Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
wrong thread

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tollymain posted:

anyway, i think were going to flash back to the year of training because iirc abbadon said the training arc was gonna be dark as hell

Sword training with Maya, yes. Martial arts training with her agender cop girlfriend, not necessarily.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao if you think allison managed to avoid maya taking her on as a student for one year

(yeah it could go that way im not super attached to this idea)

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

what sort of shape will mottom be in after a year

i hope she's ripped too

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

avshalemon posted:

i hope she's ripped too

same, but mammon

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Ages posted:

same, but mammon

each muscle bulge outlined with swords, like a bunch of dragon slayers decided to become acupuncturists

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
mammon still precisely as senile but the Count is of the reps he's doing with a barbell the size of a skyscraper

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
its real late to be mentioning this but I was reading back over the comic and did anyone else notice that Mammon uses some of the swords jammed in his neck to tie up his keychains? because that's loving awesome

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 2, 2018

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Operant now you're just taunting them.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1046879336811442176

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

so did she permanently abjure the incubus meth essence?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

so did she permanently abjure the incubus meth essence?

if coming to terms with your ambition by making love to it counts as that then sure

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
incubus just gave allison's ambition a kick-start and put it in charge of her actions

having accepted her ambition in an incredibly gay inner mind sequence, allison no longer seems like shes tweaking but i cant say for sure incubus didnt leave something behind 'just in case'

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I just want incubus in his sexy secretary outfit.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Incubus is literally named after a type of horrible demon that seduces women to lead them to a horrible end, there's no way there wasn't a catch or plan or something behind what he did. It might be subtler than we'd expect, though.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Roland Jones posted:

Incubus is literally named after a type of horrible demon that seduces women to lead them to a horrible end, there's no way there wasn't a catch or plan or something behind what he did. It might be subtler than we'd expect, though.

I think this was the catch? Like, he wanted an effective and efficient Alison, and that means one who has taken charge. This alison seems better able to manifest a propper crown, so this is presumably his plan?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Allison being swole enough to carry through on her promise to loving kill him if he screwed with her, but he's already in her head.

maya pops up behind incubus "whatchu think about death, boi?"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my prediction is that incubus left some kinda backdoor but when he tries to use it allison will either shut him down on the spot or break free of the connection p quickly

and then kill him herself, for trying to gently caress her over

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Incubus seems to want to shake up the old order so he and his buddy Jag can kick some rear end and take over more of creation. Helping Allison get started on her path to royalty probably looked like a great idea at the time but I think whatever traps or back doors or whatever else he has going on are going to blow up in his face.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Grognan posted:

Allison being swole enough to carry through on her promise to loving kill him if he screwed with her, but he's already in her head.

maya pops up behind incubus "whatchu think about death, boi?"

Maya's currently doing Middle Army Episode 2 right now, he's going to have a loving stroke when she takes the Pursuers in to kill him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I’m pretty sure we already saw the horrible twist in Incubus’s gift. Al-YISUN was just kingly enough to rebalance herself and make that power truly her own.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Darth Walrus posted:

I’m pretty sure we already saw the horrible twist in Incubus’s gift. Al-YISUN was just kingly enough to rebalance herself and make that power truly her own.

You're probably right but I still think there's something else he did, and he's gonna regret all of it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

wiegieman posted:

Maya's currently doing Middle Army Episode 2 right now, he's going to have a loving stroke when she takes the Pursuers in to kill him.

The pursuers are like a herd of cats. absolutely impossible.
she's going to tag along until they naturally come about incubus then shell be 'hey boi i like my seat cold'

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I still think that Incubus is playing a game where he sends Alison to Jagganoth and one kills the other and he has some plan to swoop in

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shugojin posted:

I still think that Incubus is playing a game where he sends Alison to Jagganoth and one kills the other and he has some plan to swoop in

doubtful considering the demiurges are heavily implied to fear his power. just a giant elephant man heavily breathing down their necks, waiting for them to gently caress up.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The pursuers are like a herd of cats. absolutely impossible.
she's going to tag along until they naturally come about incubus then shell be 'hey boi i like my seat cold'

No, she’s going to offer him some noodles, and he’s going to interpret it as some elaborate assassination attempt and keep trying to bring her down until she kills him by accident.

The Middle Army is a thing of the past. Noodles are the future.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
If Incubus thought he could control Allison, he is an enormous idiot, and she will kill him after painfully breaking his trap.

Incubus thought he could control Allison.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

avshalemon posted:

i hope she's ripped too

Ages posted:

same, but mammon

This is basically going to be how the comic ends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Mimesweeper posted:

Incubus seems to want to shake up the old order so he and his buddy Jag can kick some rear end and take over more of creation. Helping Allison get started on her path to royalty probably looked like a great idea at the time but I think whatever traps or back doors or whatever else he has going on are going to blow up in his face.

Jagganoth's made no secret that his goal is extermination rather than conquest. I think Incubus is driven more by an inferiority complex he's trying to prove he doesn't have: by teaming up with Jagganoth to set off a new universal war, he can prove he's strong enough to be a legitimate demiurge when he doesn't get annihilated by the other demiurges/the Successor/the invincible, genocidal elephant man.

Which makes me think he doesn't have a back door, because that kind of underhanded trickery is an Incubus strategy, and the insecure man tries to be what he's not. He's gonna fistfight a hurricane because he can do whatever Solomon David does.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I agree with the idea that Incubus doesn't have a back door. Or rather, I think his back door is "I gave you literally exactly what I promised to give you, I have done nothing to hurt you and everything to help you claim the throne. Killing me would be stupid." And this may actually work! Allison is going to hesitate to murder someone who's dealt with her honestly and seems fully prepared to step aside when she beats Jagganoth.

Meanwhile, he's been completely straightforward with Jagganoth too: He told the Red God that he expected the heir to put up a fight. Incubus is playing the two apocalyptic threats straight, it's everyone else he's lying to.

You have to admire how terrible his strategies are, though it does make sense: He's clearly not very powerful as demiurges go in a physical confrontation, but he also is clearly uniquely capable of projecting himself into minds. Sending one huge dangerous idiot to murder the other huge dangerous idiot sounds like his specialty.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CMS posted:

If Incubus thought he could control Allison, he is an enormous idiot, and she will kill him after painfully breaking his trap.

Incubus thought he could control Allison.

Poor Incubus, killed for being the wrong kind of idiot.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

White Coke posted:

Poor Incubus, killed for being the wrong kind of idiot.

I look forward to seeing the first Royal who successfully applies the furious dumbass approach to being a conniving trickster.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Incubus is probably just reading the papers and laughing everytime he sees Mottom and Mammon in the news beating the poo poo out of each other.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!
incubus is going to enter the tournament

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
sattou0 treatment when

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Fish Noise posted:

sattou0 treatment when

best i can do is

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wiegieman posted:

if coming to terms with your ambition by making love to it counts as that then sure

Better than making love with your ego I guess.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tollymain posted:

my prediction is that incubus left some kinda backdoor but when he tries to use it allison will either shut him down on the spot or break free of the connection p quickly

and then kill him herself, for trying to gently caress her over

Didn't Incubus get his key from Maya originally? Buy it or something? (could be remembering something incorrectly)

What if he unknowingly has some backdoor in his own mind that she left in there somehow only to reveal it during [dramatic moment]?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Didn't Incubus get his key from Maya originally? Buy it or something? (could be remembering something incorrectly)

What if he unknowingly has some backdoor in his own mind that she left in there somehow only to reveal it during [dramatic moment]?

Mammon bought his key, but I don't think we know the specifics of how Incubus acquired his.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

aegof posted:

Mammon bought his key, but I don't think we know the specifics of how Incubus acquired his.

Hmm. Don't mind me too much. Probably some crossed wires in there. *taps own skull*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The battle between Allison and Solomon David will be in the form of a posedown.