Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Really Pants posted:

fierce eyebrows > titties imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Oh no! :ohdear:

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
This Bowser thing is going to become the moment that i realized that "gamer culture" has completely passed me by. I had a good 20-something years i suppose.

Just need to find somewhere that tells me what games are worth playing anymore. Meta/opencritic, i suppose? At least that's just numbers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This forum is the place to go for what games are worth playing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

a bitchin jetski posted:

Just need to find somewhere that tells me what games are worth playing anymore. Meta/opencritic, i suppose? At least that's just numbers.

metacritic rates star ocean 3 at 80/100

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There haven't been any new games this week, I'm sure we'll be talking about them when they do.

Also feel free to talk about games you're playing! I just started Bayonetta 2

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There haven't been any new games this week, I'm sure we'll be talking about them when they do.

I feel like a few games have come out this week right

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

trust the gooncensus

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Valkyria Chronicles 4/Life is Strange 2 came out this week!

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The first episode of LiS 2 came out!

(It was a bit crap and i say this as someone who bought the first season twice and loved the spin-off as well.)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I assume no one says hella then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk I didn't look at it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

trust the gooncensus

No, learn to trust two or three people's taste you agree with, is probably the route to go. Like mine, I have excellent taste

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If your tastes diverge from mine than they’re bad tastes, sorry

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
chapter 7 of mother 3 is kind of jarring for how the whole first half of it is paced like an entire chapter in itself and after that you're just kinda railroaded through new areas for a little bit without as much dialog as the rest of the game. there are still cool moments but it's an odd change of pace for a game so dense with dialog compared to the first two

still really enjoying it though, kind of sad that i'm apparently coming up on the end soon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

Valkyria Chronicles 4/Life is Strange 2 came out this week!

so did pathfinder, i guess

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

so did pathfinder, i guess

not for the backers who still haven't gotten their keys :shepspends:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 27, 2018

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

metacritic rates star ocean 3 at 80/100
deservedly

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Just realized, no one will ever believe my Monster Hunter World character isn't a Bowsette despite me creating her before this took off :(

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
all i'm waiting for is the climatic conclusion on jeremy springer where we find out who bowser jrs biological parents are

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Where's my big titty Wario internet?

Actually, no. Don't tell me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i just got ending A in nier automata and even though 9S is a little poo poo I'm still very excited to see more. the 8bit remixes are perfecto

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody

Today I learned that there is a condition where crystals naturally found within your inner ear become dislodged and end up traveling around your inner ear and their movement fucks with your sense of balance and gives you vertigo.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody

Today I learned that there is a condition where crystals naturally found within your inner ear become dislodged and end up traveling around your inner ear and their movement fucks with your sense of balance and gives you vertigo.

sorry friend, I've dealt with vertigo and it completely sucks

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Show Me The Ear Crystals

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

bentacos posted:

Where's my big titty Wario internet?

Actually, no. Don't tell me.

That's normal Wario.

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody

Something like labyrinthitis?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thankfully it is not me who is suffering from it.

Unfortunately, it is KCB.

She had a bad ear infection about a month ago and ever since then she's had this dizzy feeling and after 2 trips to a walk-in clinic and a trip to the ER, she finally got an appointment with her PCP and found out that this is a thing and that she very clearly is suffering from it.

Me, I thought vertigo was just a sensation you occasionally got, especially if you were focusing too much on trying to be balanced and not fall over, especially under stressful situations where falling could hurt you a lot, but apparently there's just a condition that just causes vertigo when you move your head so they have, among other things, an exercise to try and remove the crystals by moving the head in a certain way so it's like solving a 3D maze without being able to see the pieces.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Colonel posted:

peach can be a fun character when she gets to be a character

hard to be a character when you only get to have a speaking role in like twelve games out of 200

again, gotta re-release thousand year door. everyone wins

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Something like labyrinthitis?

I dunno what that is but the thing she's dealing with is called BPPV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLm76jQg3g

Despite that thing in that vid there, with how bad KCB's dizziness has been these past few weeks, the doc said she might need to attend some physical therapy, to wear a neckbrace to keep her head level and to sleep upright for a few nights before transitioning to sleeping solely on her side for several more nights until everything clears up.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:(

Stay safe KCB

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/1045015935558381568

If this is actually like, serious then I'm guessing they were aiming for an E for Everyone rating so everyone on the planet can play.

However having poop in your game might cause your rating to go up no matter what color you depict it as.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno what that is but the thing she's dealing with is called BPPV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLm76jQg3g

Despite that thing in that vid there, with how bad KCB's dizziness has been these past few weeks, the doc said she might need to attend some physical therapy, to wear a neckbrace to keep her head level and to sleep upright for a few nights before transitioning to sleeping solely on her side for several more nights until everything clears up.

Oh, that's definitely not it. I get dizzy and lose my balance if I get up too quickly and usually have to use something nearby as support until it stabilizes. I also tend to bump on everything in my way like Lucille 2 but I just chalk that up to being clumsy when someone asks.

I should see a doctor to confirm and get some sort of medication but it is nowhere as severe as KCB's, mostly an occasional nuisance.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

a messed up horse posted:

sorry friend, I've dealt with vertigo and it completely sucks

I also have BPPV. The first time I had an episode that went beyond nausea and literally made me crash to the floor because I lost my balance, it was somewhat terrifying.

I always carry OTC meds like Dramamine with me. If I feel the "warning signs" I take those and it tends to help.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/1045015935558381568

If this is actually like, serious then I'm guessing they were aiming for an E for Everyone rating so everyone on the planet can play.

However having poop in your game might cause your rating to go up no matter what color you depict it as.

the wattam r18 uncensor patch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why hasn't wattam come out yet? Hasn't it been like 4 years

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

game development

idk the guy isn't exactly taking kickstarter bucks to deliver on it so i'm fine waiting as long as it takes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This has me wondering if this was something she's always had some degree of trouble with but it was maybe in uh

Idk, remission? I'm sure there's a better term for it. Basically, we went to an amusement park a few years ago and she was really surprised and saddened to find out that any time she got onto a ride, she became very motion sick and dizzy to the point of needing to sit down, so I'm wondering if that could have been an early sign that something was wrong and now it's only so prevalent because of irritation from the ear infection.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The part of poop will be played by chocolate ice cream

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

In Training posted:

it takes time making weird poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

a bitchin jetski posted:

This Bowser thing is going to become the moment that i realized that "gamer culture" has completely passed me by. I had a good 20-something years i suppose.

dont worry it only means that you don't want to fucker bowser

• Locked thread