Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

loving wow

ebay rear end in a top hat relists an item i buy less than 24 hours after i buy it at half the price.

when i call him out on it, the only reply is oh gee, thanks for pointing out the typo.

then he changes the price on the new iteration to twice what i paid for it.

Sounds like you got a deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Sakurazuka posted:

Odyssey better not suck since Bioware have completely dropped the ball in 'letting me be a lesbian in an RPG' stakes

From the sound of it Cassandra is a much more interesting and well-voiced character than the dude. It's just that neither of them has that much at stake since they're just mercs doing odd jobs on the outskirts of the Peloponessian War.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

axelblaze posted:

My understanding was that that last terrible Fantastic Four movie really wanted to focus on the body horror and how hosed up it would actually be to get powers like that, but the studio loving hated it and cut the film into ribbons.

wtf that would have owned

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hey guys, soul calibur 6 network test starts pretty soon, i think in about 30 minutes or so? what's weird is i know this for some reason despite not owning any consoles the network test is taking place on nor having any interest in soul calibur 6. don't know how i got that information, considering.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Also, there is a network test for sc6 today

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh it's still not October huh

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how does your stuff not just fall out of that hat

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

followup: is walking around with a big lumpy hat on your head cool

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

how does your stuff not just fall out of that hat

They're supposed to be held in place by the pressure of your neanderthal skull against the fabric.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SC6 servers are already up, search all regions.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sc6? never heard of it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

followup: is walking around with a big lumpy hat on your head cool

Buy a second hat to put over the lumpy first hat.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

sc6? never heard of it

Caliber? But I hardly knew her! :haw:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

restart steam

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

so is the escapist dead or what?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do they have anything other than the yahtzee guy

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Rex-Goliath posted:

They already let go most of their staff months ago, Yahtzee is the only one publishing videos currently.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rex-Goliath posted:

no don't worry they still have their journalistic integrity

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I liked how they never bothered to hire 1 developer to fix up their garbage website.

To this day I can't view any of their videos on a mobile device.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yahtzee is an utter cock but don't worry, extra credits left and only turned out to have an emotionally manipulative abusive rear end in a top hat as their writer

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

All the model swaps are hilarious and great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7G7x6f9_mY

I never saw this one and it is glorious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Phantasium posted:

loving wow

ebay rear end in a top hat relists an item i buy less than 24 hours after i buy it at half the price.

when i call him out on it, the only reply is oh gee, thanks for pointing out the typo.

then he changes the price on the new iteration to twice what i paid for it.

Nice, you won

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Colonel posted:

yahtzee is an utter cock but don't worry, extra credits left and only turned out to have an emotionally manipulative abusive rear end in a top hat as their writer

Gimme the juicy deets (details)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If only I did not have to go to work at this time, when the Soul Calibur 6 network test has started.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm really excited for the Soulcalibur VI Network Test.

chumbler posted:

If only I did not have to go to work at this time, when the Soul Calibur 6 network test has started.

:same:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

A friend of mine was making GBS threads on Maxi. Seems weird to me since SC is a series about weapons and nunchucks are objectively the #2 coolest weapon (right behind bladed nunchucks).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

a woman who worked on extra credits had to leave the show and she later said the reason she left is because she was in a relationship with the lead writer and when she didn't want to be with him anymore he basically snapped and shadowed her everywhere and specifically set stuff up so that she'd have to be in the same room as him and threatened to take away her job

this was a while ago so i might be getting a couple details wrong but basically the guy's a fuckhead

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

they should test the character creator too so we can make some sexy skeletons

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

LawfulWaffle posted:

Sora seems pretty casual about the rampant body modification he goes through traveling between worlds. He always has a positive attitude about being turned into a mermaid or an action figure or whatever when I think I would scream until I passed out the first time Disney took away my genitals.
Basically at some point the point is made that it isn't so much being transformed as a change in point of view, ie yeah sure the nature of the world here is that people are stop motion puppets so it's normal the crew would look like them, they just feel normal. Mermaid's an exception though. And in the PotC world in KH2 they actually notice the Roger Rabbit effect going on because they retained their usual shading model unlike people in the world so I'm kinda intrigued whether KH3 is even gonna explain why they adapt this time around.

Jay Rust posted:

Yahtzee's actually a bit nicer than he presents himself in ZP though it's still representative. Oh wait, you wanted them about the other guy.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I won’t look into it because life’s too short, but I bet Yahtzee has poo poo politics.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

A friend of mine was making GBS threads on Maxi. Seems weird to me since SC is a series about weapons and nunchucks are objectively the #2 coolest weapon (right behind bladed nunchucks).

Sorry but spears, giant swords, shields, and whip swords are cooler than any variations of nunchucks.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

there should be reverse mermaids

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i could definitely see yahtzee as a libertarian bitcoin enthusiast

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
What’s Soul Caliber? I only ask because a friend was just telling me there’s a network test for it today. I guess it’s not a big deal since no one here has mentioned it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

chumbler posted:

Sorry but spears, giant swords, shields, and whip swords are cooler than any variations of nunchucks.

Spears: long sticks with knives taped to the end. Pass.

Giant Swords: Like regular swords but heavier. I'm trying to fight, not work out. Pass.

Shields: Come on.

Whip Swords: Actually pretty dope, yeah.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yakuza 7 lookin good
https://twitter.com/blkhideto/status/1045286246233268224

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

bloodychill posted:

What’s Soul Caliber? I only ask because a friend was just telling me there’s a network test for it today. I guess it’s not a big deal since no one here has mentioned it.

soul caliber is a network test that judges the total power and quality of your soul. only the strong souls can survive and the rest are cast down into the Loser Zone

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

bloodychill posted:

A TALE OF SWORDS AND SOULS FROM THE AGE OF HISTORY ETERNALLY RETOLD TRANSCENDING HISTORY AND THE WORLD AND HISTORY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I miss Monster Factory :(

• Locked thread