Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Relax Or DIE posted:

Snooze cruise beat up the god drat Batman already

Remember when Micheal Keaton slept upside down like a bat in the 1989 film? I would like to punch Batman when he is like that so he could spin and flip around like a Gyro wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Keaton's Batman was undeniably the best because he correctly played Bruce Wayne like a freakin' twitchy weirdo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Keaton's Batman was undeniably the best because he correctly played Bruce Wayne like a freakin' twitchy weirdo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I had to ask my friend for help writing that post because I couldn't remember what a Gryo Wheel was called.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Does professor Xavier pay the xmen a salary or is it just a room and board kind of thing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This guy gets it

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Relax Or DIE posted:

Does professor Xavier pay the xmen a salary or is it just a room and board kind of thing

The teachers probably get a stipend.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Wouldn't doing that just move mario's mind into peach's body

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why does peachario walk like a toddler and followup question is mario a toddler with a mustache

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

cheetah7071 posted:

I could beat up a bat-sized man. I dunno about a man-sized bat

We're talking about beating up batman, not manbat.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
They are going to call him flat man because hey I just laid him flat out on the floor with one punch heh.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatman_(comics)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

My arm is like the bulletin board from Flat Stanley heh. Take that batman. Kids are going to mail you to their grandparents now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

michael keaton movie with a flat man in it something something beetlejuice

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
please add beetlejuice to the list of guys who say the eff word

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Been playing some more VC 4 and I am loving it so far. There has been some nice map variety and the two units that were added to the game, grenadiers and apcs are great additions to helping rounding out what you have to fight against and what you are capable of doing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hunt11 posted:

Been playing some more VC 4 and I am loving it so far. There has been some nice map variety and the two units that were added to the game, grenadiers and apcs are great additions to helping rounding out what you have to fight against and what you are capable of doing.

What platform are you on? I was thinking of getting the switch version, unless it runs like crap or something.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

This is the best one so far

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey hey hey it's

FiiiiiirstAidKite

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

What platform are you on? I was thinking of getting the switch version, unless it runs like crap or something.

I have been playing it on the PS4 and it seems to be running quite well. It does help from a graphical perspective that it hasn't changed that much since the first game.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Hunt11 posted:

I’d be all over it but I hear the AI hasn’t really been improved at all so I’m a bit on the fence. The AI in the first game was way too easy to exploit

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nina posted:

I’d be all over it but I hear the AI hasn’t really been improved at all so I’m a bit on the fence. The AI in the first game was way too easy to exploit

The AI isn't that much better, but if you are not careful it can catch you off guard.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Snooze Cruise posted:

They are going to call him flat man because hey I just laid him flat out on the floor with one punch heh.

there’s gonna be about two hundred hits: you hitting batman and batman hitting every stair step all the way down his bigass house.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

why does peachario walk like a toddler and followup question is mario a toddler with a mustache

She suddenly sprouted a dick. Gotta be disorienting.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
VC4 is really really good overall, but who the hell thought it would be okay to make one of the main characters into a massive creep

btw, i've been playing on Switch and haven't had any major performance issues at all. maybe the rain effects look rough but other than that, it's good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I should probably get me some Valkryie Stories 4

https://i.imgur.com/FOrg2uR.mp4

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

:xcom:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:five:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Saint Freak posted:

Why does she explode

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

PantsBandit posted:

Why does she explode

I assume it's something the reviewer added to that video.

Rad if not though.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

I was going to make a joke about the gun going through the guys head, but after taking another look I am not sure what happened.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So I've got to ask- are there any hardass motherfuckers like Jane in VC4? Don't wanna kill fantasy Nazis without not-BJ Blaskowicz at my side :colbert:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Hunt11 posted:

I was going to make a joke about the gun going through the guys head, but after taking another look I am not sure what happened.

I dunno it's from here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVjSVb1Mifk&t=336s

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

I'm pretty sure that the player got too close and the gun did indeed go through the guy's head so the bullets couldn't hit him.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

There's a very distinct difference between Mario the tiny troll man and Super Mario the slightly taller troll man. But yeah, Mario is a hobbit compared to the real humans of New Donk City.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why would you have an ability named "Undodgeable Shot - Never Miss" if it, in fact, can miss

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pride always comes before the fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why would you have an ability named "Undodgeable Shot - Never Miss" if it, in fact, can miss

It's player error. Undodgeable shot makes it so that all the bullets go right at the center of the crosshair but that person screwed it up.

I think, it's hard to tell without the lining up of the shot that preceded it.

Like the way the game works, there's nothing stopping a player to just aim at the sky or something and fire. If undodgeable shot triggers like that, it's not going to magically cause them to be aiming at a soldier. This is the same thing except the problem was they got way too close.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 27, 2018

• Locked thread