Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Gonna sleep for a few hours then get back up to watch. My girlfriend just found out 2022 is in Rome so if Patrick is in it again we’re gonna go to that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Man this camera work is lovely. Pat takes a weird drop on the opposite side of the pond, pulls a hybrid out, swings and... close up of his face. No clue where the ball went.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Zooming in on the sad and frustrated face of Patrick Reed is the best way to get viewers outside of the USA to tune in.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Furyk really screwed up this whole team. The pairings are awful. Put Reed and Spieth back together, stick Bryson with Tiger. JT and Rickie. DJ and Brooks. Put Bubba and Phil on the next flight out of the country.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tiger woods looks like he actually has fun playing golf again

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Having fun getting smashed haha.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Daric posted:

Furyk really screwed up this whole team. The pairings are awful. Put Reed and Spieth back together, stick Bryson with Tiger. JT and Rickie. DJ and Brooks. Put Bubba and Phil on the next flight out of the country.

The pairings have been awful, they make no goddamn sense.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I have inside intel on the Ryder Cup:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hey, we got Tiger and Bryson. Unfortunately they’re playing Molinari and Fleetwood.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bubba and Webb with a halve... with a triple, on a 135 yard par 3.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Daric posted:

Man this camera work is lovely. Pat takes a weird drop on the opposite side of the pond, pulls a hybrid out, swings and... close up of his face. No clue where the ball went.

Glad I'm not the only one. Tuning in this morning and it's like it's a bunch of first timers.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DeChambeau is terrible and he has a stupid name.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

BonoMan posted:

Glad I'm not the only one. Tuning in this morning and it's like it's a bunch of first timers.

They don't film a lot of golf in Fronce.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

That Woods-Rahm match was so good.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
When did the US golfers start sucking so bad?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I broke 110 yesterday and hit the flag pole on a chip. That was fun.

Also, I used The Grint to track my round on my watch and maybe it's my S3 or they updated the app but it worked really well.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Amazing what pressure does to a golfers brain. Great to watch.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
When you put them on a course where their distance isn’t an advantage. Also poor pairings the first 2 days. You can’t sit Webb Simpson and Tony Finau on a course that is perfectly set up for both of them.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Daric posted:

When you put them on a course where their distance isn’t an advantage. Also poor pairings the first 2 days. You can’t sit Webb Simpson and Tony Finau on a course that is perfectly set up for both of them.

Yeah, I think the team was badly managed from the word go.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

torgeaux posted:

They always suck in Ryder Cups across the pond. Also I'm pretty sure the Ryder Cup team w/the current Masters champ has never won.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I think another issue is communication though i will admit I could be totally off base. Jordan and Justin talk to each other constantly when they play as do most of the Euros. They help each other even when playing Fourball matches. But Tiger doesn’t talk to anyone. Neither do Brooks or DJ. It’s a team event, you can’t just rely on everyone’s individual strengths to win.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
That is spot on, and the USA will be better once it's filled with more young players that are "bro's" that share more than just managers and corporate sponsors.

Also, I think the Euro's are way more used to playing under animosity (when they are in the USA) more than the Americans.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wonder how many of the Americans actually take their families and vacation while they are in Europe? If I was visiting France I'd be drinking a lot of wine and showing off my baguette to all the waitresses

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
All of Patrick’s in-laws are there but I think they’re looking forward to getting back home. When you play in the Playoffs and then the Ryder cup you’re gone for almost 6 weeks.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

torgeaux posted:

Yeah, I think the team was badly managed from the word go.

Furyk definitely failed in his role. Two of his captains picks were the two worst players for the US and then he loving paired them together. Maybe that was tactical and he figured why torpedo two pairings instead of one but the Euros did everything better than the US anyway.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Yeah. Pretty bad considering Finau is the only Captain's pick who won a point, but it's hard to argue against any of Furyk's picks other than Mickelson who has been terrible lately.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ironlung posted:

Yeah. Pretty bad considering Finau is the only Captain's pick who won a point, but it's hard to argue against any of Furyk's picks other than Mickelson who has been terrible lately.

Tiger getting paired with Fatrick and DeChambeau, who both played like garbage, certainly didn't help his cause either. Singles are singles, not winning those are on you.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Patrick has lost quite a bit of weight thank you very much. Rahm is the fat one now.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The team press conference was pretty awkward at times.

My club lost our Ryder Cup comp yesterday unfortunately. Out of the 10 matches, we only won mine and one other. It was a good time and something I wish we did more of, apparently they used to organize similar stuff with other courses a couple times a year but it’s tailed off.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

torgeaux posted:

When they focus on hitting the ball 330 yards in some random direction instead of driving it on the fairway.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

ironlung posted:

Does this look like a man that’s been terrible

https://twitter.com/bubbawatson/status/1046511168901115904?s=20

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yes.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Presto posted:

When they focus on hitting the ball 330 yards in some random direction instead of driving it on the fairway.

They would have done better if that’s what they did. Instead they tried hitting the fairway with irons on most holes and still missed.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Suprfli6 posted:

They would have done better if that’s what they did. Instead they tried hitting the fairway with irons on most holes and still missed.

Hey, it's me, Phil, with no confidence hooking a shot into a hazard on a par 5 off the tee with an iron.

Hey it's me Bryson, doing the same exact loving thing but it was a slice.

There were times during the team events where I honestly thought that a single US player against two Euros would have been better.

Except for Molinari/Fleetwood, those guys were ridiculous and that's really why I can't fault Tiger for not winning. He got boatraced.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 1, 2018

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Fleetwood's the man and I will always cheer when he wins anything.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoYuFK-lwDx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=jjwp9896ztu6

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Had a pretty decent round on Saturday.

Stupid 2nd hole, especially after an opening birdie really pissed me off but was able to recover. I finally got my new putter rolling great and had quite a few 10'+ putts that I rolled in for par saves.

I'm playing Bay Hill next monday which I'm super stoked for and will probably hit the range a few times this week to prepare, maybe sneak in one more round this weekend, but it's anniversary weekend so, maybe not lol.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

mattfl posted:

Had a pretty decent round on Saturday.

Stupid 2nd hole, especially after an opening birdie really pissed me off but was able to recover. I finally got my new putter rolling great and had quite a few 10'+ putts that I rolled in for par saves.

I'm playing Bay Hill next monday which I'm super stoked for and will probably hit the range a few times this week to prepare, maybe sneak in one more round this weekend, but it's anniversary weekend so, maybe not lol.

Great round! What app is that information from?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Shapur posted:

Great round! What app is that information from?

Golfshot GPS.

Also, my precious!!

Thank you ebay 15% off coupon

I think I'm good for a while!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I’ve gone through so many balls this year. One of the downsides to playing every day and often playing 3-4 balls per hole when I’m practicing. Playing on soaking wet courses certainly has contributed to quite a few lost balls as well.