Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe they'll get lucky and left to work on a game that'll never come out for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

axelblaze posted:

I'm honest still kind of depressed Microsoft bought Ninja Theory

I'm gonna wait to be depressed until they announce their next project. If it's something as out there and weird as Hellblade, then cool. If it's Halo Mappack 13, then :emo:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh, Hellblade was decent, everything else they've done has been mediocre to trash.
Sucks that they're gonna get whatever they work on cancelled halfway through and the company ruined though.

I've pretty much like everything I've played by then to some degree.:shrug: DmC and Enslaved had plot issues but that's really not a deal breaker in those cases for me

Maybe MS won't screw them over or completely waste them but I'm not hopeful.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If NT does show off a really cool-looking game though I hope it's available for PC too because I do not want to buy an X-Box Two.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

sounds good in ninja theory, doesnt work in ninja practice

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

If NT does show off a really cool-looking game though I hope it's available for PC too because I do not want to buy an X-Box Two.

Does MS even make console exclusives anymore?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think halo is still the only thing they keep tied to Xbox

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not anymore though though there's still a couple of things that came out before they changed policy that are Bone exclusive like Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

axelblaze posted:

Does MS even make console exclusives anymore?

I think Halo, Gears etc. are exclusive to the console but most of their in-house properties have really fallen off in notoriety since the last generation. Since they're showing some signs of life again maybe they'll attempt to make some of their killer apps platform exclusives in the next gen though, who knows.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gears is on PC.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

smellblade

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really need to stop reading stuff about Kavanaugh or I might literally break something and/or get into a fetal position that I an unable to get out of for the rest of my life.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

smellblade

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

axelblaze posted:

a fetal position that I an unable to get out of for the rest of my life.

Sounds like a healthy reaction to the year that is 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I don't even live in the US and following that stuff yesterday made me want to die

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

axelblaze posted:

That Sailor Moon picture is bad but getting actually mad about it is also pretty sad (not saying anyone here is mad).

can I ask why you think it’s bad

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it doesn't comply to my subjective sensibilities, ergo bad

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm really hoping the new Assassin's Creed is good since I didn't get a chance to play Origins and ancient Greece sounds like a great setting, but early impressions haven't filled me with confidence. Apparently it doesn't have the engaging story and characters of Origins and instead just has way more content.

Assassin's Creed 2 is still my favorite because I loved the characters and was invested in Ezio's story, I don't really come to these games because I'm dying for another Ubisoft Open-World :sigh:

Maybe I should just play Origins instead, I dunno.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

can I ask why you think it’s bad

It just seems more concerned with having a style than actually using that style for any purpose. I'm not objecting to drawing characters in way that does not look like them, but the characters just don't look that good. It's a picture more about the artists personality than the characters with no effort put forth to merge the two. It's in this uncomfortable middle ground where it's not quite far enough from source to be it's own thing but also too far for the style not to be the only noticeable part of the picture. It's also just sort of bland with only Usagi showing much personality and with the rest just sort of giving blank stares. Like, what is even happeing in this picture? Usagi is happy and the rest are mildly annoyed by this?

But overall it's just not a very pleasing or interesting style and man those are some badly drawn hands.

The clothes are nice though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

it doesn't comply to my subjective sensibilities, ergo bad

Are you posting something that applies to pretty much every negative opinion that has ever been posted like it's some sort of sick burn?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
probably

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

That fan art looks like it was wacky nose day at the guatemalan sex change clinic

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

McSpanky posted:

That fan art looks like it was wacky nose day at the guatemalan sex change clinic

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

PantsBandit posted:

I'm really hoping the new Assassin's Creed is good since I didn't get a chance to play Origins and ancient Greece sounds like a great setting, but early impressions haven't filled me with confidence. Apparently it doesn't have the engaging story and characters of Origins and instead just has way more content.

Assassin's Creed 2 is still my favorite because I loved the characters and was invested in Ezio's story, I don't really come to these games because I'm dying for another Ubisoft Open-World :sigh:

Maybe I should just play Origins instead, I dunno.

Two was cool cause you got to kick the pope.
Origins was awesome because Bayek had a heart of gold, that little quest where he dove off buildings for an ever increasing group of kids was fantastic.
Odyssey better not suck.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/1045576316739715072

Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go~
BANGARANG

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Samuringa posted:

It's hard to let it go~
BANGARANG

I still think monster Sora just looks like a dude in a fur-suit.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

one eyed blue donald looks like an iphone app logo that i can't remember the name of someone help me out

edit: this thing

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 28, 2018

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Samuringa posted:

It's hard to let it go~
BANGARANG

now I'm morbidly curious what a Simple and Clean/Bangarang mashup would sound like

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For those interested, the Soul Calibur VI Network Test goes up in about an hour and I believe will be up through the weekend.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Sora seems pretty casual about the rampant body modification he goes through traveling between worlds. He always has a positive attitude about being turned into a mermaid or an action figure or whatever when I think I would scream until I passed out the first time Disney took away my genitals.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

y-yeah I would hate being transformed into a sexy mermaid :sweatdrop:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Super Conch

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Very little media about someone being transformed into something really seems to focus all that much on how hosed up it would actually be to have your body be transformed.

My understanding was that that last terrible Fantastic Four movie really wanted to focus on the body horror and how hosed up it would actually be to get powers like that, but the studio loving hated it and cut the film into ribbons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PlayStation and Xbox both have Network Tests for SoulCalibur VI this week. They start at about 8am pacific time today.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
C'mon, literally 5 posts up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Odyssey better not suck since Bioware have completely dropped the ball in 'letting me be a lesbian in an RPG' stakes

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

loving wow

ebay rear end in a top hat relists an item i buy less than 24 hours after i buy it at half the price.

when i call him out on it, the only reply is oh gee, thanks for pointing out the typo.

then he changes the price on the new iteration to twice what i paid for it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hey everybody just popping in to let everyone know theres a Soul Calibur VI Beta Test kicking off in approx 30 minutes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

In Training posted:

Hey everybody just popping in to let everyone know theres a Soul Calibur VI Beta Test kicking off in approx 30 minutes.

But not on pc :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

he then sent me an email telling me about the soulcalibur VI network test, for whatever reason

• Locked thread