Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

How do I finish this quest that requires decrypting an exotic engram? Do I just have to find one and pick it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

How do I finish this quest that requires decrypting an exotic engram? Do I just have to find one and pick it up?

Lol that poo poo probably sucks now

I thought there was one from a quest though

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol that poo poo probably sucks now

I thought there was one from a quest though

all the exotics I’ve gotten from quests have been a pick 1 of 3 deal

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yes, I had a quest like that and it completed by just picking up an exotic engram

Coincidental I've found a bunch (4) of exotic engrams in the past two weeks. One dropped in gambit even.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
one time I got two exotics from a single game of gambit

it was like, graviton lance and some crappy y1 armour or something

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

i cant stop loling at this

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I believe xur's fated engram works for this, so just wait a day.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What quest asks you to decrypt an exotic engram?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

What quest asks you to decrypt an exotic engram?

really early in the start of the D2 base campaign iirc

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It's Strum.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

those are some good video editing skills

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

xzzy posted:

I GOT AN EXOTIC!!

https://i.imgur.com/gtBWLhX.gifv

:bungie: is back and it's the best ever. Except when it's not.

oh my god that emote combination. gently caress, that's good.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/usubs2y.gifv

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

I won D2

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Holy loly

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/taXaHxF.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

poor life choice posted:

oh my god that emote combination. gently caress, that's good.

I like offering chicken to my bros. Everyone loves chicken!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
So, first gambit match of the week.
Decided to try and grind for the gambit AR.

Load in, everybody is random, no clans on either team.

First round is great, we win by quite a margin.
team worked well, and worked nicely together (about time)

2nd round in, they came back with a vengance, bringing out their prime evil just before us.
They got the exalted prime evil or whatever it's called.
(For the sake of this story, we'll call it meatball.)

So, being a nice guy, I tell my team they've got the meatball, and being how RNG bullshit it is to find the thing, we should let them get it.
They all agree, I send a message letting the enemy team know.

The guy I messaged thanked me, a lot.

So we threw the round so they could get the Exotic quest.

Now here's where I get pissed, and you can probably tell what's coming.

Round 3. We summon our Prime evils at the same time.
Lo and behold; We got the meatball.

I immediately message the enemy team to let them know.

Nothing.

The enemy invades, emotes laughter, promptly Sleeper's us before we can fire a round back.

My team panic.

They got so panicked they fire ALL THEIR SLEEPER AMMO AT IT WHILE IT'S SHIELDED.

The enemy killed their prime evil, while ours was at 25% health.

New message

"HAHA gently caress YOU NOOBS!"

I guess I was Naive, or shooting ourselves in the foot.

But that's the story about how you should never trust guardians.

I am convinced we are the true bad guys, the traveller is evil.

Light is just white hot rage.

I hate you.

Hope you enjoyed my story of... frustration

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47270

- They're gonna create more sources for mw cores, and also rename them because they're used for more than just masterworking
- Exotics will still be rare but they will increase the chance to drop one you don't already own
- Next IB bounties will be slightly easier and all will drop Powerful gear
- Some stuff about the IB Power scaling
- The Malfeasence quest step Darkness in the Light allowing 6 players is a bug. They will fix it and warn that it can possibly crash from memory issues because it was made for 3 players
- A list of other bugs they are aware of

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Gambit has some poo poo.

Got into a match against a 4 stack and was teamed with 3 of them. The whole match was loving insane they way my team played and how they worried nothing about invasions so I messaged one of them, asking if they were throwing the game. Next thing, their guy on the other team starts invading just to kill and teabag me and of course my team was very much in on the antics.

Turns out they were scheming matchmaking to make the 100 motes by one person ish easier. Still. I wasn't having fun.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've never lost a gambit game Inc solo queing. You just have to really carry the load invading especially if their prime evil is up before yours.

If you're doing the lunas solo you should probably nut out the 10 games, kills, solar kills and headshot kills without worrying about your rank and lfg or find a team from there.

74% of it is just shooting and killing.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

RNGesus smiles this day

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

I've never lost a gambit game Inc solo queing. You just have to really carry the load invading especially if their prime evil is up before yours.
The first sentence speaks a lot to your skill. I mean I'd brag too but lol that's not super applicable to most. The second is entirely true. I prefer solo gambit but my only job is making sure I'm banking at every 5 and the first one at the portal to invade because we're not winning poo poo if I'm not making GBS threads on the other team directly.

BlindSite posted:

If you're doing the lunas solo you should probably nut out the 10 games, kills, solar kills and headshot kills without worrying about your rank and lfg or find a team from there.

74% of it is just shooting and killing.
Agreed.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 28, 2018

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
Having a hard time deciding on which new subclass to use for my Warlock.
The void one looks fun but im not digging the super, the solar one looks hella usefull, and the arc one has a laser and the mellee attack sounds cool.... Cant make up my mind, thoughts?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Tainted Ham posted:

The void one looks fun but im not digging the super, the solar one looks hella usefull, and the arc one has a laser and the mellee attack sounds cool.... Cant make up my mind, thoughts?

If you're a solo player relying on LFG, no team will ever say no to another support warlock.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Tainted Ham posted:

The laser one is very fun, the passive you unlock that makes enemies spawn little jolts of energy gets you back all your abilities crazy fast and helps out allies so it's a fun subclass for solo play and strikes/activites. If you're just starting the campaign and smashing through it on you're own I'd say get that one. You'll be able to get a second subclass very easily once you finish the campaign and then the third one will take a little bit more work so the solar support one makes a good second choice.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The new warlock void super is incredibly fun in the Crucible. If you don't get 4+ kills per activation, you're going out of your way not to!

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

Tainted Ham posted:

I dont have a warlock but how could you say no to lasers?

Edit: I applied the same logic to my Titan subcass. I picked the arc super because flying is great.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The new warlock void super is incredibly fun in the Crucible. If you don't get 4+ kills per activation, you're going out of your way not to!

i like to lol at the absurdity of blade barrage but man that sub class is some bullshit. the super is unkillable and they get an OHK grenade melee thing? its rad

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

The laser one is very fun, the passive you unlock that makes enemies spawn little jolts of energy gets you back all your abilities crazy fast and helps out allies so it's a fun subclass for solo play and strikes/activites. If you're just starting the campaign and smashing through it on you're own I'd say get that one. You'll be able to get a second subclass very easily once you finish the campaign and then the third one will take a little bit more work so the solar support one makes a good second choice.

Cool. Think ya sold me on that one.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What's crazy is that the grenade charge is actually the best part!!!! It owns!!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also it's weird how some of the new supers are incredibly well thought out and interesting and allow cool tactical play and counterplay, and then there's also blade barrage and teleporting voidlock

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also it's weird how some of the new supers are incredibly well thought out and interesting and allow cool tactical play and counterplay, and then there's also blade barrage and teleporting voidlock

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i like to lol at the absurdity of blade barrage but man that sub class is some bullshit. the super is unkillable and they get an OHK grenade melee thing? its rad

The only time I break from my calm, relaxed demeanor reason for my constantly anxious demeanor is when I pop Titan Hammers and then eat a OHK blade barrage that kills me before I can even toss one hammer

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

xzzy posted:

I GOT AN EXOTIC!!

https://i.imgur.com/gtBWLhX.gifv

:bungie: is back and it's the best ever. Except when it's not.
That Glimmer Full message reminds me: what the gently caress is glimmer even useful for now? I remember at some point when I used to play last year, there was a gunsmith on The Farm that sold weapons (I think for glimmer), but I went there last night and he wasn't there anymore. There's the gunsmith on The Traveler, but he doesn't sell weapons.

Is there even a place to buy weapons anymore? I just got back into playing this after a long absence so I don't know where everything is now haha

I've got like 62k glimmer and nothing to spend it on (that I know of).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That Glimmer Full message reminds me: what the gently caress is glimmer even useful for now? I remember at some point when I used to play last year, there was a gunsmith on The Farm that sold weapons (I think for glimmer), but I went there last night and he wasn't there anymore. There's the gunsmith on The Traveler, but he doesn't sell weapons.

Is there even a place to buy weapons anymore? I just got back into playing this after a long absence so I don't know where everything is now haha

Buy mats from spider, burn them on turnins on the planets, maybe get a masterwork core.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Load in, everybody is random, no clans on either team.

First round is great, we win by quite a margin.
team worked well, and worked nicely together (about time)

2nd round in, they came back with a vengance, bringing out their prime evil just before us.
They got the exalted prime evil or whatever it's called.
(For the sake of this story, we'll call it meatball.)

So, being a nice guy, I tell my team they've got the meatball, and being how RNG bullshit it is to find the thing, we should let them get it.
They all agree, I send a message letting the enemy team know.

The guy I messaged thanked me, a lot.

So we threw the round so they could get the Exotic quest.

Now here's where I get pissed, and you can probably tell what's coming.

Round 3. We summon our Prime evils at the same time.
Lo and behold; We got the meatball.

I immediately message the enemy team to let them know.

Nothing.

The enemy invades, emotes laughter, promptly Sleeper's us before we can fire a round back.

My team panic.

They got so panicked they fire ALL THEIR SLEEPER AMMO AT IT WHILE IT'S SHIELDED.

The enemy killed their prime evil, while ours was at 25% health.

New message

"HAHA gently caress YOU NOOBS!"

I guess I was Naive, or shooting ourselves in the foot.

But that's the story about how you should never trust guardians.

I am convinced we are the true bad guys, the traveller is evil.

Light is just white hot rage.

I hate you.

Hope you enjoyed my story of... frustration

Source your quotes

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The only time I break from my calm, relaxed demeanor reason for my constantly anxious demeanor is when I pop Titan Hammers and then eat a OHK blade barrage that kills me before I can even toss one hammer

They're saving you the embarrassment of crawling around on all fours meowing like a cat and trying to find the hammer you lost

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

They're saving you the embarrassment of crawling around on all fours meowing like a cat and trying to find the hammer you lost

If I stand up straight they'll see my b b b b boner!!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

At first I thought the hammer came back to you and you had to pick it up if you moved and it missed and I was like "Oh sweet I'm gonna be Thor" then I threw it and I could hear this weird farting noise coming from the direction of Earth orbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Mats at the reef from spider and raid banners from Petra