Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Sounds like you're getting a griddle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Gwaihir posted:

Sounds like you're getting a griddle!

Yep, probably.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The lodge two burner one is a solid choice.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I agree with...*sees username* ugh, let's just say I agree with the poster above about that. Very flexible, good over two burners, works for me real well on the grill, and I've also used it over a fire to cook breakfast with amazing success.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lol, call me cbag for short if it makes you feel better.

Do you only use the one side of it?

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, usually you just want to use the inside of the c bag.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

I have one of the reversible kind, grill on one side griddle on the other, I use them fairly equally.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Colostomy Bag posted:

The lodge two burner one is a solid choice.

Is it this one? https://www.amazon.ca/Lodge-LPGI3-1...1F1558SDPV2D7QD

Will it work on a glass cooktop if I'm careful not to drag it? My condo doesn't have gas because the people who designed it are stupid and hateful.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yikes, dindn't realize that griddle was that expensive. I thought it was more cheapy than that.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It costs about half as much in the US. As for using it on a glass top stove, you can use cast Iron on those, but many reviews write that the shape of this griddle does not allow for good contact on most glass top stoves, which causes uneven heat at best.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Get an induction hob and a pan that works with it. Enjoy the best crust on a burg ever.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Fenris13 posted:

It costs about half as much in the US. As for using it on a glass top stove, you can use cast Iron on those, but many reviews write that the shape of this griddle does not allow for good contact on most glass top stoves, which causes uneven heat at best.

Yeah, there would be basically 1% contact. It basically drops down and over my two elements for a snug type fit.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Smashburgs a go for tonight.

Going to do Mozz cheese and some mushrooms.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
It's National Cheeseburger Day.

Why aren't you fucks posting cheeseburgers?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ah goddamn, and I have chicken curry planned for tonight!

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Happy Holidays to You and Yours!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

beerinator posted:

gently caress me I want this so bad right now

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

this hosed me up for like a solid 20 seconds trying to figure out how you melted that cheese to the bun before i realized it was special sauce

crust on that burg looking righteous

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Went for a pub lunch after our baby's swimming lesson

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I came. Good job Goons.

beerinator posted:

This is especially perfect.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm a huge fan of getting a chuck, cubing it with my biggest cleaver, then grinding. The texture of the meat is great but I'm having trouble getting consistent seasoning.

I've done grind then form patties then salt the top, but I'm dumb and forget to salt before putting final cheese on some on the grill. Would it really be so bad to salt the cubes then grind if I'm goign to immediately throw them on the grill? I've seen claims that will make it ~*sausagey*~.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Yes. Maybe just remember to salt patty while cooking.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hed posted:

I'm a huge fan of getting a chuck, cubing it with my biggest cleaver, then grinding. The texture of the meat is great but I'm having trouble getting consistent seasoning.

I've done grind then form patties then salt the top, but I'm dumb and forget to salt before putting final cheese on some on the grill. Would it really be so bad to salt the cubes then grind if I'm goign to immediately throw them on the grill? I've seen claims that will make it ~*sausagey*~.

I think serious eats tested this and found that yes, it changes the texture negatively.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Yup, I wouldn't do it: https://aht.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-burger-lab-salting-ground-beef.html

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Burger from a hot dog place which does much better burgers than hot dogs. Why do so many hot dog places insist on giant rolls and stacking so vertical that even my giant gob can't take reasonable bites?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Went to the pub and got the Wagyu burger

Still full

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

A Sometimes Food posted:

Burger from a hot dog place which does much better burgers than hot dogs. Why do so many hot dog places insist on giant rolls and stacking so vertical that even my giant gob can't take reasonable bites?

This picture is perfection in every way.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Who likes Smash Burger?

quote:

With the Smash Pass™, you’ll be able to treat yourself to one entrée every day from November 5, 2018 to February 14, 2019, at participating locations for just $100. That’s 100 days of FREE burgers and $600 in savings! But that’s not all: Every time you use your Smash Pass™ and buy a fountain beverage, you’ll be entered to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Vegas for 2. Check back here November 5 for more info.

I stole this from Coupons & Deals because for some reason I was reading Coupons & Deals.

EDIT: Not a single participating Smash Burger within 2 hours of my house. gently caress :smith:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 2, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wish I lived in my old town, had a Smash Burger 2 miles down the road :smith:

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

Did you already buy it?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m not that stupid.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Who likes the SmashPass? Cardiologists.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
I was in Missouri this last weekend and went to steak n shake to try their "smashed" burger. It was dumb. I mean maybe if you have never had a smashed burger it might be like the gateway burg, but it was by far the worst of the chain smash burgers I have had.

Culvers is still the best. Suck is southerners.

(there was also a culvers in Missouri)

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
25 minutes to the closest one. So I drive an hour every day for a burger? Maybe....

Paper With Lines posted:

I was in Missouri this last weekend and went to steak n shake to try their "smashed" burger. It was dumb. I mean maybe if you have never had a smashed burger it might be like the gateway burg, but it was by far the worst of the chain smash burgers I have had.

Culvers is still the best. Suck is southerners.

Steak n Shake is good, you are dumb. Also Culver's rocks.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, it is tough to top Culvers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Anyone else think Johnny Rocket's is good? What about Harvey's? I used to love that in Canada as a child in the 90s.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 4, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Did some Burgin in Melbourne (Australia) this week:

On It Burger

Double smash, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickles.

Grand Trailer Park Taverna

Hot chicken
Fried chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, bacon, cheese, habanero mayo.

They do great beef burgers too.

Great burgs.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Don Dongington posted:

Did some Burgin in Melbourne (Australia) this week:

On It Burger

Double smash, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickles.

Cheeky smash m8, noice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Beef was seasoned with pastrami spices (meh), topped with pastrami, swiss, sauerkraut and mustard. Brioche bun was pretty good too.

Those sweet potato waffle fries were the best.