Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Guy Goodbody posted:

it's kind of a trip to watch a video of that guy and remember that millions of people think he's an important intellectual of our time

Dogs are so loving stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

it's kind of a trip to watch a video of that guy and remember that millions of people think he's an important intellectual of our time

What the gently caress, I initially read this as "carved OUT OF HIS OWN FROTHING FACE" and I was like, dude really doesn't like dogs sitting in his chair, god drat.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've been team anti-deer for a long while now and this just confirms that I was always right.

Do they actually ask that? Like is it indicative of something? I haven't used a non-mechanical pencil in decades because the sounds fucks with me too much and I'd rather use a pen even then.

Real noises is Indicative of Misophonia.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvs7rKOVBFU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Ommin posted:

Deer Hunter 2: Buck in Action

Deer Hunter 3: Dat rear end, Doe

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Real noises is Indicative of Misophonia.
And they can't really do poo poo for it. :(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/UkL0QMQ.mp4

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Moose on the Loose

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scratch Monkey posted:

Get a load of this tough guy not afraid of cursed totems

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Doctor Zero posted:

Moose on the Loose

The eyes say "what the gently caress are you gonna do about it, huh?"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lobok posted:

The eyes say "what the gently caress are you gonna do about it, huh?"

It's a moose so he's going to do jack and poo poo. You don't gently caress with a moose.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

You don't gently caress with a moose, the moose fucks with you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm not scared of moose. What's frightening about a dumb prey animal the size and weight of a compact car charging at you and slashing with it's sharp hooves, you know what....never mind. I'm scared of moose.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

My sister was bitten by a moose once

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I.ve had close encounters with moose, grizzlies, and black bears. They concern me in that order from most to least.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I thought black bears are more aggressive than grizzlies. Like, if you climb a tree they will climb up with you.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A lot of people who have never seen a moose think they're horse-sized

they're not

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Lowtax posted:

My sister was bitten by a moose once

But what were the symptoms?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Vietnamwees posted:

Your siblings are actually affected. Their sense of humor becomes derivative, unoriginal--completely outdated.

Really sad to see.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vietnamwees posted:

moose bites can be pretty nasty

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

The MSJ posted:

I thought black bears are more aggressive than grizzlies. Like, if you climb a tree they will climb up with you.

Black fight back. Brown lay down. Grizzly you’re dead.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Doctor Zero posted:

Moose on the Loose

"When life hands you a moose, make moose juice"

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Hope that moose hosed that dude up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jamesman posted:

Hope that moose hosed that dude up.

Bow hunting large game is pretty impressive.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

it doesnt look very impressive

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea it looks like trying to kill animals that can’t even comprehend what’s happening, purely to inflate your own ego.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
uhhhh or maybe to... eat... it??

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Regardless of everyone's super fascinating opinions on bow hunting I think we can all agree the moron who thought he'd drop a moose with a single arrow at point blank range was, in fact, a dummy that we can all laugh at

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

uhhhh or maybe to... eat... it??

That's a bull moose in the picture, assuming you can kill it what are you going to do with 700 pounds of raw moose? You only eat around half that over an entire year so I hope you and your family enjoy the taste of moose.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Regardless of everyone's super fascinating opinions on bow hunting I think we can all agree the moron who thought he'd drop a moose with a single arrow at point blank range was, in fact, a dummy that we can all laugh at

Yeah I don't think it's even possible to get a kill shot with an arrow on a moose, the heart's too far in and the skull is pretty thick too.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Absolutely.

However, morticians love hunters like that. They make HUGE overhead on those. Scoop whatever remains can be found into a baggie, closed casket viewing, done. None of this "embalming" or "makeup" or "force them into their favorite clothes that haven't fit in 20 years".

Kwyndig posted:

That's a bull moose in the picture, assuming you can kill it what are you going to do with 700 pounds of raw moose? You only eat around half that over an entire year so I hope you and your family enjoy the taste of moose.

850-1500lbs. They are deceptively huge. But yeah, point stands that's a lot of animal.

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014

RCarr posted:

Yea it looks like trying to kill animals that can’t even comprehend what’s happening, purely to inflate your own ego.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Proteus Jones posted:

Absolutely.

However, morticians love hunters like that. They make HUGE overhead on those. Scoop whatever remains can be found into a baggie, closed casket viewing, done. None of this "embalming" or "makeup" or "force them into their favorite clothes that haven't fit in 20 years".

850-1500lbs. They are deceptively huge. But yeah, point stands that's a lot of animal.

It's a bit like shaping a meatloaf, only instead of arranging mush on a pan, it's inside a coffin with half a tuxedo draped over it and Mr. Potato Head face parts stuck on.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

That single tear drop just says it all...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Proteus Jones posted:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dear lord what is it that compels goons to form strong opinions on things they don't actually care or know anything about.

"can you eat that much meat by yourself in a year" is not a metric used in determining whether an animal is appropriate game.

And you can absolutely safely and humanely kill a moose with an arrow.

Guy in the gif didn't though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

if you get it in the heart, it should drop in like a few steps, problem is he's a few steps away