Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
All of the listener questions this week were bangers TBH. Also Justin with the very good UYD shout-out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

i want justin to talk more about his support for labor unions

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
SAG member Justin McElroy says "The longer the picket line, the shorter the strike."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Serf posted:

i want justin to talk more about his support for labor unions
This but unironically. I appreciate the "no bummers" rule in Q&A, but it's nice to be reminded that they're actually good people instead of just genial assholes with a marketing angle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And also I think they literally had to join SAG to be able to be in Trolls 2.

But unions are good.

Serf
May 5, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

This but unironically. I appreciate the "no bummers" rule in Q&A, but it's nice to be reminded that they're actually good people instead of just genial assholes with a marketing angle.

as a dirty communist, i am extremely unironic when it comes to labor unions and my love for them

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

this week's episode was a real dingaling delight

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can someone explain whatever the Twitter drama is about Travis doing the #BelieveSurvivors thing wrong somehow?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Can someone explain whatever the Twitter drama is about Travis doing the #BelieveSurvivors thing wrong somehow?

Saw this

quote:

A number of celebrities and people of status, namely women, have been posting selfies or videos and affirming in the captions that they believe and stand with survivors. I assume he had the same intent here.

Travis posted a selfie and had the hashtag. People mad I guess

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

PMush Perfect posted:

SCOTUS nominee is the latest public figure to be a serial rapist and Republicans super don't care because he thinks Presidents shouldn't be investigated for crimes among other horrible opinions.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

PMush Perfect posted:

He tried to tattoo the words "Believe Woman" to his forehead, but some of the letters wore off so now it just says "LIE MAN"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I am now more confused than when I didn't know anything. I thought #BelieveSurvivors was the next step of #MeToo?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
My initial reaction, that this tweet was "peak Travis" was absent the wider context of the hashtag that a bunch of celebrities are posting selfies to it.

He didn't do anything wrong, but at an uninformed glance it looks like he might be making it about him in a very low key narccisistic way and I assume that's what the negative responses were about.

e: vvvv yeah that's the other thing that immediately stood out.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 26, 2018

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

George H.W. oval office posted:

Saw this

Travis posted a selfie and had the hashtag. People mad I guess

Yeah, when I saw it my mind immediately jumped to “I am a sexual assault survivor.” I was like, what???????? Personally I think posting a selfie is kind of a crass and self-centered way to show support for a movement, but he didn’t invent it so whatever. I can see why Travis thought it would be just a cool way to show support.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

He tried to tattoo the words "Believe Woman" to his forehead, but some of the letters wore off so now it just says "LIE MAN"

I thought it was GOP IS STUPID but the way his hairline covered the outer edges it just said PISS.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

PMush Perfect posted:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
This week's Money Zone is loving great

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Zeeman posted:

This week's Money Zone is loving great

I can’t believe they had a guest spot from a cursed talking sword

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/kevinquaere/status/1044601524645777408

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

:lol: I think Travis is about to get his butt kicked for a little bit. Let this be a lesson to us all: Never Post On Twitter.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Man that sucks. He like...didn’t do anything

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Colonel Whitey posted:

lol exactly

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

it’s fine he’ll take some poo poo, probably overdo his apology, and it’ll remind him to dial it back or express support in different ways.

the mocking tweet is unfair and nasty but, i mean, it’s twitter, of course it is

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea people making fun of him are mainly making fun of the general trend he was part of that was extremely performative bullshit, no one but a few weirdos are really making it a personal 'no actually gently caress Travis McElroy for this' thing. He got some poo poo, because he's a McElroy he'll probably handwring over it more than needed, it'll be forgotten by next week.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Twitter posting: Not even once.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Never Tweet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thank Travis for Travis, but the fella just needs to settle down sometimes.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Justin and Griffin need to get Travis to follow their lead and ease back on Twitter. He chases the trends WAY too much, and sometimes they're kind of weird, like this one. They do a whole lot of actual charity, so it sucks that a bunch of folks in that thread are jumping on a chance to call him a bad ally because he posted a hashtag he had no part in starting.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Justin and Griffin need to get Travis to follow their lead and ease back on Twitter. He chases the trends WAY too much, and sometimes they're kind of weird, like this one. They do a whole lot of actual charity, so it sucks that a bunch of folks in that thread are jumping on a chance to call him a bad ally because he posted a hashtag he had no part in starting.

if they donate a lot to actual charity they don't need to post loving selfies in hashtags about violence against women like an absolute moron

they don't need to say... anything at all. an amazing concept.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh boy are we back on the Travis train again?

Well at least it was 5 pages since the last one. I'm honestly proud of the thread

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Princeps32 posted:

it’s fine he’ll take some poo poo, probably overdo his apology, and it’ll remind him to dial it back or express support in different ways.

the mocking tweet is unfair and nasty but, i mean, it’s twitter, of course it is

Yeah, I don't think this is going to be a big deal in the long run.

JT Jag posted:

Oh boy are we back on the Travis train again?

Well at least it was 5 pages since the last one. I'm honestly proud of the thread

Yeah, we're talking about a thing that just happened you big goobus.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Alaois posted:

if they donate a lot to actual charity they don't need to post loving selfies in hashtags about violence against women like an absolute moron

they don't need to say... anything at all. an amazing concept.

As I said, he needs to not tweet as much. The guys, especially Travis, have always had a bad filter for telling what does and doesn't look good out of their own personal perspectives. They listen and try to correct reasonably well, but Travis especially jumps on anything that someone tells him is a positive or helpful thing. And as everyone has pointed out, he didn't just decide to put a selfie in. That's what the hashtag is, posting a selfie wearing black to show support. It's dumb, and he's a bit too naively oblivious to see why.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well meaning idiot did a bad ally tweet. String him up!

There's so many reasons to stay off social media. The shitstorms that come up when a minimally famous person innocuously fucks up in literally every community being a big one. It's exhausting.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The only thing keeping my Twitter account active is Bodega Cats and dasharez0ne. The idea of using social media to share anything other than cats and skeletons is ludicrous.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Am I way off base or is Travis getting called out for virtue signaling? Has the left internalized that tactic?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Am I way off base or is Travis getting called out for virtue signaling? Has the left internalized that tactic?

virtue signaling is a leftist term, it's always meant the performative 'guys I just want you to know me personally I DON'T like sexual assault' stunts that do nothing to actually support people or bring change. It got glombed onto by the dumbest people on earth because the left has always had a major problem with being too academic while the right just says 'virtue signaling means what when someone says you shouldn't be racist' and that's all their target demo needs.

Again no one's really 'stringing him up' or anything people are making fun of a performative hashtag designed to make easy ally points rather than do actual help. Like, exactly how is that tweet any different than that hilarious 'THIS ELEVATOR IS A VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN FREE ZONE' tweet everyone agreed was dumb?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, so, Twitter and Tumblr blowing a minor misstep up like it's the worst thing anyone's ever done. Business as usual, got it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, so, Twitter and Tumblr blowing a minor misstep up like it's the worst thing anyone's ever done. Business as usual, got it.

it's more 'some very normal people blowing up literally a handful of people going 'lame' at a tweet into "THE SJW LYNCH MOB STRIKES AGAIN"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nah, I follow(ed, past tense) a couple people who said this was the line that got crossed that finally made them unfollow him/whatever.

In hindsight, that probably says more about me and the people I followback than about the situation. I really need to just make a new one where I scream into the void less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Nah, I follow(ed, past tense) a couple people who said this was the line that got crossed that finally made them unfollow him/whatever.

In hindsight, that probably says more about me and the people I followback than about the situation. I really need to just make a new one where I scream into the void less.

Lmao what a bunch of morons.