Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/vincentdonofrio/status/1045469483803045889

D'Onofrio is so cool I hope he doesn't turn out to be a scumbag

His new Twitter banner pic is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Some of this seemed super obvious, but I guess it is "confirmed" now:

- Karen Page and Foggy Nelson are both returning
- Wilson Fisk will be the primary antagonist, but Wilson Bethel's character (99.9% confirmed - but not officially - as Bullseye) will be the "street-level" antagonist that Murdock interacts with most.
- The Punisher is not in Daredevil season 3.
- Joanne Whalley was announced to play "Maggie" a while ago, she is Matt's mom and will closely match the role Maggie played in Born Again.
- There's confirmation that the season is inspired by Born Again, but no confirmation if Elektra is returning (which makes it seem like she probably will and they are trying to avoid *spoilers* by just mentioning her name).

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/vincentdonofrio/status/1045469483803045889

D'Onofrio is so cool I hope he doesn't turn out to be a scumbag

I think he's actively avoiding to be one. I remember a few weeks ago he was more or less asking if it's morally okay to be playing a irredeemable racist in todays climate.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Some of this seemed super obvious, but I guess it is "confirmed" now:

- Karen Page and Foggy Nelson are both returning
- Wilson Fisk will be the primary antagonist, but Wilson Bethel's character (99.9% confirmed - but not officially - as Bullseye) will be the "street-level" antagonist that Murdock interacts with most.
- The Punisher is not in Daredevil season 3.
- Joanne Whalley was announced to play "Maggie" a while ago, she is Matt's mom and will closely match the role Maggie played in Born Again.
- There's confirmation that the season is inspired by Born Again, but no confirmation if Elektra is returning (which makes it seem like she probably will and they are trying to avoid *spoilers* by just mentioning her name).

Thank you for the round up. giving it a miss then, let me know how it turns out thread.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

His new Twitter banner pic is great.

Nothing tops Kevin Bacon's Twitter pic:

https://twitter.com/kevinbacon

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Davros1 posted:

Bacon's banner pic is just a blue line, though.

Profile pic award goes to Kevin.
Banner pic award goes to Vince.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA1Hhs0gZI8

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Davros1 posted:

When is Kevin Bacon gonna be in the MCU?

He's already one of the nicest people around. Get him and Keanu in the MCU ASAP.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Kevin Bacon joins the guardians and quill will never shut up about footloose until he quits

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Codependent Poster posted:

When is Kevin Bacon gonna be in the MCU?

He's already one of the nicest people around. Get him and Keanu in the MCU ASAP.

Well, if Marvel absorbs the Fox X-Men Universe, then he's already been in it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Davros1 posted:

Well, if Marvel absorbs the Fox X-Men Universe, then he's already been in it.

Disney will almost assuredly start over with X-Men.

Kevin Bacon for Norman Osbourne or Alistair Smythe.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ToastyPotato posted:

Disney will almost assuredly start over with X-Men.

Kevin Bacon for Norman Osbourne or Alistair Smythe.

Avengers 4 ends with Rogue stealing Carol's powers.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Medullah posted:

Avengers 4 ends with Rogue stealing Carol's powers.

I guess that is better than Carol falling in love with her rapist and leaving Earth to live with him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's also a better Rogue than we saw. Though they said Gambit is going to be a Romantic Comedy now?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Though they said Gambit is going to be a Romantic Comedy now?

"It Not You, It Gambit" is the perfect X-Men romcom title.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There is zero chance Gambit gets made at this point. And I'm still iffy on Dark Phoenix and New Mutants even coming out.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Phoenix just dropped a trailer, so it is still chugging along. New Mutants is definitely in trouble. There is also the possibility that failing a theatrical release, Disney releases them as streaming service exclusive films, since they are already made and paid for. It wouldn't be a loss at all for them to do that, since they didn't pay to produce those movies, and anything that incentivizes subscribers would be a good thing, and those would be pretty big incentives. Gambit is dead if it doesn't finish production before the merger.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

Phoenix just dropped a trailer, so it is still chugging along. New Mutants is definitely in trouble. There is also the possibility that failing a theatrical release, Disney releases them as streaming service exclusive films, since they are already made and paid for. It wouldn't be a loss at all for them to do that, since they didn't pay to produce those movies, and anything that incentivizes subscribers would be a good thing, and those would be pretty big incentives. Gambit is dead if it doesn't finish production before the merger.

Phoenix dropped a trailer that said it was out in February then a day later got pushed back four months.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Phoenix dropped a trailer that said it was out in February then a day later got pushed back four months.

It got pushed? The original date was Valentine's day (secret Deadpool 3 movie pushing it back?)

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
What is going on with New Mutants and Dark Phoenix? Have they not been completed?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Skwirl posted:

It got pushed? The original date was Valentine's day (secret Deadpool 3 movie pushing it back?)

They shifted back the Alita movie and correspondingly moved everything else on their slate.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

howe_sam posted:

They shifted back the Alita movie and correspondingly moved everything else on their slate.

I forgot the Alita movie even existed. Was making a human girl have really creepy eyes more difficult than they first thought?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

HIJK posted:

What is going on with New Mutants and Dark Phoenix? Have they not been completed?

Dunno about Phoenix because I haven't heard much (outside of it being delayed), but with New Mutants, a huge chunk of the movie had to be reshot because apparently Fox freaked out about the tone of the actual film vs. what was intended? Or something to that effect. I've heard everything from Fox wanted to add connections to some other X projects or something, or that Fox panicked at the reception of the trailer and wanted the movie reshot to meet people's apparent expectations. I think they either added, removed or significantly changed a character as well, IIRC.

WRT to Phoenix, I have always heard that it was mostly on schedule but was in limbo in general (reshoots are normal for big movies), not that it needed massive work.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 29, 2018

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I forgot the Alita movie even existed. Was making a human girl have really creepy eyes more difficult than they first thought?

They're expecting it to do gang busters in China so they moved it to Chinese New year to give it more juice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vince MechMahon posted:

They're expecting it to do gang busters in China so they moved it to Chinese New year to give it more juice.

I wish China would stop encouraging bad filmmakers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

ToastyPotato posted:

Dunno about Phoenix because I haven't heard much (outside of it being delayed), but with New Mutants, a huge chunk of the movie had to be reshot because apparently Fox freaked out about the tone of the actual film vs. what was intended? Or something to that effect. I've heard everything from Fox wanted to add connections to some other X projects or something, or that Fox panicked at the reception of the trailer and wanted the movie reshot to meet people's apparent expectations. I think they either added, removed or significantly changed a character as well, IIRC.

WRT to Phoenix, I have always heard that it was mostly on schedule but was in limbo in general (reshoots are normal for big movies), not that it needed massive work.

I didn’t have high hopes for New Mutants but jeepers reshoots rarely bode well

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

It's Robert Rodriguez.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

It's Robert Rodriguez.

I think that's what he's saying. His best work is far behind him at this point it seems.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pain and Gain wasn't that long ago and is Michael Bays finest work.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It’s sad that movie is considered his greatest work considering it’s both not very good and as usual for Bay in poor taste. Making jokes out of real life tragedies is worse than making jokes out of stupid robots.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Michael Bay's best movie is The Rock anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Michael Bay's best movie is The Rock anyway.

I don't know why I always forget about the Rock!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

It's earlier in his career and at this point has been completely buried under a large resume and the bad reputation that goes along with it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The first Bad Boys movie is also good. His filmography is weird because he's slightly less prolific than you'd expect. He did Bad Boys, The Rock and Armageddon in quick succession right after one another, then he did Pearl Harbor as his big bid for a prestige picture (there's probably an alternate timeline out there where that movie got better reviews and he won an Oscar for directing it), then there's Bad Boys II, then it's almost nothing but Transformers pictures for a decade with Pain & Gain tucked in between two of them.

Pain & Gain was written by Markus and McFeely, who have subsequently/also written all the Narnia movies, all three Captain America movies, Thor 2, Infinity War and Infinity War 2 (forthcoming).

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 30, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

They wrote Thor 2? WTF happened? I had no idea the people behind the Cap movies also wrote that one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bad Boys is the only Michael Bay movie that's under 2 hours.

The Transformers films are a lot better if you realize the Autobots are the bad guys.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

I always think of it as a Bruckheimer film first, Bay second

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ToastyPotato posted:

They wrote Thor 2? WTF happened? I had no idea the people behind the Cap movies also wrote that one.

They either co-wrote with Christopher Yost or he wrote the first draft then they did rewrites or vice versa. Whichever way, their's are the three names Wikipedia lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

It’s sad that movie is considered his greatest work considering it’s both not very good and as usual for Bay in poor taste. Making jokes out of real life tragedies is worse than making jokes out of stupid robots.

Real life tragedies are the basis for every good story ever made.