Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

this episode was so great...

I bet the tall dude had a huge dong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Dennis looks really weird and old but I think the reason at least I feel this way is because I was used to the stubble he had in AP Bio, he should do that or calm down his hair or something, doesn't look like a Golden God at all and I would call the cops if he complemented my dress tbh.

^^^^he did Mac saw it in the bathroom

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

moist turtleneck posted:

This episode is way better after the kavanaugh hearing

Yeah. And it's even better that they made this months ago. They are killing it this season imo

Ratjaculation posted:

this episode was so great...

I bet the tall dude had a huge dong

HUGE dude, I saw it in the bathroom!

e:fb

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So it seems the way they’ve worked the episodes around Glenn’s schedule is mainly bottle episodes like this weeks and the escape room one when he’s needed a lot, then episodes where he barely appears at most like the premiere and the Boggs episode. It’s working pretty well for me at the moment.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Michael Corleone posted:

Dennis looks really weird and old but I think the reason at least I feel this way is because I was used to the stubble he had in AP Bio, he should do that or calm down his hair or something, doesn't look like a Golden God at all and I would call the cops if he complemented my dress tbh.

^^^^he did Mac saw it in the bathroom

I think a big part of it is that Mac and Charlie both still look super young, possibly even younger than when the show started, I have no idea how that happened.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I like that after thinking for years about "what will happen when they find out Dee and Charlie slept together" it effectively amounts to "ohhhh Dee you bitch" and they move on as if it's business as usual.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was weird that they turned it into Dee raping Charlie and with Charlie saying he wanted her to stop.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Charlie got Dee'd

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cael posted:

I like that after thinking for years about "what will happen when they find out Dee and Charlie slept together" it effectively amounts to "ohhhh Dee you bitch" and they move on as if it's business as usual.
Did that happen this episode? I don't remember that at all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Did that happen this episode? I don't remember that at all.

Charlie talks about being molested and everyone goes to uncle Jack and then Charlie says no, he was molested by Dee.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I think Dennis was better as an implied possible/probable rapist rather than a definite crazy rapist.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

It was weird that they turned it into Dee raping Charlie and with Charlie saying he wanted her to stop.

It was sort of weird, especially when they easily could have referenced some of Dee's behavior as cited by the many dudes she banged that Mac & Charlie interviewed in Dee Gives Birth. I remember Ben the Soldier crying and saying that Dee insults him until he breaks down and has sex with her

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I think Dennis was better as an implied possible/probable rapist rather than a definite crazy rapist.
Yeah, they’ve taken him really far into “definite sex predator” which isn’t as funny as the unstated “implication” at all, but they made that jump awhile ago, so that’s basically just what it is at this point.

This episode was pretty good and funny, definitely the best of the season so far.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
How do we not have a gif yet of Dee bouncing in like a muppet chanting TIMESUPTIMESUPTIMESUP

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah this definitely felt the most like "classic" Always Sunny to me, though I also thought the premiere and the Boggs episode were both good. Dennis's absurdly bouffant bird hair is a little distracting this year, though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The show moves on. You can't do the same implied rapist joke over and over without the audience just assuming he is a rapist.

The only problem I have is that now that he's an obvious sadistic rapist no ones really reacting properly. Like he just admitted that he sends texts to himself from the girls phone to cover up him doing presumably awful poo poo to them, and this was after Dee discovered his inescapable room earlier in the season. The other characters definitely aren't on the same level as Dennis anymore.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Doltos posted:

The other characters definitely aren't on the same level as Dennis anymore.

So, what you're saying is that they need to up the ante?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Doltos posted:

The show moves on. You can't do the same implied rapist joke over and over without the audience just assuming he is a rapist.

The only problem I have is that now that he's an obvious sadistic rapist no ones really reacting properly. Like he just admitted that he sends texts to himself from the girls phone to cover up him doing presumably awful poo poo to them, and this was after Dee discovered his inescapable room earlier in the season. The other characters definitely aren't on the same level as Dennis anymore.

"The Gang Solves the Dennis Problem" would be a top-notch episode.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, what you're saying is that they need to up the ante?

Yeah the others need to catch up. Being an illiterate stalker, a closet homosexual, or a bird isn't on the same level as an actual serial rapist.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Doltos posted:

a closet homosexual

You mean a fully out beefcake?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Doltos posted:

Yeah the others need to catch up. Being an illiterate stalker, a closet homosexual, or a bird isn't on the same level as an actual serial rapist.

I've yet to see definitive proof that Dennis is a rapist. So far it's all just circumstantial hearsay. Are you sure you want to call him that? Accusations like this often raise a lot of dust on both sides, and it's sometimes best to keep yourself covered. If you really want to start this process, I will note it down but the accusation will stay in your permanent work record.

I am really sorry. I'm joking here, but,this vile garbage is stuff a HR department would actually say.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dee is low-key implied to be nearly as bad as Dennis, but she's a woman so no one really cared (until now)

Also chiming in to say this episode was great, definitely the best of the season. Dennis's guide to not getting caught out was a fantastic scene in particular.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I forgot but we got confirmation to the internet theory that the Night Man was Uncle Jack! Don't know if that was already confirmed by any of the actors though.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Doltos posted:

The only problem I have is that now that he's an obvious sadistic rapist no ones really reacting properly.

Yeah, it’s a little weird to have him admit to a crowd of strangers that he faked their consent with their phones and the crowd just groans and leaves.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

OldSenileGuy posted:

How do we not have a gif yet of Dee bouncing in like a muppet chanting TIMESUPTIMESUPTIMESUP

https://twitter.com/alwayssunny/status/1045131520321572865

Yeah, it’s a little weird to have him admit to a crowd of strangers that he faked their consent with their phones and the crowd just groans and leaves.

In fairness, you have to remember why those people were there in the first place.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't think Dennis is a rapist. He browses craigslist for women that are into weird poo poo and brings them back to his apartment. The escape room episode makes it clear that he wants their consent for whatever it is that he's doing. He knows that what he does is far from normal and that it if a woman were to claim he raped her, it would be very easy to use what he does to paint a picture that he does rape people.. He gets their consent but then also creepily texts from their phones to give the consent he already got to have a paper trail. Someone who just rapes people isn't going to become an expert on consent and sexual assault to ensure what he's doing technically isn't rape. It is all unethical and creepy as poo poo, but I get the feeling that he is ensuring that the women agree to what is happening.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Hell yeah brother

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also in that one episode he framed the dweeb when the gang found Dennis's head trophies

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think Dennis is a rapist. He browses craigslist for women that are into weird poo poo and brings them back to his apartment. The escape room episode makes it clear that he wants their consent for whatever it is that he's doing. He knows that what he does is far from normal and that it if a woman were to claim he raped her, it would be very easy to use what he does to paint a picture that he does rape people.. He gets their consent but then also creepily texts from their phones to give the consent he already got to have a paper trail. Someone who just rapes people isn't going to become an expert on consent and sexual assault to ensure what he's doing technically isn't rape. It is all unethical and creepy as poo poo, but I get the feeling that he is ensuring that the women agree to what is happening.

:eyepop:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cojawfee posted:

Welcome to the something awful forums, Senator Graham

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cojawfee posted:

On the other hand if you have to create separate levels of proof that the sex was consensual chances are you're a rapist

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Doltos posted:

On the other hand if you have to create separate levels of proof that the sex was consensual chances are you're a rapist

If he's getting consent, it's still consent. No matter how creepy his bondage facility is. There are plenty of people into weird poo poo that will be into whatever he's into.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cojawfee posted:

If he's getting consent, it's still consent. No matter how creepy his bondage facility is. There are plenty of people into weird poo poo that will be into whatever he's into.

I think it's heavily implied that the girls give 'consent' and then he does awful poo poo to them which makes them retract 'consent' and then he goes around that by fabricating evidence that they consented.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i think dennis' proclivities (aside from the content) are probably super vanilla, like missionary under the covers with the lights out. its entirely the lack of consent (and the fabrication of same afterwards) that gets him going

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cojawfee posted:

He all but outright stated that the consent texts were sent by him using their phones.

That’s not how consent works, dude.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He all but outright stated that the consent texts were sent by him using their phones.

That’s not how consent works, dude.

I know that, go re read my first post.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I get what you're saying that there's plenty of people out there who are willing to consent to whatever Dennis wants to do but it's heavily implied that he acts one way to get girls to like him then turns into a sadistic freak when they're alone.

I mean they're pretty much blatantly making him an actual rapist because this is IASIP we're talking about. They don't pull any punches with the gang. You can rationalize that maybe he's getting real consent from these girls but the writers would probably laugh at you and make an episode about the gang discovering Dennis' secret lair full of missing women.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I know that, go re read my first post.

I went back and re-read and it's still an incredibly circuitous chain of reasoning to ignore the fact that the climax of the episode was Dennis giving a lecture on how not to get caught raping by falsifying written consent

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

multijoe posted:

I went back and re-read and it's still an incredibly circuitous chain of reasoning to ignore the fact that the climax of the episode was Dennis giving a lecture on how not to get caught raping by falsifying written consent

allegedly, allegedly! That is clearly your biased claim and you have no evidence. I move that this and other posts itt be stricken from the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
*Bumps fist on table