Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I think they're teasing an earlier start date for the next DLC, not Holy Fury. But I could be wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Alikchi posted:

I think they're teasing an earlier start date

please god no.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I honestly think it's at least partially an anti-cheat-character function. I seem to have it happen really, really often when I make a bonkers OP character with Ruler Designer Unlocked, and I have never seen it outside of that; it might also trigger if your character naturally gets really bonkers OP.
I think there are some weighs for this kind of events even if you don't cheat or use Ruler Designer. When I get some OP ruler through eugenics and hermetic artifacts, I am pretty sure he/she will lose some good trait in next 5 minutes and then get depressed, sick, stressed and hit on head.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MaxieSatan posted:

please god no.

Just imagine those achievements tho!

Upon this rock I will build my church: As a stone age culture, found Christianity

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I honestly think it's at least partially an anti-cheat-character function. I seem to have it happen really, really often when I make a bonkers OP character with Ruler Designer Unlocked, and I have never seen it outside of that; it might also trigger if your character naturally gets really bonkers OP.

Didn't use ruler design this time as I was annoyed with the previous save and just kept Brian the ruler of Ireland. The only cheating I did was mass kill off the rulers of England, Scotland, and France to break up their empires a bit so they can't just gobble up all the land.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

One of the paradox devs shared this on the forums:

Hellenism incoming.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Maybe Hellenism can be one of the random faiths in the Random/Shattered world starts?

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Azhais posted:

Just imagine those achievements tho!

Upon this rock I will build my church: As a stone age culture, found Christianity

Once Vicky 3 comes out we can finally have a Big Bang (CK2/Imperator) > Big Crunch/New Big Bang (Stellaris) eternally recurring megacampaign

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't played this game in like 2 years I think, since my old computer broke. I'm gonna get back into it here in the next couple weeks tho. I'm getting the itch again.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izXVqwWmR78

I can't get this loving song out of my head

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I wouldn't be surprised if the random starts they're adding come with ancient religion options. They could also add a Hellenic start county to Charlemagne or the Viking age, easy.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Hellenism incoming.

Civilized indeed :agesilaus:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I checked the files and there doesn't appear to be anything of the sort. It's one of the random events you can get on the yearly pulse, and the code says

code:
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			has_game_rule = {
				name = supernatural_events
				value = off
			}
		}
		OR = {
			religion_group = christian
			any_realm_province = { any_neighbor_province = { owner = { religion_group = christian } } } 
		}
		is_nomadic = no
		NOT = { has_character_flag = chess_with_death }
		immortal = no
	}

is_triggered_only = yes

weight_multiplier = {
		days = 1
		modifier = {
			factor = 2
			OR = {
				any_realm_province = { disease = bubonic_plague }
				any_realm_province = { any_neighbor_province = { disease = bubonic_plague } }
			}
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			age = 70
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.4
			NOT = { health = 2 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.2
			NOT = { health = 4 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.3
			trait = gamer
		}
	}
So, you have to be settled mortal, and Christian or bordering one. It's more likely if the plague is afoot, if you're over 70, if you have low health, or if you're a gamer. That's it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Of course the kid of my wolf queen (who I named Lupus) turned out to be a cannibal with wolf blood who was also insane. Shame he got murdered shortly after I got control of him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Airspace posted:

So I have a couple of questions about merchant republics, having barely touched them outside of attempting to reproduce The Merchant of Venice, which comes to a screeching halt less than a day in game as the doge clicks on 'banish the Jewish' and my game comes to an end.

You know that Shylock isn't the merchant of Venice, right? That's Antonio.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Hellenism incoming.
Huh. Seems odd to tie "no penalties for raised levies" to "civilized" - that's usually something aggressive pagans get.

But yeah hellenism would make this the DLC to end all DLC.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

300 years after the game start...

England is now France and France is now the Papacy. :shrug:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I wish there was an option to turn off map names in exclaves, or maybe give them special adjectives like in EU4.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Jedit posted:

You know that Shylock isn't the merchant of Venice, right? That's Antonio.

Well, yes. Shylock does fall at the very end, though. Unless we find a Second Folio and it turns out we only have an early draft of the play. I work with the tools I have, though.

Then again, I suppose it's time to start learning how to mod events. An entire set of event chains loosely based off Shakespeare's stuff sounds pretty neat.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Airspace posted:

An entire set of event chains loosely based off Shakespeare's stuff sounds pretty neat.

If that's what you're interested in, keep playing as a Merchant Republic

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ivan Shitskin posted:

How the hell is that even possible! :catstare:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MaxieSatan posted:

Once Vicky 3 comes out we can finally have a Big Bang (CK2/Imperator) > Big Crunch/New Big Bang (Stellaris) eternally recurring megacampaign

Only if I can somehow import my King of Dragon Pass game into CK2.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My guess is that the Umayyads took the land and then the pope holy war'd his way through it, but it's anyone's guess how the pope managed to take all of Italy.

Probably not a coincidence that Holy Fury has events that can act as a hit squad for both the Umayyads and Byzantium, as well as pruning overactive inheritance of extraneous provinces.

Vengarr posted:

Only if I can somehow import my King of Dragon Pass game into CK2.

A Glorantha mod for CK2 would be neat, but that'd take a lot of custom events, and Glorantha's not the most mappy setting.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ivan Shitskin posted:

Byzantine Empire owning the whole Balkans basically, and expanding into Sweden = totally normal :sigh:

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

SlothfulCobra posted:

My guess is that the Umayyads took the land and then the pope holy war'd his way through it, but it's anyone's guess how the pope managed to take all of Italy.

Probably not a coincidence that Holy Fury has events that can act as a hit squad for both the Umayyads and Byzantium, as well as pruning overactive inheritance of extraneous provinces.

Yeah the Umayyads used to own pretty much all of continental western Europe, and were right at the gates of Rome at their height. I thought that the Catholics were doomed, crushed between the Muslims, Byzantines and Pagans, but they made a ridiculous comeback. A disfigured, syphilitic lunatic Pope managed to crusade and holy war a bunch of the territory back. I don't know how they got territory in Portugal though. Now Europe is a hilarious mess with Muslim enclaves everywhere, including a Muslim Paris surrounded by Catholics.

A couple of other interesting things that happened:
- Most of the merchant republics are gone. Venice was destroyed and turned into a Norse Pagan feudal county at one point. Now it's back to Catholic. The only surviving republic is Amalfi.
- Byzantines lost most of their territory in the Middle East, but they own land in both Norway and Sweden, and they've not only conquered Hungary and the Balkans but they've wiped out most of the cultures there and converted them all to Greek.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Overthrew the Normans in under fifty years and there is already an English county and Duke. on the south coast.

What's the fastest way to turn them back to Anglosaxon?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SlothfulCobra posted:

A Glorantha mod for CK2 would be neat, but that'd take a lot of custom events, and Glorantha's not the most mappy setting.

https://www.chaosium.com/the-guide-to-glorantha-slipcase-set/

Maps you say

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

Not just custom events, mind. I've considered what needs to be done for a Glorantha mod and, for one thing, the single most central part of the world and the most populous Orlanthi nation, Esrolia, is an Enatic merchant republic. And I mean it's pretty much 1:1 for vanilla merchant republic mechanics, except for the fact that it is purely Enatic and as far as I can recall, merchant republics are still the most hardcoded part of CK2.

And this is one of the most vanilla-friendly places I can think of. I have no idea how you would do something like Balazar, or, god forbid, the strange monstrosity that is the Lunar empire.

Disappointing egg
Jun 21, 2007

Hellenism confirmed: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-102-about-that-one-dead-religion.1121372/

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

There’s going to be a cheevo and I’m going to have to reform the Roma Empire again. gently caress.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Call me old fashioned, but I think you ought to get slightly more than 30 Piety for burning down the loving Vatican.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

This is so fan servicey, I love it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Sulphagnist posted:

This is so fan servicey, I love it.

Paradox are the best.

I admit, I really didn't care for Hellenism. But these features sound super cool, I will definitely try them.

Burning down the churches in Rome is also very appreciated. Both your natural capitals as the Roman Empire feel a bit hampered by the fact that they are either filled with cities (Constantinople) or churches (Rome), so this is nice.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Jesus Christ. Jupiter's cock. :getin:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
My devil worshiping King died from stress out of all things. Love how the message saying he wasn't a great man but probably in Heaven....even through he was the high priest for the Church of Satan!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Rirse posted:

My devil worshiping King died from stress out of all things. Love how the message saying he wasn't a great man but probably in Heaven....even through he was the high priest for the Church of Satan!

Gonna "fix some inconsistencies" in your family annals so that your fellow Christians don't look down on you!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
All right, that's enough hype,it's time for release.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

This does look pretty amazing.

The only thing I wish is that there was a game option to make the Christian-specific events fire for a player regardless of religion. It's a really easy mod to update every time a new version comes out, but I wish it was a built-in option.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crusader Kings II: When all else fails, I open my heart and put my faith in Kratos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Oh my goddddd come out already!!! It's gotta be this fall/winter, right?

• Locked thread