Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

You go to pick up another chapter of the Tome of Eternal Darkness and instead it's a letter that just says "Alex confirmed for Smash Bros"

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

An unconventional choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DAORNCSkGc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tithin posted:

friend of mine bought it and he's not sure that the game's not entirely on the level, it's got the 14 words, and a lot of the enemies have super wide noses

https://steamcommunity.com/app/368620/discussions/0/1734340257883575725/

totally not a bigot posted:

Actually it wasn't the dev that wrote the in-your-face dialogue you are talking about; it was this company http://meminsf.silverstringmedia.com/ hopefully the dev takes some of the money he makes from early sales, hires a new writing staff and turns this game into the classic it could be instead of the embarassing footnote it's becoming.

Apparently this game is both pro nazis and pushing the SJW leftists agenda. :lol:

(your friend is dumb. its not pro nazis)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/368620/discussions/0/1734340257883575725/

Apparently this game is both pro nazis and pushing the SJW leftists agenda. :lol:

(your friend is dumb. its not pro nazis)

good to know, because everything ive seen of the game has painted it as a modern sotn, and im dying to play it (on the switch)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
“I got nothing against gay people but”

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Little known fact: Alucard is "antifa" spelled backwards.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

person in that insane thread posted:

Funny, i thought i had the right not to like Agendas, Persons or Storys, you telling me if its has something to do with Gays, i have to like it ?
Guess what, Game refunded.

this reads like a negative universe dril post

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

did someone say gay people butt.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yes, bloodychill just said gay people butt

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
:frogon:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

*examines the post with a loupe*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

this reads like a negative universe dril post

Lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

b_d posted:

did someone say gay people butt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWHLKZLtVuo&t=16s

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The character portraits in timesplitters are intolerable to me because of stuff like this:
https://twitter.com/TheGamingGround/status/977675404873031682

I see those faces in the game, and I remember this sort of art.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
actively searching out illustrations you don't like from random people on tumblr to get mad at them ftw

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the capital crime of making some animes look weird, but it's a different weird than usual

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Did you know people draw in different styles, it's mindblowing

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I can't believe they made Harry Tipper gay

loving sjws ruin yet another IP :sigh:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the harry tipper level in future perfect was kind of weird considering the whole guard conversation in that level where the joke is that a creepy gay man who likes to wear women's clothing is creeping on his straight coworker

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I honestly can't remember anything about future perfect except they added a dedicated grenade button and Cortez now yells TIME TO SPLIT in every cutscene

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

and then in the missile train there's a woman guard taking a giant poo poo while screaming "OOGH IT'S LIKE GIVING BIRTH"

Games Are Art

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cowcaster posted:

yes, bloodychill just said gay people butt

:hmmyes:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there are still a few really good jokes in future perfect but there are also a few that are really bad or kind of just, there. it's still a decent game though, if not as good of a run n gun fps as timesplitters 2

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean most people don't have a room they can dedicate to VR so I fail to see how it's supposed to have this big "watershed" moment.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF4ZLtVIk8o

this is probably the best scene in all of timesplitters 3

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The only timesplitters 'joke' I remember is a woman telling the main dude she was going to go up a ladder first and he looks at her skirt and says 'okay!'

I sort of wish the variant-heavy party fps, or whatever you want to call goldeneye/PD/Timesplitters would return but admittedly they're a relic these days.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Relax Or DIE posted:

The only timesplitters 'joke' I remember is a woman telling the main dude she was going to go up a ladder first and he looks at her skirt and says 'okay!'

I sort of wish the variant-heavy party fps, or whatever you want to call goldeneye/PD/Timesplitters would return but admittedly they're a relic these days.

yeah future perfect has a few jokes like that and they're all, extremely unfunny

i hope thq nordic does like a timesplitters remastered trilogy thing cause timesplitters 2 is still legit a really fun game and having m+kb controls and online for it would kick rear end. i'm still upset that microsoft is never going to release perfect dark on pc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grapplejack posted:

I mean most people don't have a room they can dedicate to VR so I fail to see how it's supposed to have this big "watershed" moment.

You can still do stationary or seated VR, not every PSVR owner has a dedicated room. But yeah, it's not exactly casual. There are only so many houses and lifestyles that allow you to make yourself blind and deaf and wave your arms around wildly for a couple of hours at a time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Colonel posted:

Yea, this is my favorite one.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Colonel posted:

that was definitely the best level

I liked Cortez using a portal four times to back himself up in the basement vault

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

haveblue posted:

You can still do stationary or seated VR, not every PSVR owner has a dedicated room. But yeah, it's not exactly casual. There are only so many houses and lifestyles that allow you to make yourself blind and deaf and wave your arms around wildly for a couple of hours at a time.

Our cat likes waiting until I've got this all setup to scare the everloving poo poo out of me by jumping on my lap.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Call me a weirdo but I wish Tales stayed 2D and went heavier on fighting game button inputs. The only 3D free run games I've played are Abyss and Hearts R but combat can get really chaotic, you easily lose track of enemies off camera who'll just whip out ultra mega combos and murder people off screen, and I feel like flying enemies lose a tactical advantage because in 2D Tales you had to physically jump over the front ranks and that would open you up to a rear attack if you weren't careful.

Like Tales' lack of invincible frames are why the combat is so intriguing and frustrating. Intriguing because you can effectively stunlock enemies with good timing but frustrating because you'll get what I call Dead Rising bosses who instantly recover and take a guy from 2,000hp to 0 with an un-blockable string of moves.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

The character portraits in timesplitters are intolerable to me because of stuff like this:
https://twitter.com/TheGamingGround/status/977675404873031682

I see those faces in the game, and I remember this sort of art.

what do you mean, exactly

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

Call me a weirdo but I wish Tales stayed 2D and went heavier on fighting game button inputs. The only 3D free run games I've played are Abyss and Hearts R but combat can get really chaotic, you easily lose track of enemies off camera who'll just whip out ultra mega combos and murder people off screen, and I feel like flying enemies lose a tactical advantage because in 2D Tales you had to physically jump over the front ranks and that would open you up to a rear attack if you weren't careful.

Like Tales' lack of invincible frames are why the combat is so intriguing and frustrating. Intriguing because you can effectively stunlock enemies with good timing but frustrating because you'll get what I call Dead Rising bosses who instantly recover and take a guy from 2,000hp to 0 with an un-blockable string of moves.

abyss is one of the weakest 3d combat systems in the series and afaik hearts r isn't a lot better. you should play graces f because it's really the best 3d combat the series has had and it works insanely well

3d tales' bigger problem is that it figured everything out just right with graces f, and then, didn't use that system ever again for like six years and then when it brought it back they made it significantly worse and had to spend a game unfucking the terrible version of it that they'd made. the xillia games inbetween still have like, functional combat systems with some neat new additions... but they're using the same base mechanics as symphonia/abyss/vesperia, even though they just made an entirely new system specifically to evolve the games past that older system

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 27, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Rei looks great, but Minako is the wrong height 2/10

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it would be nice if they'd localize tales of destiny director's cut and rebirth though since those games are like the height of what 2d tales managed to do with its core design, to the point that destiny dc heavily informs the mechanics and character variety of graces f and rebirth is just straight-up a wholly unique system for the series that no other tales game attempts to copy

i guess tempest has the three planes system, but.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Samuringa posted:

Did you know people draw in different styles, it's mindblowing

INT. Derelict Space Ship Airlock
SNOOZE CRUISE has enter the ship wearing her space suit

Snooze Cruise: Hm. No life signs. Or to put it as the weird spacetwitter calls it nowadays, "no life sighs."

INT. Bridge of the Ship
Snooze Cruise opens the door to the bridge and enters the room. She recoils in shock when she finds the corpses of the crew!

Snooze Cruise: Oh my god, all of them dead. What the hell happened? Wait... they were bleeding, from their eyes?! Let me turn on this space monitor, do do do, there we go. Ahh! Its fanart of characters I like! But the artist made the noses, cheeks, and the tips of their fingertips red. The horror! I'm bleeding from my eyes and my brain is leaking from my nose. I'm dead!

Note: This is the script of Event Horizon

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Someone play Pig Eat Ball and then explain it to me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

INT. Derelict Space Ship Airlock
SNOOZE CRUISE has enter the ship wearing her space suit

Snooze Cruise: Hm. No life signs. Or to put it as the weird spacetwitter calls it nowadays, "no life sighs."

INT. Bridge of the Ship
Snooze Cruise opens the door to the bridge and enters the room. She recoils in shock when she finds the corpses of the crew!

Snooze Cruise: Oh my god, all of them dead. What the hell happened? Wait... they were bleeding, from their eyes?! Let me turn on this space monitor, do do do, there we go. Ahh! Its fanart of characters I like! But the artist made the noses, cheeks, and the tips of their fingertips red. The horror! I'm bleeding from my eyes and my brain is leaking from my nose. I'm dead!

Note: This is the script of Event Horizon

tbh i always thought "tumblr nose" just meant the tip was red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The nose is the most common, but there is a lot of stuff people complain about that have like, flush fingertips and cheeks as well from what I seen?

• Locked thread