Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

Was it a recent decision not to broadcast this live on Paramount?

Yep

quote:

On 26 June 2018, DAZN announced a five-year streaming rights deal with the Viacom-owned mixed martial arts promotion Bellator, which will begin with Bellator 206 on 29 September 2018, and include the U.S. and all other regions currently served by DAZN. The package will include cards broadcast on linear television by Paramount Network, as well as 7 exclusive cards per-year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Bellator's ratings are on par with or lower than COPS reruns so it wouldn't surprise me if Viacom wants them off TV once in a while so they can get more reliable numbers with things like tonight's Indiana Jones marathon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

thankfully i'm able to pull up the fights. Wanderlei looks fat as gently caress. I have this in a small window on my computer and EBI up on my TV.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
DAZN? Free month trial? For this card? Sure, why not? Looking forward to some good fights. Considering Wanderlei and Rampage originally got me in to MMA; lets do it!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The CME guys only now finding out DAZN is pronounced DaZone was pretty hilarious.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sweet slam

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Honestly surprised Rampage has the money to own a Rolls.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i don't know who the not-big john commentator is but he sucks

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

drat you don't like Mauro Ranallo? I mean his theatrics are a bit more suited to his work in WWE I guess.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

It's Mauro Ranallo, he's an acquired taste

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I think having a Rampage x Silva 4 takes away from the majesty of 1 and 2.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Nah, but it is a lot of hype for a couple of aged fighters who look heavy and will probably gas badly.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
that guy should never ref again

what the gently caress

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Jesus christ ref, loving stop it

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

John McCarthy getting real angry.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Jesus Christ that took way too long

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
It's nice to have a ref on the mike to say definitively when another ref is doing a horrible job.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

Punch drunk comebacks are fun and all but drat. Definitely needed to stop that fight. Pico looks great!

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Marching Powder posted:

i don't know who the not-big john commentator is but he sucks

Pride died

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Is Pico like insanely rich or something? He has an expensive corner for someone so new in the sport.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

Is Pico like insanely rich or something? He has an expensive corner for someone so new in the sport.

He's not rich but his backers are, he's underwritten by Nike and Dethrone Royalty

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
and somehow Bob Cook is involved in the financing for his training too

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Goddamn, Lima's leg kicks are loving nasty. He hasn't even hit that many yet and Koreshkov's leg already is swelling up like Rory's in that last fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

5 round non-title fight in the middle of the card? :staredog: I've never seen that before

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

5 round non-title fight in the middle of the card? :staredog: I've never seen that before

all the welterweight gp fights will be 5 rounders since the belt is on the line

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CommonShore posted:

Guessing it's because this is part of the tourney

Edit: Surprised to see DC there.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 30, 2018

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
lol I had no idea they were doing Rampage/Wandy 4

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

all the welterweight gp fights will be 5 rounders since the belt is on the line

Just to clarify - Rory is fighting in the tournament as the champ? And he's fighting in every round, not just fighting the winner? So the belt is going to be on the line in each round? And to make it even and fair all of the fights will be 5*5?

If that's how it works... Neat, I guess. Convoluted but makes sense in the end kinda.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
Rosenthal is a lot smaller than I remember

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Vitamin Boss posted:

lol I had no idea they were doing Rampage/Wandy 4

Winner gets a heavyweight title shot vs Chael Sonnen

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

Just to clarify - Rory is fighting in the tournament as the champ? And he's fighting in every round, not just fighting the winner? So the belt is going to be on the line in each round? And to make it even and fair all of the fights will be 5*5?

If that's how it works... Neat, I guess. Convoluted but makes sense in the end kinda.

This is correct.

Rory's trying to become champ champ vs Mousasi tonight, but his 1st tournament bout is vs Fitch.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Koreshkov is so uncomfortable fighting at Southpaw he keeps naturally switching to Orthodox and reminding himself to go back to Southpaw.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Noice.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
drat that was deep

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Sick finish

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Hahaha the face Jon Fitch is making on that bracket is something

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Douglas Lima is loving cool and I'd love to see him fight some of the UFC welterweight action fighters like Cowboy O or M A G N Y

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Holy poo poo, they cut to Wanderlei in the back and he threw one punch and looked pensive at his trainer as if he had to throw another.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Ugh, I hate Wanderlei's new face so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
jesus christ theres just no way wandy can take this fight. Rampage has aged much better as long as you dont go for the take him down against him