Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Dark Id posted:

That must be…
?!
Well, let’s not get too excited before we’re certain.
I think the middle portrait is supposed to be Keith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Xander77 posted:

I think the middle portrait is supposed to be Keith?

That does make a certain amount of sense, but if so, it's a mistake the game itself made. (Should be spoiler-free to watch, as the vid cuts off where we did, but I can't speak for sidebar vids)

The Dark Id posted:

You likely found somewhere to sleep for the night. Like you should go do.

THAT is that the fruit of months of experimentation and research into vampirism and occult arts has yielded?

Should be "They" and "what".

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zagglezig posted:

Should be "They" and "what".

The second sentence reads better if you just drop the second "that" and the "has yielded" at the end altogether.

I am the corrector now

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Episode XLI: I Warned You About the Stairs

Music: Atmosphere - Blow Up

The European section of the game has a lot more hopping between locations mid-chapter than the Asia section ever had. Whatever, we are done with the Bistritz's tomfoolery and moving onward to sorting out the Blue Castle's further issues for our new vampire buddy.

Let's take a look at our current stats before venturing forth. Alice and the gang are going to be getting some fuckin' cardio during this chapter. So I just wanted to see precisely how far we'd trekked before beginning the traversal through the Blue Castle.

In any event, let's get to it!

Music: Coffin Fetish

There's nothing new in the grounds outside the castle. Well... almost nothing new.

Wanderer Meiyuan is still hanging outside the gates trying to hook up with hot vampires like a weirdo. It occurs to me we haven't seen Keith's reaction to acupuncture. Not that we need it at all right now. But for completion's sake...

He's into it. Keith just kind of rolls with everything. I'd personally be a little bit more annoyed with a gross stalker joke character hanging out in my yard.

Anyway, do you remember that locked door to the west of the area that we ignored during our first visit? We're heading up there now as Keith has the key to unlock it. Keith would actually mention during the first visit that there's some bad news taking up residence in the tower here but we've got more pressing issues back in Bistritz to attend to first.

In any case, I hope you like climbing stairs! Cuz that's the rest of this dungeon! It's a five-minute walk upstairs to the top of this tower with three or four repeating maps the entire time. Gotta save money on those assets somehow.

Occasionally, usually every fifth or sixth screen, we'll get a reprieve from the stair climbing in the form of a side dungeon which usually holds some goodies. The dungeons are also just copied and pasted. There's like maybe four different map renders used for about two dozen screens on the way up this drat tower.

STAAAAAAAAAAIRS...

Music: NDE - Near Death Experience

Naturally, there are also random battles along the way to break up the monotony. Except... there are only 1.5 enemy types in the random battle pool. The Hollows from earlier and a mildly upgraded version of them called Dead Knight. And by mildly upgraded, I mean they'll waste 10 seconds casting Gale every time they get a chance to take a turn before killing them and they have twice the HP. The only two trash mob configurations are two Hollows and one Dead Knight or just two Dead Knights. You have no idea how sick I was of fighting these assholes by the end of this chapter.

Music: Coffin Fetish

At least one of the pit stop dungeons has a new item we can take a look at to break up the monotony.

Headgear is a +9 P-Defense and +2 SP-Defense accessory which makes it the best defensive err... headgear accessory available in the game thus far. We'll stick this on Alice. It looks padded and she is more than due for another fainting and slamming her head on the ground session here soon.

There's also another Lottery Ticket hidden among this... pile of rotting human skeletal bones. Really starting to get a real Nemeton Monastery underground vibe out of some of the cells, Keith. Is there something you're not telling us about the humble Valentine family that would NEVER attack its subjects...?

Six repeating screens later, we've got another jail cell lock-up to rummage through. This time we've got...

Reska -- the most anime of witches in all of Eastern Europe.

After what felt like an eternity (looking at the recorded footage, it took 14:37 seconds from the bottom of the tower to the save point at the top if you want any indication of how much was brushed past in the LP) we finally reach the top of the tower where Keith's uninvited guest is camping out.

This aura belongs too… Yes! I’m sure of it!
He’s inside…
Do be careful. He really did a number on me once.
Being punched in the nose is one way to chase away grogginess from two hundred years of slumber. Though, I would not recommend it.

The trio enters the chamber to find...

Yuri! You’re alive!

Wait. He’s definitely not his normal self!
You know him?!
Rmn… mn…
<shakes head> Not only know him… We’ve been through struggles of life and death with him. How on earth did he get to be like this?!
Fusing with a god.
Oh, right... That did happen, didn't it?
I feel as though there is a tale I am lacking context on for this situation.
Yeah... that's an understatement. Some other time.

Do be on your guard. He attacks very unexpectedly.
I offered him some tea and he tossed the cup out the window up there and then spin-kicked me out of the room. It was an unpleasant exchange. I quite enjoyed that tea set...
<approaches Yuri> Yuri? It’s me, Alice.
Nggnn… argg… unn… mmn…
He has every appearance of a human, but it’s as if he has lost his soul somewhere. In his present state, he is nothing but a maleficent monster.
I'd also recommend against standing downwind of him. His hygiene leaves something to be desired.
Yeah... If I had to guess, I'd say he's probably been wearing that ratty outfit for the last six months straight.
Ghastly.

Come on, kid… Did the Seraphic Radiance completely consume your soul…?
Yuri? Don’t you remember me?

Yuri stands up.

Music: Much Hatred Still Rankles

Huh?
I don't like where this is going...
You damned monsters… You’re here for mom, aren’t you?!
<runs in to defend Alice> Watch out!! Stand back!!

New Music: Thorn of Mind
(Menacing. Also it is barely ever used as a boss track so you should probably listen.)

Welp. This is happening now. Time to take on brain broke Yuri Volte Hyuga. I'm not sure if being out of it beyond a willingness to punch things and mommy issues are better or worse than being wheelchair bound and mumbling about Xenogears all day.

Yuri has been doing some off-camera grinding since we last saw him considering he is now sporting an impressive 2000 HP up from the mere 295 HP he was rocking last time we saw him back in China. Alternatively, absorbing a god's essence only gave him a 1700 HP bump? Seraphic Radiance clearly blew its load nuking Shanghai.

Initially, Yuri attacks about how you'd expect -- by punching and kicking things repeatedly. That said, Yuri is still freakishly strong and his boss fight combos will do upward of 125-175 damage, which is enough to either outright kill or send any of our party to critical status in two turns.

Obviously, this leaves Alice on full healing duty for the duration of the fight. But, before she gets slotted into her typical role, we'll have her quickly cast Holy Edge on Keith to give a Light elemental edge to his physical attacks. All of Keith's Rituals are Dark elemental affinity and that's not going to make the donuts against Yuri here. But a volley of Light augmented physical attacks put his damage output near where it ought to be if he could still use his Rituals to their full effect. In a pinch, Blood Sucker can be used to steal enough HP from Yuri to take Keith out of the danger zone if Alice is too busy healing Zhuzhen or herself at the moment to help out Keith. But mostly, Keith will just stick to stabbing his home invader repeatedly and hoping for the best.

Zhuzhen's Corpse Arm still outputs respectable damage in the 100-120 HP range. With Keith doing around 100 HP of damage and Zhuzhen doing not much more, we're looking at around ten rounds to take Yuri down. So we'll need to be mindful of Alice's sanity during this time. Also, there's one other kink to fighting against Yuri.

New Music: Reckless
(This is actually the Berserk version of this track. But hell if we'd ever hear it normally.)

After he drops to around 75% HP, he'll fuse into Death Emperor. Now the real fight begins.

Now Yuri's physical attacks are doing 120 HP minimal and can go up to 150 HP damage output, give or take. So we absolutely need to get anyone punch in the face by the former party member Devilman patched up immediately unless we want them to go down for good.

Death Emperor can also vomit a cloud of Darkness like he's reciting lines from a Kingdom Hearts script to cause around 100 HP of damage with Dark Messenger. Allegedly, Dark Messenger has a very rare chance to cause Death and OHKO someone. I certainly didn't prepare for such and it wasn't an issue but I could have just gotten lucky.

When Yuri is down to around 33% health, he'll cast Drain Wave on himself to buff his Special Attack damage output by 33% (read: Dark Messenger.) So now his clouds of darkness smog do around 130-140 HP of damage (160-170 for Alice.) So that's a touch worrying.

He's also got a second attack... also called Drain Wave, which actually will do something similar to what the name suggests. Namely, it will drain a decent amount of MP, around 30% or so, from the targeted party member. Enemies in this game technically have a limited pool of MP but he'll if a fight ever lasts long enough for that to become an issue outside maybe one or two cases. That aside, Yuri was kind of an idiot and decided to steal MP off of Keith -- the only party member barely using magic. Zhuzhen or especially Alice getting drained that much mana would have been way more of an issue.

All that aside, towards the end of this fight, Yuri will repeatedly cast the Drain Wave buff or MP steal which means Alice can potentially have a free turn to use Blessed Light for a bit of extra damage against Yuri. So that's nice.

Once Yuri is drained of HP, the fight abruptly ends. No Yuri losing consciousness or no-selling the fight or... anything, really. It just fades to black and...

Music: ENDS

Welp! Nothing about the scenario of having the girl you like dropping into your weird spectral soul palace graveyard can be a good thing...

Video: Yuri Boss Battle

Keith Valentine Portrait - No, Keith! You're not supposed to eat those!

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 29, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
On the bright side, this is cathartic for everyone involved. Between all the bickering, fighting monsters that would make Lovecraft blush, their weird first meetings whether it was Yuri creeping on an unconscious Alice or Zhuzhen paling around with a goddamn pervert or even how he had the hots for the colonel and is now casual friends with his son, you know these people have a lot of pent up emotions to work out.

The Dark Id posted:

Wander Meiyuan is still hanging outside the gates trying to hook up with hot vampires like a weirdo.

I offered him some tea and he tossed the cup out the window up there and then spin-kicked me out of the room. It was an unpleasant exchange. I quite enjoyed that tea set...[/i]

Second one is missing an html tag.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Quite fitting that our wayward hero is one of the most dangerous bosses in the game. The fight sounds like it could very easily go wrong, but possible to recover from, which makes for a tense fight.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly I think the bigger problem with the difficulty of the Yuri fight is that you don't have Yuri. Shadow Hearts doesn't even pretend to be balanced with it's relative party power, which I honestly find kind of bold and refreshing. They play up Harmonixers as something people are afraid of and Yuri reinforces that notion.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

grandalt posted:

Quite fitting that our wayward hero is one of the most dangerous bosses in the game. The fight sounds like it could very easily go wrong, but possible to recover from, which makes for a tense fight.

That's something that Shadow Hearts is very good at. It's not difficult like an SMT game, but in most boss fights you don't have a lot of room to screw around.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Well, I hope, for reasons obvious to Id and those of us who played the game, that the creepy acupuncture guy isn't so creepy with the last member.

"Creepy" may or may not be the word I'm looking for.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Keith just rolling with things is one of the reasons he's so great. He's several hundred years old, none of this (other than Yuri) is particularly surprising anymore.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

There's something appealing about the dumb grade titles on the score card. They're exactly the kind of thing kid me woulda obsessed over, like the animal titles in mgs.

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

The Dark Id posted:

Now Yuri's physical attacks are doing 120 HP minimal and can go up to 150 HP damage output, give or take. So we absolutely need to get anyone punch in the face by the former party member Devilman patched up immediately unless we want them to go down for good.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Keith just rolling with things is one of the reasons he's so great. He's several hundred years old, none of this (other than Yuri) is particularly surprising anymore.

I'm thinking it's more because he was woken up recently/confined to landlord duties rather than because he's been on every adventure under the sun. Joachim is older than him, and is bombastic and gay as can be.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So why is the science-magic wheat such a big deal that the American didn't want anyone to know

Maybe it was Amaranth?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Are Alice's Sanity Points ever going to make it to the double digits?

You'd think between the whacked out poo poo she experienced in Singapore and the six months working as an exorcist since then, she'd be a bit more mentally resilient by now.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

W.T. Fits posted:

Are Alice's Sanity Points ever going to make it to the double digits?

You'd think between the whacked out poo poo she experienced in Singapore and the six months working as an exorcist since then, she'd be a bit more mentally resilient by now.

According to an FAQ I just looked up, she won't hit even 10 SP until level 34.
By contrast at lv 34 Yuri is at 54 SP, Zhuzhen at 16 SP, and Margarete is 14 SP.

It would be nice if they gave her a large SP pool at certain story points to reflect the idea that she's getting more and more used to the weird poo poo going on around her, but eh, squishy mage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are a couple of permanent sp boost items, i think.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there are a couple of permanent sp boost items, i think.

There's also a few accessories that half SP usage.

Tazgirl18992
Aug 15, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

Welp! Nothing about the scenario of having the girl you like dropping into your weird spectral soul palace graveyard can be a good thing...

Still makes more sense than drakenguard 2s version of ‘go into someone head to fix poo poo.’ :colbert:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
The Dark Id, i'm sorry. i'm so so sorry

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Ok I instantly laughed at best girl

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mycroft Holmes posted:

You're not sorry, don't lie.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode XLII: Keep Digging

Music: Graveyard Moon

Welp! Nothing about the scenario of having the girl you like dropping into your weird spectral soul graveyard can be a good thing... But here we are and we're just going to have to roll with it.

Alice gets up and looks around.

A graveyard? How barren… This entire land mourns and suffers…
I have the overwhelming feeling like I am going to regret ending up here...

Alice walks further into the Graveyard and looks around again.

This must be…
...I have absolutely no idea, but I am definitely not a fan.

Alice can walk up to all of the Fusion element gravestones and investigate them. Their text is slightly different from when Yuri checked them out...
  • Fire - A faint bravery in the face of adversity remains within the consciousness living in the seal.
  • Water - A faint spirit of repentance remains within the consciousness living within the seal.
  • Earth - A faint hope for tomorrow remains within the consciousness living within the seal.
  • Light - The spirit of a mother’s warmth faintly remains within the consciousness living in the seal.
  • Wind - A faint trust in one’s companions remains within the consciousness living in the seal.
  • Dark - A longing for one’s father remains within the consciousness living within the seal.

But to progress further, we need to lead Alice over to the Four Masks. It's been quite some time since we've had to talk to these jerks (at least as far as the main plot confrontations go.)

Ho ho ho! Who’d have thought she’d come all this way to the mind’s darkness? You wish to sacrifice your body, your heart, your very life over to the lad?
OK. Could we possibly slow down for just a second here?
Who are you?
Bwa... ha... ha...! Are you not frightened by us? My, you’re brave for a little girl!
If we're being honest, you're just some floating masks. You're not even in the top five most intimidating things I've seen today alone.
Ho ho ho! We've got a sassy one here, I see.

We are the unconscious inside the boy. People call us Fear, Envy, Anger, and Hate!
Fear leads to anger...
Anger leads to hate...
Hate leads to suffering.
...Envy is a bit of the odd one out most of the time.

Yeh... heh... heh...! The boy’s soul you’re searching for is seeking death and preparing for it.

Tsk, tsk, tsk! Yes, retreating to the memories of his childhood. He earnestly seeks the escape of death -- a place with no suffering, where no one can hurt him.
He's certainly picked the right place.
Yeh heh heh! It'll save everyone so much time doing himself in here.

Ho... ho... ho...! So cute… Those who come here can find peace. One can join the consciousnesses of their dead mother or father. No need to continue life’s hard struggles. The lad is mistaken. Running away isn’t a bad thing. After all, each person cares about themselves the most.
Bwa... ha... ha...! What’s the matter? Your expression… are you upset?!
We may be the boy's subconscious, but don't think we cannot see things outside here. We see you prioritize yourself when you get injured, miss noble white mage. It's fine. Wouldn't want those stats to falter.
Yuri… <shakes head>

Yeh... heh... heh...! What a silly thing to say. Would you drag a poor soul who’s finally about to find tranquility back to the burdens of life?
That seems like, as you humans would say, a real dick move.
Tsk, tsk, tsk! My you’re an interesting girl! May I ask? To this soul who was unable to obtain his father’s protection or his mother’s affection… What exactly do you have to offer?
<looks down> I… I don’t know.
Ho... ho... ho..! The freedom of death -- a resting place for a soul. Are you saying there is something more this lad desires?
I don’t know what I have to offer Yuri. I just know that we can get through any hardship if we stay together.
Tsk, tsk, tsk! Missing your top DPS output, are we? Those battles dragging on a little more than you'd like these days, are they?
No! It's not that!
...Not just that!

Bwa... ha... ha...! And what do you want of the lad in return, for your devotion?
I want nothing in return. I just want to be with him.
Yeh... heh... heh...! You make me laugh. Unconditional devotion… No such virtue exists.
…On second thought, there is one. The incomprehensible behavior humans call “love”. But you don’t… not this soul?
You'd known him for what? A little over a month, tops?
Bwa ha... ha...! One month half that concluded half a year ago, no less!
Yeh... heh... heh...! Seems unlikely.

<nods>
Tsk, tsk, tsk! This gets more interesting by the minute! To hear such a silly statement…
…Very well. If you’re that determined, we’ll open the Gate of Self. The lad’s soul is inside.

Alice turns and to the gate to the north of the Graveyard and begins to walk away.

However!!
<stops walking>
Set one foot in there… and you must bear the lad’s karma with him. Even so, will you go? The Four Mask’s curse is binding. In return for opening the Gate, we will one day come for your soul.
Do not take this as some vague metaphysical mumbo-jumbo. Just to be clear, we will LITERALLY manifest in the material realm to claim your soul. Ask the lad about it. He can vouch for the validity of the claim.
I don’t care, as long as I can reach out to his soul.
Are you willing to sacrifice your own soul to rescue him? If so, proceed…

Alice walks away.

I did not wake up today think we would get a free soul to curse.
We don't sleep.
Tsk, tsk, tsk! You know what I mean!

That mysteriously locked gate to the north of the graveyard is now open. Guess it's time to dive further into Yuri's soul. I'm sure it'll go fine.

Music: Thorn of Mind

We find Yuri on the same hill as that flashback with him as a child and Ben Hyuga having no idea how to farm. Yuri is now taking the role of the subpar farmer.

Alice runs up to Yuri.

What are you doing? <inspects what he's digging>
What the… This is a grave!

<shakes head> Stop! Stop it right now!

Yuri stops digging, wipes his brow and turns to Alice.

<concerned grunt>
Heh heh, aren’t I a good boy? I’ve got to help dad any way I can!
This is no garden! You’re digging your own grave! Don’t you see?
You're on a rocky hill. You couldn't plant anything here if you tried!
That's not what dad says.
Then your dad was wrong!

Oh, c’mon, stop pulling my leg! I’ve got to seed the farm before winter comes. Now, move aside. <returns to digging>
Yuri…

I heard digging stop and I specifically said no breaks until you hit six feet, boy. Don't make me take off my belt again.

Rude as hell invading someone's soul graveyard like this. Young folk these days have the worst manners.
Who…?!
The boy calls me Fox Face. He never was too imaginative...
You put Yuri under a spell, didn’t you?

Fox Face walks up to Yuri.

<laughs> He failed to fuse with the Seraphic Radiance and it devoured his soul. What’s left of his consciousness is screaming to disappear!
<shakes head> He's not very good at it. Six months of this crap and this is the pathetic hole he's managed... Shameful.

Fox Face walks past Alice.

I’m only helping him. Don’t you see?
A smack upside the head here. A belt wallop there. The boy doesn't have the focus for crap.
You’re his father! Why do you make him suffer so?
<walks up to Yuri> I’m not making him suffer.
And I'm not his father. I'm just a manifestation of his subconscious from a curse that... occasionally bleeds into reality to whip his rear end. It's a complicated matter, girlie. You've been here for... what? Ten minutes? Don't try to put labels on everything. The boy...
He’s scared and he’s weak. He thinks all the monsters he has fused with will devour his soul…
It doesn't remotely work like that. If I were really his absentee father I'd tell him that's dumb and he's dumb. But no, he's always all...
<shakes head> “I don’t want to turn into a monster!” he screams, every time he fuses. He thinks he might lose it and go on a killing spree if he keeps this up. He might even turn against his own friends…
Then again, I suppose he already has. He gave you and your pals a few good licks, huh?
Hmph! He can’t bear the dark fate of a Harmonixer.

Yuri stops digging again and turns to Fox Face.

Deeper, idiot. Dig deeper!
Does this LOOK like six feet deep, boy?
I... I only know metric measurement, dad...
No excuses!

Fox Face laughs and starts pacing around Yuri's grave.

There's an AWFUL LOT of Chinese folk that hates your guts. And with pretty good reason!
So much regret… So many lies… Poor boy… His fear attacks him like a monster. I’m the embodiment of his weakness.
Even his imagination is weak. Honestly. Just his father wearing a mask from his childhood? Pfft... I may as well just be a clone of him with an evil grin, voice modulation and yellow eyes
<shakes head> Yuri is not weak! There’s still hope and courage left in him! He’s a fighter!
He's an idiot that solves problems by limply flailing at them and calling it a punch.
<walks up to Alice> Ha ha ha! Look at him! He’s a weakling! Don’t you see? He can’t face himself. He wants to escape, that’s why he keeps digging.
Look at the fool. He's using a hoe to dig a grave. I've got a shovel behind that tree over there. Six months of tilling the same spot of earth and barely making progress and he's still at it. Weak and dumb as a board.
He doesn’t want to fight the Seraphic Radiance. He wants to disappear! How pathetic!

<stops digging and wipes forehead>
<turns to Fox Face> You wouldn’t understand! You can’t believe in anything! What do you know?

Alice starts crying.

Ha! You cry for him?

Music: ENDS

And so Alice gets Falcon Punched in the face for her troubles. Fox Face doesn't appreciate claims he's nihilistic. He obviously believes in something -- that Yuri sucks rear end.

Meanwhile, Yuri is DONE with this metaphysical digging his own grave poo poo.

Yuri helps Alice to her knees and then marches up to Fox Face.

Music: ALICE

No, Dad! Don’t hit Mom!
<climbs to her feet>
<concerned grunt>
Oh... I am SO sick of your Oedipus complex crap!
Not Oedipus. Mom! Stop hitting her!

Fox Face is feeling in a very punchy mood and Yuri gets one too for his trouble.

Alice runs to Yuri's side.

Keep digging!

Yuri stands back up as Fox Face winds up for another punch. But...

NANI!?

<stands back up and brushes himself off> …You’re turning against me?
You… You’re not my dad…
<swipes the air> This is too funny! Let’s do it, you weakling!

The Hyuga Family Tradition continues.

Alice runs to Yuri's side.

Don’t give up. Don’t grieve. Because… you’re still alive!
That's right... I am alive...

Yuri picks himself back up and approaches Fox Face. Ghost Dad jumps back in surprise.

Music: Much Hatred Still Rankles

I’m not afraid of you anymore! <takes a step towards Fox Face>
<jumps back and enters fighting stance>
Yup. No problem! No matter how many times I lose, or collapse, or spit blood…
Or mess up fusing with a god or get sea sick or nearly die in a plane crash...
As long as I have my life, and as long as I don’t give up…

Tune in next time for the final battle between Yuri "NO, gently caress YOU DAD" Hyuga vs. Fox "Ghost Dad" Face. Place your bets now!

Yuri Character Art - He makes for a terrible scarecrow.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Hmm I dont know.
Yuri's a swell guy, but I like having souls.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

And so Yuri's response to snapping out of his trance is to kick a guy right in the dick.

He's a good kid, that one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, "die before the world drowns in radiance" isn't the worst plan...

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Yuri kicking his ghost dad in the dick is one of the best parts of the game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You know it's character growth because he kicks him instead of punching him.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I wasn't really expecting Alice to get punched.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Alice in Brains

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Illuyankas posted:

Alice in Brains

:golfclap:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ratoslov posted:

I wasn't really expecting Alice to get punched.

Well, she did just sell her soul to four mask demons just to get there. I’m betting that a punch from the incarnation of her semi-boyfriend’s father issues/self-loathing is the least of her worries.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Yuri needs to take his kicking abilities to new heights. Specifically, kicking Fox Face right in the balls. It would be a technique he learned from fighting Dehuai's dick demons.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Grimoire Peach? Or however peach or pink is said in German?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Pfirsich for Peach, Rosa for Pink, Google translate tells me. Grimoire Rosa would fit better with the Grimoires naming schemes.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
Yuri starts getting snapped out of Fox Face's delusional broken-soul hour because he thinks his mom's in trouble :3:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

Yuri starts getting snapped out of Fox Face's delusional broken-soul hour because he thinks his mom's in trouble :3:

Yuri is a classic "Bad Boy who's really a Softie inside" anime character, so this only make sense.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Yuri had been too focused on all the punching to realize the true innate ultimate form that is the dick kick.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Kicks are the less obvious way to wipe smug looks off people's faces and Yuri is ever a straightforward solution sort of person.

Episode XLI

The Dark Id posted:

This aura belongs too… Yes! I’m sure of it!

have a limited pool of MP but he'll if a fight ever lasts long enough

Should be "to" and "hell"

Episode XLII

The Dark Id posted:

One month half that concluded half a year ago, no less!

I did not wake up today think we would get a free soul to curse.

There's an AWFUL LOT of Chinese folk that hates your guts.

Not sure the half part is supposed to be there in the first one and it sounds awkward. Third one should be "hate".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Edit: Wrong thread.