Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Oh def T2 Luna ASAP, she's crazy strong.

I intend to, I just don't have her at 4/20. Next time i get the bio sub I'll finish her off and T2 her. Same with X-23 when I eventually get a X-Gene sub. Maybe Spidey 2099 or Killmonger/Valkyrie for the Legendary Battle prizes. All those people are just the people that are impossible to get bios for easily so they all absolutely get a T2 ticket when I eventually get them to 4/20.

Otherwise I've got like 40 people who are 4/20 with 150 bios and I could T2 any time I have the BAM and Chaos Stones (which is basically whenever if I'm not burning them on Level 70s). None of them just seem terribly worth it so I hoard the tickets and use the resources on them 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'll echo what was said, it's really easy to T2 Psylocke, I would try to farm her first.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've saving for her. Just have to take the time and avoid the temptations. I wanted those Medusa, Quicksilver, and Agent Venom costumes but I held firm. I also have enough for Emma but I'm staying strong.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

How many times do you have to shell out for The Emma thing to T2 her?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Steve Vader posted:

How many times do you have to shell out for The Emma thing to T2 her?

It’s RNG dependent, but I managed in 2. This included a bunch of lucky rank ups though, so plan on 3.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

I'll echo what was said, it's really easy to T2 Psylocke, I would try to farm her first.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah it took me 2 for Emma and a t2 ticket.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

The Dave posted:

Sure but she needs feathers right? I am straight lacking those.

e: yeh, 800 feathers, I have about 250. Been dumping them into Jean.

e: holy gently caress I only have 343 M'Kraan Crystals too I'm so boned

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 26, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

11 hours and 50 minutes until Heroic Quest reset...

To wait and save all my chores to do in the early morning and steal a day? Decisions, decisions.

In good news, I finally got enough Blue Marvel bios from the lab to get him to 4/20! T2 Blue Marvel! Can't wait to take him for a spin in WBR and Shadowland. I might toss him in Timeline to see what happens if I don't need/save them for a Heroic Quest.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The processer is the worst money sink in the game. I swear it was made just to trap whales.

Spend a ton of resources useful other places to maybe get one useful bio!

Managed to pull of 10 wins over the last 2 days so I was able to complete the heroic quests. I got 5 yesterday and 5 today.

I'd say outside of Magik, Emma and Colossus, never use a ticket on an X-men, they're pretty easy to farm if you're patient. I actually just bought 3 boxes for Emma to t2 her. I used the event quest T2 on Nico, mostly because I've had her, Ms Marvel, Singularity, Quake, Yondu, and Spider-Gwen sitting at 4/20 for...well, at least a year. I've been slowly T2ing them when I have no one better to t2 with a ticket.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You can just grab Nico bios with Chaos Tokens now. I have her and She Hulk sitting at 4/20 with 150 bios along with Lash and Gamora and I could T2 them whenever i have the Chaos Tokens. I just don't bother. I T2ed Singularity just to help my Raid Level.

I have Daisy and Spider Gwen sitting there too for awhile. Ms Marvel has been T2ed since early one. I used a ticket on Inferno when I got him to 4/20 same as Vulture, Clea, and Gwenpool and probably Colossus. Don't use him but his costume is on my long list to get after Medusa, Quicksilver, Agent Venom, and maybe some others like the Black Order. Dunno. Some day unless they give us something better.

I don't really mind using the lab for the Ultimates. Its GUK and Universal Norns, both which I have in plenty. So meh. Its slow but I'm in no real rush. I just do it every once and awhile when my anti-matter fills. Blue Marvel got there first because I think I bought that original Ultimates box that gave me Blue Marvel before I got the 256 bios from the last story mission. Nova and Anti-Man are far behind but some day. Some day.

3 hours until Heroic reset and I haven't done my stuff yet. So I guess I'm waiting and losing sleep.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

The processer is the worst money sink in the game. I swear it was made just to trap whales.

it doesnt cost money to use, it costs norns and poo poo like that

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I mean "money" as being resources in the game. And If It didn't need GuKs it wouldn't be so bad, but I need to GuKs to get people to 4/20.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hows it a whale trap then? its the f2p way to get the ultimates extremely slowly if you didnt care to whale out for them

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

As a person who has like 5 characters not at T2/T3 or 4/20, the processor is nice. I have nowhere else to use that stuff, so why not turn it into a pile of bios to feed to people I'm trying to get to 70?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I have assloads of purple norns and GuKs so why not throw them at the processor to get some ultimates bios.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I just got a 3* mega mastery ticket from a heroic quest supply box.

I didn't even know that was a thing.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I installed FF on my new phone and syncing to my Google Play account fails so I can't get my backup

very cool

e: Apparently the Facebook sync does work though?

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 27, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zokari posted:

I just got a 3* mega mastery ticket from a heroic quest supply box.

I didn't even know that was a thing.

Those boxes seem super random. Most of the prizes are meh but I've gotten a couple of awakened isos and 5* ticket. So cool.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
Applied to Waifu Squad (I think) under Jacksonpppp

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Stunt Rock posted:

I have assloads of purple norns and GuKs so why not throw them at the processor to get some ultimates bios.

I have lots of purps too, but GuKs are like a non lovely republican, almost impossible to find enough.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I have over fifty thousand GuKs so maybe the secret was bailing on the game for like a year

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Does anyone like Destroyer? Does his uniform help?

Debating leveling him up. Just got him to 6* mastery.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Once upon a time he was *very* useful due to his energy(?) resist. I'm not sure if he's still useful for that now, I generally migrate towards damage output instead.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New players, there’s a discord for this.

https://discord.gg/RmRPzew

You’ll see that Future Fight channel.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Need a hot take. Which pack is better, Jean or Stryfe? Dude in my alliance is gonna get one and I only know about Jean pack since I have it.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Do you mean magneto vs psylocke?

Jean is better than Stryfe, and much easier to get, because Stryfe requires you to T2 Colossus.
Psylocke is a better character than Magneto though.

I would definitely recommend working on Phoenix first. If you're buying a pack though I'd get psylocke, because she's seriously top tier.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I grabbed Colossus's Xforce and Anti-Venom costumes from the sale. I should have enough crystals to get at least one more before it ends, so I'm thinking either finish off my IW costumes with either teen groot or hulkbuster, or grab maybe Black Bolt, Falcon or someone elses costume.

I already have Now Hulkbuster and Thor Groot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Falcon's gives him 4 iframes and makes him basically impossible to kill. You gotta work up his damage but he's a really effective tool, especially like for Shadowland Rumbles.

He's also fun to clear story missions because he just flies around whacking everyone.

But my Falcon is ranked 28th so I might have a skewed perception.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think Falcon was fun he just doesn’t take off enough damage for me to be successful in higher level SL.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've cleared SL, and i've been vocal about how poo poo the top tier rewards are. I'm only ever going as far at 15 now.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I've cleared SL, and i've been vocal about how poo poo the top tier rewards are. I'm only ever going as far at 15 now.

I'll go past 15 if I'm bored and need extra gold or Choas Norns, but otherwise it's not worth the bother.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I like getting the comics at 16 and 25. Post 25 is such a breeze too I just close it out usually before Monday.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You can get fully awakened isos, costume tickets, and a fair amount of gold at the higher levels. They're not great compared to the bios but they're worth doing if you're ever going to start working up people past just 6* or T2.

Of course I also find the last 20 floors of Shadowland to be a piece of cake these days because I always save all my big wigs and then have a plethora of options when I get there. I'll do stupid poo poo and like take on Floor 29 with Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, Thor, Magneto, Deadpool, and Cable just because I still have them. One week I'm gonna just use my big guns from Floor 1 and see if I can breeze through every floor like that.

The Dave posted:

I think Falcon was fun he just doesn’t take off enough damage for me to be successful in higher level SL.

Its true but I managed to make him a tough guy with a fully awakened Power of Angry Hulk set and a bunch of worked up Urus. You can probably accomplish the same by just throwing a Gorgon or Goliath or someone at his leader (although Goliath is pretty good on his own for the lower/mid levels).

I actually don't use Falcon a ton in Shadowland just because I have so many speed characters. I alway send up saving him in the early rounds and using the "lesser" ones and then when it gets to the tougher floors there's like half a dozen speed characters (Spidey, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Deadpool, Quicksilver, Angel, Vulture?) better than him (and probably more if I worked up X-23, Luna, Spidey 2099, Fantomex, and maybe Domino). He's just kind of the best of the middle with like Rogue, Groot, Ms Marvel, Ant Man, Elsa, and Kate Bishop. Its just a super loaded category (and that's without Shuri who I always save for the ally boost and never actually need). And I can scrape out withs with Daredevil, Elektra, and Silk and haven't tried ArachKnight yet.

But for awhile Falcon was my go to as a fun and kick rear end character and his costume makes him invincible. Now he just tends to ride along with Cap to kill Daredevil at Floor 30 because "whatever".

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
I am at the point where I am doing SL for everything but biometrics. Comic covers, ISOs and especially the uniform XP are the draw for me. Before The Mighty Stark was released I had no use for bios apart from piling them up to 620 on a character I may get a uniform for one day or feeding them to whoever I am currently advancing. It is really interesting how this game has prioities that are constantly changing at different stages throughout it. I find it is a game in itself to manage how the game shifts at these points.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Oh man, I thought that was placeholder art for the new uni faces. That poo poo looks like it belongs in a coloring book.

Hawkeye is doomed to be poo poo tier forever.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Benthalus posted:

I'll go past 15 if I'm bored and need extra gold or Choas Norns, but otherwise it's not worth the bother.

I'm usually as conservative as I can with my char usage until 15 at which point I start throwing The Good T2's at fights.

E: drat uniform sale, trying to decide between Hulk since he's the strongest there is and BW because I use her as a striker when I needed ignore dodge, and Thanos who I usually don't use but the uniform puts him in the absolute top tier and I could use more universal dudes.

Or hell even Cable because I use him sometimes I guess

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 1, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I will not buy uniforms. I will save for Psylocke. I will not buy uniforms. I will save for Psyclocke.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I'm usually as conservative as I can with my char usage until 15 at which point I start throwing The Good T2's at fights.

Yeah, I try and squeeze as much as I can out of all my C and D teamers for the first 10-20 floors and then I just let all the A tier people go buck wild.

If it was a tougher fight I probably would skip the later Floors sometimes, but those last 15 floors are always easier than the first 15 for me because of that. And its a good way to test out new and underutilized characters on the early floors.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Try to think of it as saving your crystals for a potential black friday uni sale. Getting Pyslocke gets you a bunch of crystals anyway, and the sooner you get her the sooner you can get more biometrics to feed other people when shes capped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, on paper it just makes sense since I immediately get back enough to buy a couple of costumes or Emma. Those costumes will always be there and sales come along all the time. There's nothing special about this one.

Just takes will power, impulse control, and reinforcement. No, I don't need to make Medusa marginally better so she can take down a SL floor just above 15 instead of just below.

In other topics, WBU Thanos is a loving rear end in a top hat and not worth the effort.