Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Wicked Them Beats posted:

The solution is to play a better system or get a better GM.

Echo on this.

Any GM who would bring an entirely new player into their game and then willingly let them do nothing for an entire session before effectively killing their character off is a horrible GM. "Well, the dice/cards said so" is a lousy excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RPGnet I think had a review of a post-apocalypse system where character creation was completely broken. It was done entirely through random rolling and included a gigantic number of both positive and negative options, which resulted in their first two characters dying instantly during character creation and the third having muscles so atrophied that he couldn't actually move under his own power. It seemed to be impossible to reliably make a character that could even exist for more than a few seconds upon starting a game.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Hey friend? Not playing games is better than playing games that make you feel bad.

You are not required to pay back his investment at the price of your own happiness.
Echoing this. No gaming is better than bad gaming, and that sounds like a game where the GM is trying to kill everyone with only the barest hint of fair play. Just because someone wrote it down beforehand doesn't mean it's a good system to use or that you should be using it indiscriminately.

To compare, I run a sort of Lovecraftian 3.5e game set in Eberron and built my own sanity system for it since the system in the SRD sucks. We talked it over as a group to make sure everyone was on board with it mechanically and flavor-wise, and the worst thing that can happen is being Panicked for 1 round. It's only rolled at the start of combat, only with poo poo that's appropriately horrible (you're not rolling sanity against zombies in a world where one country fielded entire divisions of them in the last war), and even if you roll amazingly poorly there's only a 20% chance you actually lose your action.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

At this point if you're hungry for a post-apocalyptic role playing adventure where someone took a lot of care making sure the map tracks to real-world locations, pick up Fallout: New Vegas. It's better designed than this other game, playing it doesn't involve talking to this lovely GM, and as an added bonus no matter how you design your character they will never poo poo themselves to death upon encountering a ghoul.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Firstborn posted:

I'm not even sure if I want to continue with this character.
gently caress the character - you should not want to continue this entire loving game.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Thread needs more Tanicus to wash away bad GM funk.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That reminds me! Cobi, the mechanics of Tanicus' pantheon escape me at the moment, but is there a chance that at the end of the last campaign you could have wangled your way to putting your character's uncle in a position of supreme power within it, such that the setting would have to be renamed Stanicus

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

RPGnet I think had a review of a post-apocalypse system where character creation was completely broken. It was done entirely through random rolling and included a gigantic number of both positive and negative options, which resulted in their first two characters dying instantly during character creation and the third having muscles so atrophied that he couldn't actually move under his own power. It seemed to be impossible to reliably make a character that could even exist for more than a few seconds upon starting a game.
By chance was this deadEarth? I remember that being an atrocious mess where the one saving grace was that the resulting characters were unintentionally hilarious. I'd have to dig around for the original blog posts reviewing it but I remember someone rolling up two dead characters, an invalid, a seasoned combatant with a sapient fungus for a cohort, and the Fastest Businessmidget in the West.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

NGDBSS posted:

Fastest Businessmidget
It's really a shame this is too long to be a username.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Yawgmoth posted:

It's really a shame this is too long to be a username.
That particular character is apparently so ridiculous that nothing could hit him in combat, including himself. Also his height was low enough that the reviewer had to extrapolate the weight chart to get something meaningful and not negative. The full story's here.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NGDBSS posted:

By chance was this deadEarth? I remember that being an atrocious mess where the one saving grace was that the resulting characters were unintentionally hilarious. I'd have to dig around for the original blog posts reviewing it but I remember someone rolling up two dead characters, an invalid, a seasoned combatant with a sapient fungus for a cohort, and the Fastest Businessmidget in the West.

It was! I actually went through the handbook to make someone:

quote:

I'm trying to figure out this batshit character creation system

Okay so you can only be between 16 and 60 years old, so on a roll of 90 I roll again

I do get to choose my height and weight, so let's say our character is 6'2 and 300 pounds

Okay I got 27, so he gets...380+6dx10 skill points. Because that math makes sense

4000 skill points????

1. 037 Terrorize.
You can use your intimidate to strike fear into the hearts of men. Whenever you make a successful intimidate roll,you may choose to have the effect be to freeze the victim in fear (2D6 stun), or to flee from you in terror.

2. 272 Antiempathy.
Your character emits his/her feelings in waves of raw emotion that everyone can feel. All players and non-player characters will know instantly if you are angry, happy, sad, nervous, confident, etc. Knowing your feelings gives them +D6 to their reason roll to determine your intentions, if they are doing such.

3. 799 Potent.
Each time you have intercourse, you have a 75% chance of conceiving.

4. 078 Persnickety.
You have an obsession with your personal appearance and your cleanliness.

5. 069 Rite of baptism.
You can perform a ceremony (invent one)to purify the body and heal the soul. This ceremony will heal 2D6 hit points of choice on yourself or on another. The ceremony must last about 10 minutes.

6. 949 Abundance.
Roll on the radiation table a number of times equal to your current number of skill points, divided by ten,rounded up. For example, if you have 8 skill points, roll once;if 26 skill points, roll 3 times.

So for the Abundance mutation, you divide your current skill points by 10 and round up. Let's say we spent 3050 points so we have 50 left. So another 5 mutations

7. 993 Attributable.
Using your resiliency as the first digit, your strength as the second digit, and your moves as the third digit, add the radiation to your list corresponding to these digits. If an attribute is greater than 9, make the digit a 9.

8. 609 Filter.
You may swap the skill levels of any two of your skills permanently D6 times.

9. 434 Manic depressive.
Each morning roll a D6. On a good day, every person (including you) adds one to all rolls while near you. On a bad day, every person subtracts one from all rolls while near you.

10. 736 Hotbed.
Whenever you roll on the radiation table, anyone who was within 20 feet of you at the time of exposure must also roll.

11. 428 Electric arc.
A bolt of electricity erupts from your hand to strike any target of your choice. This ability does 3D6 damage.The unfortunate side effect is that you take half damage the target takes

12. 569 Lost hope.
deadEarth has broken you. You have no desire to make your life worthwhile. You will gain no skill points for performing skills.

So there we go. Sex Jesus, the manic-depressive baby factory with various magic powers who's so broken that he can't ever improve.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I dropped the game. I woke up this morning to find the Discord to be talking about how much fun they are going to have with my character's gear and car that I downloaded a 200 pg. book for it, read and built it, and edited a .PDF of the vehicle character sheet and drew a picture. I found it attached to someone else's inventory wholesale. I just told the GM my IRL game got moved to this date, and I regrettably had to leave. He told me that my character could've been shocked back to health with defibrillation, but PC no. 1 used the power source for his ipad huehuehuehue. Seemed a lot more mean spirited than I initially thought. Still, I'll never forget the tale of Heart Attack Jack. I hope they enjoy my car. I went full effort-mode.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
^^^edit: holy poo poo those guys are incredible assholes. My only hope is that they never inflict themselves on anyone else.

chitoryu12 posted:

So there we go. Sex Jesus, the manic-depressive baby factory with various magic powers who's so broken that he can't ever improve.
:psypop: jfc and I thought my friend's MSHRPG ripoff game was insane, with three huge D-ring binders full of homebrew (one of which was powers, and another was skills and nested chargen tables). You could roll up some stupid poo poo with it but I don't think anything was ever completely unplayable.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Firstborn, did you have that av before you posted this story?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

chitoryu12 posted:

I think my favourite was the ninja who is completely invisible, inaudible, and intangible in the dark (and couldn’t choose not to be) and instantly burns to death in any amount of light.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Firstborn posted:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I dropped the game. I woke up this morning to find the Discord to be talking about how much fun they are going to have with my character's gear and car that I downloaded a 200 pg. book for it, read and built it, and edited a .PDF of the vehicle character sheet and drew a picture. I found it attached to someone else's inventory wholesale. I just told the GM my IRL game got moved to this date, and I regrettably had to leave. He told me that my character could've been shocked back to health with defibrillation, but PC no. 1 used the power source for his ipad huehuehuehue. Seemed a lot more mean spirited than I initially thought. Still, I'll never forget the tale of Heart Attack Jack. I hope they enjoy my car. I went full effort-mode.

Lmao i would not have exited so gracefully after being so blatantly poo poo on. Please tell me these people aren't like, intimate friends.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Malpais Legate posted:

Lmao i would not have exited so gracefully after being so blatantly poo poo on. Please tell me these people aren't like, intimate friends.

Deep down you know that they are

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

^^^edit: holy poo poo those guys are incredible assholes. My only hope is that they never inflict themselves on anyone else.
:psypop: jfc and I thought my friend's MSHRPG ripoff game was insane, with three huge D-ring binders full of homebrew (one of which was powers, and another was skills and nested chargen tables). You could roll up some stupid poo poo with it but I don't think anything was ever completely unplayable.

I heard a story of a permanently exploding grandmother. It was a little old lady who had a radiation that made her explode in a nuclear explosion, plus one that made her resurrect the next day. So she would just keep waking up and exploding every morning.

Another guy in my Discord rolled a character who had the Armageddon mutation, which means:

A. He dies from 1 point of damage anywhere to the body.

B. He explodes in a massive burst of energy when he dies.

C. He can resurrect the next day 8 times, giving him nine lives.

D. He can randomly pass on one mutation to someone else by touching them.

Another mutation made him an extreme glutton in every sense, with one of the traits also being that he's so disgusted at himself that he would kill himself (thus exploding in a burst of energy and resurrecting the next day) if he saw himself in a mirror.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Phy posted:

Firstborn, did you have that av before you posted this story?

I did. I've had this av since the trailer, that's why it's all grainy and poo poo. Just a coincidence, I assure you. I do really like Fury Road and the Mad Max movies and stuff. My dude was more like Snake Plissken, really.

Malpais Legate posted:

Randos on Roll20. That's how I got to say "my IRL game". I didn't know any of them.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 27, 2018

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Playing deadEarth is bad gaming, but rolling up some characters with your friends is very good for all of these reasons.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lucky Guy posted:

Playing deadEarth is bad gaming, but rolling up some characters with your friends is very good for all of these reasons.

I said I wanted to run a game in a different system, but use deadEarth for all of the PC and NPC generation.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Firstborn posted:

Not gonna lie, this reminds me of that story where two guys would invite new people to the store they were in to play, leveling up their characters and stuff just to then kill them so the second dude could have cool undead minions.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

senrath posted:

Not gonna lie, this reminds me of that story where two guys would invite new people to the store they were in to play, leveling up their characters and stuff just to then kill them so the second dude could have cool undead minions.

Now that is one helluva long con to play on someone. I'm both impressed and disgusted at the same time.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I'll never understand people who use elf games to do such weird, mean-spirited poo poo. I guess their new minion needs to be part of an exploitative power trip so they can successfully jerk off to it later?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I mean I've had two characters used as post-mortem drop tables before so it's not exactly uncommon.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Kurieg posted:

I mean I've had two characters used as post-mortem drop tables before so it's not exactly uncommon.

I have as well, but there's a bit of a difference between "Man, it sucks your character died. At least we can still use his stuff." and "Thanks for the car lol".

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

senrath posted:

I have as well, but there's a bit of a difference between "Man, it sucks your character died. At least we can still use his stuff." and "Thanks for the car lol".

I had "I intentionally shoot matt in the back so I can steal his lightsaber." and "How dare you not specialize in broadswords, your gear is worthless to me."

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yikes. gently caress those guys.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Firstborn posted:

The GM is adversarial

This is the gaming equivalent of a ticking Geiger counter. The needle gets buried when someone DESCRIBES themselves as one.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I did have one zombie game on this forum where one of the players suddenly dropped out right before the game was supposed to start, so I rewrote the first combat encounter partially to make his former PC the first zombie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Firstborn posted:

Thank you for reminding us all that no gaming is better than bad gaming, and it's also to your credit that you didn't throw massive amounts of shade at everyone else in the game that was richly deserved.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
has there ever been a moment where you didn't realize you were playing the game wrong?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fruity20 posted:

has there ever been a moment where you didn't realize you were playing the game wrong?

I was GMing a PT boat chase up the East River of New York in my alternate 1955 game recently and suddenly realized over halfway through that I had forgotten the size modifier for the two boats, which would have caused almost all of the missed shots fired in that chase to have hit instead and probably caused huge casualties on either side depending on how the dice landed.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Firstborn posted:

Send the GM a PM "reminding" him you spent max points on booby traps.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Splicer posted:

Send the GM a PM "reminding" him you spent max points on booby traps.

Nah, there'd be no point.

"Oh yeah, I boobytrapped the car."

"Yeah, those all failed and/or the party knew about them and deactivated them."

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Our group pissed off a lich enough for him to unleash a loving Power Word: Kill on our paladin, after which our barbarian killed him with a crit. Holy poo poo.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Jade Rider posted:

Our group pissed off a lich
Pro-Tip: Don't do that.

quote:

enough for him to unleash a loving Power Word: Kill on our paladin,
Power Word Kill is no loving joke. Out of curiosity, looking it up in my Rules Cyclopedia, back in the day they at least had the courtesy of not only allowing a save (albeit at -4, and only if you were a magic-user or a creature that could use magic-user spells), and it was 60 HP or less dies, 61-100 hp is stunned 1d4 rounds, and 101+ hp was unaffected. Nowadays, there's no save, and anything 100 hp or less just straight dies. Crazy to think that the newer editions have gotten more lethal with it.

quote:

after which our barbarian killed him with a crit. Holy poo poo.
Yeah, "killed" the lich for all of a week or so, before he shows back up after reforming from his phylactery and wants all of his stuff (that the party undoubtedly pillaged) back.

still, :golfclap:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jade Rider posted:

Our group pissed off a lich enough for him to unleash a loving Power Word: Kill on our paladin, after which our barbarian killed him with a crit. Holy poo poo.
Reminds me of an Age of Worms game I was in, playing a monk/kensai with All The ACFs alongside an abjurant champion with All The Buffs and a psion/fiend of possession who possessed my bracers. My fists at this point were equivalent to +14 weapons and because of caster PrC shenanigans my fists were effectively constantly colossal. We needed some thing off a lich and went in expecting a fight, but hoping we could just talk him down.

AbjChamp: "We need your necklace to stop the end of the world. You can give it to us or we can pluck it out of the mess he-" *nods to kensai* "-makes out of your corpse. We aren't picky."
Lich: "I have a better idea: I kill you all and have some very fine replacements for the minions you ruined in getting here!"
Initiative is rolled, we all beat the lich.
AbjChamp: I move up to melee and then benign transposition with [kensai].
FoP: I give [kensai] Corpse Strike and then Time Hop the lich's armor.
Kensai: I use Decisive Strike and power attack for full. *rolls attack* oh hey, that's a crit.

All told, between all the crit mods I had I had a total of a x7 crit multiplier and did about 1200 damage in one go. We left a note saying "thanks for the necklace, don't come hunting for us because we'll just do this again and uppercutting you so hard you bounce off the ceiling twice is way less fun the second time."

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Aniodia posted:

Power Word Kill is no loving joke. Out of curiosity, looking it up in my Rules Cyclopedia, back in the day they at least had the courtesy of not only allowing a save (albeit at -4, and only if you were a magic-user or a creature that could use magic-user spells), and it was 60 HP or less dies, 61-100 hp is stunned 1d4 rounds, and 101+ hp was unaffected. Nowadays, there's no save, and anything 100 hp or less just straight dies. Crazy to think that the newer editions have gotten more lethal with it.

Newer editions are friendlier with PWK because you're operating on a different scale. In 5e D&D, a wizard with like 14 con will have over 100 HP at level 20. In rules cyclopedia D&D, a wizard with 14 con will have like 40 HP, tops, at level 20. A level 20 fighter in RC D&D with 18 Con (which is not a given) will have somewhere just over 100 HP, but nobody else will, because you stop getting dice and con bonus at level 9. After that it's a flat 1, 2, or 3 HP per level. The save for wizards was there because otherwise every wizard fight devolves into "Who casts Power Word Kill first?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Crossposting this from the r/relationships thread, a classic tale of gatekeeping assholes:

NEWB playing for the first time..... had the Worst experience. posted:

Rant ahead:

TL:DR I played my very first D&D game. It Effing Sucked. No one helped and I died before I could even get started, while everyone else ate the delicious food I made and excluded me from playing in the game. Looking for advice for where a newb can go to learn without feeling like a loving idiot.

Hello reddit.

Here is how my first D&D went. Keep in mind I have nothing to compare it to, all I know is that I did not have a good time. I was actually quite upset about it. But I think that is mostly attributed to the people I was playing with. I am looking for some advice on where newbs to the game can go to learn, and play with other newbs etc.

So, to start off, my SO has recently gotten into D&D and I have been showing interest in playing as well. But it is a complicated game to say the least, and a bit intimidating to tackle on your own. The game he plays is typically online and I tried to sit in on a few campaigns but didn’t get far because I had NO IDEA what was happing. So we set up a day for a few of his friends to come over specifically to play a NEWB game and kinda show me the ropes and walk me through everything. Gotta start somewhere right. I made a TON of snacks, because that’s what I do.... feed people. Lol. Anywho, everyone sits down to create their characters and I am handed a character sheet. I don’t even know where to start. Someone did kinda sit down with me, but teaching was not their forte.... so they started explaining things like what intelligence meant, and the definition of dexterity. I’m 32, I think I understand the general definition of common words. So I am asking all these questions about how these things work in game play....to be met with “oh we’ll get to that later” then they go off to make their own character. So I am reading this pdf, about elves. Took me 6 hours to put something together, only for everyone to say... well why would you put a character like this together it doesn’t work very well etc. You wont need this, but you should have this etc. So, they take my character and change it. They said I could name it whatever I wanted. So I did, but then because it wasn’t technically an elf name they kinda mocked me about it. Which kinda put a bad taste in my mouth. 6 hours later we start the game.

The DM wants to have a private chat with everyone about their character so we start with that. He asks me what my backstory is. What what what???? I didn’t know that was a part of this. No one said anything about a backstory! Then he asks what side I am on. The noble or the Lord.... ummmm. Huh? So he kinda explains that we are playing a game where its every player for himself/herself. I ask if the noble or lord is a good or bad guy. Etc. (cause I like to be clear if I am working as a good guy or and evil doer.) They are both corrupt. I don’t really have any motivation story wise to pick from. So I am a mercenary working for one bad guy or another. What’s the difference? He keeps wanting to know what my characters motivation is for choosing one against the other. I ask which one pays more? He thinks for a moment and finally says “yeah, I guess I can let your motivation be the price tag”

...ok, thanks.... I think.

After everyone has their talks. We kinda start the game....

Here’s where I am 100% lost. More than what I have been for the past 6 hours. I roll 20 initiative (sweet) I go first. Where are you? ... what? What do you mean. In the story?? I have no idea. I have no context. “ Ohh well you can be anywhere! The world is your oyster!” No options, no background no actual story... besides there is a dude you were hired to kill.

It proceeds like this for a bit. Everyone kinda asking questions. I’m just observing, that apparently our turns are timed. And you can essentially do whatever you want during your turn. Ok Cool.

I had a really high dexterity and stealth... awesome ill find out where this dude is and sneak in and kill him. I kinda start trying to figure out where this noble guy is, obviously trying to be character oriented and not “meta game” which is also a thing I didn’t know. And got called out on like I should have.

Every time I tried to do something... it was. Oh you cant do that, there’s an 8 foot brick wall around the building. Oh you cant do that It’s in the middle of the day and everyone will see you. Oh you cant do that because of reason reason reason. Which all could have been avoided if there was more of a setting given in the beginning, I feel. Again, I don’t know if that’s how its played.... do you just start in the dark and have to ask a million questions to figure out all the basic information? It seemed very random and off the top of the DM’s head. I felt like an idiot.

A few more turns and I roll a natural 1. I get caught sneaking. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO.... so I stabbed the lady.

Probably not my best option. But, off the top of my head, under a ticking clock. I didn’t know anything else I could do and no one was offering any help with options and what is actually allowed and not allowed etc.

I probably made a million rookie mistakes. Which was why we had the gathering to begin with so that I COULD LEARN HOW TO NOT MAKE THOSE MISTAKES!

Anywho. Chaos ensues as now everyone knows there’s a murdilator on the loose and every door I open and every exit I try and every window I go to is suddenly guarded or there’s a trap.

I end up scaling the “brick wall” that I discovered earlier. Someone throws a grenade at me. I hop in through a window to an empty room. Roll to use stealth to check the hallway from this room. I roll a 19. Ok stealth on. I creep the door open....OOPS THERES A GUY RIGHT THERE AND HE SEES YOU.... TOO BAD.

THEN I DIED.

No, no one told me that running away from a fight was a thing. No, no one gave me any tips on fighting, No, no one said anything about MAGIC SPELLS I APPARENTLY HAD. No one told me I could use things like asking about distance because apparently my long bow could have sniped everyone off from way far away. Blah blah blah. Things that would have been nice to know about the character I picked (and had changed) information that would have been really nice to me in game play.

So this is only about an hour in. So I spent all that time on making a character to get murderized in the very beginning because IM A NEWB AND THREW THIS PARTY FOR HELP!!!!

So they all continue to play. I slunk off to the corner and sit on facebook. Every 10 min someone says.... oooooh I’m so sorry I killed you on your very first game... Ohhhhh that must suck. Awww I’m so sorry. Hey, remember that time we killed you during your first game? That really sucks man, I’m sorry. Also, the DM apparently continues to use my dead body and re telling more than once the time everyone watched me get hacked in 2 with some special weapon thing that destroys any weapon in touches.

Oh Hey. Sorry again that I killed you. Remember when that happened. If only you had done this instead.. hmmm. Yeah. You could have played much better. Here, let me point out all your mistakes.

I left. I cried. I felt like poo poo.

Please tell me there are nice people that play D&D... and where can I find them.

Thanks for reading my rant. (Hard to bitch to my SO about how crappy his D&D friends made me feel.... it will still happen... but I needed to cool off a bit first)