Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

SoraNews24 posted:

And how does the company that created Bowser, Peach, and the Super Grown that sparked so many imaginations feel about Bowsette? When contacted by Japanese media outlet J-Cast, Nintendo said:

“In regards to the artwork that has been posted on the Internet, we would like to decline to comment.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Lol, understandable.

It's been the 27th for almost nine hours now and Alwa's Awakening is not unlocked. Nintendo.......

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So who's going to the Japanese Bowsette Convention

Why is this a thing that is real and not fake. Like what are you even supposed to do other then show up and go "i like the design lol"

niche doujin events are pretty common in japan. It's an extension of stuff like Comic Market just instead of being a several day event periodically throughout the year, it's a small one-off thing for a narrow subject.

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 26, 2018

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asclepius posted:

According to EB games' website, they've broken the street date here in Australia, too. Gonna drop by in the morning and have a look, 'cause I started playing The Messenger, and this would be pretty great for that. Though it looks like we only get the Mario themed one, for now at least.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-240665-Nintendo-Switch-D-Pad-Mario-Hori-Controller-Nintendo-Switch
$50 is about $30 more than I'm willing to pay for it, hopefully nobody buys it and it goes on clearance

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So who's going to the Japanese Bowsette Convention

Why is this a thing that is real and not fake. Like what are you even supposed to do other then show up and go "i like the design lol"

Motto posted:

niche doujin events are pretty common in japan. It's an extension of stuff like Comic Market just instead of being a several day event periodically throughout the year, it's a small one-off thing for a narrow subject.

For reference, the killer of Persona 4 got his own convention (of mostly women)

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

I like when the polite formality of a Japanese quote still comes through in the translation.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo has refused to give us the Switch Fit we demand, but a third party is stepping up! Or should I say, punching up?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
A switch boxing/fitness game would be awesome. I liked the wii fit.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I liked Bowsette when it was Dragon Maid.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Bowsette has less problematic elements

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Trading in Mario Aces for either Octopath or Valkyria Chroncles 4. I have demos for both I have neglected to play. I guess I should play those and then make my decision, but I'm feeling impulsive.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Knorth posted:

Bowsette has less problematic elements

I would like to add that I'm referring to the anime (minus that one episode) and not the manga for weirdos.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Trading in Mario Aces for either Octopath or Valkyria Chroncles 4. I have demos for both I have neglected to play. I guess I should play those and then make my decision, but I'm feeling impulsive.

Get VC4

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Odd Mutant posted:

I would like to add that I'm referring to the anime (minus that one episode) and not the manga for weirdos.

Fair enough, it was mostly a very sweet little show

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Leal posted:

Not in my head canon!

Linkle : Link :: Tingle : Fairies

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice

Strawberry Panda posted:

VC4

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pocket Card Jockey for Smash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLmzH0l3us

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo has refused to give us the Switch Fit we demand, but a third party is stepping up! Or should I say, punching up?

I recently started carrying around my fit meter again, I'm probably the last person on the planet to do so. Wii Fit U and the fit meter (though I don't use Wii Fit U anymore) are probably the most positive impact a video game/game accessory has had on my life.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Don't play with my heart

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

Play the demos, but I personally did not care for Octapath and ended up returning it. It just felt too loose with the story telling,I never cared about any of the characters and the whole thing just felt shallow.

VC4 so far is great.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Octopath's good if you like challenging turn-based combat systems, and it does a great job building a world, with the stories mostly being nice standalone tales. Nothing really innovative or complex story-wise, but still enjoyable enough if you don't mind them being stand alone.

I'd definitely try the demo first though because it's not for everyone.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Tried both demos. Octopath immediately hooked me. The VC4 demo at first bored me and I got super frustrated with the combat because I had no idea what I was doing.

But 2 hours into that demo it clicked for me.

So, yeah, my decision is actually harder now than it was before!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

loving Lametendo, I CANCELLED my Super Mario Party pre-order guys :(

and got the physical release with the joy-con bundle

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Ratjaculation posted:

loving Lametendo, I CANCELLED my Super Mario Party pre-order guys :(

and got the physical release with the joy-con bundle

Thats a nice bundle but it comes out over a month after the initial release :(

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Tried both demos. Octopath immediately hooked me. The VC4 demo at first bored me and I got super frustrated with the combat because I had no idea what I was doing.

But 2 hours into that demo it clicked for me.

So, yeah, my decision is actually harder now than it was before!

The thing about the Octopath demo is that the "town/dungeon" formula persists throughout each chapter, for better or worse, so it'll be that same gameplay loop the rest of the game, except of course for increased difficulty and the side/post-game areas/bosses.

It's also a very long game, 80ish hours if you want to do everything, but whether that's a pro or con depends on each person.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Mega Comrade posted:

Thats a nice bundle but it comes out over a month after the initial release :(

The only reasonable solution is to buy both.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's really weird that Nintendo hasn't done a Switch Fit or a Switch Brain Training yet. The non-gaming moms and dads were a big part of the Wii and DS's success.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's really weird that Nintendo hasn't done a Switch Fit or a Switch Brain Training yet. The non-gaming moms and dads were a big part of the Wii and DS's success.
A lot of that market has been cleaned up by smartphones, wearables etc.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kins posted:

A lot of that market has been cleaned up by smartphones, wearables etc.

still worth a shot to try get some of them back, imo.

also, Splatoon has the Spirit Bomb

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1045235065007951872

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You power it up by spamming booyah, and your teammates can get special meter if they also spam booyah during the charge. That rules.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh poo poo, Western release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIOHu083wbw

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

it's going to be rated M by the ESRB of this thread

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

still worth a shot to try get some of them back, imo.

They did. There was a brain training for the 3DS that sold like 20,000 copies when the original sold millions upon millions.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nintendo badly bungled the releases though, Europe got Brain Training 3DS about four years later.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Argh, I just finished S2, and I still have to go finish E6-E8, as well as Sanrio. So much Picross!

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Takoluka posted:

Rated T for Titties

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/bkub_comic/status/1044163846389153792?s=21

Odd Mutant posted:

I liked Bowsette when it was Dragon Maid.

Creator of said series also fukken loves it, of course.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Takoluka posted:

M for Must Buy

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Rated M for Moe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004