Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Whoever made her do the leprechaun gimmick better find a place to hide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1044755330238803973

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Well that and drugs and domestic abuse

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/1045102558224797696

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Hahah holy poo poo, pro click.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

J-Ro posted:

Hahah holy poo poo, pro click.
the moment’s pause really sells it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Trying to do the Kevin Nash entrance when you aren't tall enough to touch the mat with more than a toe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pro click

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1045361420429381632

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is he talking about this forum?

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

He should probably quit then.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Your Parents posted:

He should probably quit then.

Ah yes, because that's really easy to do, just ask Neville.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

forkboy84 posted:

Ah yes, because that's really easy to do, just ask Neville.
Neville tried to quit in the worst possible way. I'm sure WWE would have still tried to keep him off screen for a while if he tried approaching the situation better, but not to the extent that he's dealing with now.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

ijii posted:

Neville tried to quit in the worst possible way. I'm sure WWE would have still tried to keep him off screen for a while if he tried approaching the situation better, but not to the extent that he's dealing with now.

Oh def, just ask Rey Mysterio

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE isn't going to cooperate with you at all if you're going to try and leave and make money for someone else, it doesn't matter loving at all how you approach it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

VJeff posted:

WWE isn't going to cooperate with you at all if you're going to try and leave and make money for someone else, it doesn't matter loving at all how you approach it.

and yet they're independent contractors still? Funny, that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ijii posted:

Management had all the power and control in that situation. Like, it sucks for them that Neville decided to just walk but they're supposed to be independent contractors. Neville leaving was not going to destroy the business and probably wouldn't even put them out a damaging amount of money. Freezing his contract was just petty.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

harperdc posted:

Yeah, it's basically criminal.

Remember when there was gonna be a union and Hogan was a rat?

Remember how thirty years later he was going on about "the brotherhood of wrestling" about the guys that called out his lovely apology?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

harperdc posted:

I still wonder what could happen that would make WWE burn for this

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

I still wonder what could happen that would make WWE burn for this

The complete and utter eradication of capitalism, comrade.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

harperdc posted:

Has anyone ever challenged WWE in court over this?

IE they tried to walk like Neville, have WWE stop them, and then challenge the WWE in court over the fact that an independent contractor should be able to quit and walk whenever they like.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

BrigadierSensible posted:

IE they tried to walk like Neville, have WWE stop them, and then challenge the WWE in court over the fact that an independent contractor should be able to quit and walk whenever they like.

not the exact same circumstances, but Brock did, and renamed the F5 as The Verdict when he worked NJPW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If instead of passively aggressively tweeting he just tweeted about how lovely Vince being boys with Trump is, how the Ultimate Warrior was a white supremacist, etc etc they'd fire him lickedy split. He even had a great opening to tweet about Vince's past as a sexual predator.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

If instead of passively aggressively tweeting he just tweeted about how lovely Vince being boys with Trump is, how the Ultimate Warrior was a white supremacist, etc etc they'd fire him lickedy split. He even had a great opening to tweet about Vince's past as a sexual predator.

Sami can't send the lawyer's invoice to Colt Cabana tho.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Kinda makes you wonder why Neville didn't just do that.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

Kinda makes you wonder why Neville didn't just do that.

his last tweet was him calling the new neville t-shirt a lazy lovely design

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/lewishowse91/status/1045236834287136768

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Would they though? I mean AJ Lee literally called out her boss on Twitter for paying women substantially less in a downside guarantee and in merch royalties at a time when they were desperate to pitch Stephanie as having discovered women in wrestling as a concept.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1045599118884831232?s=19

They deleted it lol

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 28, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was deleted and i dont have a screenshot but johnny gargano tweeted "i hate having to take all my clothes off to fart ugh!"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

go to bed cav

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i sleep On the floor and something went in my ear last night and keeps on making noise when i am trying to go back to sleep. it doesn't vibrate when sitting up or standing

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Cavauro posted:

i sleep On the floor and something went in my ear last night and keeps on making noise when i am trying to go back to sleep. it doesn't vibrate when sitting up or standing

no you have to lie down. the vibrating is the thing trying to escape. it stops moving when you're sitting up because the movement is scaring it. you have to relax and lie down and it will leave of its own accord.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ok I'm going to sleep for 1 more hour and it might be gone after

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There was a case recently I believe with a fired UFC fighter who claimed they were an employee and thus due some kind of severance, and it was thrown out completely. WWE has an even tighter leash on their "independent contractors" than UFC but even so, that case probably sets a pretty useful precedent for them (or at least will scare off wrestlers from trying anything).

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

There was a case recently I believe with a fired UFC fighter who claimed they were an employee and thus due some kind of severance, and it was thrown out completely. WWE has an even tighter leash on their "independent contractors" than UFC but even so, that case probably sets a pretty useful precedent for them (or at least will scare off wrestlers from trying anything).
the verdict came out in favour of UFC this week. In a complete coincidence that would have had zero bearing on the result, Dana had a fun afternoon meeting Trump a couple of weeks ago

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want to retweet the friday tweet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Charge your phone George W Bushi!!!! :mad:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Raven, Mike Sanders, and a couple other ex WWE employees challenged the independent contractor thing and lost unfortunately.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Raven, Mike Sanders, and a couple other ex WWE employees challenged the independent contractor thing and lost unfortunately.

It was thrown out due to time limits if I remember right. Someone currently on the roster could still challenge it.

Although with the US legal system of "Yes it's illegal, but a rich man was doing it, so it's okay" I'd bet against it without serious Union backing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Their argument was baseless because they couldn't prove their injuries were directly because of working for WWE and not other companies.