Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The GOG version fixes the map issue, according to pc gaming wiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I had the Origin version wich still needed the multi thread fix but it seems that GOG version is fine and for 3€ I got it there. Installing now since I always wanted to give it a go!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

THE BAR posted:

I keep thinking Emergence is that new thing they made, on Kharak.

I keep thinking it’s something new.

Cataclysm/emergence and Deserts of Kharak both fuckin’ own, though. Does the GOG version of Homeworld and Cataclysm come with PDF’s of the manual? Because it would be worth it just for that. The Homeworld manual was a favorite shitter read for me for a long time.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

I liked Cataclysm more than Homeworld (and 2 for that matter).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I feel like one’s preference for Homeworld vs Cataclysm mostly comes down to one’s preference for a mythical hero journey vs a grounded (The Blob/Thing in space aside) underdog(s) hero story.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Guillermus posted:

I had the Origin version wich still needed the multi thread fix but it seems that GOG version is fine and for 3€ I got it there. Installing now since I always wanted to give it a go!

One thing I learned when I first booted in up is there’s no graphic settings in the game menu. You have to go into the folder and launch the graphic setting option from there.

Looks real nice though and I like the black and white setting that gives way to color as you liberate Paris.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kibayasu posted:

I feel like one’s preference for Homeworld vs Cataclysm mostly comes down to one’s preference for a mythical hero journey vs a grounded (The Blob/Thing in space aside) underdog(s) hero story. ”This is the Warship Kuun-Lan”

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

We... Will... Not... Be... BOUND!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Guillermus posted:

Most important thing to do in Saboteur: The first time you spot a cow, go up to it and punch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fblNjrQqzpc

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Nobody will probably be as excited as I am, but I don't care:

WIZARDS AND loving WARRIORS!!!!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Lodin posted:

Most important thing to do in Saboteur: The first time you spot a cow, go up to it and punch it.

I've been playing Saboteur for years; probably not as it was intended to though. I got it from Origin but didn't start "seriously" playing until I got it also from GOG. I've never finished it.

I'm probably half way through the main story, or more, and I'm just content driving around, exploring Paris landmarks and blowing up Nazi bases and blimps.

Then at some point the whole of Nazi army is on my tail and I get killed losing most of what I'd done, so I get to do it all over again on my next play session, probably a month later or so.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

Nobody will probably be as excited as I am, but I don't care:

WIZARDS AND loving WARRIORS!!!!

The absolute maniacs. Was about to post this with as much excitement. No more wasted hours fighting with a win98 image woo

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Chubby Henparty posted:

The absolute maniacs. Was about to post this with as much excitement. No more wasted hours fighting with a win98 image woo

I actually found a version on a pirate site that I was able to get working on Windows 7x64, but it was a lot of work. I don't feel bad about pirating games that are not for sale anywhere.

Once GOG brought back System Shock 2, I always knew that there was a chance that they would get W&W, but I was smart enough to not get my hopes up. Yay!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go make an anthropomorphic elephant mage.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

..Why is my GOG in German.

Logging in fixed it, but erh, sure.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

THE BAR posted:

..Why is my GOG in German.

Logging in fixed it, but erh, sure.

It detected your German heritage, obviously.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I thought people were flipping out about the NES platformer that looked like this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizards_%26_Warriors#/media/File:Wizards_%26_Warriors.png

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Skwirl posted:

I thought people were flipping out about the NES platformer that looked like this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizards_%26_Warriors#/media/File:Wizards_%26_Warriors.png

I played this game and the sequel, which had Fabio on the cover.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
These flash sales seem extraordinarily underwhelming.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

These flash sales seem extraordinarily underwhelming.

Wait until it's nothing more than Jack Keane 2.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Angry Lobster posted:

Wait until it's nothing more than Jack Keane 2.

I still remember that. That's like a GOGs greatest hits. Along with... some borked announcement? They said they were closing up shop or something, I misremember. Good times.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I kind of feel bad for the developers who worked on Jack Keane 2. It must hurt to spend months working on something that then becomes a running joke of undesirability.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

If you don't mind parting with a buck twenty, the original Tropico looks pretty ugly but has a real good soundtrack as a free goodie.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

doctorfrog posted:

If you don't mind parting with a buck twenty, the original Tropico looks pretty ugly but has a real good soundtrack as a free goodie.

It’s still a pretty decent game, too. It aged relatively gracefully and the UI and all that isn’t terribly obtuse, which is where a lot of poo poo usually ends up becoming unplayable.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
If you were having mouse lag and/or other issues on Windows 10 with the newly released Wizards and Warriors, a patch is out.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lodin posted:

:laffo:

My wife was around when I first launched the game and guess what? French boobs. We had a laugh because is one of these moments. The game looks really cool even in 2018.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Guillermus posted:

:laffo:

My wife was around when I first launched the game and guess what? French boobs. We had a laugh because is one of these moments. The game looks really cool even in 2018.

The game came out at a weird time where selling the uncensoring of those boobs as DLC was a-okay. I think that "DLC" is included in all the digital versions now, hence boobs. It really is a fantastic and vastly underrated game. It just got buried by other games that came out around the same time, namely Modern Warfare 2 and Assassin's Creed 2.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is only 25 bucks and comes with Shadow Tactics and Battle Chasers during the anniversary sale. That's way cheaper than it's been by itself and Shadow Tactics is good.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Sivek posted:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is only 25 bucks and comes with Shadow Tactics and Battle Chasers during the anniversary sale. That's way cheaper than it's been by itself and Shadow Tactics is good.

That is a good deal.

I voted for Shadow Warrior 2 to be the free game. I hope that it wins; I like that series.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
pls vote for Shadow Warrior 2, as a personal favor for me, forums user Ligament

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also, if you haven't checked the store yet, the following much wanted old games have been added:

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 (and That One Terrible ValuSoft Game Nobody Likes)

There's also Stellaris, but that's not old. It just smells like it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yay, about loving time with Infernal Machine.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Oh neat, I've been wanting to play Solider of Fortune without resorting to :filez:. Not sure why old Activision published games aren't digitally available other than them being assholes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Activism Blizzard don’t care unless you can put lootboxes in it or subscribe to it.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Awesome, no I can relive my pre-teen years of happily blowing limbs off of people. I also have a fond memory of playing the later levels set in Iraq just as the US was starting their 2003 invasion, here in Canada our main broadcaster actually had a countdown going

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Pretty weird that nobody (that I can think of) has really tried to use "realistic" damage model as a selling point since the SoF.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kennel posted:

Pretty weird that nobody (that I can think of) has really tried to use "realistic" damage model as a selling point since the SoF.

I guess you don't want a game to be treated like a murder simulator (since graphics are constantly improving). People care more for physics these days anyways.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I take it that Kingdom Come: Deliverance for $25 was a limited time thing? I'm seeing $48.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Casimir Radon posted:

I take it that Kingdom Come: Deliverance for $25 was a limited time thing? I'm seeing $48.
You need to buy it in the bundle with Shadow Tactics and Battle Chasers that's on the main page.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

You need to buy it in the bundle with Shadow Tactics and Battle Chasers that's on the main page.
Didn't see that, thanks. Don't know anything about the other two games but $25 is too good a deal to pass up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

They're both good. It's a v good deal. Battle Chasers is probably the weakest and it's still a good time