Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Gooey" and "scuzzy" were how we pronounced it back in my high school computer lab and everywhere else I can recall at least until 2005-ish. Is this a generational thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's how I always heard them pronounced as well.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

So did anyone end up liking season 2 of Legion?

Decisive eh.

It has the same problem as the first season, few standout parts here and there but on the whole it's just too slow, too inconsistent and too far up its own rear end. For all its ambition and promise it just misses the goal.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

less laughter posted:

The Good Place just pronounced gif as jif, cancel it immediately

Also filled with terrible "australian" accents. It is truly the bad place.

Surely there are enough actual australians living in LA that a casting director could hire at least three.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Bruceski posted:

"Gooey" and "scuzzy" were how we pronounced it back in my high school computer lab and everywhere else I can recall at least until 2005-ish. Is this a generational thing?

I’m genuinely confused as to any OTHER way to pronounce then. I work in IT now and everyone says them that way, both old and young.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Cael posted:

I’m genuinely confused as to any OTHER way to pronounce then. I work in IT now and everyone says them that way, both old and young.

By just saying the letters.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, I've worked in IT for close to 20 years at this point and I've never ever heard anyone pronounce GUI or SCSI by just saying the letters.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Bruceski posted:

Same. So how are they supposed to be pronounced then?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

Why would anyone ever do that?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Maybe it's an IT vs laymen thing? Laymen who don't use lingo with coworkers typically read it as Gee You Eye?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why would anyone ever do that?

Same reason we don't say Oosa, Seeya and Fibby?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 28, 2018

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

SouthLAnd and The Shield. I'm a big fan of The Unit as well (made by the Shield guys) but I know a lot of people didn't enjoy how half the plot focused on the wives, but I thought it was thoughtful and interesting. (Also the Linda Hunt episodes are the show actively taking the piss out of itself, and it's magnificent.)

Flashpoint? Is that any good?

Wasnt there a really good canadian swat show that had the team storming a columbine school shooting situation or something? forget the name.

my amazon pass is gathering dust. who has a new good show/movie on there worth watching.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm enjoying Jack Ryan.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

It's way more surreal and way less structured and I get the sense that most people didn't take to that. I loved it personally, overall I think it's better than the first season, but I can see why people weren't into it - it was much slower and more artsy and the choice they made with the main character in the last episode especially pissed off a lot of people, it seems.

I'm gonna put up Legion as one of my fav top 10 shows of the year, but even I can admit that this season had a lot more deeper valleys (and higher highs!) than S1.

It was just alot more jumbled and fly by the seat of the pants (which makes sense that they added an episode at the end of production) and way less of a cohesive, propulsive trip than S1, which started and ended perfectly.

^^^ I heard that was right wing apologia

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lycus posted:

Maybe it's an IT vs laymen thing? Laymen who don't use lingo with coworkers typically read it as Gee You Eye?

Same reason we don't say Oosa, Seeya and Fibby?

There was a very annoying trend a while ago of referring to Americans as usians

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shageletic posted:

^^^ I heard that was right wing apologia

Just in the sense that it doesn't portray CIA officers as right wing death squads and that Muslims are the bad guy. But the Russians are the bad guy next season so.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Jack Ryan character is a conservative wet dream and I'm sure Lindsey Graham has jerked off to him

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As long as you can tell the difference between reality and fiction I think you'll be ok

I was watching the Good Place s3 premiere and I had no idea what was going on and it turned out that I somehow just didn't watch the finale last year

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I watched three or four episodes of the Jack Ryan series and so,etching happened in each one that made me mad at the show so I stopped watching it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If right-wingers really liking stuff stopped me from watching them, I could never watch post-apoc movies.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lycus posted:

If right-wingers really liking stuff stopped me from watching them, I could never watch post-apoc movies.

Or Rocky IV

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mark Hamill isn't done playing a knight yet because he and his beard are joining Knightfall season 2.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shageletic posted:

Wasnt there a really good canadian swat show that had the team storming a columbine school shooting situation or something? forget the name.

Yes.

X-O posted:

If you can find the Canadian show 19-2 it's one of the best cop shows I've ever seen. I know for a fact the first two seasons are on the US iTunes store. I realize that's probably a steep blind buy but they're both great seasons.

This is only the first part of a 13 minute long one take shot that begins the episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UiVWn7T9Hk

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

less laughter posted:

The Good Place just pronounced gif as jif, cancel it immediately

Wrong, a self described trash bag pronounced gif as jif.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

How many negative points is that?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, you guys were talking about revisiting Happy Endings earlier?

Well, the creator of Happy Endings has a new show coming to Showtime. And unlike Marry Me, it doesn't look like a rehash of Happy Endings.

It...REALLY...doesn't look like a rehash of Happy Endings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KslyoAcF4PM

Those producers you see in the trailer directed the pilot.

Wikipedia posted:

Black Monday is described as taking the audience "back to October 19, 1987 – aka Black Monday, the worst stock market crash in Wall Street history. To this day, no one knows who caused it — until now. It’s the story of how a group of outsiders took on the blue-blood, old-boys club of Wall Street and ended up crashing the world’s largest financial system, a Lamborghini limousine, Don Henley’s birthday party and the glass ceiling."

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I barely recognized Paul Sheer with hair.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Lycus posted:

What?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

G. U. I.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

drunkill posted:

Pro click zone. This is mind blowing stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPlXlshA0Zc

It will air on the BBC on Remembrance Day.

Well, it won’t be showing in theaters anywhere in the US apparently. That blows. Guess I’ll have to watch it once it shows on BBC.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
30 seconds into Manifest and it's already incredibly dumb. It sounds like a Depends commercial

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

G. U. I.

yeah, gooey

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
[quote="EL BROMANCE" post="488399238"]
That's pretty common in the UK, in fact I don't think I've ever heard it said any other way

It's for sure a thing in Australia too. But that's how we do.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rocksicles posted:

It's for sure a thing in Australia too. But that's how we do.

Steal everything from the British? ;)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

Steal everything from the British? ;)

Hey you/us motherfuckers were handing out culture wholesale. Steal this, leave that.... mandem need words yo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

I like weird rear end TV. So I thought Legion was great along with Twin Peaks season 3.

This post is upsetting and offensive please ban this poster immediately thank you

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This Tim and Eric DVD has a blooper real. How do you have bloopers for that show? Oh no, he read the line really naturally, he didn't pause awkwardly and look scared!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wynonna Earp finale was awesome, Wynonna was smoking hot in leather pants. They even managed to throw a couple of f bombs in there. I sure hope it comes back, ended on a hell of a cliff hanger.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Wynonna Earp finale was awesome, Wynonna was smoking hot in leather pants. They even managed to throw a couple of f bombs in there. I sure hope it comes back, ended on a hell of a cliff hanger.

If Beau Smith is to be believed, they are getting two more seasons.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

If Beau Smith is to be believed, they are getting two more seasons.

More leather pants!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I mostly watch things on dvd because I'm not really into streaming (I will get the Disney one if and only if they pile all their classic animation onto it and I'm not holding my breath) so I haven't seen Wynonna Earp yet because it's not had UK dvd releases. I just checked and all three seasons so far are coming out before the end of the year; the first two seasons are out next week then the third is out in November. It's very strange.