Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Somfin posted:

I can't even tell what they're meant to symbolise when conservative toons use them.

libtards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Alternate Delonas caption: Justice Train.

Jesus Christ that cartoon is disgusting.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

loquacius posted:

The thread absolutely hates Ted Rall; even I hate him because he is a compulsive liar and a no-talent narcissist hack who manages to sound self-obsessed even when he's arguing against American imperialism and who regularly changes his opinions to better feel superior to others because that's his main motivation

Oh, that reminds me: Latuff. I wouldn’t say I hate him, but his views are a perfect reverse weathervane. If America does something overseas, it’s bad, even if Latuff was demanding they do that thing last week.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Delonas' key defining feature is the complete lack of anything resembling love or joy in his dried-out husk of a heart so I'm not surprised he had that take or conveyed it in that fashion

Helluva thing to have to look at though :barf:

Jurgan posted:

Oh, that reminds me: Latuff. I wouldn’t say I hate him, but his views are a perfect reverse weathervane. If America does something overseas, it’s bad, even if Latuff was demanding they do that thing last week.

Been a hot minute since we saw a Latuff tho

I'd do a search right now if I wasn't about 40% sure that'd get a threesome cartoon plastered on my work PC

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Semi-related: Darrin Bell made several Kavanaugh cartoons as well

That Satan Elephant :allears:

Also this one I don't think has been posted:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like that Sean Delonas draws people he hates as lumpy, misshapen horrors, becaaaaaause

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Somfin posted:

I can't even tell what they're meant to symbolise when conservative toons use them.

An inexplicable and irrational hatred for men, particularly white ones.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Zero_Grade posted:

Same. They were a thing for like, a few days a year and a half ago, yet the worst of the rightwing cartoonists shove them in their cartoons on a near-daily basis, and probably will continue to do so until the heat death of the universe.

It's hilarious.

Remember Obama’s tan jacket? (I was going to say rainbow tie, but I think Lester made that up.)

Holy gently caress, that one’s terrifying. :stonk:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

"I'm a blackout drunk, surely everyone else must be as well!"

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

It’s the same thing as when they say poo poo like “soy boy”. They’re implying a lack of masculinity and their belief is that this is inherently a bad thing with no further justification needed.

Jurgan posted:

Holy gently caress, that one’s terrifying. :stonk:

More political cartoons need to zero in on this because this is exactly the kind of thing that victims have been saying about the GOP. It’s not about what Kavanaugh did in his past (although he should be held accountable) - it’s about the message they’re sending to men RIGHT NOW by defending him. Don’t worry rapists - the government will stand by you.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have been blackout drunk a few times in my life, and the first thing I do the next day is ask people what the gently caress I got up to. As it turns out, you actually can get blackout drunk without sexually assaulting people.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Somfin posted:

It's just supposed to symbolize that Democrats have adopted the feminists' vagenda of manocide

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I have been blackout drunk a few times in my life, and the first thing I do the next day is ask people what the gently caress I got up to. As it turns out, you actually can get blackout drunk without sexually assaulting people.

I've blacked out twice in my life and I am proud to report that according to witnesses the worst I did was be really loud and obnoxious followed by falling asleep on a rock in a field and waking up with sunburn on half of my face

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

It's just supposed to symbolize that Democrats have adopted the feminists' vagenda of manocide

We've also seen a few right-wing cartoons that use handmaid costumes to symbolize Stupid Libtard Protesters as well.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Pants Donkey posted:

We don't like any right-wing cartoonists at this point in time.

I checked out of this thread for the better part of Obama's second term, so: What happened to Eric Allie?

Not that we "liked" him, per say, but his style was pretty great and he had some fun ones

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
Wow, that Delonas cartoon is up there in sheer bad taste with the McCoy cartoon with Obama standing in an abortion clinic dumpster beating the medical waste bags with a baseball bat and saying “Just making sure.”

It’d make my top 5 worst cartoons for sure.

D.N. Nation posted:

I like that Sean Delonas draws people he hates as lumpy, misshapen horrors, becaaaaaause

Oh my god, it all makes sense.

HobbitGrease fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 1, 2018

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Real Name Grover posted:

I checked out of this thread for the better part of Obama's second term, so: What happened to Eric Allie?

He stopped doing national cartoons and got paid by some Illinois wingnut welfare think tank to draw cartoons solely bashing Michael Madigan. And I mean solely. I would say 90% of what he does for them is Movie That Just Came Out Reference + Michael Madigan Sucks.

That and ghostdrawing Prickly City are his output these days.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the progress of Brexit negotiations – Theresa May said she was the one ensuring Brexit could be delivered: ‘I do believe in Brexit, but crucially I believe in delivering Brexit in a way that respects the vote and delivers on behalf of the British people’" Also Britain to hold post-Brexit festival celebrating culture, sport and innovation, Theresa May announces

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Real Name Grover posted:

Not that we "liked" him, per say, but his style was pretty great and he had some fun ones

At some point he just starting running nothing but local Illinois cartoons complaining about the Democratic speaker of the Illinois house, Michael Madigan, so people got bored of posting him.

Before then I would agree he was one of the most talented right wing cartoonists, though.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

British toons are works of art.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

GyroNinja posted:

At some point he just starting running nothing but local Illinois cartoons complaining about the Democratic speaker of the Illinois house, Michael Madigan, so people got bored of posting him.

Before then I would agree he was one of the most talented right wing cartoonists, though.

I looked thru his archives but couldn't find the pretty great one where a kid Obama is walking a foaming-at-the-mouth Biden-dog while an Evan Bayh puppy looks out from inside the pet store.

Oh, those were the days. That and the weird strip with the busy Asian girl and the nerd who tried to prove evolution was bullshit with yu-gi-oh cards and started shilling for some pyramid scheme energy water or some poo poo

:unsmith:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Oh, and Bill Day. People in this thread hate Bill Day, but that's mainly for the art, not his opinions.

Ramos posted:

Wow, that might be the single best candidate I've ever seen for all around worst gaybie.

Pacra posted:

why even bother with gaybie awards now, that delonas wins all of them

what an rear end in a top hat.

Every single time someone says this, a worse one comes along in less than a week. Remember, this isn't even the first comic with the premise of "the Dems trying to investigate things is the REAL rape!"

We still haven't seen Garrissons take on that comic yet.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

fool_of_sound posted:

hahahahahaha

bwahahahahahaahahahahahah
This is for Branco what a bong is to Dials.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I bet Latuff drew a pretty good Devil's Triangle cartoon come to think of it

fool_of_sound posted:

hahahahahaha

bwahahahahahaahahahahahah

the democrats are attacking Justice with one of the fire traps from Mario 3's doom ships

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

loquacius posted:

the democrats are attacking Justice with one of the fire traps from Mario 3's doom ships

That’s it! I was trying to place that image.

Fulchrum posted:

Oh, and Bill Day. People in this thread hate Bill Day, but that's mainly for the art, not his opinions.

Day mainly fell out of favor because of his lazy self-plagiarism. “Mitt Romney is wearing state-shaped flip-flops, :haw:

Fulchrum posted:

Every single time someone says this, a worse one comes along in less than a week. Remember, this isn't even the first comic with the premise of "the Dems trying to investigate things is the REAL rape!"

It may not be the first one, but Delonas’s horrifying art makes it stand out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Real Name Grover posted:

I looked thru his archives but couldn't find the pretty great one where a kid Obama is walking a foaming-at-the-mouth Biden-dog while an Evan Bayh puppy looks out from inside the pet store.

Oh, those were the days. That and the weird strip with the busy Asian girl and the nerd who tried to prove evolution was bullshit with yu-gi-oh cards and started shilling for some pyramid scheme energy water or some poo poo

:unsmith:
That’s Mike Miller, who stopped because it was hurting his actual gig making real comics.

But Trump, the alt-right, and the comics industry currently dealing with its own gamergate have given him the confidence to be a shithead in public again. I don’t know if he’s doing political stuff again and, frankly, I don’t wanna know.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

420 Gank Mid posted:

Sean Delonas is an avant garde artist experimenting with "disgust" as a medium more than the drawing itself, pushing the human limits of grotesquerie

Truly the politoon thread lives up to this quote by Poe from The Masque of the Red Death:

quote:

There was much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
:nws: for hairy dino dongs https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1046882104376774662

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
not that I had a high opinion of delonas, or anything, but new loving low.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Real Name Grover posted:

the weird strip with the busy Asian girl and the nerd who tried to prove evolution was bullshit with yu-gi-oh cards and started shilling for some pyramid scheme energy water or some poo poo

But it did give us Smartephant and the rear end, which will far outlive its source material.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
In the face of the unrelenting awfulness of late, particularly on the Delonas front, allow me to crosspost this from the daily cartoon thread in BSS from the excellent "My Dad is Dracula (and a[TODAY's JOKE])" which despite being one-joke strip has somehow remained charming:

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 2, 2018

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

VitalSigns posted:

vagenda of manocide
Absolutely astounding name for an all-female black metal group right here.

loquacius posted:

I was going with "Branco got a bazooka and a flamethrower mixed up because he's very dumb", but I like this interpretation better.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Truly the politoon thread lives up to this quote by Poe from The Masque of the Red Death:

When did we ever have anything beautiful?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fulchrum posted:

Pope's Abbott.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HOLY loving poo poo DELONAS

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cat Mattress posted:

Pope's Abbott.

An inhuman shaved monkey creature in a speedo is your idea of beauty?

Ok, sure, whatever, I'm not gonna bad mouth someone cause of a fetish.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I made that long-winded post about being more politically active because of that really gross Kavanaugh cartoon a few days ago.

Then I see this today.

Somehow they raised the bar of what I thought was my disgust limit.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

I just noticed, off in the back. The elephant in the room. He's just standing there watching in terror, instead of taking any action to stop it. "Helpless"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Fulchrum posted:

This Bennett.

Or the "Roosevelts" arc. Which we are no longer allowed to post.