Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Do people call the current competitive meta the melta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Huh. Looks like Boyz will be on 32mm bases.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Apparently the AT Warhound prices in WD are wrong, and it's actually £40 / $65 for a box, making them cheaper than Armigers.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Cooked Auto posted:

If I hadn't gone for Blood Ravens as my Marine force to paint I probably would've gone with Salamanders just because they seem like solid chaps who also are great to have at a BBQ.

My next army is gonna be a Dreadnought Salamanders force and now I'm just imagining a Dreadnought going home after a long day to his wife and son (who looks like a gonk droid from Star Wars)

:3:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Salamanders are very, very tempting.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Going to need a bigger table.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Yeah I don't think you can actually fit the same amount of boyz on a table unless they're grandfathered in on small bases.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheBigAristotle posted:

My next army is gonna be a Dreadnought Salamanders force and now I'm just imagining a Dreadnought going home after a long day to his wife and son (who looks like a gonk droid from Star Wars)

:3:

oh my god Dreadnought family is the most horrifying thing to imagine. The Dreadnought dad is just like "MY DUTY TO THIS FAMILY IS ETERNAL, THEREFORE I AM ETERNALLY DENIED REST", the Dreadnought wife is acting like everything's normal and they still have their old bodies, and it's not clear if she's gone mad or if it's just a a coping mechanism to prevent herself from going mad, and if there's any difference between the two. And the Dreadnought child just won't stop screaming.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

oh my god Dreadnought family is the most horrifying thing to imagine. The Dreadnought dad is just like "MY DUTY TO THIS FAMILY IS ETERNAL, THEREFORE I AM ETERNALLY DENIED REST", the Dreadnought wife is acting like everything's normal and they still have their old bodies, and it's not clear if she's gone mad or if it's just a a coping mechanism to prevent herself from going mad, and if there's any difference between the two. And the Dreadnought child just won't stop screaming.

I too have read the Vision by Tom King.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Cessna posted:

Salamanders are very, very tempting.

I have a small Primaris army sitting around waiting for painting. I might do a few test models to break up the non-Imperial stuff.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PierreTheMime posted:

I have a small Primaris army sitting around waiting for painting. I might do a few test models to break up the non-Imperial stuff.

Does anyone ever run two SM chapters? Like a vanguard detachment with just Salamanders dreads that can re-roll their big firepower then something like a Deathwatch battalion?

I'm going to at some point. 2019 will be fun

Unless the FAQ realizes storm bolters are too cheap and good for DW :ohdear:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think you're right.

Wonder how that will affect gameplay.

I was considering rebasing all my orks anyhow, 32mm will be better for modeling since they'll fit completely onto the base and are less likely to fall over if they're in extreme poses.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Give boyz 2 wounds and up their cost a bit

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Guy Goodbody posted:

Warbot in Accounting?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

xtothez posted:

Apparently the AT Warhound prices in WD are wrong, and it's actually £40 / $65 for a box, making them cheaper than Armigers.

lmao at this itty bitty baby Titan

:smuggo:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Skails posted:

Thats more of an imperial fist thing. The excoriators "don Dorn's mantle" which is recreational self flagellation. Sometimes a marine will have a designated serf that will whip them. They lean hard into the medieval space Catholic thing.

Which is funny because they're also one of those chapters that deny the divinity of the Emperor, preferring instead to think of him as humanity's biggest and best psyker instead.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

xtothez posted:

It would be great if the Warhound was exactly the same size as an Armiger and had the right weapons so you could run them in 40K too.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Bucnasti posted:

I think you're right.

Wonder how that will affect gameplay.

I was considering rebasing all my orks anyhow, 32mm will be better for modeling since they'll fit completely onto the base and are less likely to fall over if they're in extreme poses.

It will be harder to get as many boys stuck into a combat I think. The whole 1” within 1” thing. Fortunatley for me I have about 200 boys on smaller bases already. Edit: getting squads into a KFF would also be a lot harder.

Interestingly I just noticed the Orktober community update referenced weirboys calling down the foot of Gork (or possibly Mork). I want that zogging codex already!

krursk fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 2, 2018

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Lungboy posted:

It would be great if the Warhound was exactly the same size as an Armiger and had the right weapons so you could run them in 40K too.

All its weapons get the new Forgeworld rule Micro. :v:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

lmao at this itty bitty baby Titan

:smuggo:

congrats on finally mostly assembling your first titan after 6 years :smuggo:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If I ever get a proper Primary Boy squad instead of scattered models I might just do them as Salamanders instead of Ravens.

But I probably won't do it with the Space Wolf character from Tooth & Claw. Mostly because he has too many pelts and such on him and that is not something I can be bothered removing tbh.

vv Drat, beaten.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Presented without comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9_rqvdJplo

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DID SOMEONE SAY ORKTOBER WAS GETTIN' ORFF TO A SLOW START? 'CUZ I DIDN'T HEAR IT 'CUZ I WUZ TOO BUSY STRAPPIN' WHEELS'N'poo poo TO DIS HERE PLANE BODY I'Z FOUND:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9_rqvdJplo
e:f,b

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 2, 2018

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Lungboy posted:

This is a great idea, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

krursk posted:

Interestingly I just noticed the Orktober community update referenced weirboys calling down the foot of Gork (or possibly Mork). I want that zogging codex already!

It'll be nice to have back, but so weird not to have the appropriate template to go with it.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

richyp posted:

This is a great idea, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

And maybe make warlords knight sized so you could use them for 2 different things?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

TheChirurgeon posted:

congrats on finally mostly assembling your first titan after 6 years :smuggo:

I never fully understood how good of an own it is to force someone to build one of these things, until I had to do it myself.

The legs are a motherfucker, but the rest of it is easy enough, other than making sure it all comes out square. There's about 30 bits of brass rod holding the thing together, along with a ridiculous amount of epoxy, I already hate my large adult son and I haven't even started painting it yet.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Booley posted:

And maybe make warlords knight sized so you could use them for 2 different things?

Perfect. We should pitch it to GW.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Maneck posted:

When I restated, I thought Space Marine Centurions looked really cool. I was saved only because I determined that Dark Angels can't take them.

So instead I bought a bunch of Terminators. That are now subject to the rule of 3, so they'd be a pain to field even if they weren't terrible.

In short, buy stuff that's cool - but before dropping $85 on an early purchase, it's okay to wait and find out if it's groin punchingly bad.

Yeah im sure its real limiting that you can only run 2400pts of terminators plus characters.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

There are times I wish GW would just restart their bits retail again because I missed out on picking up one of the female Stormcast heads to make a Lady Knight Pilot alongside Hector Rex just because the story only had two of them in stock. :sigh:
Then Hector Rex on foot ran out of stock shortly after that when I realized I should've just ordered him by itself for later. :doh:

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Lungboy posted:

Perfect. We should pitch it to GW.

Make sure you contact the online store, don't go into a brick and mortar store to do it.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

I miss the bits orders. You could really make some insane options even with simple things. When I first started way back I made a flying hive tyrant from fantasy dragon wings and warrior shrikes from metal dark pegasus wings. Good times. :(

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

For_Great_Justice posted:

I miss the bits orders. You could really make some insane options even with simple things. When I first started way back I made a flying hive tyrant from fantasy dragon wings and warrior shrikes from metal dark pegasus wings. Good times. :(

GW's move to all plastic has made things better in every way, except this one.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Much as I miss it all plastic is a great thing. The only big down side is stuff like finecast ork flash gitz being so expensive, I'd make my own but bits are ebay only an not always available. They'll never kill that market but they'd make something selling on order bits. I have seen some things like packs of jump packs or land raider guns in bags at my lgs along with blisters of just special weapons like meltas, those are nice.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Maneck posted:

GW's move to all plastic has made things better in every way, except this one.

I miss the days when they'd send you a random metal miniature with every order. It made my brain feel better about paying for shipping, even though most of the time it was something I'd never use.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Much as I miss it all plastic is a great thing. The only big down side is stuff like finecast ork flash gitz being so expensive, I'd make my own but bits are ebay only an not always available. They'll never kill that market but they'd make something selling on order bits. I have seen some things like packs of jump packs or land raider guns in bags at my lgs along with blisters of just special weapons like meltas, those are nice.

Flashgitz are plastic, proper sprues and everything.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yeah I don't think you can actually fit the same amount of boyz on a table unless they're grandfathered in on small bases.

Have they ever not grandfathered smaller bases?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Has he not ever misinterpreted things so he could complain about them?

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

richyp posted:

Flashgitz are plastic, proper sprues and everything.

My dumb rear end was thinking Kommandos. Possibly Tank bustas are those plastic or finecast?

Second note in an old gw store before they went single worker they did occasionally ask certain models be on proper bases. A guy had old metal terminators in tiny bases but to do an event they had to be rebased. So yes, sometimes they are not grandfathered in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do the rules even touch base sizes? I thought it is only dealt with at the level of etiquette. Don't model for advantage by using old, small bases on a new model; don't complain that someone is using an old model with a smaller base.