Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaB8xEik488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I loved that Ocelot was calm. This was him being himself at the place he considered home, which means that every time he acted crazy he was putting on an act, which cracks me up.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I keep forgetting to bring this up but y'know what's bullshit? They're rereleasing Steins;Gate for PS4 and Switch and that's not the thing I think is bullshit. It's a remastered version with scenes from the anime integrated in. Steins;Gate is my favorite VN so even though I'm not sure I'd actually ply through it again, I might have got it to support the game. HOWEVER the thing that is bullshit is that game also contains a Bonus game or rather I should say that the Switch Version gets a bonus game and the PS4 version gets a different bonus game. As far as I can tell there are no plans to offer the bonus games separately and the only way to play both of them is to buy the two copies of a $60 game, both of which will, at the very least, be 90% the same. This kind of thing sucks in general but this is the sort of bonus that would only really appeal to people that have already played the game so they aren't just trying to get fans to double dip, they're trying to get a triple dip all at once which is just loving greedy.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah I've been simmering over that one for like a month now, its confusing and frustrating, to me so I'll probably just buy neither

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tbf if it's anything like S;G 0 or the anime movie you're better off without it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

yeah I've been simmering over that one for like a month now, its confusing and frustrating, to me so I'll probably just buy neither

As I said, I loving love Steins;Gate, but same.

I know on the Switch Version (which is seemingly getting the better bonus game) at least the game will be a donwload code so hopefully that means that it will be sold separately and they just aren't saying anything because they want people to preorder

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Yeah honestly Peace Walker and MGSV are way more invested in Paz's character than they ever get credit for.

Those tapes, though. :smith:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the whole anime edition thing for steins;gate seems generally unnecessary in the first place when one of the vn's strengths over the anime is its art style

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I spent today getting drunk and falling in love with gacha pulls

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I spent today getting drunk and falling in love with gacha pulls
playing dragalia lost too huh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

playing dragalia lost too huh

yup

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it seems pretty cool so far, if totally mindless. it has a lot of personality and I'm loving that

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to go into the final battle in anime war. The final battle is like mission 4 so clearly this is going to go swimmingly.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
*Edit*

Beaten.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i found myself looking at the steam page for the remaster of The Ship and in 2016 someone decided they wanted the game permanently associated with the 2016 presidential election to the point that they memorialized it within literally every store front page screenshot and it's kind of incredible to look at now

anyway it somehow has a deader player base than the original game and that's a real accomplishment

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's pretty weird that the majority of Spider-Man 3 isn't even following the movie villains. So far I've spent all my time fighting the Lizard, Kraven and Moebius which is a bit less exciting. It's also really, really short. It scratches that superhero itch though so it's fine enough I suppose.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

did you purposefully mess up the QTE where the building blows up and that goblin lady says she's going to die?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody

I am awake but I wish I was not

I hope I can sleep again soon

I hope the rest of you are having a good day or morning or sleep or

Something

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rarity posted:

It's pretty weird that the majority of Spider-Man 3 isn't even following the movie villains. So far I've spent all my time fighting the Lizard, Kraven and Moebius which is a bit less exciting. It's also really, really short. It scratches that superhero itch though so it's fine enough I suppose.

Lots of videogame tie-ins are like that, in Spider-Man 2 I think you only run into Doc Ock two or three times (and he's a total chump both times, at that). Especially in the old 8/16-bit platformer days when the games typically had poo poo-all to do with the movie plot and the main villain usually only showed up as the final boss.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If there's one thing I don't miss it's lovely movie tie-ins

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They still have those they're just all lovely mobile games now since you can churn out some horrible crap in no time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know, fortunately I take zero notice of mobile gaming

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

al-azad posted:

Haven’t heard much about life is strange 2

I loved the first two games but the first episode of season 2 didn't grip me at all.

The characters aren't really all that interesting and the story has some really bad "Walking Dead the TV show" moments with outlandish stuff occurring just to get to the next beat.

Also, it has eyerollingly cackhanded political stuff in it.

I regret paying the €40 for the season pass and I bought the first game twice and pre-ordered the fancy edition of the second the minute it showed up on PSN.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Spider-Man was a fantastic game and I seriously enjoyed every gosh darned bit of it.

Pardon my language.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:yeah:

The setup for the inevitable sequel is pretty dope as well, and I'm glad they're doing something unique instead of the Cookie Cutter Spiderman Villain

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

The best thing about Quiet will forever be https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

All the model swaps are hilarious and great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7G7x6f9_mY

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bloodychill posted:

The best thing about Quiet will forever be https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

oh my loving god.

MGSV is the best game ever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

KH3 soundtrack has leaked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=120HFjKPuJ4

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

more like The White Dog..........

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Teleporting dogs, just like Dark Souls!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

All the model swaps are hilarious and great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7G7x6f9_mY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcyygfXIfzE

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Haha peach said swears

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

will mario or dante say the gently caress word first

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MechaSeinfeld posted:

did you purposefully mess up the QTE where the building blows up and that goblin lady says she's going to die?

It's not in the Wii version I don't think?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Poniard posted:

will mario or dante say the gently caress word first

Dante said gently caress in 2013

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Dante has not yet said gently caress

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm honest still kind of depressed Microsoft bought Ninja Theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, Hellblade was decent, everything else they've done has been mediocre to trash.
Sucks that they're gonna get whatever they work on cancelled halfway through and the company ruined though.

• Locked thread