Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

The new spider-man movie is gorgeously animated and I'm excited for both Miles in a starring role and an old weary Peter and SPIDER GWEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.j-cast.com/2018/09/25339499.html?p=all

quote:

そこでJ-CASTニュースは25日昼、任天堂の広報担当者に今回のクッパ姫ブームについてコメントを求めたが、

quote:

「インターネット上の書き込みなどに関しては、コメントは控えさせていただきます」
とのことだった。

Some guys in Japan, from a website called J-Cast, spoke to a Nintendo Spokesperson RE:Bowsette

"No comment"

Bless :allears:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I know I'm late saying this (especially because I bought the game on launch) but man the swinging in the new Spider-Man is good. Like at first it just seemed as good as SM2 but there is so much nuance to it that can just feel amazing. It's automatic in the right places and jank doesn't rear it's head as often as you'd expect. Might literally be some of the best traversal in gaming

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Some guys in Japan, from a website called J-Cast, spoke to a Nintendo Spokesperson RE:Bowsette

"No comment"

Bless :allears:
[/quote]

bowsette confirmed for smash

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
unwinding from playing mother 3 with an all-time classic

i feel like this game is strategically designed to make you not want to even attempt to visually parse it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

is it... a lego game?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why does this theme park

have a ride

that is just two, GIANT SCREAMING men

ithe only way this ride could function is that people walk in through the bottom of a giant screaming man, walk all the way to the top, ride to the other giant screaming man, and then go back down. it doesn't even function as transportation because it only transports you a couple feet. who designed this ride

Phantasium posted:

is it... a lego game?

it's jimmy neutron the video game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jimmy Neutron was too hideous for me to enjoy as a kid

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Help Im Alive posted:

Jimmy Neutron was too hideous for me to enjoy as a kid

JN was always neat to me growing up because I know they used desktop grade hardware to render it.

But that also made it look like complete and total rear end, yeah.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Jimmy Neutron was just a poor man's Dexter's Lab.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've spent like an hour this afternoon trying to figure out why suddenly none of the streaming software I use works anymore

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

why does this theme park

have a ride

that is just two, GIANT SCREAMING men

ithe only way this ride could function is that people walk in through the bottom of a giant screaming man, walk all the way to the top, ride to the other giant screaming man, and then go back down. it doesn't even function as transportation because it only transports you a couple feet. who designed this ride

it's jimmy neutron the video game

It's the human condition.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

we've gone further than anyone thought possible

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

I'm sure "Bullet Belle" is next

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Professor Duck posted:

Surely you mean Bullette

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imJzuorRRtQ

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

cheetah7071 posted:

Surely you mean Bullette

I was never one for tradition (naming conventions in this case), but that works out pretty well, actually

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Professor Duck posted:

Already happened two days ago

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Basically everything less obscure than a bush and a cloud already got crowned

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the internet collectively -etted everything listed or linked on a mario wiki within 12 hours like a community effort to brute force a fez puzzle solution

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

all that's left is to ette ourselves

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Jimmy Neutron and the Pulsating Mass

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

the internette

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the futurette is a bootette stomping on a humanette facette forever

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The ettette

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This thread is starting to lose etiquette

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

Lowtax's Drag Race

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Spooky gaming month begins. Starting with Devil May Cry 1.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

bloodychill posted:

Spooky gaming month begins. Starting with Devil May Cry 1.

I played this for the first time recently, and it holds up for the most part

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i s-ranked all of dmc1 on every difficulty a couple months ago. it's a fun game mostly but it also has gryffon and nightmare

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

This thread is starting to lose etiquette

"Starting"? :v:

My PS4 has been broken for over a month. Last night I had a lucid dream where I was in The Witcher 3. I spent the whole time looking through cabinets and reading the in game books.

Whoever said that you can't read text in dreams is either fantastically wrong or my brain is very different. Column A, column B probably

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Has a coin been given the Super Crown treatment? A Super Mushroom? The logo from the SMB1 title screen?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

haveblue posted:

Jimmy Neutron and the Pulsating Mass

greenlit

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I got through the first sequence in the new Tomb Raider. drat, Lara is a total sociopath here. At least in previous games she only killed mercs with guns and not thousands of innocents including women and children. I'm expecting it all to turn around though and be like "actually it's the bad guy that did the monstrous thing" but it's not a good look so far.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Palpek posted:

I got through the first sequence in the new Tomb Raider. drat, Lara is a total sociopath here. At least in previous games she only killed mercs with guns and not thousands of innocents including women and children. I'm expecting it all to turn around though and be like "actually it's the bad guy that did the monstrous thing" but it's not a good look so far.

the new tomb raider games are incredibly determined to never make any kind of point, so your expectation is probably right

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Making any kind of point is too scary. What if you alienate any potential customers? We can't have that.

:capitalism:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Lara is really good at killing and enjoys it a lot, that's enough of a selling point to me.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yeah, the original Tomb Raider had about 5 human enemies total. While the later games throw you against the mafia and mercenaries I still miss shooting endangered animals and dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I have a hard time reconciling it tbh, because even though I played one and a half of the new games my mental image of lara croft is still someone doing a front flip over top the head of a tiger while firing dual pistols into it

• Locked thread