Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I forgot how dumb the entire last section of the first God of War is.

The last boss is the worst though because it takes away every tool youve had up to that point in favor of a big sword that has none of the utility of your previous weapons.

At least the ps3 port isn't freezing on my constantly like my ps2 copy did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, the penultimate scene where you have to protect your family is great, and then they follow it up with "make my monster grooooooow" and it's the shittest thing ever.

Actually, climbing the spinning blade pillars in the underworld was shittier, but still.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
There are so many different types of upgrade token in Spider Hyphen Man.

It's OK, game. Just let me have a single currency! I don't mind!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've got around to Ratchet and Clank 3, and enjoyed it, but the final boss is a total slog due to the constant streams of robots between phases of the fight. I tried ignoring them and just dashing past, but during the second phase of the fight I kept getting shot in the back. It's not fun.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I bought pathfinder kingmaker and the whiplash of difficulty between encounters is crazy. I'm either dominating or reloading the same fight 20 times so I can micromanage everything perfectly.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
enter the gungeon has a challenge mode which has a special modifier for the last boss that makes it so you die in two hits within five seconds...and all his attacks have a wider spread so enjoy having to redo an hour of progress because you missed one dodgeroll

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I've got around to Ratchet and Clank 3, and enjoyed it, but the final boss is a total slog due to the constant streams of robots between phases of the fight. I tried ignoring them and just dashing past, but during the second phase of the fight I kept getting shot in the back. It's not fun.
What? Dr. Nefarious isn't a difficult fight, especially if you've already played through the first two R&C games. There's nothing in Up Your Arsenal even one tenth as obnoxious as R&C1.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

World Famous W posted:

I bought pathfinder kingmaker and the whiplash of difficulty between encounters is crazy. I'm either dominating or reloading the same fight 20 times so I can micromanage everything perfectly.

The difficulty is extremely broken right now, and not in the normal Pathfinder kind of way. Apparently they are working on fixing that

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I won't find out if The Saboteur is annoying because I couldn't get it to launch. Then I tried to replay Split/Second and ran into game-breaking camera & controller bugs. I guess "developers who disappeared before they could patch their wonky PC ports" is dragging things down this weekend.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Len posted:

The last boss is the worst though because it takes away every tool youve had up to that point in favor of a big sword that has none of the utility of your previous weapons.

It's got the same moveset as the Blade of Artemis, just with a restricted jump.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Byzantine posted:

It's got the same moveset as the Blade of Artemis, just with a restricted jump.

Except all your magic? Gone. All your special moves? Trash. And as far as I could tell there was no guard break but maybe I was being dumb, wouldn't put that past me.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Len posted:

At least the ps3 port isn't freezing on my constantly like my ps2 copy did

I so lucked out with that when I played it.

Ares got stuck in an animation on the side of the screen or some such poo poo and I just wailed on him. I didn't complain.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

The difficulty is extremely broken right now, and not in the normal Pathfinder kind of way. Apparently they are working on fixing that

I've read some of the steam reviews, and it sounds crazy. From what I can gather, you only design one character yourself, while the rest are all pre-rolled, only whoever designed your companions didn't really understand the game, so they all have crappy builds. The enemies, on the other hand, have all been designed by some lunatic min-maxing grognard.

For in detail examples: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966021471/recommended/640820/

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gerblyn posted:

I've read some of the steam reviews, and it sounds crazy. From what I can gather, you only design one character yourself, while the rest are all pre-rolled, only whoever designed your companions didn't really understand the game, so they all have crappy builds. The enemies, on the other hand, have all been designed by some lunatic min-maxing grognard.

For in detail examples: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966021471/recommended/640820/
You control the level up of your companions (all but the first level that is set) but it does make recommendations. Also you can straight up buy a blank slate companion (haven't done this yet but read they have no personality).

The big issue is they just sometimes drop large groups or high HD creatures in your lap at random that murder you in seconds.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

World Famous W posted:

You control the level up of your companions (all but the first level that is set) but it does make recommendations.

If it's anything like DnD 3.5, you can do an awful lot of damage to a build just by choosing weird feats and the wrong stat spread :shrug:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gerblyn posted:

If it's anything like DnD 3.5, you can do an awful lot of damage to a build just by choosing weird feats and the wrong stat spread :shrug:

I mean it's Pathfinder so that's probably exactly what it is

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The worst thing about Quantum Break is that it's just sort of average.

at least the story appears to be pretty short so I can play through it a couple of times to see if there's any difference between your choices.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gerblyn posted:

I've pretty much taken all the recommended feats and what not. poo poo just doesn't have a good encounter balance.

Still enjoying it though. It helps that I've been wanting to play the kingmaker module for some time but could never get a group together. Next best thing and all.

World Famous W has a new favorite as of 15:30 on Sep 30, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DQ11

Boy I wish they could remove Koichi Sugiyama's power over the music for this game. I don't remember DQ8 3DS being as obnoxious but with this one it feels like there's only five songs in the entire game, everything's blending together.

Also they still don't have Bandai Namco Entertainment's coding capabilities so you still have to wear a full set of armor- anywhere from two to three pieces from what I've seen so far- if you want to change your appearance at all.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What other possibly good games are there were compromised by a key developer being a poo poo-head, instead of the usual compromises like deadlines and budget restraints?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What other possibly good games are there were compromised by a key developer being a poo poo-head, instead of the usual compromises like deadlines and budget restraints?

The Director of Dead or Alive 5 threatened to not release future titles on pc if modders acted immorally

edit: maybe not quite what you were asking. but I think it's funny

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Fez 2.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lord Lambeth posted:

The Director of Dead or Alive 5 threatened to not release future titles on pc if modders acted immorally

edit: maybe not quite what you were asking. but I think it's funny

Get your rosaries out of my moe FGs.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Diablo 3.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Metroid: Other M was doomed from the start because of Sakamoto and his ideas about what Metroid should be (largely spurred by his dislike of the Metroid Prime games, which absolutely didn't align with his ideas).

Most of the games that got famously stuck in development hell for years were this, too, usually stemming from a key developer getting too ambitious and/or fickle and eventually having to face reality; Duke Nukem Forever, Daikatana and Final Fantasy XV all had to deal with that.

And of course, if executive meddling counts, there's a whole slew of others.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Also Armikrog will always be associated with Doug TenNapel and I never want to play it just because of that.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It would be great if someone got the licence to revive Earthworm Jim, and then made him openly gay if only to spite TenNapel.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cleretic posted:

Metroid: Other M was doomed from the start because of Sakamoto and his ideas about what Metroid should be (largely spurred by his dislike of the Metroid Prime games, which absolutely didn't align with his ideas).

That's weird to hear about. Weren't the Prime games the best selling Metroids ever?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

"his dislike of the Metroid Prime games" and "the failure of the Metroid Prime games" are not synonymous.

Crazy shitheads often dislike good things.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Was Sakamato the one that decided that there's no way Space Bounty Hunter Samus would require any form of compensation for saving people?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

He didn't know what a bounty hunter was. He named her that because Boba Fett looked cool. When retro wanted to add a bounty hunting side activity in mp3 he said that it was too out of character

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What a goddam idiot!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I haven't gotten to play the Prime games but I like the fandom's take on everyone thinking Samus is a greedy badass only out for the money, but privately a lot of the money she makes 'somehow' finds it's way back to the victims of space pirates to help them rebuild :unsmith:

Boy howdy I didnt care for Other M's take on Samus

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

I haven't gotten to play the Prime games but I like the fandom's take on everyone thinking Samus is a greedy badass only out for the money, but privately a lot of the money she makes 'somehow' finds it's way back to the victims of space pirates to help them rebuild :unsmith:

Boy howdy I didnt care for Other M's take on Samus

Sorry, but you arent authorized to dislike Other M

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I would love if a future Metroid had optional bosses, areas, and subquests like in Hollow Knight. And be set after Fusion for once.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I haven’t played it myself but by all accounts, starbound

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Digirat posted:

I haven’t played it myself but by all accounts, starbound

As a person who followed development for years and still sunk 100 hours in the game, Absolutely

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Code Talker in MGSV sounds, to me anyway, like Master Tang from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. This would probably not bother me as much if the game had some traditional MGS humour in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XHsDJ-9EDs

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

It would be great if someone got the licence to revive Earthworm Jim, and then made him openly gay if only to spite TenNapel.

Well, earthworms are hermaphrodites...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Sunswipe posted:

Code Talker in MGSV sounds, to me anyway, like Master Tang from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. This would probably not bother me as much if the game had some traditional MGS humour in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XHsDJ-9EDs

Ham burgers...