Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I'm hanging in serious overchill for the next 45 minutes or so if anyone wants to play/ carry me to a victory.

Edit: back in it if anyones down

V for Vegans fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Playing on Switch is like Kramer fighting little kids in the youth karate class and I love it. I've won solo on the first day of the last two seasons.

If you're playing on a big boy console and not doing well I recommend becoming a Switch player. Also they fixed gyro aiming a while back and it's great.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm feeling like the Loot Lake Cabin is gunna move around this season. Hope the corruption starts spreading and messing up the areas they're near too. Sort of sad at there not being and massive upfront changes like last season to the map.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Seymour Buttz posted:

Playing on Switch is like Kramer fighting little kids in the youth karate class and I love it. I've won solo on the first day of the last two seasons.

If you're playing on a big boy console and not doing well I recommend becoming a Switch player. Also they fixed gyro aiming a while back and it's great.

Gyro aiming is fixed? Nice, I've been playing with it disabled forever. Any idea what the sweet spot might be for the settings?

Switch players slowly getting better tho, or else it's just I'm always in predominantly Xbox cross play servers. Seems like I run into at least 2 or 3 sweaty build battles every squad match.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Switch players have definitely improved for the most part. I don’t notice much of a difference anymore playing in Switch only servers vs. playing with my Xbox bros.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The new riot shield husks are pretty neat. Was less annoying that the big shielders but still something to play around. Also you can shoot them through the view slot in the shield (or just ignore the shield and use a neon sniper or obliterator to kill them directly).

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Raposa posted:

Gyro aiming is fixed? Nice, I've been playing with it disabled forever. Any idea what the sweet spot might be for the settings?

Switch players slowly getting better tho, or else it's just I'm always in predominantly Xbox cross play servers. Seems like I run into at least 2 or 3 sweaty build battles every squad match.

Yeah, gyro was rough when it first came out but it was usable. Then they completely hosed it up in multiple ways and made it pretty much unusable for most people.

Now they've added separate inversion settings for gyro, you can choose if your x-axis works on the roll or yaw, they've smoothed it out so it doesn't snap around, and they've removed the annoying deadzone so you don't overcompensate and gently caress up your aim.

Seymour Buttz fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 28, 2018

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I swear traps don't make noise anymore.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm feeling like the Loot Lake Cabin is gunna move around this season.

Anecdote: During a Playground today, the animated map marker for the floating island appeared over the southeastern part of Salty. A bug for sure, but a bug that leaks a hint?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Rexxed posted:

The new riot shield husks are pretty neat. Was less annoying that the big shielders but still something to play around. Also you can shoot them through the view slot in the shield (or just ignore the shield and use a neon sniper or obliterator to kill them directly).

I nade them so they get knocked down, then shoot the last bit of health. The grenade does have to explode behind them though, their shield blocks the blast.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I haven't played 6 yet, but I'm off today and this weekend so I'll get some time in.

I like the idea of a floating island, but think that floating islands would be better :getin:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

McGlockenshire posted:

Anecdote: During a Playground today, the animated map marker for the floating island appeared over the southeastern part of Salty. A bug for sure, but a bug that leaks a hint?

I consider it a spoiler. Is too easy to make the isle just a change in a big bitmap. if it can show in other places, they have taken the effort to make it a different bitmap. So the probability of a bug is small. Possible, but doubtful. This isle is going to move around.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Well that ain't right

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Huge missed opportunity to change your emblem to something phallic imo, but at least you floss while you fortnite.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I got in and played a few matches, achieving my 2 smg kill goal before pulling out my sawed-off :evilbuddy:

I will have to adjust to the Heads being gone, that totally screwed up my West Side routine.

Are there still rifts on the map?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

There are still rifts. My desert archway->chest village south->oasis/transport truck @ west end of desert road rift->circle is still intact.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 28, 2018

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
The durrburger head outside of Pleasant is still there and has rifts as well.
I'm going to miss those tiki heads though.

I also want to say that you can run through the cornfields at Fatal Fields now and it's like a giant bush. If you want up to the edge and then zoom in with a gun you can stand in the corn and shoot out. I had so much fun last night landing there in a 50v50 when it was on the enemy team's side and shooting at people. I think I had a dozen or so trying to hunt me down. I even had time to use a medkit in the middle. They eventually got me but it took a lot of them and long enough that the storm was there shortly after.

Nullsmack fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 28, 2018

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

any of you guys got any good stories about making impromptu truces with other players in solo?

i just had a match where me and another dude landed right on top of one of the streetlamp spotlights and just grooved together for a bit, until some rudelord ruined it by shooting at us. we both ran for cover, and I was able to grab a weapon and deal with the jerk. When I was finished with him, I looked up to see my dance partner waiting. He dropped a medkit in front of him so I could heal myself back up to full. :unsmith:

I saluted and then we ran our separate ways... we may never know each other's names, but we'll always have a single shining moment of dancing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

dmboogie posted:

any of you guys got any good stories about making impromptu truces with other players in solo?

i just had a match where me and another dude landed right on top of one of the streetlamp spotlights and just grooved together for a bit, until some rudelord ruined it by shooting at us. we both ran for cover, and I was able to grab a weapon and deal with the jerk. When I was finished with him, I looked up to see my dance partner waiting. He dropped a medkit in front of him so I could heal myself back up to full. :unsmith:

I saluted and then we ran our separate ways... we may never know each other's names, but we'll always have a single shining moment of dancing

I kill everyone

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

I kill everyone

rude but fair

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

dmboogie posted:

Replays show everything, even if they had streamer mode on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just got my first ever solo victory! :toot: So excited right now. I worked so hard to get good at the time and came so close for months, and finally just got my victory.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Nullsmack posted:

Replays show everything, even if they had streamer mode on.

oh no, my sentimentality

legit forgot this feature existed tho so ty

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The ultimate stealth game.

https://streamable.com/jweto

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

wa27 posted:

I thought that the DJ Llama not seeing you was understandable. I cannot for the life of me fathom how that second squad didn't see you.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I haven’t played for like a week because of bad internet: What was mystery unlock from doing every single week of battlepass challenges last season?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

wa27 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRGCaIg_NT4

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I haven’t played for like a week because of bad internet: What was mystery unlock from doing every single week of battlepass challenges last season?

nevermind i looked it up and it turned out to be that Enforcer skin. :geno:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lube Enthusiast posted:

nevermind i looked it up and it turned out to be that Enforcer skin. :geno:

nah enforcer was 7 or 8 out of 10, going beyond that got you a tribal tomato head banner and a sticker I believe.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

nah enforcer was 7 or 8 out of 10, going beyond that got you a tribal tomato head banner and a sticker I believe.

Those were the banners for weeks 8/9 yeah but who cares about that, main even was Enforcer and it looks like a green skin lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think they really kind of dropped the ball with the whole "metaplot" last season. The enforcer was lame and seems like he was pulled out of thin air, meanwhile the Visitor was like a key mystery of season 4 and also kicked off season 5 by launching the rocket.

edit: also disappointment that Drift's roadtrip like..Didn't lead up to any event or anything. The cube just kind of came out of nowhere and did its thing completely separate from anything in the season.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 29, 2018

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think they really kind of dropped the ball with the whole "metaplot" last season. The enforcer was lame and seems like he was pulled out of thin air, meanwhile the Visitor was like a key mystery of season 4 and also kicked off season 5 by launching the rocket.

edit: also disappointment that Drift's roadtrip like..Didn't lead up to any event or anything. The cube just kind of came out of nowhere and did its thing completely separate from anything in the season.

The 'story' aspect was meh and yeah there wasn't the wow factor of the launch or meteors (for those who actually were on during them) but I appreciated the small tweaks and changes to the map. They weren't telling as much of a story as s4 yeah, but they kept the map fresh in my mind.
Enforcer was utterly meh though, you're right. Technically was a purple or gold skin though based on their metric of how original vs recycled assets. Like even though he looked generic he wasn't just a recolor of a base skin or slight tweak to one.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 29, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Agreed, I’ve been around since late season 2 and this was by far the lamest one yet, in terms of season “lore”.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
https://streamable.com/zys64

I need to remember to take my minis and have traps selected when I go for a trap kill. Probably also need to remember not to go for trap kills when 1 bullet from literally any gun would killed me.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I tried to get a trap kill yday when my team was down to "hide and last as long as possible" numbers. I killed the first guy to search a house I was in, left him to bleed for a few seconds, then finished him off and set it up in the garage. The next person to come in knocked me down and I tried to crawl out from the garage door, hoping they would run in to finish me off, however they shot me from the doorway and didn't go in to get my stuff, they must have been able to see it or read the situation :(

Better luck next time.

Edit: Were there any tweaks to what counts for gliding? I tried jumping down a couple cliff sides and my glide option didn't appear and I ended up killing myself. It hasn't happened to me since I started playing the game.

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Sep 29, 2018

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Y'know, I had the exact same thing happen the other day. I suspect there's something funky with particularly slope-y cliffs where the game never realizes you're in open air because you're technically maintaining a reasonable height above some small fraction of terrain.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Same thing happened to me yeah. Seems like you have to hop off something destructible to redeploy your glider since the patch.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
The new floating island is a pretty fun place to drop to. Great way to be able to drop on someone once you clear it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Bakers Cousin posted:

The new floating island is a pretty fun place to drop to. Great way to be able to drop on someone once you clear it.

You can also use it to get to literally any point on the map by shooting Kevin shortly before jumping into vortex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

by shooting Kevin

wat

Wasn't on last night, daily is top 12 in squads. I actually got down to last 5 by myself with dont fill on a couple times the other day, but I'll fill this time. Immediately get 2 children, umbilical cords still attached, who of course dont shut up.

Tell me about your building controls on PC. And is there any sensible way to do voice chat when using speakers that doesn't make my team thirst for my blood?

codo27 fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 30, 2018