Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Banana Fish post.
I'm watching the 11th episode right now, and I'm thinking of dropping it already. In reality I lost interest some episodes ago. I dislike MC's treatment in the narrative.
-He is so pretty, everyone wants to gently caress him.
-Look at him, he is so badass! No one can stand against him.
-He has a sooo tragic past, pity him.
-He is like a wild animal, untameable, always looking for freedom and always dangerous. Rawr.
-He is so smart, too!
-He is like a king for his gang, they love him and fear him. He is so charismatic, despite being so young.
-He is so much a bad body, but still has a vulnerable core and will risk everything for the people he loves. Ohh.

Etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Banana Fish post.
I'm watching the 11th episode right now, and I'm thinking of dropping it already. In reality I lost interest some episodes ago. I dislike MC's treatment in the narrative.
-He is like a wild animal, untameable, always looking for freedom and always dangerous. Rawr.
-He is so smart, too!
-He is like a king for his gang, they love him and fear him. He is so charismatic, despite being so young.
-He is so much a bad body, but still has a vulnerable core and will risk everything for the people he loves. Ohh.

Etc.

That post just makes me want to watch banana fish.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Banana Fish is concrete noir, which makes me dread a live-action version not done film noir.

e: Starlight needed another 35 episodes and a budget and David Cage doing punch-up on the writing while on French acid.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 30, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

e: Starlight needed another 35 episodes and a budget and David Cage doing punch-up on the writing while on French acid.

there are several things wrong with the basic concept of this sentence

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the last thing revue starlight needed was rape fetishism or a more dragged out narrative

as for budget, that isnt how anime production works

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

I don't think anything needs nonconsensual Ellen Page nude scenes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the giraffe would have just been a black guy because david cage thinks a talking black guy is as inexplicable as a talking animal

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

...why David Cage?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Banana Fish post.
-He is so smart, too!

Etc.

If you've made it 11 episodes that means you like it

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

David Cage sucks poo poo op

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

David Cage sucks poo poo op

no see it would be hilarious if david cage wrote it and it was a terrible mess because then we could all laugh ironically

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean Toei already did a way better android story than David Cage this year so let's not let him near any anime okay

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean Toei already did a way better android story than David Cage this year so let's not let him near any anime okay

Appmon finished last year though?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Speaking of androids, Beatless finished and the last four episodes are good. I especially enjoyed Lacia revealing she used her super intelligence to build a lightsaber just to shank Methode with when she got a chance.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Slime dad tomorrow, I've never read the manga but people seemed to like it a while ago so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's all about

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Banana Fish is concrete noir, which makes me dread a live-action version not done film noir.

this post.......ffucking sucks!

also

Sharkopath posted:

That post just makes me want to watch banana fish.
this

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Appmon finished last year though?

Precure this year!

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Turin Turambar posted:

Banana Fish post.
-He is so smart, too!

Honestly this does sound exactly like the poo poo I love. Formulas are formulaic but once you find your own you'll just sit there going "yeahhh! gently caress yeah! nice!" every time someone does it well. I used to hate Marvel movies before I realized this same poo poo applied to me but with bittersweet anime romances instead and now I just go "hey, gently caress it man, we all got our poo poo". Gonna start watching Banana Fish now along with the billion other anime that are right up my alley that I never knew about before

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/MrDorian71/status/1045731119935754240

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

Banana Fish post.
-He is so smart, too!

Etc.

You've convinced me

Ash Lynx is a good boy

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thunderbolt Fantasy still loving owns.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Double Decker is the adventures of Benedict Cumberbatch and a very stupid boy and it owns.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

First episode of Reincarnated as a Slime was good. I was a fan of the manga already, but the show has a surprising amount of budget put into it, including very arty stylized RPG mechanics bits that weren't shown off in the PVs. While Isekai adaptions are always kind of a hit or miss on how pervy they want to go, the source material is generally clean, and it makes interesting use of how "real world" RPG mechanics can be exploited.

Anyone who was a fan of Log Horizon will probably like it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Waffleman_ posted:

Double Decker is the adventures of Benedict Cumberbatch and a very stupid boy and it owns.

Extremely factual posts

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Lemon-Lime posted:

It sure does. S2E1 is out now and its a nice start. Someone should make a thread for it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Did they seriously make a show about that terrible Conception game?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gotta fix that birthrate.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface posted:

Did they seriously make a show about that terrible Conception game?

we've gone over this like six times they're rereleasing the game so the devs funded an anime

Waffleman_ posted:

this meme sucks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

The Colonel posted:

this meme sucks

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

this meme sucks

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sex? in anime?!

*quickly pulls out my standup set from 2011* BIRTHRATES

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

the meme will only die when the japanese unbreed themselves to extinction

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Captain_duck posted:

It sure does. S2E1 is out now and its a nice start. Someone should make a thread for it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870313

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, someone being isekaied into a world where he creates magic star children to fight monsters isn't the worst thing in the genre.

E: I also have a pretty good feeling this will be one of those anime that don't get simulcast but later on Sentai comes along and picks up the rights. Kinda like the Escha & Logy anime.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 2, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Decided to try Akanesasu Shoujo/The Girl In Twilight on a whim after a few twitter friends livewatched. Pushing some very mid-2000's Magical Girl-adjacent adventure show buttons. Definitely not gonna be AOTS or anything like that, but seems like a perfectly entertaining way to wile away half an hour every monday for a few months.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

IT'S A SONY

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the spyce may still be contained, but the slyme has been released!

and you can discuss it here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870324

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The gooniest last words ever: please...erase my computer...*dies*