Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I bought Black Widow IW, Elsa, and Dark Beast uniforms. And all the rest of the Gold ones just in case they open up options for better uniforms.

I enjoyed watching Elsa finally sweep an SL level on her own like I kept trying to do with her. Same with finally T2ing Kraven and letting him do it, too. I wish Mysterio did enough damage to clear a level on his own.

SL is annoying because I hate wasting the time finding out which dudes can and can't handle the level. It always takes me a bit to work up the will to start the slog. But the GUKs and Chaos Norns are handy. I haven't finished it yet, but I've gotten up to about 27 before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

STAC Goat posted:

I will not buy uniforms. I will save for Psylocke. I will not buy uniforms. I will save for Psyclocke.

If you have all the other necessary mats you can basically T2 her out of the gate if you're like, halfway through Deadpool

I think I got about 1500 back immediately, too? Enough to buy a non sale uni, at least.

Hopefully you can get her in the next 6 days right

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I've got Deadpool at 70/25/24/23/25 and enough mats for the T3 and the feather grind is real.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nah, I'm only at like 3500 and that's with buying the Heroic Quest box. It will be awhile for Psylocke. Hence the needed resolve.

I've had Deadpool stuck at 68 forever and can't get him to 70. I think I'm gonna give up on the 10.99% strategy and jut save for 100% or Psylocke, whichever comes first. I'm also close to having Fantomax ready for a T2 so tired of wasting feathers on failed rolls with Deadpool.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 1, 2018

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

STAC Goat posted:

Nah, I'm only at like 3500 and that's with buying the Heroic Quest box. It will be awhile for Psylocke. Hence the needed resolve.

I've had Deadpool stuck at 68 forever and can't get him to 70. I think I'm gonna give up on the 10.99% strategy and jut save for 100% or Psylocke, whichever comes first. I'm also close to having Fantomax ready for a T2 so tired of wasting feathers on failed rolls with Deadpool.

If you haven't bought Psylock yet, wait until there is a Crystal Sale Event. They are never worth it normally but if you were going to spend 6K crystals anyway, you might as well get some bonus rewards for it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always buy the Stark Stash, Its 5 bux and will get me enough crystals to buy costumes when they are on sale. And I won't buy costumes for charactrers unless they're t2. With exceptions of a few favorites.

I don't have any big ticket items, as I got t2 emma and Psylock, so I can jsut hoard them until we get some major event with costumes or at least Captain Marvel event. I'm actually surprised when the trailer dropped, they didn't have a special Uni for her based on the green suit. She sucks so much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Captain Marvel's ok with the old school uniform. Nowhere near top tier but she was big for me before all these other big wigs came along or everyone got the Infinity War upgrade.

Her movie upgrade will almost certainly take her up there, make her Level 70 and probably T3 eligible, give at least 1 new costume if not 2 in her green and red suits from the movie. Then she'll be one of the big guns. But that's still a long ways away.

I've bought the Stark Stash a few times when I bought Bio Subs but I haven't felt the need to in awhile. I'm still waiting until there's a bunch of paywall characters I can grab all at once for the Bio Sub. I don't mind spending a little money on this game. Its worth the time sink compared to physical games I've bought. But I space it out. Christmas time, probably. A personal gift.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What’s the verdict on Hela? Working on leveling her for a good Universal female villain and I’m pondering buying her costume.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

costume makes her a lot better but shes not top tier or anything

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

With her costume she can solo low to mid levels of SL easily enough. I haven't bothered trying anything too high with her. She can survive in Alliance Battle Extreme, but only does okay at best. Still not good for Timeline if that matters to you at all.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Her costume also gets you bonuses from Legendary Battle. (There's a CTP if you get it to Mythic.)
And the Ragnarok set of costumes are part of the New collections for minor rewards.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm still about 20 cube fragments from my second T3 after Cap. Spidey's been ready on deck forever but now I also have Thor at 66 and climbing. I don't have either infinity war costume for them yet and I'm sitting in the high teens on every UBW due to apathy. Something like Valor 80ish and 5 more T1 universals to get to T2.

I like playing this game and collecting heroes because it's the next best thing since Marvel Heroes died but replaying close UWB failures, grinding up urus and better cards, and rolling for the perfect custom gear are all boring work and I generally don't bother. I'm tempted to just sit on the cube fragments and keep building up mats and getting people to 70. That way if T3 movie uniform Cap Marvel is useful as something other than an energy lead or they come out with the Fantastic Four or Silver Surfer or something I can pile the mats into them instead. My luck I'd boost Thor and the next week they'd announce some rad T3 universal and I'd be starting from scratch with cube frags and books.

Anyone have Black Panther to T3?

And I can confirm Hela is decent with the uni maxed for the CTP. I use her for high teens SL and as a world boss lead, usually for Nova with Thor or Valkyrie as the third for a team boost.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just realized all the Ultron uniforms are basically the same, they just grant bonuses against different classes, so it's possibly worth leveling them all so you can switch depending on needs.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

It's also worth not investing any resources into any of those uniforms because Ultron is kinda rear end. It's worth buying the uniforms, but I would definitely not level them. I like him in rumble in SL because his summon keeps dudes busy though.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

A surfing dog?! posted:

Oh man, I thought that was placeholder art for the new uni faces. That poo poo looks like it belongs in a coloring book.

Hawkeye is doomed to be poo poo tier forever.

I can’t believe how lovely those two new uniforms look. Like unbelievably lovely. I won’t buy them no matter how good the stats are....

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Lucky for you they're both really bad uniforms! They don't change their base skills at all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually am kind of tempted to break my Psylocke saving to get them just because they're so weird and cheaper and I'm worried they'll turn out to be exclusive items and matter later on.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I actually am kind of tempted to break my Psylocke saving to get them just because they're so weird and cheaper and I'm worried they'll turn out to be exclusive items and matter later on.

I don't think they've given any indication that they're only temporary, have they?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm a little confused,

these costumes loving own? Really curious what prompted them to make them though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I actually kind of like them purely aesthetically. At the very least I think its pretty cool what they were going for with the classic comic book actually illustrated look. Its different.

I think people are just annoyed that they aren't actually game changing costumes that make the character better. But like, Hawkeye sucks anyway so why not make him look like a cartoon for kicks?

Zokari posted:

I don't think they've given any indication that they're only temporary, have they?

I just read the notes, and no, it sounds like they'll stay cheap after this sale. I just never saw a notice on them and noticed them randomly when looking at costumes so I didn't know what to think.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They need to split costume skills from costume appearance. They can still be linked for purchasing, but after that let me make my character look they way I want them to without hurting their effectiveness.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I can live with the trade off of accepting a certain look if I want the benefits. But I'm still a little sore some of my people have costumes i think look stupid just for the buffs.

But them's the breaks, I guess.

Once everyone's at Level 70/T3 I imagine it will get to be less of a big deal. T3 Lady Cap is a beast in ABX even without the Infinity War costume that made him a beast at T2.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Once everyone's at Level 70/T3 I imagine it will get to be less of a big deal. T3 Lady Cap is a beast in ABX even without the Infinity War costume that made him a beast at T2.

There's probably going to be Double Ultra World Boss mode or something by then

E: just got around to finishing the story mode and not sure what to do with my Free Blue Marvel

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 2, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Work him up and start farming his bios in the Lab because he's a bad rear end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really, really hope eventually they make Cosmic Cube shards a little more common. Right now they're so insanely hard to get.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH MYSTERIO IN THE UPCOMING SPADER MANS FILM

https://twitter.com/MCU_Tweets/status/1046529953712541701

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Keke T3 Rey Mysterio Gyllenhaal now! TIA

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

lol looks like I'm not passing the Heroic Mission in time due to a very bad string of "not getting Hidden Routes" (and no tickets to force it) and I'm on the part that needs 6 WB clears. What happens when the time runs out in this case?

Also, anyone play this on a Samsung S9? Almost every time I try to do a team swap it thinks I hit one of the system buttons and minimizes the game. I never had this problem on any other phone.

e: vvvv ah hell, that would have helped. Oh well

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 3, 2018

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
There’s an alliance donation event currently. Double tokens, and you can buy hidden tickets from the alliance store.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Man I hope Gambit isn't locked behind the x-gene thing sub too

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

A surfing dog?! posted:

Man I hope Gambit isn't locked behind the x-gene thing sub too

its gonna be that or emmawall

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

or heroic quest to screw over everyone who starts a different one before he gets released

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

lol looks like I'm not passing the Heroic Mission in time due to a very bad string of "not getting Hidden Routes" (and no tickets to force it) and I'm on the part that needs 6 WB clears. What happens when the time runs out in this case?

You get offered to extend the timer by paying crystals.. or else it finishes off what you have left for crystals, I forget which. There's probably specifics from the first week on the reddit or maybe this thread somewhere.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought the 4bux box for 600 crystals. Eh? I don't think that's worth it.

I'm hoping Gambit comes with Nightcrawler, Jubilee and Dazzler. They seem like the few remaining major Mutants not in yet.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Basically it's a little cheaper than the 1100 crystal pack for :10bux:. I don't mind picking it up because I am saving up for some Psylocke action.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Isn't it $2.99 for 600 crystals? That's a much better deal than 1100 for :tenbux: with the downside of only being able to get it once in a while.

e: Boy am I screwed on M'Kraan Crystals of all things, feels like Psylocke's never going to hit T2.

Also I can't remember the last time I saw a uniform XP chip, what gives?

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 4, 2018

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Isn't it $2.99 for 600 crystals? That's a much better deal than 1100 for :tenbux: with the downside of only being able to get it once in a while.

e: Boy am I screwed on M'Kraan Crystals of all things, feels like Psylocke's never going to hit T2.

Also I can't remember the last time I saw a uniform XP chip, what gives?

Are you doing shadowlands every week? Levels 20(?)+ drop a bunch of them

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

plainswalker75 posted:

Are you doing shadowlands every week? Levels 20(?)+ drop a bunch of them

I haven't tried to push hard past 15ish because around there things start getting real fucky

e: VVVVV I really should be looking in the shop more often

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 5, 2018

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you can buy those in the alliance shop this event too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

I buy all my uni chips in the lab store. If you keep updating you can get a bunch of them.