Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Low Desert Punk posted:

i just finished reading this entire thread and well, fellas, i long for death

A parrot, banging its head against a fake image of a jungle. Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Low Desert Punk posted:

hell yeah

cnut
May 3, 2016

poo poo be hosed up

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The fun thing about working for Amazon is literally everyone I've spoken to that isn't a full manager - including the micro-managers who walk the lines coordinating poo poo - hate management and will at the drop of a hat go into commie speak about how cheap the company is. The people who don't hate management will end up being given a reason when management cheaps out on something and screws them as well as it screws everyone else with bad decisions lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Low Desert Punk posted:

:yeah:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

y'all communally made this thread what it is

all i did was post a pic of a suicidal giraffe

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Shima Honnou posted:

The fun thing about working for Amazon is literally everyone I've spoken to that isn't a full manager - including the micro-managers who walk the lines coordinating poo poo - hate management and will at the drop of a hat go into commie speak about how cheap the company is. The people who don't hate management will end up being given a reason when management cheaps out on something and screws them as well as it screws everyone else with bad decisions lol

Sounds like they really need to seize the means of distribution.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ate all the Oreos posted:

Oh gently caress our marketing analyst says millennials aren't buying enough investment products, probably because they're dumb and too busy buying avocado toast I guess. Quick, someone come up with a plan to reach them!

i love the "video game" industry and cannot wait for its collapse

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
Not an image but seemed appropriate here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1045038141978169344

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hosed up if true.

(It's true)

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

kill all marketing interns

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mandoric posted:

i don't remember, it may even have been on twitter rather than here or an embed. looks like those things are printed somewhere, or at least a distributed pdf.

Here's the end of it from my classroom:

Here's another thing (I'm not posting a photo because I'd dox myself), I spent today putting bumper sticker sized stickers on the take home folders.

These were advertisements for corporations that had paid for the advertising space. Geico, commercial real estate companies, some local businesses, and a couple of large corporations.

ate all the Oreos posted:

It's not for the teachers, the whole point of those sheets is so the kids see something they recognize and already know the word for, like an elephant, and can now associate it with the letter E. Except it's loving brands, because gently caress.

If this school is being paid for this someone needs to find out how much they're getting (because I guarantee it's not very much) and arrange a loving gofundme or something, this is just sad

I asked the principal. Each of the companies that gets advertising space on the kids folders pays 500 bucks.

Would anyone like to buy an ad for somethingawful.com to go on kindergartener's school folders?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Subway :aatrek:

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

https://twitter.com/Asay_Auto/status/1045041152754216961?s=20

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Here's another thing (I'm not posting a photo because I'd dox myself), I spent today putting bumper sticker sized stickers on the take home folders.

These were advertisements for corporations that had paid for the advertising space. Geico, commercial real estate companies, some local businesses, and a couple of large corporations.

I asked the principal. Each of the companies that gets advertising space on the kids folders pays 500 bucks.

Would anyone like to buy an ad for somethingawful.com to go on kindergartener's school folders?

wait what the gently caress????

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's some seriously hosed up poo poo right there holy gently caress lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

spacetoaster posted:

Truly the righteous way to fund public education. I think you win this page Spacetoaster.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
USPS lol

cnut
May 3, 2016

:d2a:

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

That's some seriously hosed up poo poo right there holy gently caress lol

Try this out for messed up, the schools all have school pride nights at different chain restaurants in town every other week.

I didn't think of it til just now, but I wonder if those places pay for the honor?

Burt Sexual posted:

Truly the righteous way to fund public education. I think you win this page Spacetoaster.

I 100% never thought about this stuff (I spend all my time trying to keep touchscreens out of my classroom) and now that I'm looking....it's everywhere. loving everywhere.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They probably get a kickback of some kind somewhere but dude no the alphabet being intertwined with corporate branding right when you are learning how to read and interact with the world is seriously hosed up. That's there all day in the class room. When they are sounding words out their brain kicks up corporate branding, too. Etc. It's pretty goddamn insidious.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

Truly the righteous way to fund public education.

prolly charter schools tho

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Like basically you're taking young minds that are supposed to be learning, developing their brains, and developing critical thinking skills, and just brainwashing the gently caress out of them. It's probably not just charter schools, it is probably socioeconomically disadvantaged public schools, too.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

prolly charter schools tho

No. It's a public school.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This guy thinks he was making and edgy statement about corporate brainwashing. https://www.deviantart.com/blackrock3/art/Corporate-Alphabet-Mat-411490289

Little does he know it was already happening for real.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
and people ask why I don't want to have kids

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

No. It's a public school.

gross, hosed up

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Moridin920 posted:

Like basically you're taking young minds that are supposed to be learning, developing their brains, and developing critical thinking skills, and just brainwashing the gently caress out of them. It's probably not just charter schools, it is probably socioeconomically disadvantaged public schools, too.

To be fair they were doing this long before having corporate branding right in the classroom. But ya, it is a scathing indictment on our society imo

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Like basically you're taking young minds that are supposed to be learning, developing their brains, and developing critical thinking skills, and just brainwashing the gently caress out of them.

Yeah, it's a school

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

and people ask why I don't want to have kids

You know that you'll have waay more influence on how your kids grow/develop than any teacher ever will....oh.

I haven't retired from my first career yet, but I've been subbing all over the school system since last year and there's a lot that makes me wonder if I'll be able to cut it (I'm getting my certifications for early childhood).

For example: The school system just got a new manager because the last one embezzled a lot of money and gave contracts to her boyfriend's business. I said, out loud, that I hope they go to prison and got a bunch of stares like I was a crazy person for saying it.

spacetoaster has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Sep 26, 2018

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

spacetoaster posted:

:allbuttons:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

spacetoaster posted:

That would be great, imo, and I'd throw a 20 for that goon project just to gently caress with Subway (I hate their stupid sandwiches). On the other hand, 500 dollars would do more good for the forums if donated directly to Lowtax. I'm torn.

E: or, check this out, buy one letter for a regular animal. G for giraffe.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

This reminds me of when schools suddenly got really excited about teaching kids about the "food pyramid" in the early 90s. All of a sudden my poor school had these brand new glossy full color nutrition text books "donated" from the food pyramid council telling us to eat lots of bread and cereal all the time. It seems like such an obvious scam now but back then no one questioned it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

We need a thread for goon teachers to share horror stories. Not just capitalist ones.

There are so many.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

My suicide note is going to be just a printout of this tweet

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

spacetoaster posted:

If someone wants to make a nice pro-communism sticker, I will absolutely pay $500 to put it on school folders for kindergartners. I am completely serious.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ShoulderDaemon posted:

If someone wants to make a nice pro-communism sticker, I will absolutely pay $500 to put it on school folders for kindergartners. I am completely serious.

gotta be subtle about it though. schools won't let you put a hammer and sickle on their kids folders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

ShoulderDaemon posted:

Trap sprung you bourgeois motherfucker

Get in the gulag