Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Time for the only pull I’m getting this fest.

Completely OK with that, I think Maria’s BSB is available from the AA so I finally have some goddamn earth magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Adel posted:

Time for the only pull I’m getting this fest.

Completely OK with that, I think Maria’s BSB is available from the AA so I finally have some goddamn earth magic.

Yeah, Maria's Burst should be an Option on both Tome 7 and Tome 8.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

If anyone's a pathological minmaxer like me, those feast dungeons also give XP about equal to one node of the powered-up XP dungeon. So bring along underleveled magicite/units or SBs to learn.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Speaking of Cactuars. How's everyone planning to spend their tickets? I think I'm going for a 50/50 split between Power/Earth/Holy and Black/Lightning/Ice.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I was able to really cheese Seymour Omnis in the regular event thanks to RWs, but I wasn't so lucky in the Crystal Tower due to forced Wall. I got creative with bringing my best breaker, Setzer, but I also didn't want to use a top-tier healer because I'll need them later. Enter Yuna with her ever-so-ubiquitous Chaos Rod SSB for healing.

...I had to defend for several turns and set up both Yuna and Setzer with my "start with SB" materias to get my foot in the door but it ended up working. I don't feel good about it but a win's a win. None of these other bosses have Dispel nonsense so things should roll much smoother. I'm thinking of testing out my brand new fire mage team against Seeker, since the battle seems to dislike physical fighters, so that should be fun.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I grabbed edward, 3 lower tier mages (except I used terra, probably a bad idea but owell) and deuce; took a bit and had to be a little conservative (I also threw shell on one of the dps so I could slam that out quickly after dispel), but I got him after the 4th rotation, used a bunch of NE stuff to help with DPS.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I think they've stealth raised the Lucky Pot rates in the daily Orb Dungeons or something. For the entire time I've been playing I've never gotten 3 pots in one go, until this past week where it happened 3 times in crystal dungeons.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

I have defeated all the 4* magicites. Feels good to finally get off my rear end and finish them up. gently caress you Hades.

Now to put a few more on farm for a little bit to get my 5* Mag and Atk teams finished up

But first... onto the Crystal tower of shite!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

How do people keep track of their stuff?

I'm a fairly new player, but I've already got a bunch of assorted 5*/6* stuff, and if I want to know something like whether I could put together a passable wind team, I don't have a way to answer that except by going through everything one at a time.

Is there some nifty tool I'm unaware of where I can enter all my relics and then quickly answer questions like that?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm a fairly new player, but I've already got a bunch of assorted 5*/6* stuff, and if I want to know something like whether I could put together a passable wind team, I don't have a way to answer that except by going through everything one at a time.

Is there some nifty tool I'm unaware of where I can enter all my relics and then quickly answer questions like that?

Excel

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

:same:

Not even joking.

A Google Drive spreadsheet is fine too. Basically the same thing.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Elephant Ambush posted:

:same:

Not even joking.

A Google Drive spreadsheet is fine too. Basically the same thing.

:same: :same:

Every so often I put together a spreadsheet of items by realm or element or whatever just to see.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i used excel but then i realized i didn't and shouldn't really care that much and stopped updating it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Qwertycoatl posted:

If you google "ffrk collection spreadsheet" there are a lot of ones folks put together. Some good, some bad, some good for certain purposes. Mainly they take info from Enlir's database of everything, so if you want to track what weapons you have from what realms, stuff like that, it's fine. If you want to know who you have with wind SBs, you may be able to sort by that as well. If you want to sort at a glance by who you have with hastega or last stand or Mag Boost, not so much because those are all in one textbox, the "SB description" and as I was kvetching earlier the game is not quite good about consistent descriptions.

I've been meaning to take one of those as a base and wrestle it into the info I want, but it's a lot easier to do if you start than when you've got a ton of folks already. Best method I can see is adding checkboxes for all the various buffs and filling that in as you add each SB. Also the spreadsheets I've found have you input the relic and then it autofills the rest, which doesn't help for relics I've already fed to others.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Prav posted:

i used excel but then i realized i didn't and shouldn't really care that much and stopped updating it

Same except I didn't stop.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Thanks, time to fire up Excel then I guess

dimeat
Feb 28, 2003

Well let’s see it. I mean if it’s as big as you say, I’ll be your girlfriend. [gasps] We could go to prom together.
If you're on android, you could use this

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/9fktws/ffrk_drop_tracker_and_inventory_exporter_v20/

It'll export a .csv and he has something to make it all graphical too

And this site will take the .csv as well -- https://sbs.jaryth.net/

MF_James
May 8, 2008

dimeat posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/9fktws/ffrk_drop_tracker_and_inventory_exporter_v20/

Oh gently caress yes, I had initially created a spreadsheet and loaded like 70-80 items into it, but haven't gone back and I've collected a lot of poo poo since then, it's just loving daunting, had I started in the beginning it would have been easier.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What are the recommended melee characters to focus on?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I said come in! posted:

whomever you have relics for!

A few of the really big guns are: Orlandeau, Yuffie, Edge, Shadow, Bartz, Tidus, Cloud, and Squall.

The ninjas really shine when you can legend dive them, this allows them to doublecast ninja abilities, and especially once you get their USBs that add chases to their abilities.

Other than the ninjas though it really is dependent on who you get relics for, but the guys other than the ninjas up there are all top-tier once you get some stuff for them.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I said come in! posted:

Whoever you have relics for. If you don't have relics, whoever you have good skills for. If you don't care that much about optimization, whoever you like the most.

No character in this game is truly bad, outside of the non-Tyro/Elarra core classes (the ones with the crystal as their realm), they're just sometimes suboptimal or less ridiculous.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

KataraniSword posted:

Whoever you have relics for. If you don't have relics, whoever you have good skills for. If you don't care that much about optimization, whoever you like the most.

No character in this game is truly bad, outside of the non-Tyro/Elarra core classes (the ones with the crystal as their realm), they're just sometimes suboptimal or less ridiculous.

I do wish they'd do SOMETHING with the core classes so they're not totally useless.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Omg that's such an obvious but good idea. I stopped tracking since the online tool went offline but I'm definitely starting one of those at work tomorrow.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

No character in this game is truly bad

Kimahri is pretty close, but that's also true to his character.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Kimahri is AMAZING for Phoenix, though.

There are some just plain bad characters, but they're few and far between. Gau (until his USB), Angeal, Ward, Kiros, Rubicante, etc. Basically if they haven't gotten a new relic in forever they're probably pretty bad (Edge is a rare exception).

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Gau.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dear FFRK Developers,

Please add Final Fantasy Mystic Quest to the game.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

dimeat posted:

Thanks for this, it's useful. But I happened to click on that reddit guy's post history and it turns out he's an mra :yikes:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Kheldarn posted:

Dear FFRK Developers,

Please add Final Fantasy Mystic Quest to the game.

There's an HD rerelease coming out next year for switch and ps4 so...maybe?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

dimeat posted:

the tracker didn't want to work on mEmu, but Nox did it fine and MAN that site makes it easy. That's everything I wanted in a tracker. Thank you!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gau's going to start emulating Orlandeau real soon

in other news, I think Y'shtola is officially no longer my default healer

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
3/11 with 2 dupe bsbs. Got my first healer USB with Elarra USB!

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Onion Knight's Guise, Magika Album, 2nd Fusion Sword, and Organis+. I was mostly hoping for The Magika Album and I'm pretty happy I got it with one 50 mythril pull.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

I think I have everything for OK except his BSB at this point, now I need to figure out a way to use this with his mUSB!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wowzers, 3/11 two onion knight ultras and elarra’s ultra :stare:

i was considering pulling twice on this banner just for the extra shot at elarra but that’s good enough for me

edit: wow everyone’s getting elarra and onion knight stuff huh

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

7/33
Papalymo BSB/LMR
Cloud Glint x2 (dupes)/AOSB
Aphinaud BSB x2 (dupes)

Dangit, I lose on waifu pulls. Papa's on my fire mage team now though.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Finally got elarras usb on my 2nd pull yay

Does this replace arc with his pblink or yuna/penelo last stand

Help me goons

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

stab posted:

Finally got elarras usb on my 2nd pull yay

Does this replace arc with his pblink or yuna/penelo last stand

Help me goons

elarra is basically the only healer you need now

(not ENTIRELY true but close)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

You know what? Papa/vivi/OK/Krile/healer of some sort is a solid magic team even without OK's USB3 or Krile's chain. Still a bit miffed that I pulled nothing I was chasing, but I can live with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Indecisive posted:

elarra is basically the only healer you need now

(not ENTIRELY true but close)
It's definitely nice to employ speed tech on just one more Crystal Tower segment that you might otherwise have been hindered by. (Though in my case I had speed tech for every segment, so even Seymour Omnis didn't survive much longer than his first phase.)