Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has anyone else done a similar thing to the Three Faces of Foley? As in actually referencing their other gimmicks and going back to them as part of an angle.

Goldust did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How many times has Vince Russo done the "I am a serious wrestler and I don't need this gimmick that's ruining my life!" angle? I can recall Beaver Cleavage and twice with Goldust, but I'm sure there were more.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

you forgot hugh g rection

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I forgot all about Goldust. Was Jeff's thing Willow or did he have another gimmick?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Was the braun Alexa relationship thing in the mmc ever expounded upon during the main shows?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just a tiny bit in the lead-up to MITB.

They picked each other as their winner predictions and I think made faces at each other in that weird standing on a ladder Raw segment.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Smoking Crow posted:

you forgot hugh g rection

hugh morrus saying that this was no laughing matter and that his name was hugh rection was under russo

rection refusing his name and going back to hugh morrus in a shoot was post russo

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

exploded mummy posted:

hugh morrus saying that this was no laughing matter and that his name was hugh rection was under russo

rection refusing his name and going back to hugh morrus in a shoot was post russo

i meant the russo one

i forgot he went back to hugh morrus

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

remember when hugh morris was trying to tell a joke to some woman about his name and she thought he was trying to tell her about his dick and started hollering out to everyone that this man was sexually harassing her. then a few people in the video were like, "yeah i saw it" even though they were lying, and i guess the weirdest part was how it was a really common joke but no one around the area got it and he got some poo poo but then that woman got even more poo poo for it online and people started using it as a license to gently caress with her even though it was just an unfortunate mistake and is borne of that sort of thing being the norm and her just trying to stand up for herself. It was really weird. but i think that's why he got fired

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I thought it was for taping dudes' butt cheeks together

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No it was a big story online. he was saying "my name is hugh" and she kept on saying "huge what. huge what!" causing a scene but he didn't really even attempt to de-escalate the situation. he just kind of froze up and acted offended. it really made things much worse. be careful with your jokes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm not even sure I understand what the hell supposedly happened.

Everything I've heard is that he was sexually hazing trainees and too many of them spoke up about it publicly after leaving.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bill DeMott aka Hugh Morris is a wonderful man who has selflessly fought against being harassed and defamed. When presented with the opportunity to self-promote to 4 million people, he only asked that we donate to a woman's charity that helped get his daughter off the street. Now Bill needs our help. He is having a lot of health problems, he may have cancer, he had a hip replacement, his truck broke down, and he was been served an eviction notice. He is selfless and humble and I believe we should help him however we can.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has anyone else done a similar thing to the Three Faces of Foley? As in actually referencing their other gimmicks and going back to them as part of an angle.

Dasher Hatfield from Chikara, pretty much.

He originally showed up in 2007 as Create-a-Wrestler. He had no personality, wore a mask and had pants covered in question marks, hailing from "Wherever you want." This was part of an annual contest where the fans would come up with what gimmick he'd be created into. The first year he became Moscow the Communist Bovine, which was a funny novelty gimmick, but also near impossible for him to wrestle in what was a mascot costume with a red singlet over it. A year later, he became Ultimo Breakfast, which was him wearing an Ultimo Dragon costume with breakfast stuff on it. The mask was a toaster with toast acting as the fin. The only memorable thing to come out of that was a tag match where Sami Callahan randomly and loudly exclaimed, "YEAH, TOAST!" from the apron.

The third time they did it, his gimmick was Dasher Hatfield, an old-timey baseball player with a baseball mask. This ended up getting over, especially with Sugar Dunkerton as his tag partner, and fans didn't want him to go back to being Create-a-Wrestler anymore. They ended up doing some backstage skits where he'd keep showing up in different previous gimmicks until permanently ending up as Dasher.

He's referenced his past a few times here and there. Like how he has a t-shirt that is all four gimmicks doing the Abbey Road walk or how when they briefly had a rookie named Create-a-Wrestler II, Dasher took an interest in him and gave him a motivational talk after his first match.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’m assuming Christopher Daniels has turned into Curry Man mysteriously in a few angles

Not sure if it counts but for a while Delirious would have different personalities when he wore different colored outfits and masks but I don’t remember how many of them there were or what the personalities were born out of

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I’m assuming Christopher Daniels has turned into Curry Man mysteriously in a few angles

ROH announcers would joke about his true identity.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gavok posted:

Dasher Hatfield from Chikara, pretty much.

He originally showed up in 2007 as Create-a-Wrestler. He had no personality, wore a mask and had pants covered in question marks, hailing from "Wherever you want." This was part of an annual contest where the fans would come up with what gimmick he'd be created into. The first year he became Moscow the Communist Bovine, which was a funny novelty gimmick, but also near impossible for him to wrestle in what was a mascot costume with a red singlet over it. A year later, he became Ultimo Breakfast, which was him wearing an Ultimo Dragon costume with breakfast stuff on it. The mask was a toaster with toast acting as the fin. The only memorable thing to come out of that was a tag match where Sami Callahan randomly and loudly exclaimed, "YEAH, TOAST!" from the apron.

The third time they did it, his gimmick was Dasher Hatfield, an old-timey baseball player with a baseball mask. This ended up getting over, especially with Sugar Dunkerton as his tag partner, and fans didn't want him to go back to being Create-a-Wrestler anymore. They ended up doing some backstage skits where he'd keep showing up in different previous gimmicks until permanently ending up as Dasher.

He's referenced his past a few times here and there. Like how he has a t-shirt that is all four gimmicks doing the Abbey Road walk or how when they briefly had a rookie named Create-a-Wrestler II, Dasher took an interest in him and gave him a motivational talk after his first match.

This sounds amazing.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

Cavauro posted:

No it was a big story online. he was saying "my name is hugh" and she kept on saying "huge what. huge what!" causing a scene but he didn't really even attempt to de-escalate the situation. he just kind of froze up and acted offended. it really made things much worse. be careful with your jokes.

That was Hugh Mungus. Totally different guy

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Chikara really had something for a while there. Too bad it is run by a guy who thought killing all the momentum they had going for the sake of a dumb story was a good idea.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I remember falling on the floor laughing when I first watched the MosCow vs. U.S. Ape match on 240p youtube

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I think Shinya Hashimoto randomly went back to his old excursion gimmicks in either ZERO1 or HUSTLE but I don't think it was part of a feud, I think he just... did that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

remusclaw posted:

Chikara really had something for a while there. Too bad it is run by a guy who thought killing all the momentum they had going for the sake of a dumb story was a good idea.
In the process of mastering the Chikara Special #3 he contorted himself until he accidentally huffed his own farts. Never been the same.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I forgot all about Goldust. Was Jeff's thing Willow or did he have another gimmick?

Jeff kinda qualifies for the three faces thing. Willow, Itchweed and Brother Nero are all fairly distinct.

Laurel van Ness/Chelsea Green has started working her TNA gimmick into her indie stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Did he ever actually do Itchweed as anything but a weird joke between other things? I mean, I guess its a little similar to Dude Love in that way but Foley did like a whole Dude Love run.

But he did have Brother Nero, even though that was basically just Jeff with different contacts and less flips.

Although I suppose the whole thing still speaks to the Faces of Foley thing in Hardy playing characters that are still basically just wink, wink Hardy.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Speaking of Chikara and multiple identity wrestlers, my favorite version of Colt Cabana is probably Matt Classic. There was a King of Trios match he was in during the first year they brought in some Joshi talent where he just sold the hell out of that character.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfd8jgQbf1Y&t=19s

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 26, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gotta be honest, Colt's never done much for me in general but I loved Matt Classic.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's the "FULL body slam" bit that gets me in that clip.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Jeff kinda qualifies for the three faces thing. Willow, Itchweed and Brother Nero are all fairly distinct.

Itchweeed, three Es

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wait I thought Matt Clasic was Sami Zayn :thunk:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Gavok posted:

A year later, he became Ultimo Breakfast, which was him wearing an Ultimo Dragon costume with breakfast stuff on it. The mask was a toaster with toast acting as the fin.

I like the Dasher Hatfield gimmick but boy howdy but I loved this stupid Ultimo Breakfast gimmick.

Colt Cabana / Matt Classic / Officer whatever its called that he does for the juggalos

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

I like the Dasher Hatfield gimmick but boy howdy but I loved this stupid Ultimo Breakfast gimmick.

Colt Cabana / Matt Classic / Officer whatever its called that he does for the juggalos

It's just Officer Colt Cabana. Holy hell does that gimmick get heat.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Are there any moves that are done by only a small number of people due to the difficulty of the move? Ricochets 720 senton or Starship Pain are the only thing that jumps out of my brain but I'm sure there is some forbidden suplex only Master Masons know how to do or something.

I want to say Jeff Cobbs 'Tour of the Island' because goddamn that requires some strength.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Similarly to Muta, Hayabusa did this as Hayabusa/H/Darkness H.

Also his costume was dope as hell:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is Kouraken a wrestling specific venue? I was wondering if there were venues that only housed wrestling events/shows.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TV Zombie posted:

Is Kouraken a wrestling specific venue? I was wondering if there were venues that only housed wrestling events/shows.

Apparently it hosts boxing, kickboxing, MMA and something called lethwei!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

The Lutteroth family owns the buildings CMLL runs and they are mostly wrestling buildings. Arena Mexico used to hold boxing but I don't believe it does anymore. I don't think Puebla runs anything other than boxing. I hope Arena Roberto Paz holds more than wrestling since it's literally in an alley, but I have no clue if it does, I just see DTU running shows there.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

VJeff posted:

Apparently it hosts boxing, kickboxing, MMA and something called lethwei!

Lethwei is Burmese kickboxing according to google.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Does WWE still do "shoot ref counts" where it's up to the wrestlers to not forget the spots because the ref is going to count no matter what? If they don't, when did they stop?

I know it's been a while since that one ref got fired for following those rules as instructed and someone hosed up, ending a hot match super early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Does WWE still do "shoot ref counts" where it's up to the wrestlers to not forget the spots because the ref is going to count no matter what? If they don't, when did they stop?

I know it's been a while since that one ref got fired for following those rules as instructed and someone hosed up, ending a hot match super early

Mick Foley counted a 3 at Hell in a Cell because Roman forgot to kick out and they just kept going.

Dave says at WM34 during the main event, the ref was told "count the 3.", indicating Brock was going over.