Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Robot Hobo posted:

With this show's ability to turn even mundane things into gold, I kind of want an episode explaining how Michael managed to do everything he did on Earth.

The doorman explained that he's powerless on Earth, and only has the abilities available to any normal human. He still managed to travel all over the world, pay for travel arrangements for Jason, get costumes and props, and a bunch of other background things to make this all work. He did all of that despite presumably being dropped into one place with just the clothes on his back.

What I'm saying is, nevermind Chidi, I want Michael to be my life coach.

Seems to me he still gets to be his brilliant all-knowing self and simply predicts exactly what the humans need as a push in the right direction.

Which makes the “didn’t see any other posters, eh?” gag about Jason my very favorite. Jason Mendoza: too dumb to manipulate properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/MarcEvanJackson/status/1046069329270386689

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The answer to "...what's good?"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

ZRM posted:

My favorite part is that she left Taylor Swift's number in there.

You have to keep your true friends.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The double joke is that The Edge actually does have a second number that Bono doesn't have. That was a deep cut.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Listened to the podcast just now and I really want to hear that supercut of "Shut up, Glen."

I really liked that they played the rom-com moment with Simone, Chidi, and Elanor. That was a really sweet scene.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jet Jaguar posted:

Listened to the podcast just now and I really want to hear that supercut of "Shut up, Glen."

I really liked that they played the rom-com moment with Simone, Chidi, and Elanor. That was a really sweet scene.

:yeah:

imo Chidi and Eleanor work way better as best buds and there is zero romantic chemistry between the actors.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Robot Hobo posted:

With this show's ability to turn even mundane things into gold, I kind of want an episode explaining how Michael managed to do everything he did on Earth.

He's a somewhat-evil demon, so I'm going to go with... :capitalism:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

on that note, what did michael shout when he was on the bicycle saving Chidi from airconditioning-pancake? I couldn't make it out.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

double nine posted:

on that note, what did michael shout when he was on the bicycle saving Chidi from airconditioning-pancake? I couldn't make it out.

I thought it was "on your left!!" but I'm not sure

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ZRM posted:

My favorite part is that she left Taylor Swift's number in there.

And Taika Waititi! By all accounts he is the best of people, so I’d want to keep his number too.

I just tried to grab a screenshot, but Iphone won’t let you from Netflix because Reasons. :argh:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Taika Waititi should be president of the world.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The_Doctor posted:

And Taika Waititi! By all accounts he is the best of people, so I’d want to keep his number too.

I just tried to grab a screenshot, but Iphone won’t let you from Netflix because Reasons. :argh:

I got you there.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I got you there.

Also Tim Gunn and Tom Brady.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would send The Rock so many drunk texts

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

precision posted:

I feel like his entry is a rare misstep for the show. Tahani would absolutely call him Dwayne.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like his entry is a rare misstep for the show. Tahani would absolutely call him Dwayne.

She would tell people she calls him Dwayne, but she would absolutely keep his name in her contacts as "The Rock". There is a reason she ended up in the Bad Place.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

https://genius.com/Cunninlynguists-drunk-dial-lyrics

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

After she deleted The Edge, Tom Cruise popped up at the bottom as well.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Patrovsky posted:

After she deleted The Edge, Tom Cruise popped up at the bottom as well.

I love this show so much.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wish I had The Edge's phone number just so I could text him every day "so how come you never loaned Negativland that $3000 you claimed you would?"

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

precision posted:

I wish I had The Edge's phone number just so I could text him every day "so how come you never loaned Negativland that $3000 you claimed you would?"

He'll probably give you the same fake number that Bono has.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mulva posted:

She would tell people she calls him Dwayne, but she would absolutely keep his name in her contacts as "The Rock". There is a reason she ended up in the Bad Place.

My head canon is he took her phone and added himself as The Rock

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Michael has literally become their guardian angel.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

*janet voice* not an angel!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ahhh stop overextending your elbows its weird

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Ahhh stop overextending your elbows its weird

Marc Evan Jackson has got such a magnificent voice for everything

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

If you find you don't have time to listen to/watch that whole video, please just watch this five minute segment of Jameela Jamil telling a story of getting chased by a swarm of bees through the streets of Los Angeles (if the timestamp works):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpH2oUCXeC4&t=3168s

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I really hope they don't lean into the love triangle stuff with Chidi - Eleanor and Simone were adorable together in the MRI both, and it's really nice just to see people being friends without any baggage

100% more invested in Chidi and Simone than I was Eleanor and Chidi after one episode lol, they just go so well together. I hope it doesn't go love triangle-y and they go another route if/when Eleanor and Chidi hook up again.

But now she's free to bed Tahani clearly !!!

Though with Chidi's indecision issues a love triangle is kind of perfect for him tbh.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Gluten Freeman posted:

If you find you don't have time to listen to/watch that whole video, please just watch this five minute segment of Jameela Jamil telling a story of getting chased by a swarm of bees through the streets of Los Angeles (if the timestamp works):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpH2oUCXeC4&t=3168s

She has a similar ridiculous story on Nicole Byer's podcast Why Won't You Date Me? about a date who showed up at her home coked out and bleeding all over her place. Jamil is basically living some sort of rom com parody life.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
James Blunt has survived so far.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Hawkgirl posted:

Seems to me he still gets to be his brilliant all-knowing self and simply predicts exactly what the humans need as a push in the right direction.

Which makes the “didn’t see any other posters, eh?” gag about Jason my very favorite. Jason Mendoza: too dumb to manipulate properly.
You may be right. I was just assuming the quasi-omniscience fell into the "powers" category that he doesn't have on Earth. He'd still have crazy amounts of knowledge about the four humans personally, because he's been observing and interacting with them daily for decades, but no magic knowledge of anything else whole he's there.

Either way though, you're right about Jason. Michael may or may not have quasi-omniscient magical knowledge about Jason, and definitely does have decades of personal observation of his behavior, plus millennia of general experience as a demon, yet Jason still proves too dumb and/or random to be manipulated reliably.

I think Jason is going to be the key to foiling whatever plan the Bad Place is trying to throw at them. No plan, mundane or diabolical, can survive Jason Mendoza being a part of it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jason is going to somehow release all the demons onto Earth and we'll get a season an episode about Michael and Shawn teaming up to fix it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jason's going to sell his soul to Shawn for tickets to a Jag's playoff game

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

It's so weird to see Shawn emote. Especially - he smiles. that's not natural (also he looks tiny in that perspective and next to attractive giantess Jameela Jamil).

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

double nine posted:

It's so weird to see Shawn emote. Especially - he smiles. that's not natural (also he looks tiny in that perspective and next to attractive giantess Jameela Jamil).

contrary to this, my first thought was that MEJ looks good as hell with a beard

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

eke out posted:

contrary to this, my first thought was that MEJ looks good as hell with a beard

Oh I'm not disagreeing. He is a very attractive man.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Holt’s a lucky guy.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

If you want hours and hours more of MEJ, listen to all the back episodes of Sparks Nevada on (now ended) The Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The_Doctor posted:

Holt’s a lucky guy.

He's been in a ton of stuff but now whenever I see him I instantly think of Kevin. He's the epitome of a late 40's professor husband.