Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

rallycross exists and has done for like 30 years

but seeing nascars trying to run on gravel would be pretty entertaining

even the pace car spun out

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/1045714311556026368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

i need to find video of practice when somehow the 2 left the final chicane going left and fish tailed to the right and smacked head on into the outer wall

this was before he spun out on the inner loop during the race in a backup car and before he just didnt turn in turn 1 towards the end and just crashed

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also they actually cut back the length of the tire wall next to the final chicane after cars kept clipping it/driving through it

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/1046055090640105473?s=19

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Why all the NASCAR posts?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

syscall girl posted:

we have top gear that's worse than top gear

allegedly

grand tour and top gear USA are both worse than the uk top gear reboot after the first season

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Doom Mathematic posted:

Why all the NASCAR posts?

nascar tracks designed by elon musk and your uncle bubba

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

nascar tracks designed by elon musk and your uncle bubba

firetrucks loaded with tannerite parked across the track

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i visited my grandmother this weekend and brought her a camera as a present. she lives in BFE and has little to no wireless service. the instruction manual was nothing but a QR code.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Roosevelt posted:

i visited my grandmother this weekend and brought her a camera as a present. she lives in BFE and has little to no wireless service. the instruction manual was nothing but a QR code.

well what kind of instructions do you even need for a camera, just point it and push the button

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:thunk:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

fishmech posted:

well what kind of instructions do you even need for a camera, just point it and push the button

it's some kind of gopro knockoff and it came with about 15 accessories that do ???

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Roosevelt posted:

don’t worry, we have a long and proud tradition of carrying printers around here

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

also she's 88 yrs old and could probably use a reference even for point n shoot

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
even cell phone cameras have multiple settings and whatnot you can monkey with.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm getting some pretty good schadenfreude over that BART bill that Brown just signed (AB2923); the comments and press releases by local politicians are delicious

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nothing makes people angrier than the idea of new housing, especially “affordable” housing

which peninsula city has a literal ban on multi-unit housing?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
years ago, our crackhead mayor balked at the idea of having mixed income housing on the waterfront.

evidently living by the lake was only for those who had "earned it"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

nothing makes people angrier than the idea of new housing, especially “affordable” housing

which peninsula city has a literal ban on multi-unit housing?

probably palo alto

and yay a win for yimbys

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think i've seen apartments in palo alto. no guarantee that they weren't right outside the city limits though.

i would not be surprised to see that multi unit housing is banned in los altos, woodside, foster city, or atherton

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
They’re going to put those apartments in our parking!

If I wanted to see high rises (anything over 2 stories that’s also residential) I’d live in a city!

Local rights! State tyranny!

Etc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Strongest bet is Atherton, imo. I lived in a multifamily in pa

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
atherton’s prolly a better guess

but really it’s almost certainly all of the above - all you need to do is ask yourself whether any of those places have multi-unit housing that’s newer than like three decades

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

atherton’s prolly a better guess

but really it’s almost certainly all of the above - all you need to do is ask yourself whether any of those places have multi-unit housing that’s newer than like three decades

lol as if they have any housing not old enough to take full advantage of prop 13 et al

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

qirex posted:

sadly for a lot of designers that’s a normal experience
http://hoveringartdirectors.tumblr.com/

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FMguru posted:

:yeah:

its almost certainly going to be yospos book of the year 2018, all good possers should read it

as the unofficial ambassador of C-SPAM i can confirm it is literally the funniest loving book of the year

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

my bitter bi rival posted:

go away for 3 days and i come back to tesla getting subpoenaed by the sec and the judge from salo crying about how much he loves beer

same idunno wtf

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

except just keeping multiple things in mind *is* rather what people mean, and i think this research is the classic kind that is true but misses the point

effective mental timers and broad awareness of the world even when preforming talks does summarize multitasking to me

all psychology research is terrible, this is a thing confirmed by psychologists

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

also if you take ADD meds aka clean meth and fine that you have more interest in mundane tasks and an easier time concentrating

well yeah youre on meth. it does that

ofc my position on "well ADD isn't real anyway" is maybe we should make meth OTC then

you do not understand pharmacology or medicine

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Plorkyeran posted:

one day i will convince youtube that i do not want to "watch" this and it will stop putting it at the top of my suggested videos

i guess it's better than Libtard Cuck OWNED with Logic

I don't know what happened but my YouTube recommendations flipped from lowfi chillhop beats to nothing but videos of culverts and spillways overnight

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

lancemantis posted:

I'm getting some pretty good schadenfreude over that BART bill that Brown just signed (AB2923); the comments and press releases by local politicians are delicious

yay

but im also skeptical that BART leadership is on the ball to really take advantage of this

related: i'm bothered that the MTC is going to throw half a billion dollars at the lovely vendor (and only bidder, lol) that implemented the original clipper card system for the new clipper card system

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/9/25/17903310/clipper-card-contract-transit-fare-bay-area-tech

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

what you said doesnt make me wrong

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

qirex posted:

gavin newsom is the worst kind of richie rich charter school public private partnership neoliberal scumbag and he’s probably going to be president

I think we’ve all learned the past couple years just how much fewer less than catastrophic that actually is

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

nor do the people who decide which drugs are legal, though

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I don't know what happened but my YouTube recommendations flipped from lowfi chillhop beats to nothing but videos of culverts and spillways overnight

i clicked on a bunch of links in this thread and now all my recs are thumbnails of asmr people staring at me, thanks thred

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's the most that people will look at you all week so consider it an upgrade

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

what you said doesnt make me wrong

No but it seemed nicer than saying it outright

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

stop sharing an account with hph

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Soricidus posted:

nor do the people who decide which drugs are legal, though

adderall and methamphetamine are scheduled identically, you can be prescribed either of them and the penalties for unlawful possession are (at least in writing) the same

methamphetamine is very different from amphetamine

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-02/amazon-raises-minimum-wage-to-15-for-all-u-s-employees-jmrk3z14

quote:

Jeff Bezos blinked.

Bowing to political pressure, he announced plans Tuesday to raise the minimum wage for all Amazon.com Inc. employees in the U.S. and U.K.

Effective Nov. 1, the company will offer $15 an hour to more than 250,000 current employees along with 100,000 more seasonal workers who will be hired during the holidays, Amazon said in a statement. The hourly minimum wage in the London area will rise to 10.50 pounds ($13.60), and 9.50 pounds in the rest of the U.K., affecting some 37,000 current and seasonal employees, according to a separate statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
the best part is that you know he thinks hes being super magnanimous when labor are like 'cool thanks for finally doing the bare loving minimum'