Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete

Small this month, as had the whole army box to assemble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

Requisite Oath Addition and Speed Painting pics:

And the main Oath itself, 2x Panzer IIIs, shown here in their Ausf J and Ausf L configurations:

...and here in their Ausf L/M and Ausf N configurations (with additional schürzen):

The side schürzen and additional front hull plate are magnetized. The turret glacis armor and three different barrel lengths are socket-fit, and everything is interchangeable (I even made sure to magnetize everything the same way such that all of the schürzen fit on all of the tanks).

Here's the Zug so far with the first one I finished back in May:

We don't talk about what happened to 413.

So all told I'm claiming this month's Jurnal, as well as the Get the Crystal and Speed Painting achievements.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

Gonna claim A recipe for success:
The silver is Vallejo Metal Color Chrome over Badger unspellable white primer (black made it too dark IMO), blue is Scale 75 Hiril Blue. Recessed machinery and engine block are Vallejo Model Air Metallic Black (71.073), wash is Reaper Black Wash (only over a few panel lines and such, wipe it off everything else). Vallejo Metal Air Metal Varnish was used after the basecoat and black metal were applied, and at the end.

Was going to claim A faithful replica but I'm not sure now looking at the only reference for how it's supposed to look. You tell me.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Oath addition!

I Ugleb hereby oath an addition for September!

The Lone Survivor & Dogmeat for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, and 2x Fire barrels by TTcombat.

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Addition: One Cybernetica Data-Smith from Games Workshop. I snapped this picture this morning and am trying to completely finish him today. So far it's going well, but I got a lot to do if I want to hit that sweet 24-hour model achievement!

Approved!

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete

Small this month, as had the whole army box to assemble.

Erm... you didn't actually oath anything this month? I double checked your posting history in case I missed it but can't find it. If you still have your timestamped before picture, post it and I'll let you off this time.

wdarkk posted:

Was going to claim A faithful replica but I'm not sure now looking at the only reference for how it's supposed to look. You tell me.

Close enough for me, it's clearly recognisable from the art.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I oath for September: Inverter / Monitor magnetized, Cinerator Officer, High Exemplar Cyrenia.

Here's my gross desk for Spic and Span

I'm moving in....a week? Yikes. So the clean picture will be at the new place and include a slightly different beige background.

I will have finally have space for a dedicated painting table, and move the computer to a separate desk.

Oath Complete!

Cleaned up my desk:

Models:

Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month for the Monitor/Inverter.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Coming in hot for a last-minute oath!

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do oath 4 28mm US Airborne from Warlord Games.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath this Deva and Devabot, two Reverend Healers, and a Daktari conversion, by Corvus Belli, 28mm

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Addition

These eight Moderators, also Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Oath Complete

Claiming my jurnal conversion.

Here's what the Dak originally looks like:

Y'know, basically the worst stereotypes about Infinity models. Anyway, I fixed her tail and cut off her head so she's more inquisitive, instead of a battlefield surgeon doing the "tee hee, did I do that?" thing. Speaking of, jeweler's saw? Absolutely a must have for anybody. Screw x-acto knives and files and that. I hacked through about a quarter inch of pewter in a little under a minute and cut incredibly clean.

The blood splatter looks better in person, I swear. Do a little brown, then some red ink in a spreading pool, plus a little gloss varnish at the end. Works every time.

Details:

yeaaah big fat mold linesss

Literally Dave Bautista to go with my Literally The Rock from last November.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Erm... you didn't actually oath anything this month? I double checked your posting history in case I missed it but can't find it. If you still have your timestamped before picture, post it and I'll let you off this time.

I did wonder why I couldn’t see the oath post image in my imgur; here it is - 5 Arkanaut Company, from Age of Sigmar

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Ugleb posted:

Oath addition!

I Ugleb hereby oath an addition for September!

The Lone Survivor & Dogmeat for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, and 2x Fire barrels by TTcombat.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do oath 4 28*mm US Airborne from Warlord Games.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month, since these are arm/head/weapon swaps. The bodies are all standard US airborne, but the team on the left involved a protracted conversion process (following the instructions of a youtuber called The War Gamer) of swapping out a LMG for a bazooka from Warlord's American weapons sprue and giving the loader a spare round and the ammo punch from the same sprue. The team on the right just had arms taken from the new Warlord US Infrantry sprue. I think that both of the bazooka men and the left-hand loader also have heads from Warlord's old American Infantry kit - the standard US Airborne/new US Infantry ones proved a bit troubling to fit on with the bazookas.

Here's a photo with a pair of my US Pathfinders form last month made with the standard components:

Here's the video I used as a guide for that first bazooka team (it's the first example given in the video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPuMs1gqzr8&t=1s

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

For the conversion challenge, the champion with the plasma gun is converted from this set, as is the axeman:

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
September Oath Complete!

Rauthuros re-armed (as part of Obligatory Conversion Month) with warhammer fantasy lizardman weapons and re-imagined as some sort of lightning demon:

I kept one of his original weapons but still modified:

more pics:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

|Oath Complete!

Sphinx, probably an air themed Best of Nature for Kings of War in the future

Red Goblin Scouts

Ogre Warlord with magnetised weapon swap

Claimingn the challenge for the magnet arms and the custom weapons and the mashing up of 4 manufacturers to make my units.

Apologies for the wet glue!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, September is over!

I'll catch up with the spreadsheet later, but for now it's onwards to October:

quote:

October - Choose your Poison
Technique (Cocktail Mixers): Part of your figure should include a blended gradient between at least two distinct colours, e.g. red to yellow or black to white, or if you're ambitious you can go full on rainbow warrior! Make the blend as smooth as you can!
Composition (Booze Up): Paint up something related to drinking. This could be a clearly drunk individual, a bartender or server bearing drink bottles, some barrels of fine dwarven ale / elvish wine or even an inn or tavern if you're in a terrain mood.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for October...

The Human Fate team expansion for Aristeia, 28mm, Corvus Belli.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Just realised I forgot to take pics of the two fire barrels I oathed in September! Have I failed the month or should I edit them into my last post?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

edit: just realized we still had a painting thread, nevermind!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do Oath the following for the month of October: 5x Druze Shock Troops (28mm Corvus Belli)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for October 1 28mm Airfix Robogear Trooper, and 1 28mm Games Workshop Space Marine.

I'm counting the Space Marine as my Rescue Ranger model - it's actually I think from the first box of minis I ever bought (hence why the bolter's not in his hand - I apparently didn't realise you were supposed to cut off the pistol grip, so I just kind of wedged it in there), and I found him while rummaging through my bits box - the rest of his squad is lost to the warp. You probably can't make it out, but he's presently a poster child for THIN YOUR PAINTS.

Hopefully some Clean Spirit will scour that gunk off so I can paint him properly this time around. He'll be the vanguard of my Conquest Celestial Lions force.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Oathing for October, 1 Captain-General Trajann Valoris

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, hereby oath the following.
10 Koris players
10 Mutant players
1 Skarathron
Deadman Davitz
Crypt
Kaliasa
All 28mm by Mantic Games

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Nearly forgetting to post my oath... Again!

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of October 3x Topaz Frigates and a Shaltari Battleship with magnetised turret options.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October:

12 Dwarfs from Oathsworn Miniatures (Clan McFiggin Brewers)
Josef Bugman from GW
3 big Mykelings and 1 very big Mykeling from Krakon Games

Ugleb posted:

Just realised I forgot to take pics of the two fire barrels I oathed in September! Have I failed the month or should I edit them into my last post?

I'll let you off this time as I haven't caught up with the spreadsheet yet and hadn't noticed ;)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do oath 4 28mm US Airborne from Warlord Games.

Approved for September!

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October:

12 Dwarfs from Oathsworn Miniatures (Clan McFiggin Brewers)
Josef Bugman from GW
3 big Mykelings and 1 very big Mykeling from Krakon Games

I'll let you off this time as I haven't caught up with the spreadsheet yet and hadn't noticed ;)

Ugleb posted:

Nearly forgetting to post my oath... Again!

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of October 3x Topaz Frigates and a Shaltari Battleship with magnetised turret options.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, hereby oath the following.
10 Koris players
10 Mutant players
1 Skarathron
Deadman Davitz
Crypt
Kaliasa
All 28mm by Mantic Games

Corrode posted:

Oathing for October, 1 Captain-General Trajann Valoris

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for October 1 28mm Airfix Robogear Trooper, and 1 28mm Games Workshop Space Marine.

I'm counting the Space Marine as my Rescue Ranger model - it's actually I think from the first box of minis I ever bought (hence why the bolter's not in his hand - I apparently didn't realise you were supposed to cut off the pistol grip, so I just kind of wedged it in there), and I found him while rummaging through my bits box - the rest of his squad is lost to the warp. You probably can't make it out, but he's presently a poster child for THIN YOUR PAINTS.

Hopefully some Clean Spirit will scour that gunk off so I can paint him properly this time around. He'll be the vanguard of my Conquest Celestial Lions force.

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do Oath the following for the month of October: 5x Druze Shock Troops (28mm Corvus Belli)

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for October...

The Human Fate team expansion for Aristeia, 28mm, Corvus Belli.

Approved for October!

September's spreadsheet should now be up to date so go check it before I work on the gallery - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17l0uEMpeIJ9DCqQMIOo1aX39zre1NFVUiixHS8YfgBs/edit#gid=17

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For October I, Galaspar, oath four ruined buildings (mostly GW)

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 1 bar with 4 bar extras for October:

Models all Hirst Arts. 28mm I think.

Claiming Choose your Poison cause drinking!

Going to do Spic and Span this time as well

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 9, 2018

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath one Hormagaunt Brood (12 Hormagaunts) along with stone terrain bases for October:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, oath one Shaltari Cruiser, four Shaltari Frigates, and three Shaltari Voidgates by TTCombat (1:9150 scale, plastic, Dropfleet Commander).

Since I need these for a game Sunday I'm going to try for Speed Painting.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath four Chainrasps for October, from Nightvault, by GW

Playing around with schemes at the moment, but seemed season-appropriate and am a bit inspired.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

For October I, Galaspar, oath four ruined buildings (mostly GW)

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 bar with 4 bar extras for October:

Models all Hirst Arts. 28mm I think.

Claiming Choose your Poison cause drinking!

Going to do Spic and Span this time as well

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath one Hormagaunt Brood (12 Hormagaunts) along with stone terrain bases for October:

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, oath one Shaltari Cruiser, four Shaltari Frigates, and three Shaltari Voidgates by TTCombat (1:9150 scale, plastic, Dropfleet Commander).

Since I need these for a game Sunday I'm going to try for Speed Painting.

LazyAngel posted:

Playing around with schemes at the moment, but seemed season-appropriate and am a bit inspired.

Approved!

Also, the gallery for September is up. Please check whether your stuff's there and I'll get it sent for judgement next weekend! https://imgur.com/a/G8jnVay

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Finished earlier than usual, cos I needed it for Armies on Parade:

Really happy with the result.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Congrats!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete! Maybe. I might do an addition.

Speed Painting
I feel like there's something weird going on with worldtimeserver, but w/e I did this in time and I'm too tired to figure it out.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

One very large fungus man

Three less large fungus men

Thirteen hard drinking dwarfs, hope you didn't spill any of their pints! (October Challenge)

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 14, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Oath Complete!

Completely forgot about the challenge. I'll have to do an addition when I can think of what to do.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition; the Briar Queen, Ever-hanged and Varclav, also from Nightvault

Figured I might as well finish off the ghosties, now I've got a scheme down.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Complete!

Maybe claiming Choose your Poison - Technique (Cocktail Mixers). I have some gradients on these guys, orange to black on their claws being the largest, but it's done with drybrushing and wasn't really a "blend". If ya'll think it counts, then I claim it. If not, then that's fine too :)

edit: Forgot about this one. Claiming Take one for the team as 12 matching Hormagaunts definitely fits the criteria.

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Addition! Got a hodgepodge of models from a recaster, so I'm adding to my oath this month: 1 Secutarii Peltast, 6 Skitarii Vanguard, 1 Genestealer, and 1 Lictor.

Oath Addition Complete!
Genestealer (left) and Lictor (right)

All my minis for the month together, 21 in total. Skitarii Vanguard out front, with the Secutarii Peltast in the middle.

Duct Tape fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
October oath! Sif and the Gaping Dragon.
Steamforged Games