Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Found my first ever bow while wandering around Io doing public events and poo poo to hit the weekly challenge. Now I'm just one-shotting all these enemies. This owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wish Ender and Malfeasance

Now to relax and... grind comp for Lunas Howl

... gently caress

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Found my first ever bow while wandering around Io doing public events and poo poo to hit the weekly challenge. Now I'm just one-shotting all these enemies. This owns.

I personally vouch for any bow with firefly. And if you get it with firefly and explosive arrows, even better. Firefly in bows is like the original Fatebringer firefly, and not like the lame raid automatic rifle version.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
I've been playing Destiny 2 without any of the DLC. Is matchmaking for the Nightfall strike only introduced if you buy any of the DLC? I tried Nightfall but it dropped me solo, I did not survive :S

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Nightfalls are endgame activities so they don't have matchmaking.

You can use external lfg sites to find warm bodies to help you complete them, or join one of the many goon guilds.

We use to complete nightfalls by hidding below some stairs (or any other hole) while somebody was sniping mobs with a infinite ammo sniper. The current state of nightfalls are whatever, so you can ignore them. Nightfalls use to always give you a light upgrade and a good chance at a exotic weapon or armour. On the current state the name "nightfall" remains, but they are watered down to pure whatever.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
THIS IS SPARTA

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

victrix posted:

Wish Ender and Malfeasance

Now to relax and... grind comp for Lunas Howl

... gently caress

I did Malfeasance and Chaperone, now I long for death before the Redrix and Luna's Howl grind.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Instead of more prophecies Vance threw a Vigilance Wing at me 1 light higher than I can currently pull out.

Thanks I guess

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Exotics two and three dropped last night. One was an admittedly dope looking ghost and the other was Wardcliff.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

CheeseFactory posted:

THIS IS SPARTA

Retire bitch

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I got a Cerberus+1 while doing the forsaken campaign and haven’t seen another exotic since.

The only gun I seem to need is bygones in any situation so it’s not really that big of a deal so far.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

THIS IS SPARTA

Jesus Christ dude.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Nothing is clear at the moment, what the lore people is posting is too open ended.

But I think theres the possibility that Savathun is not a enemy. Savathun aims not at devouring the universe, but to a economy of secrets.
Not a enemy and not a friend. A figure like Loki.

Unlike Loki, Savathun have a very definitive source of power, and is secrets. Problem is, hoarding secrets turn you into a target, has you quickly find hard to store secrets safely. So Savathun explored the possibility of using black holes to store them. Black holes affect time, slowing down time near the horizont of events. You can accumulate a lot of information in a black hole. Savathun urge to find solutions of these problems is based on the hunger of her internal worm, always growing and the cause of her downfall. Savathun basically needs vex technology to survive. And then, she received Quria.
And from that point, things get weird, because when you start using simulated universes, is a waste to ask what is real or not. That kind of kill any narrative you can build.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think that the team that was harvesting people for space energy to power their nightmare engines is pretty firmly in the "shoot for loot" category

Unrelatedly I like how a lot of the little mini-stories are about Fallen integrating with guardians and the Awoken forming fireteams together. Maybe we can go through the Queensfall raid as a Fallen. :v:

e: I feel really dumb for not realizing until right now when I'm pretending to be working that I should be using my long-range shotgun that's almost perfectly stable with grave robber and threat detector with Skullfort and Storm Fist so I can get around it's shitawful reload times.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 2, 2018

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Come on reset, bring me my goddamn warmind shell

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

CheeseFactory posted:

THIS IS SPARTA

And to think over in the normal person PS4 world we are competing to see who can get a 69 Valor streak....

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Also go for 420 and then throw a match for the real power move.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

Why people don't masterwork their weapons? playing withouth masterworks weapons in Gambit is like you want to handicap yourself and your team. Ligh orbs = supers, most people don't understand that.

Because some us didn't start forsaken with a giant scrooge mcduck pile of orbs, they made it where you only can get a handful a day, and you constantly need them if you want to keep any of the weapons you like?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Wish bungie would give a time frame for when they plan to implement economy changes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have like 40 cores and like hell I'm blowing them on a 525 weapon or armor until I'm drat sure I won't find something better

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Araganzar posted:

Because some us didn't start forsaken with a giant scrooge mcduck pile of orbs, they made it where you only can get a handful a day, and you constantly need them if you want to keep any of the weapons you like?

You can keep three weapons at your highest light without a ton of stress. Buy a ten mark shard from spider every day, then stock up on destination resources and get rankups on the Y1 planets. It's totally a stupid grind but you can offset the cores lost somewhat quickly.

Masterworking stuff sucks rear end though.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Insane Totoro posted:

Also go for 420 and then throw a match for the real power move.

Do you coordinate via slack? I usually solo queue and got matched into 4 5-stacks in a row with lunas last night and it was miserable. Would love to hop in on crucible parties, as I'm trying for the broadsword this season.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I punch myself in the dick whenever I forget to make the trek to spiders dumbass house for the day

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

moist turtleneck posted:

I punch myself in the dick whenever I forget to make the trek to spiders dumbass house for the day

Load game. Load Tower. Load Shore. Sprint to Spider. Load what you actually want to do.

Forsaken is great but jesus christ Bungie didn't any testers bitch about that

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

Load game. Load Tower. Load Shore. Sprint to Spider. Load what you actually want to do.

Entire fireteam dissipating for Bounty Pickups every time you change activities

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

It was a huge problem in D1 too and Forsaken is basically D1: Redux so you gotta take the bad with the good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

Fuuuck

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

It was a huge problem in D1 too and Forsaken is basically D1: Redux so you gotta take the bad with the good.

Maybe we can get a legendary quest to buy him a condo in the city

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

D1 only had tower and reef, and generally the reef bounties were right before you did a specific 3 person activity. I think they also had the bounty bot duped in the reef.

This is by far the worst it's ever been and it's retarded.

It takes 20 minutes just to grab everything when you log on for the day

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Maybe we can get a legendary quest to buy him a condo in the city

Guests in the tower don't fare well, did you see what happened to Eris' nook when the red legion bombed the place?

Or there was that time where they forced her to stand next to her ship on that platform above (what would be come) Tess' kiosk.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Too much content

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Emron posted:

Too much content

Too many loading screens actually. And on a console, I feel ya as even with an SSD on the PC it can be tedious and slow.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 2 is flowers for Algernon Destiny 1

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Having to go to each destination for unique bounties is a cool idea that completely ignores the painful reality of a five minute loading screen for every area.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Emron posted:

Do you coordinate via slack? I usually solo queue and got matched into 4 5-stacks in a row with lunas last night and it was miserable. Would love to hop in on crucible parties, as I'm trying for the broadsword this season.

Via discord.

https://discord.gg/95fbQSe

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The loading wouldn't be that bad if the performance didn't also tank with Forsaken. There's also more graphical issues my group has noticed, like that texture stretching yesterday.

xzzy posted:

Guests in the tower don't fare well, did you see what happened to Eris' nook when the red legion bombed the place?

Or there was that time where they forced her to stand next to her ship on that platform above (what would be come) Tess' kiosk.

I didn't say I was going to spend a lot on it :v:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

poo poo that's what I meant, my bad. I'll hop on there and look for a group tonight.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
IRC, Slack, Discord. All the same really

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Wasting people time in a MMO is not a bug, is a feature.
More time walking long corridors, is the longer you will be in the game buying stuff.

But the load times on consoles... thats actually something they need to work to optimize. It don't looks like intended wasted time, but unintended one.
Loading the inventory of my character in a PS4 Pro should not take the time it takes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Just let me load bounties via the app Bungie, and stop letting level 2s into the Crucible.