Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kyle Larson drove how I drive in iRacing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

big nipples big life posted:

We're approaching the point where Jeffrey Earnhardt has a 1 car accident and affects the outcome.

Good call.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Slickdrac posted:

Good call.

:laffo:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

We're approaching the point where Jeffrey Earnhardt has a 1 car accident and affects the outcome.

Okay Nostradamus.

Edit: DAMMIT.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

That was something else.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/MyattSnider/status/1046514442215870467?s=19

:same:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tag yourself, I'm every single person

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Going to jump in on This is being a pretty amazing prediction. Pretty sure Earnhardt crashing and giving Larson an extra spot took Johnson out of the playoffs... (Although I don't fully understand the playoff rules).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also, every playoff cutoff race should now be a Roval race.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Also, every playoff cutoff race should now be a Roval race.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.

shyduck posted:

Kyle Larson drove how I drive in iRacing
It's 2018, and wall-riding still gives you an advantage over your opponent? NASCAR's arcadey physics model is in serious need of a re-work.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1046517621699608576

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Going to jump in on This is being a pretty amazing prediction. Pretty sure Earnhardt crashing and giving Larson an extra spot took Johnson out of the playoffs... (Although I don't fully understand the playoff rules).

It did, and it makes me want to take back everything I've ever said regarding him being completely useless and the only reason he's even in the sport is his last name, etc.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I only meant the outcome of the race lmao, this time he did the entire championship. Just imagine what he can do at Homestead.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

SwampYankee posted:

Good race, great finish. Time to turn all 1.5 milers into Rovals

I only saw the highlights of the race, and I'm all for this idea.

More rovals at cookie cutters, please.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1046741701900087301

Regan Smith off the bench > Kasey Kahne?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I’d have to watch it again but it looked to me like Truex wasn’t gonna make it through that chicane anyhow, with Johnson spinning into him just making things worse of course. I’m happy with the result either way.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bye-bye restrictor plates:

https://twitter.com/zack_albert/status/1047181459474337794

...hello tapered spacers, though.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

CBJSprague24 posted:

Bye-bye restrictor plates:

https://twitter.com/zack_albert/status/1047181459474337794

...hello tapered spacers, though.

I'm not a fan of running what is essentially the all-star package at all the "downforce" tracks, but that's interesting. I know the speeds will be the same but the increased throttle response and the huge spoiler punching a bigger hole in the air might really shake up the plate races.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it's bad and dumb but i'm also never going to stop watching this poo poo so *slide whistle*

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

that hp number seems awfully low

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Somebody translate for an idiot when it comes to mechanics: did they take away my cool and good Daytona/Talladega pack racing?

Also, for your entertainment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw9pHD-1sMI

...insufficient Japanese call, though.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

CBJSprague24 posted:

Somebody translate for an idiot when it comes to mechanics: did they take away my cool and good Daytona/Talladega pack racing?

I'm far from being an expert in aerodynamics, but in theory it should be better. More throttle response and a bigger hole in the air should lead to bigger runs in the draft and more ability to pull off a slingshot, but who knows. I'm hoping it's like the roof blade/wicker bill package from the early 2000's.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

As long as they can still run in packs at high speed and have giant crashes once or twice a race, I'm okay with it.

If they take those 2 parts away, then they might as well get rid of Daytona and Daga.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Big aero package and tapered spacer is basically what the trucks used to run at those tracks back when they were all boxy as gently caress and didn't need a plate to slow 'em down due to the drag. If they're really adding enough aero to the Cup cars to offset that extra ~140hp and still keep 'em under that big bad ~200mph takeoff speed, you're going to see some insane closing rates in the draft and tons of passing (and tons of wrecking when drivers underestimate the closing rates and try to throw blocks on guys who are already halfway up their door panel). Also lots of people getting black-flagged (or not, as NASCAR wills it) for tandem racing on the last laps, because having someone glued to your back bumper with both of you at full throttle will be like switching on a loving afterburner.

Of course, it's more likely they'll tweak the spacer to drop 'em back down to well under 500hp after the first practice session when someone gets slam-drafted into the stratosphere on the backstretch and takes out the Goodyear blimp along the way.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

dennyk posted:

If they're really adding enough aero to the Cup cars to offset that extra ~140hp and still keep 'em under that big bad ~200mph takeoff speed, you're going to see some insane closing rates in the draft and tons of passing (and tons of wrecking when drivers underestimate the closing rates and try to throw blocks on guys who are already halfway up their door panel).

gently caress yeah Handford device NASCAR

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
what'll actually happen is the cars will run bumper to bumper but not be able to pass

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Peanut President posted:

what'll actually happen is the cars will run bumper to bumper but not be able to pass

I'm convinced Nascar doesn't even want the cars to be able to pass. They just want them AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Dale Earnhardt Jr Talks New Book, Parenthood & More w/Dan Patrick | Full Interview | 10/4/18

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
There's #23, there's our special boy!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey guys, NASCAR heard you wanted the sport to be even more complicated, so here's what they're doing with ARCA (and K&N)!

quote:

• The NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and NASCAR K&N Pro Series West schedule will feature six to eight events, competing on historic short tracks (less than 1 mile) within their regional footprint as in years past.

• The new ARCA Racing Elite Series championship calendar will be made up of approximately 20 races, with at least half of those races on speedways (longer than 1 mile), including traditional companion events in both ARCA and Pro Series.

• The Stock Car Invitational will be made up of the remaining 10 races of the ARCA Elite Series, on premier short tracks. In order to be eligible for the three-way combination series, East and West competitors must compete in a minimum number of races across those series — the exact number will be announced at a later date.

https://hometracks.nascar.com/2018/10/06/nascar-lays-out-competition-framework-for-arca-racing-series-kn-pro-series-in-2020/

So, that...is three different series with something resembling a Chase at the end where ARCA and K&N merge?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey guys, NASCAR heard you wanted the sport to be even more complicated, so here's what they're doing with ARCA (and K&N)!

https://hometracks.nascar.com/2018/10/06/nascar-lays-out-competition-framework-for-arca-racing-series-kn-pro-series-in-2020/

So, that...is three different series with something resembling a Chase at the end where ARCA and K&N merge?

Merge as in you have to weld a car from each series together and one driver steers and the other works the pedals?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
brb trademarking IROCA

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1048907154315530250

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I just want Kevin Harvick to wreck is that too much to ask for?

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 7, 2018

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

I’m hoping for a Bowyer win today.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Holy cow that ninja entry from Kyle's pit crew member, very radical

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Well the 19 is running 15th with 30 to go and Harvick probably won't win so that's good I guess

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Guess the 10 won't get that win, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

loving hell