Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Selachian posted:

I just got back from Iceland, and they love their pylsur -- lamb/beef/pork hot dogs which, when you order them "with everything," come with ketchup, mustard, remoulade, raw onions, and fried onions.

The most common chilean completo is the "italiano" (italian) which is just the hot dog with tomato, avocado and a shitton of mayo. I've seen people adding to that sauerkraut, onions, chili, ketchup and mustard. It is, after all, a completo (complete).

Adnor fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Selachian posted:

I just got back from Iceland, and they love their pylsur -- lamb/beef/pork hot dogs which, when you order them "with everything," come with ketchup, mustard, remoulade, raw onions, and fried onions.

Hi yes I need this in my face

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

All right, I'll readily grant that my South Dakotan-ness has likely made me an utter Philistine in regards to many food matters. What's this about ketchup being an invalid topping/condiment/icing for a hot dog?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ManiacClown posted:

All right, I'll readily grant that my South Dakotan-ness has likely made me an utter Philistine in regards to many food matters. What's this about ketchup being an invalid topping/condiment/icing for a hot dog?

its a thing for terminally online people to argue about faux-histrionically for their own amusement and nobody elses

like pineapple on pizza or whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Hot dogs are a topping for mac and cheese.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Galvanik posted:

Hot dogs are a topping for mac and cheese.

and french fries

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Alaois posted:

its a thing for terminally online people to argue about faux-histrionically for their own amusement and nobody elses

like pineapple on pizza or whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich

Hot Dogs are serious business in Chicago. It’s definitely a mustard only kind of place. Like a hot dog joint will have a list of all the usual ingredients available as toppings, with mustard leading the way. And then at the end, in the tiniest font “..and ketchup, I suppose. You Philistine”

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Hot dogs are gross. Brats are the way to go.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

MH Knights posted:

Hot dogs are gross. Brats are the way to go.

Polish sausage are also acceptable, if strictly inferior to bratwurst.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Alaois posted:

and french fries

And cheap college ramen

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

i would fly to iceland to eat this

You know you could just make this yourself? It's not like this is some complicated dish that can only be made with icelandic ingredients.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"Mustard and ketchup together? What mad genius came up with this?"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ManiacClown posted:

Ketchup is full of sugar, and it masks all the savory flavors in the hot dog.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Proteus Jones posted:

Hot Dogs are serious business in Chicago. It’s definitely a mustard only kind of place. Like a hot dog joint will have a list of all the usual ingredients available as toppings, with mustard leading the way. And then at the end, in the tiniest font “..and ketchup, I suppose. You Philistine”

Ketchup's okay if it's a kid ordering because they're still learning.

Though since we're discussing hot dogs and sausages, what's the opinion on using hot dog buns for sausage sandwiches? I prefer it because you don't fill up on bread so much.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ManiacClown posted:

(It's not really important, like many derails on this forum it's just an excuse for people to talk about how they prefer their food and how everyone else is wrong :ssh:)

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
Just grab three random bottles and squeeze them onto your hot dog.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

Kinda weird because here in Australia you only ever use tomato sauce as it's by far the norm and I've never actually seen anyone ever have any other topping. I had a hot dog with mustard on it once but only because I bought it from an 'American Hot Dog' stall.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alhazred posted:

"Mustard and ketchup together? What mad genius came up with this?"

Finally an end to the two jar grind.

JJ#6

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 28, 2018

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Adnor posted:

The most common chilean completo is the "italiano" (italian) which is just the hot dog with tomato, avocado and a shitton of mayo. I've seen people adding to that sauerkraut, onions, chili, ketchup and mustard. It is, after all, a completo (complete).

We make the best hot dogs.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Finally an end to the two jar grind.

JJ#6

You're a shark based out of New York.

Central Shark.

(You could have a feud with an LA-based MacArthur Shark, who is frightening in the dark)

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
I always hated hotdogs. My favorite flavors are bitter, sour, and savory. I was a kid and people assumed I wanted sugary catsup on them, consequently they were always gross to me. A coworker dragged me to Coney Island and I had one at Nathan's. Brown bitter mustard, sour sauerkraut, and a savory compressed unit of floor sweepings. Never looked back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MAYONNAISE IS THE ONE TRUE CONDIMENT

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

MAYONNAISE IS THE ONE TRUE CONDIMENT

White foods are, as a general rule, gross and not to be trusted.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Benly posted:

Just grab three random bottles and squeeze them onto your hot dog.

Ah, the Royal Gambit

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

prefect posted:

I feel like you're implying something here...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

Mayonnaise is gross. White cheeses are gross. If your meat turns white, you definitely shouldn't eat it. Milk sucks. Marshmallows are not terrible.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Diversity & Condiments

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

M_Sinistrari posted:

Ketchup's okay if it's a kid ordering because they're still learning.

Though since we're discussing hot dogs and sausages, what's the opinion on using hot dog buns for sausage sandwiches? I prefer it because you don't fill up on bread so much.
Why not ditch the hot dog bun and do something different instead:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

prefect posted:

Horseradish, garlic. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHITE CHEESE IS THE BEST CHEESE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We call it queso and it’s for dipping not topping

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Apologies to lurkers for all of this

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

prefect posted:

Mayonnaise is gross. White cheeses are gross. If your meat turns white, you definitely shouldn't eat it. Milk sucks. Marshmallows are not terrible.

The best salami usually has a thin but dense white mold on the casing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Actual, real and good parmesan is white. The best cheese.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

prefect posted:

Mayonnaise is gross.

Mayonnaise would be good if it didn't give me diarrhea.

Much like this conversation is doing to this thread. :downsrim:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

WHITE CHEESE IS THE BEST CHEESE

Wrong:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stop talking about food and post funny panels.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Got any funny panels ABOUT food?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

Got any funny panels ABOUT food?

Avengers #24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanZX
May 5, 2015

biracial bear for uncut posted:

That bit where the mom was talking about how he saved her son was loving heartbreaking though.

I just finished reading it and you're right, it was heartbreaking. I love Spider-Man and 310 is truly spectacular