Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qno0Kd4EDzA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Henry Kaiser just went there and you can't handle it. :owned:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://variety.com/2018/music/news/stairway-to-heaven-appeals-court-1202961317/

i hope led zeppelin loses and the court rules that chord progressions are subject to copyright and pretty much all music has to be destroyed

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

and now I know that Marty Balin is dead.

3/5 of a mile in 10 seconds was a great song.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 29, 2018

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Bit late to the Metallica conversation, but here you go:

https://youtu.be/fd8iru7X6J8

James, you're not 18 anymore.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wugga posted:

lol, it sounds like The Offspring.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Wugga posted:

I can't believe that's actually seven years old now, holy hell. 2011 was a particularly bad year for his vocals too, but what makes that take so bad is that it's from their 30th anniversary shows from December where they just had way too many songs to rehearse in too short of a time period, with a lot of difficult tunes to boot. Even if he could still sing that high, he sure as hell wasn't going to pull it off in a show like that.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

The next big thing?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoUMUZBjPcO/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1tvaiqy3fymck

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wugga posted:

Is this a shreds video?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So Gibson is going to get itself out of bankruptcy by doubling down on their "expensive as poo poo guitars that no one will buy" by releasing a $13,000 Slash Signature LP limited to 150 units.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Slash's iconic unfigured tobacco sunburst Les Paul. The gently caress?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Anime Reference posted:

Slash's iconic unfigured tobacco sunburst Les Paul. The gently caress?

Yeah that look pretty basic for a 13k guitar. It's going to sell though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't Slash's OG Les Paul a copy made from by a well-known luthier or somesuch?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Yeesh that's... not a pretty instrument.

Well to each their own I guess.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I don't understand what that guitar's supposed to be. It's not based on any of the iconic guitars he's played, it doesn't have a unique look, and it doesn't sound like it's built differently from any other Les Paul. So what is it?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Probably the neck and headstock aren't garbage. :haw:

I very much doubt it. :negative:

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

It has a Brazilian rosewood fretboard.
I wonder if they have the proper CITES paperwork for it this time.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You can get a guitar hand painted by Satriani for 4,000 less than that.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is it projected that rosewood fretboard instruments are going to go up in value?

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

At least with the short lived mad era of ~$25,000 signature replicas Fender did a decade ago there was something unique about them.*

*Other than the price tag

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol Slash never said that toanwood poo poo. The other possibility is he said it because having money is awesome.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Here's how Slash's proposed deal breaks down: Ferrar will maintain primary custody of the couple’s two children but both of them will share joint legal custody.

Slash will be required to pay $6,627,352 within 30 days of the judgement being signed by both parties. He'll also pay $100,000 per month in spousal support until death or remarriage, and $39,000 per month in child support. The children will also collect 1.8% of Slash’s income until the year 2036.

Slash got to keep all his interest in Guns ‘N Roses and his other companies, all his trademarks and residuals as well as a number of fully-loaded bank accounts.

Slash also listed his monthly income at $345,000 per month.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

"Only 150 were made", as if it's some priceless Stradivarius, preserved as an artifact of another age.

It's just an electric guitar. Make more, if you need to.

Artificial scarcity is dumb.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

KozmoNaut posted:

"Only 150 were made", as if it's some priceless Stradivarius, preserved as an artifact of another age.

They're really betting on some kind of Gibson-mystique to carry them. Which absolutely won't work once the boomer-generation dies.

If you commissioned a good luthier to build you that guitar there's no way it would cost 13.000

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Pondex posted:

They're really betting on some kind of Gibson-mystique to carry them. Which absolutely won't work once the boomer-generation dies.

If you commissioned a good luthier to build you that guitar there's no way it would cost 13.000

Last I checked, Ken Lawrence's custom builds aren't really any more than $6000 most of the time. And that's including electronics and fancy inlays n poo poo.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

You can buy a Heritage guitar made in the old Gibson plant in Kalamazoo, MI for about the same price as a new Gibson, and they are better in basically every way other than the headstock looking odd.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

KozmoNaut posted:

But but but tonewood!

Actually I’m hearing really great things about richlite lately and would love to live in a world where I can play 100% richlite guitars that are every bit as good as what we’re getting now but for a fraction of the cost.

If they ever figure out a way to make “flamed” richlite, it’s pretty much game over for fancy wood guitars after the boomers die out.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Isn’t it possible, even likely, these are the last of Henry’s plans at Gibson? I can’t imagine after this that they will continue doing Henry-requests poo poo like this.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Isn’t it possible, even likely, these are the last of Henry’s plans at Gibson? I can’t imagine after this that they will continue doing Henry-requests poo poo like this.

It certainly feels like it to me. Pushing out everything so they can focus on next year.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
I feel like Henry Juszkiewicz should be in the thread title at this point.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Wugga posted:

I feel like Henry Juszkiewicz should be in the thread title at this point.

Steve Vai is the goofy fun side of stupid music poo poo, Henry J is the gross exploitative side.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Anime Reference posted:

Steve Vai is the goofy fun side of stupid music poo poo, Henry J is the gross exploitative side.
(something about how the timing of this post proves I use google to track my name being mentioned for maximum stupid music poo poo)

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I’m sorry but that LP just plain looks wrong with humbuckers instead of P90s.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I mean yeah? But also they might keep one or two of these dumb expensive artist things rolling through because they sell to weirdos with too much money and basically take no special effort from the production line beyond sometimes some special finishes and custom electronics or whatever (and I guess they sometimes gotta get the whoever in to sign them but they probably just schedule that all to be done in one day) and the margin is silly

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
local vintage music store's weekly facebook updates always have a hidden gem

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I dont know if it really goes here but the accounts payable woman's ring tone is the standard blues piano riff to end all blues piano riffs and its really loud and goes off a lot

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
BA BLING BA BLING BLONG

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

This rules.

In other news I bought my first Big Muff today. Got the classic style big chassis pi model.

This this thing is ridiculous. Always been curious about them, and have listened to a ton of bands that use them. I'm surprised it took me so long to buy one.

Now to the stupid part: is there really much difference between all the different models of the muff? Like is a vintage one really worth being 10x or more than the one I just bought? And there are Russian made ones that are also vintage and expensive as well as newly made ones...the amount of Big Muff options and prices are some real stupid music poo poo imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Malaria posted:

Now to the stupid part: is there really much difference between all the different models of the muff? Like is a vintage one really worth being 10x or more than the one I just bought? And there are Russian made ones that are also vintage and expensive as well as newly made ones...the amount of Big Muff options and prices are some real stupid music poo poo imo
There isn't enough difference to make it worthwhile unless you're playing in a Dinosaur Jr or Smashing Pumkins cover band or you just have money to burn. If you do get twitchy about it just get a JHS Muffuletta and be done with it, otherwise it's a hole to throw money in that will never be filled.