIGHT!!!! gently caress YEA

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
BRAH.

brah.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

broseph

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

brostopheles,

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kolsches rule, bronado

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
brosephine

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

in laws are staying with us, gonna get fu ked up on darks and stormy to get through this

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

my bitter bi rival posted:

i normally like their beers but fort point summer porter sucks and way too thin.

going to mix this with cold brew and see how that goes

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

jesus WEP posted:

in laws are staying with us, gonna get fu ked up on darks and stormy to get through this

drink with them

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

my parents just came back from a trip to vermont and brought back some beers from Alchemist, including the oh-so-hyped Heady Topper.

um

it's OK?

I guess when it came out it must have been really unique and amazing but yeah i've had other new england style DIPAs that taste pretty damned similar. whatever.

besides that they also got me a porter and what they call an american imperial stout. we'll see how those are.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

my parents just came back from a trip to vermont and brought back some beers from Alchemist, including the oh-so-hyped Heady Topper.

um

it's OK?

I guess when it came out it must have been really unique and amazing but yeah i've had other new england style DIPAs that taste pretty damned similar. whatever.

besides that they also got me a porter and what they call an american imperial stout. we'll see how those are.

heady topper isn’t even a new england ipa. more of a traditional ipa. and yes it’s very good but most breweries have caught up with them. you can find plenty of local beers that are just as good most likely. i still bring it home every time I go up there though.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

kolsches rule, bronado

mondo agreed

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1043468905295966208

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

current booze status:

code:
BREWED & BOTTLED
BY GREAT LAKES
BREWING CO.,
CLEVELAND, OH

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

nobody just phones it in like Japanese menu translators

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i tried quench quake, brewdog's attempt at a sour beer. it is not very good and also not really much like an actual sour. followed up with a classic favourite, and it turns out theakston's old peculier is still a great ale

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I want some goddamn founders curmudgeons better half but no one has it anywhere here yet :negative:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Fat Bastard Syrah Pays D'OC

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

um

it's OK?

you basically nailed it, heady topper was in a league of its own half a dozen years ago but now lots of places have caught up to it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

i tried quench quake, brewdog's attempt at a sour beer. it is not very good and also not really much like an actual sour. followed up with a classic favourite, and it turns out theakston's old peculier is still a great ale

have you had dogfish head seaquench? that sounds similar.

I was in Knoxville tn for the weekend and we hit up a bunch of breweries Friday night. crafty bastards and pretentious brewing were definite highlights. Sunday we stopped into post modern distillery and I got some whiskey and gin to bring home with me

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

going to drink a bomber of barrel aged devils teeth to celebrate plowing out my gcih exam. i get drunk on two session ales these days so this should be fun. :weasel:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Endless Mike posted:

have you had dogfish head seaquench? that sounds similar.

no, i don't think they sell their stuff outside the us maybe, probably i could find them in a beer shop if they're good though? it wasn't a terrible drink, like an unsweetened grapefruit and orange soda. but it's definitely not what i'm looking for in a beer, especially a sour beert

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

widow jane american whiskey in a coffee cup on the rocks

the office has whiskey but no drinking glasses and i'm here late

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I popped over to the Target down the block and acquired a box of four rocks glasses for under $10 to go with the bottle of scotch in my desk

makes drinking with folks at the office classy

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
if I'm allowed liquor in the desk at $JOB, I'm thinking mezcal

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Good idea about the glasses, I will do that.

I should also pick a new whiskey. I wish that there wasn't a run on Japanese Whiskey Suntory like 5 years ago, and now there's being a run on Nikka. Ichiro's Malt has always been kind of hard to get.

Probably will just get Laphroaig.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

prisoner of waffles posted:

if I'm allowed liquor in the desk at $JOB, I'm thinking mezcal

dang that's a good idea

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i had action bronson's 7000 yesterday and i recommend it

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

i had action bronson's 7000 yesterday and i recommend it

I tried some at a tasting fully expecting it to be some dumb novelty beer or just boring and was pleasantly surprised, it was really good

think I'll crack into that tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Share Bear posted:

Good idea about the glasses, I will do that.

I should also pick a new whiskey. I wish that there wasn't a run on Japanese Whiskey Suntory like 5 years ago, and now there's being a run on Nikka. Ichiro's Malt has always been kind of hard to get.

Probably will just get Laphroaig.

Balvenie Doublewood 12 is a good drinking whisky