Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
So I'm watching 7 News because I like to stay in touch with how things are getting reported. Some cop got hit by a stolen car and the news are reporting it as the work of "The Southside Gang" a gang I've never heard of before but is apparently stealing cars to hit police officers with and it cuts to Tim Mander giving some law and order speech and hmm this looks familiar *looks at Victoria* Do media buddies fabricate gangs these days? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

If it tanks you'll have to liquidate your rear end sets

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I google Southside Gang and all the results are from the Daily Mail reporting on some Brisbane gang for some reason.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Southside gang are white aren't they?

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Anidav posted:

a gang I've never heard of before but is apparently stealing cars to hit police officers
absolute legends

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JBP posted:

Looks like it from the one known photo used by all these news sour es sourcing the same daily mail article which is once again reporting on some Brisbane gang for some reason.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
yeah looks made up to me

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/matthewlesh/status/1047010588520534016?s=21

☹️

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

yeah looks made up to me

This is it, this is what will make the LNP vote sky-rocket in inner Brisbane. A bunch of stock photos of teenagers and a police officer hit by a car.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's weird how as soon as ScoMo gets a media honeymoon a criminal gang appears in the news.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
A tabloid newspaper exaggerating gang activity? The day must end in y.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There is probably a direct correlation between gangs forming and the drive to get the LNP elected.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLr8VvF6rBg

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is a noice post.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

watching the four corners report on the drought and feeling guilty about getting excited about the climate change apocalypse and the opportunities it presents for me and my negev desert ghost boyfriend to revolutionise australian agriculture

those poor sweet farmers, those poor sweet calves :( i tell myself the farmers are probably really racist irl, but those poor calves

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Hello, cosmopolitan intellectual here to tell you why cosmopolitan intellectuals are bad and shouldn't be listened to.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Hmm yes, truly inner city cosmopolitans are unfamiliar with traditional concepts like a "big breakfast".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Those breakfasts both look good as gently caress but then again I'm JBP the master centrist.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

"classic liberal"

they all look like that, the same way that products for gamers all look like that

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Note the divide in the Inner’s bourgeois preference for a serviette.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Anidav posted:

So I'm watching 7 News because I like to stay in touch with how things are getting reported. Some cop got hit by a stolen car and the news are reporting it as the work of "The Southside Gang" a gang I've never heard of before but is apparently stealing cars to hit police officers with and it cuts to Tim Mander giving some law and order speech and hmm this looks familiar *looks at Victoria* Do media buddies fabricate gangs these days? :tinfoil:

Exclusive video of the Herald Suns attempts to talk about gangs in Melbourne and it's repeated failures

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Avocado Toast Meme - A Political Theory

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Alright boys we need to boot a Labor State Government from power. How do we do it?

I know lets get some photos of teens posing infront of money and say they are a criminal gang stealing luxury cars and running over police officers.

*2 weeks later*

Generic Liberal Opposition Leader: This government has a problem with law and order, furthermore ect ect ect.

- End L/NP Re-election flowchart -

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

loving hell, if you can show me an australian citizen and prove they've run over a police officer with a lamborghini i will absolutely vote for them for pm

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Don't worry, Matty Guy is trying his best to lose votes in bushfire regions of Victoria by complaining about escalating costs for stopping power lines from causing fires when they are broken and hit the ground.

Pretty well every expert and local government representative have slammed his comments

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I keep seeing Instagram ads for Asher Judah who is the Liberal in my electorate, talking about removing traffic lights at South Rd/Nepean Hwy & South Rd/Warrigal Rd, by lowering South Rd through the intersections, similar to the level crossing removals that have gone on in the Bentleigh area.

So I see the ads and my first reaction is "Oh that's a good idea!", then immediately followed by "what happens to those major intersections while the intersection is being lowered?", also followed by "how much would this cost? fix Punt Rd first"

But I can see a lot of people getting stuck on the first thought and voting Liberal

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

bell jar posted:

I keep seeing Instagram ads for Asher Judah who is the Liberal in my electorate, talking about removing traffic lights at South Rd/Nepean Hwy & South Rd/Warrigal Rd, by lowering South Rd through the intersections, similar to the level crossing removals that have gone on in the Bentleigh area.

So I see the ads and my first reaction is "Oh that's a good idea!", then immediately followed by "what happens to those major intersections while the intersection is being lowered?", also followed by "how much would this cost? fix Punt Rd first"

But I can see a lot of people getting stuck on the first thought and voting Liberal
the jews

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nah, too south for them, they're more in the Balaclava and North Caulfield area.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

You Am I posted:

Nah, too south for them, they're more in the Balaclava and North Caulfield area.
the jews

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

>Alright boys we need to boot a Labor State Government from power. How do we do it?

*I know lets get some photos of African teens posing infront of money and say they are a criminal gang stealing luxury cars and running over police officers.

>There are no African teens in Brisbane mate, thanks to JBP

*Oh.

*I know lets get some photos of poor white teens posing infront of money and say they are a criminal gang stealing luxury cars and running over police officers.

*2 weeks later*

Generic Liberal Opposition Leader: This government has a problem with law and order, furthermore ect ect ect.

- End L/NP Re-election flowchart -

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

You Am I posted:

nah theyre also in ormond / bentleigh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'Teenagers exist' is apparently the concept that makes old white people into fascists

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'Existence' is apparently the concept that makes old white people into fascists

Ftfy

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Scandaaaaaaaal

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Let's confuse the Victorian election issue with facts:

Based on Wikipedia, we have:

* 6 of 12 marginal seats are country/outer libs, of which 1 is a nat, 3 are under 3%, 2 vs green
* 8 of 20 marginal seats are country/outer labor, 8 are under 3%
* 3 of 4 greens/independent seats are under 3%, 1 is country ind, the others all 3 melbourne.

Back in June 2017, Fairfax was convinced ALP can lose because crime. The Guardian concedes it's an election-winning issue despite the large bullshit factor. And what a surprise, former police officers are Liberal candidates. Laura Norder always appears when they run out of ideas.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It scares me how quickly they can transfer the gang issue to QLD. It's interesting, you get a cop mate to say a gang might exist and suddenly:

It's basically a free +2 boost in the polls.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Anidav posted:

It scares me how quickly they can transfer the gang issue to QLD. It's interesting, you get a cop mate to say a gang might exist and suddenly:

It's basically a free +2 boost in the polls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmwhdDv8VrM

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
https://twitter.com/McNandos/status/1046973477176127491

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That can't be hygienic

• Locked thread