Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I'm probably the only one thinking the volcano stuff was a misdirection. I hope they keep loot lake purple and bouncy. If they add some smoke it would look spooky and the house in the middle would be a nice haunted house.
I bet the runes are going to turn into teleports. I'll probably be wrong about that though. It's just weird that they kinda hinted at places in Tilted and then nothing happens there. It'd be cool if they end up taking you to different places in tilted and then you can run to another portal there to go somewhere else on the map. They'll probably do something totally different with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

loot lake still sucks as a location, even if it is bouncy, though. it needs a big revamp like the tomato temple

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I feel like I understand the point of loot lake from a map design standpoint, but it isn't actually fun in practice.

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018
Nothing beats killing someone with the golf ball shot!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't play Fortnite BR anymore, but I wish they make the entire lake a "dancing area" where people inside and near ground level are forced to dance. Adds sone lights and a background music to complete the effect of a "disco radio-active" area.

Then add Minecraft and Daft Punks songs you can broadcast from your player with a deployable boombox.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

BIgDevine posted:

Nothing beats killing someone with the golf ball shot!

uh, is that a thing?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I feel like I understand the point of loot lake from a map design standpoint, but it isn't actually fun in practice.

I agree with this and that huge open area between loot lake and dusty dinner are abysmal. They need something in there or a nice change to the area.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Next season 6 teaser up:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1044587448943108099

It looks like one of the other skins is a wild west theme.

I'm really confused about what the theme this season will be.

Last one seemed to be some kind of rift-hopping time-travel theme. (And before that, Superheroes of course) This one seems to subsume the characters in the cube's purple glow, so who knows what the 'backstory' behind the skins is just yet.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cowboy DJ's!!!!

wiki-wiki-wiki-wot in tarnation

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I want that skin, so I’m at least excited about that

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Cowboy DJ's!!!!

wiki-wiki-wiki-wot in tarnation

I would actually be 100% okay with this.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

quote:

Extended Fortnite Cross-Play Beta Launches on PS4 Starting Today

:siren: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/26/extended-fortnite-cross-play-beta-launches-on-ps4-starting-today/ :siren:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cool. Also, gently caress sony

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, that came out of nowhere.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Going to be major for both PvE and BR. PvE gets a shitton of extra filled lobbies (especially Xbox/PS4) and BR is even better. I'm guessing Epic would be able to enable certain LTMs more often on OCE etc. due to having a way bigger pool of players all of a sudden.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Lets say it, lets say the thing..

Sony is opening the doors to XPlay. Is a tiny leak, and we don't know if the gates will open enough for it to materialize, but is a great change from "we don't let PS4 players to play with Nintendo , XBox and PS4 because we think about the childrens" bullshit.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I guess the regular 10am teaser didn't happen. The playstation stuff is cool though.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Nullsmack posted:

I guess the regular 10am teaser didn't happen. The playstation stuff is cool though.

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1044965070453821445

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I thought it was delayed again! Nice to see it starts tomorrow

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This season’s transition was so underwhelming compared to the last one, but probably better in the long run.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I thought it was delayed again! Nice to see it starts tomorrow

Yeah, me too? Oh well I won't complain! Means I get to get far too little sleep before I fly to a wedding tomorrow...

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This season’s transition was so underwhelming compared to the last one, but probably better in the long run.

I was thinking about that as well, with the meteor being the best yet. However I feel like the meteor was completely out of nowhere, nobody saw Epic pulling off this new dynamic of pseudo-storyline stuff in game. Now we all sort of expect it so yea, the dynamic isn’t new anymore but hey, I’m cool with that. I think they’re doing a great job of keeping it fresh.

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
I do hope to see more of the get away type modes. I really enjoyed that due to the fact that it was way more likely I could win with myself and my scrub squad buddies, but still hard enough that a win was a big deal.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i wasn’t around the last time a season ended - will the new poo poo be up tonight, or will the servers go down a while for maintenance or w/e?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

dmboogie posted:

i wasn’t around the last time a season ended - will the new poo poo be up tonight, or will the servers go down a while for maintenance or w/e?

Patch downtime usually starts 10AM EU time (so 3AM EST iirc). They don't really announce the time of maintenance until close before though.

E: And big patch maintenances are usually between 2-4 hours. But there have been ones that last a day or longer (though that's been a while).

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Seditiar posted:

Patch downtime usually starts 10AM EU time (so 3AM EST iirc). They don't really announce the time of maintenance until close before though.

E: And big patch maintenances are usually between 2-4 hours. But there have been ones that last a day or longer (though that's been a while).

Gotcha, ty! Guess I can go to sleep at a normal time tonight

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

I guess they just delayed it by an hour to let the Playstation news spread.
I'm getting a very Halloween vibe from all of these teasers.

I'm still expecting something to happen in the map today. When I was on last night the lake had a hum to it that was pretty loud. Maybe it's just something that's going to happen in an intro video though and not as an in-map event.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

For what it's worth, in PvE they said they're focusing on improving performance and fixing bugs for a while. This lasts from 5.4 to ~6.1 (so 3 major patches) with near zero new content.

Not saying BR is the same, but seeing as they posted about working heavily on sound stuff, I'd guess Epic focused quite a bit on performance for BR as well.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think Season 6 will Scrap-punk. Like the Horde Bash event, with some "Vampires & Werewolved" mixed to it.

video is not related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-1LRos45Jk

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Finally managed to pick up the Season 5 victory umbrella for my PlayStation account (by playing solo on Switch).

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Score my second solo win yesterday, sticking with my desert strategy and the circle was very friendly to me. Ended up by the house near the head between lucky and flush. Heavy sniped some unsuspecting people into oblivion and finished the last guy with the scar up close.

Same thing today. Another guy is in my chest village and thinks he's alone. I found another heavy at the archway, and kindly remove his head when we stops for a slurp. I move down to the waterfall for a change, and wait by the rifts. Circle keeps working for me til I finally have to take a rift with 5 people left. I land on the RV mountain across from the arch and see quite a lot built across the way on my starting point. 2 people battling. One wins, the other takes notice to me but turns his attention to the guy below long enough for me to blow his head off too. It's down to 1v1. Guy is shooting at me with a guided! Fish in a barrel. Except I fall and have to scramble on the ground. I recover, but somehow are unable to snipe this guy (in default skin D: ) and I move towards him with my gold P90. He outduels me. gently caress.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Some leaked promo art showed up:

https://twitter.com/FNBRLeaks/status/1044976683856596992

What I want to know is - is the doggo back there a back bling or a skin.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dog back bling!!!!!

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Is that guy to the right wearing one of those costumes where it looks like you're riding a horse, but your real legs stick out of the bottom and the legs you see on the side are fake?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oh god. A cat pet would probably be the first thing that would make me want to spend money on this game.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Feels like the dog is gonna be a skin that ties into that werewolf we saw in the promo this morning.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I haven't played this game in I don't even know how long, have they done anything interesting with PvE in the last year or so?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Battle Royale is pretty good, you should try that.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Yeah I've played a few matches, it's not bad. Is there a big enough goon presence though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah I've played a few matches, it's not bad. Is there a big enough goon presence though?

Depends on which platform you are on.