Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
On the other hand you would hear stories like how he thought a Mickey Mouse doll grabbed his arm when he was a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't think it's gonna be tournament style, I think they're just doing a theme month like Rockdoughberfest.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I've never gotten the hot food from a grocery store, am I missin' out?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

caligulamprey posted:

I've never gotten the hot food from a grocery store, am I missin' out?

Possibly, depending on your standards! I did the Whole Foods hot bar for the first time earlier this summer, while on a work trip where I was staying in a hotel surrounded by restaurants that all seemingly closed at 6 PM. Overall, it was pretty good! I did Chinese one night and pizza slices/salad the next. Fresh, filling, and ran me about $10 for a little over a pound of food. Not something I would go out of my way for regularly, but if in a situation where it's convenient it's a solid bet.

Also, about a month ago I noticed that my local regular-rear end grocery store does a hot wings bar from 11-2 and 4-8. The wings are freakin' huge, they're always fresh as hell, and they have a good variety of sauces/rubs. Even if I'm popping in after work just for a gallon of milk or whatever, I'll grab 3 or 4 as a snack.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Whole Foods pizza is drat good

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Depends. My work is right next door to a Marianos (regional grocery chain owned by Roundys) and they have a hot and cold bar. At first it was good but I've eaten it so much I am really sick of it now. It's not the best quality or variation but for a work lunch it'll do the trick.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Trader Joes absolutely should be allowed (because it should and will win), Nicks argument doesn't really make a lot of sense because TJs has a bunch of pre-prepared to go items in the cold section as well as all their pre-prepared frozen stuff.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

What is a grocery store hot bar? Like, the rotisserie chicken?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grapplejack posted:

What is a grocery store hot bar? Like, the rotisserie chicken?

places like Whole Foods, etc have what are essentially buffet stations with various things where you pay by the pound

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

cams posted:

god, working with mitch would be such loving hell

love the show but yeah he'd be awful to work with

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/1043298357672693762

more threedom?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

its just on stitcher right now, i think they mean when it will be coming out from behind the paywall

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
You know I couldn’t really imagine what a Cum Santa would look like but that is, in fact, a Cum Santa

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Greggy posted:

its just on stitcher right now, i think they mean when it will be coming out from behind the paywall
oh yeah, i just saw lapkus' tweet about this. bummer.

and also this is the doughboys thread but who cares it's all the same poo poo

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Naw, bet it's just it being on paywall-free Earwolf.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Wow, can't believe Headgum is backing Season 4 of Hannibal

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Darcy Carden was a great guest, really solid episode

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
lol, Mitch's insistence that they rank pho, ramen and soup is insane and his incredulity that Wigers rightfully confused how that is supposed to work as the first two are subsets of the 3rd.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

D'Arcy is a joy and I'm super hyped for The Good Place coming back.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Popete posted:

lol, Mitch's insistence that they rank pho, ramen and soup is insane and his incredulity that Wigers rightfully confused how that is supposed to work as the first two are subsets of the 3rd.

Rank these: Cheddar, Brie, Cheese, Food

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Mitch absolutely losing his poo poo when Wiger suggests that they should move Alexa off the table was so loving weird and hilarious

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Dr.Radical posted:

Mitch absolutely losing his poo poo when Wiger suggests that they should move Alexa off the table was so loving weird and hilarious

lets face it -- the man is insane

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Dr.Radical posted:

I'd always assumed it was just somewhere in the room, not on the table where they record the show. Mitch being ordinary insulted by Winger's reasonable suggestions are seriously amazing.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mitch's insecurity is endlessly fascinating to me. His need to take Wiger down at every possible opportunity is detestable but hilarious. He really strikes me as a toxic individual who needs some therapy, but I'm so entertained by their dynamic that I don't actually want anything to change.

I also love/hate how giddy he gets every time one of his opinions get validated by someone else (e.g., the thing with the green tea ice cream) and how distraught he gets when someone sides with Wiger. He desperately NEEDS everyone on his side when he disagrees with Wiger. Meanwhile, Wiger is 100% content to be the odd man out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I'd always assumed it was just somewhere in the room, not on the table where they record the show. Mitch being ordinary insulted by Winger's reasonable suggestions are seriously amazing.

They mentioned its position on the table a few times in the Johnny Rockets episode, because Mitch kept getting distracted by things scrolling across the screen (at one point making him very angry about Yoda's age.)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I do love that Mitch's brain's first reaction to almost anything is immediate anger, but it'll probably wear me out eventually

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

I do love that Mitch's brain's first reaction to almost anything is immediate anger, but it'll probably wear me out eventually

What?! This is insane! You’re insane!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It seems like they have a good relationship outside of the pod, I think a lot of it is just because they know the audience enjoys it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yall psychoanalyzing Mitch every week based on his obvious joke reactions is giving me a brain aneurysm

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

NienNunb posted:

Yall psychoanalyzing Mitch every week based on his obvious joke reactions is giving me a brain aneurysm

What the gently caress!? Are you saying it's a bit!? gently caress you!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I seriously think Scott is being a petulant child about people wanting to go to the post office, like what kind of psycho would freak out like that every week

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

It's nice how people think Mitch has the intelligence and the acting chops to pull off such a charade week after week. The poor guy needs some people who believe in him like that.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The thing to remember about any podcast is that if literally anyone on earth recorded hundreds of hours of themselves talking unscripted, there will be enough material to make you think they're a lunatic.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Especially if you're legit crazy. Like Mike Mitchell.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I mean yeah, one of the many joys of Doughboys is that Wiger initially seems like the weird one, but Mitch is ultimately way stranger.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

Mitch's insecurity is endlessly fascinating to me. His need to take Wiger down at every possible opportunity is detestable but hilarious. He really strikes me as a toxic individual who needs some therapy, but I'm so entertained by their dynamic that I don't actually want anything to change.

I also love/hate how giddy he gets every time one of his opinions get validated by someone else (e.g., the thing with the green tea ice cream) and how distraught he gets when someone sides with Wiger. He desperately NEEDS everyone on his side when he disagrees with Wiger. Meanwhile, Wiger is 100% content to be the odd man out.

They're comedians and friends of 10+ years who are doing a bit where they play up their odd characteristics and the little things that annoy each other. It's fun and funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm genuinely surprised I haven't seen any "does Mitch have split personality disorder" discourse in this thread regarding Mitch's Season One Homer impression