Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Finally, the perfect centerpiece for anyone's Alien collection

https://twitter.com/GwynCampbell/status/1043387319632289792

You know what I would really like to see? A face hugger actively humping a woman's face.

Oh yeah? Why, today's your lucky day kid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is somebody's fetish and they're going to absolutely ruin that realdoll once they get it

Jackapol
Sep 16, 2007
Huh huh buhhh.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The facehugger would have fallen off dead long before the embryo alien would be mature enough to push through the chest, sheesh.
:goonsay:

Really that's not bad, still kinda bordering on sex doll creepy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
... The chest is her breathing I thought.

:yikes:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I managed to find the four classic Mattel ghostbusters with the build a thingy. If anyone wants em let me know.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I've gone Wolverine-crazy.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

davebo posted:

drat, that’s badass.

I need to find something cool like that to do with my Sentinel and other BAFs. I have like 10 of them, primarily from the Toy Biz era, that I scooped up on eBay several years back for like $150 including 2 Apocalypses and 2 Galactuses (Galactii?).

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Guy Goodbody posted:

Just kinda realized no one has made a cheap face hugger eye mask.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

davebo posted:

I can't decide if I want that Sentinel or not. I have the SDCC one and this one just feels kinda redundant. Sure the colors are a bit more accurate but the sculpt leaves something to be desired.

Does it still have the goofy electronic talking component?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Cocks Cable posted:

Does it still have the goofy electronic talking component?

It does. I don't know if it was intentional or not but the head plastic isn't super thick so when you press the button to speak, instead of just the eyes lighting up, the whole head kind of lights up. Granted I won't be trying to make it speak in the dark very often but I found it odd.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got this. My sweet lord. Here’s a pic before I go all Bespin Carbonite Chamber on it lighting wise

I didn’t even know this existed. I knew HT made a Vader and I wanted one, but I never thought I’d have a chance. I guess this just came out but I really didn’t have any knowledge of it. Also it being the ESB version is just the best. The base and lights are incredible.

I got issues, but mostly with the hands. The pegs are real small and hard to swap. The helmet kinda falls off too easily. And the batteries were insanely hard to put in and took maybe 45 minutes.

Other wise, it’s amazing. I’ll pick up Jedi Luke if I ever get the chance, but I chose this due to if I’m gonna get one Star Wars HT, it has to be Vader.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Anora posted:

Just kinda realized no one has made a cheap face hugger eye mask.

Cheap, no?

https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Face-Hugger-Costume-Accessory/dp/B002ESZFIS

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

My buddy has a friend at work that did up his respirator as a facehugger. The bellow bags are the pouches, so they even inflate/deflate. Kinda amazing. I'll ask him to get a pic/video.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

And the batteries were insanely hard to put in and took maybe 45 minutes.

It's even better when there's magnets near where the batteries go, like on some Iron Man figures.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Holy moly I just got anxiety

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saw on assorted social media that Walgreens is getting an Emma Frost and Infamous Iron Man exclusive at some point. Original source seems to be reliable and has broken stuff in the past.

A different guy says he hears Emma's got a black costume in this one, so probably the Marvel Now? She had a black costume for Dark X-Men too but that was a long rear end time ago to be getting a figure now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Wasn’t Emma the Black Queen for the Hellfire Club when first introduced?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Holy poo poo I want an Infamous Iron Man

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Wasn’t Emma the Black Queen for the Hellfire Club when first introduced?

She was the White Queen. As far as I can remember, she's worn black 3 times. Dark X-Men, Marvel Now, and at the end of Death of X for like one page. They got rid of that costume by her next appearance.

I watched one of the guy's videos and he said he thinks it's most likely neither of the costumes exactly as they are in the comics, and probably some kind of variation in black of a regular white costume Emma that will come out sometime later.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Poor Emma is cursed to never get a proper satisfactory figure. The 1st was abysmal, one of the worst figure Hasbro ever made. The 2nd was the barest of bones, rather difficult and expensive to get a hold of because of awful distribution, and has out dated frustrating articulation. And now this 3rd release has a black costume she never wore. I'll forgive Hasbro if it ends being just a deco swap of a white costume she actually wore and the white version is coming out in the regular X-Men line.

Also annoyed at the originally rumored Dr. Doom becoming Infamous Ironman. Would greatly appreciate a classic Doom done right.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I mean, it's all rumor. No one has seen the figure so everyone getting all woe is me about a black costume is a bit premature.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fuzz posted:

... The chest is her breathing I thought.

:yikes:

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

I got this. My sweet lord. Here’s a pic before I go all Bespin Carbonite Chamber on it lighting wise

I didn’t even know this existed. I knew HT made a Vader and I wanted one, but I never thought I’d have a chance. I guess this just came out but I really didn’t have any knowledge of it. Also it being the ESB version is just the best. The base and lights are incredible.

I got issues, but mostly with the hands. The pegs are real small and hard to swap. The helmet kinda falls off too easily. And the batteries were insanely hard to put in and took maybe 45 minutes.

Other wise, it’s amazing. I’ll pick up Jedi Luke if I ever get the chance, but I chose this due to if I’m gonna get one Star Wars HT, it has to be Vader.

You're going to have buy the Emperor now that is out soon.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

You're going to have buy the Emperor now that is out soon.

Conversely you can just melt a grey-white candle and drape a black cloth over it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hey remember that Neko Busou thing with the cat figurines and weaponized cat carriers? My HLJ order came in the mail, and I obviously didn’t understand what I was actually paying for because I thought I was ordering a set of one each of the 4 basic boxes, and instead I received a case that has two each. I don’t need the second set, so I figured I’d give you guys first dibs before it goes to eBay.

Let’s say... $15 + shipping for the set of four?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

Hey remember that Neko Busou thing with the cat figurines and weaponized cat carriers? My HLJ order came in the mail, and I obviously didn’t understand what I was actually paying for because I thought I was ordering a set of one each of the 4 basic boxes, and instead I received a case that has two each. I don’t need the second set, so I figured I’d give you guys first dibs before it goes to eBay.

Let’s say... $15 + shipping for the set of four?

Pm sent.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Love this Kame-sennin. So much personality.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I thought I was ordering a set of one each of the 4 basic boxes, and instead I received a case that has two each.

Just to note in the future, most items packed like this, HLJ does not split up (though they did for these cats).

So yeah you’ll get the case always, which for Japan is usually 1 or 2 of every item.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone have the Marvel Legends yellow Daredevil and would be willing to part with the Matt Murdock head?

Conversely, would anyone want that yellow Daredevil but not care about the head? Because all I want is the head.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We all want head

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
It seems like a ton of people have just recently purchased the 1000toys Synthetic Human, and you can count me in along with them.

It's outstanding, I love this figure. And today I was able to get the photo I first envisioned when I ordered him.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

That's a great photo. Here's a crappy one I took because I spent too long trying to prop up the motorcycle and didn't light it well.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
As soon as I saw this shelf, I fell in love with it, but I couldn't justify the $100 it usually sells for. I think Rhyno posted a 15% off eBay code a while back, so I finally got a good deal on an open box item.

But I sat on it for the last few months, trying to get through an extremely high-stakes, stressful work project, and yesterday I finally wrapped that up (which is good, because it's due tomorrow). There was no point in continuing to wait, so...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You should turn DD around to face the wall.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Pretty cool, though the posting is kinda terrible. At least flip Cap's shield around, man.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

You should turn DD around to face the wall.

:lol:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

ShimSham posted:

It seems like a ton of people have just recently purchased the 1000toys Synthetic Human, and you can count me in along with them.

It's outstanding, I love this figure. And today I was able to get the photo I first envisioned when I ordered him.

Are those easy to get a hold of? I've been looking for a decent poseable drawing model and have seen these among the list of good options.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Pick up your Steve figure today!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Nice pic of evil steve