Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Gorefiend posted:

You've got a bigger risk from actual Skorne players ruining it. Theres some dimwit in the Facebook group who appears like magic if you mention the Hydra and he says it's so strong it can face tank Champions and bears.

loving lmao what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

S.J. posted:

loving lmao what

More faces makes for easier face tanking.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

S.J. posted:

loving lmao what

He called Kolgrimma with double champs and bears the ideal matchup for his hydra to deal with. Hase de Blooddawn, he is...remarkably dumb.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

does the guy have like weighted dice for his opponents to use or something?

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

He also calls the Supreme Guardian terrible, and that Exalted as a theme doesn't have a weakness into heavy armor. He's a real special case.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Every gaming community I've ever been part of has one 'wrong about everything' guy. It's really remarkable.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Eh. I know that guy, plays at my flgs. He's a pretty great fellow. To each their own I guess.

E: though he did change his tune after playing Colossal Guardian once or twice, lol. We ripped into him for that.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Now that ret Cid has come, I'm looking for a pairing with Vyros2 Forges. I'm assuming it can handle most things okay-ish, with the 2nd list shoring up a few match ups. Think Kaelyssa in Shadows would be a safe bet?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Alright Skorne Exalted CID is live. Lets see how this goes down. I hope I was wrong in how I said this will go down.

Edit: new Exalted models look cool and interesting. Not game breaking, but interesting.

Both Gargs got cheaper, and hydra got a pretty good boost

Point reduction for Bronzeback, Tibbers, and cannoneer.

Point reduction for Extoller UA.

Supreme guardian got direct spirits

My bae Makeda 3 got a good overhaul. My first thoughts are that I don't think she's that much better. The more I think about it, I think she's going to be fun, still not "top tier". I think that she's got some new tools to really bring back a really mean turn of Molik Karn and that's always a great thing. She also has incite now which casts for free on feat turn to help her not be only a beast caster.

waah fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 3, 2018

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Bulwark on Molik is going to be extremely annoying

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Mak3 losing Vortex hurts, don’t know that Incite makes up for that.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

head58 posted:

Mak3 losing Vortex hurts, don’t know that Incite makes up for that.

It does but she's also command 10, so at least incite will provide some support for her whole army and prevent her from having to be way out of position to kill something herself (or get murdered the very next turn)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

waah posted:

It does but she's also command 10, so at least incite will provide some support for her whole army and prevent her from having to be way out of position to kill something herself (or get murdered the very next turn)

Incite is so much better it isn't even funny. For instance: getting the bonus doesn't cause you to immediately die. She also pals around with a minimum of two shield guards so she might actually get to cast it on a non-feat turn from time to time.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

S.J. posted:

Incite is so much better it isn't even funny. For instance: getting the bonus doesn't cause you to immediately die. She also pals around with a minimum of two shield guards so she might actually get to cast it on a non-feat turn from time to time.

There's also a new cheap guy who who's a shield guard too in CID and brutes got a buff to MAT6.

Also incite is just a pure attack/damage buff if I'm reading it right, so it could be ranged units benefiting too, c/d?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

waah posted:

There's also a new cheap guy who who's a shield guard too in CID and brutes got a buff to MAT6.

Also incite is just a pure attack/damage buff if I'm reading it right, so it could be ranged units benefiting too, c/d?

Yes, incite is literally everything attacking an enemy model that is in the caster's command range

S.J.
May 19, 2008

waah posted:

Yep. Derp turtle and hydra supremacy. Also makes the mammoth RAT 8 within 5 inches, heh.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

mp5 posted:

Yes, incite is literally everything attacking an enemy model that is in the caster's command range

Almost everything. It's "faction friendly", so no minions.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Mak is also going to be a def 17 no-knockdown with a couple transfers so getting incite off safely is going to be a lot easier than with any other incite caster.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Incite in Skorne sounds fun. Makes Nihilators that much more likely to kill.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Maneck posted:

Almost everything. It's "faction friendly", so no minions.

I like because I never did get around to buying any minion units.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Incite is a 10" range - but it's mathematically better than Signs & Portents within that range. I'm also thinking that DEF 16 P+S 19 archidons are looking scary - and the derp turtle under both incite and grievous wounds is looking very scary. Yes, she has to play forward - but unlike Feora 3 she's on a small base, and comes with bulwark for DEF, battle driven for ARM, and possibly even a rhinodon for spiny growth. And of course a krea - and probably also a supreme guardian to keep spells away (and get souls from dead warbeasts). Of course you only get to incite once before you have to take down your upkeeps, but two incites should be enough.

The other question crossing my mind is Xekaar and how much actually giving him both an arc node and telemetry does to make him playable as he can now land both pursuit and mortality without dying - and the guardian can keep him safe from spell assassination on feat turn.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Jimmy Hats posted:

Mak is also going to be a def 17 no-knockdown with a couple transfers so getting incite off safely is going to be a lot easier than with any other incite caster.

She can get up to 19 pretty trivially and she's going to be surrounded by shield guards, she's finally going to be able to bully the table like I've always wanted. Def 21 if you want to put Swarm on her as well (probably not taking a Sentinel with her but you could do it). Like what I'm seeing from the CID so far, feel like they've started to really hit their stride with these. Would have liked to see another Exalted unit but I'll take what I can get.

Theme bonus is nutty and I wonder if it will stick. If you utilize all the tools available, Immortals can get up the table pretty drat quick and jamming a bunch of somewhat difficult to kill and completely immovable infantry into zones is a big deal. That plus the Aradus change helps Skorne's scenario game a whole bunch.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 4, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

AttackBacon posted:

She can get up to 19 pretty trivially and she's going to be surrounded by shield guards, she's finally going to be able to bully the table like I've always wanted. Def 21 if you want to put Swarm on her as well (probably not taking a Sentinel with her but you could do it). Like what I'm seeing from the CID so far, feel like they've started to really hit their stride with these. Would have liked to see another Exalted unit but I'll take what I can get.

Theme bonus is nutty and I wonder if it will stick. If you utilize all the tools available, Immortals can get up the table pretty drat quick and jamming a bunch of somewhat difficult to kill and completely immovable infantry into zones is a big deal. That plus the Aradus change helps Skorne's scenario game a whole bunch.

Yeah I just realized that if you run Mak3 exalted theme as is, her 2 bodyguards also benefit.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

neonchameleon posted:

Incite is a 10" range - but it's mathematically better than Signs & Portents within that range. I'm also thinking that DEF 16 P+S 19 archidons are looking scary - and the derp turtle under both incite and grievous wounds is looking very scary. Yes, she has to play forward - but unlike Feora 3 she's on a small base, and comes with bulwark for DEF, battle driven for ARM, and possibly even a rhinodon for spiny growth. And of course a krea - and probably also a supreme guardian to keep spells away (and get souls from dead warbeasts). Of course you only get to incite once before you have to take down your upkeeps, but two incites should be enough.

The other question crossing my mind is Xekaar and how much actually giving him both an arc node and telemetry does to make him playable as he can now land both pursuit and mortality without dying - and the guardian can keep him safe from spell assassination on feat turn.

Just having Incite + a (free) upkeep should be more than enough work for M3 on non-feat turns. That's all I got out of Jaga Jaga and she was fine. Plus feat turn is super productive between the 3 extra fury, the free spell after she murders something, and the extra work her beasts get done.

I personally think with Incite she's better with a small battlegroup and a lot of infantry to maximize the value of the spell, but I could also see lots of DEF15 no knockdown brutes being a thing too. I don't know if she's going to reach the turd polishing level of Naaresh, but I think she has similar crossover potential now.

I also want see what five POW14 sprays from the Hydra does. I just want the drat thing to see the table for me, even if it's in some sort of jank list. The pure pain of putting together and painting that model means I want it to have some ability to see table time.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

rkajdi posted:

Just having Incite + a (free) upkeep should be more than enough work for M3 on non-feat turns. That's all I got out of Jaga Jaga and she was fine. Plus feat turn is super productive between the 3 extra fury, the free spell after she murders something, and the extra work her beasts get done.

I personally think with Incite she's better with a small battlegroup and a lot of infantry to maximize the value of the spell, but I could also see lots of DEF15 no knockdown brutes being a thing too. I don't know if she's going to reach the turd polishing level of Naaresh, but I think she has similar crossover potential now.

I also want see what five POW14 sprays from the Hydra does. I just want the drat thing to see the table for me, even if it's in some sort of jank list. The pure pain of putting together and painting that model means I want it to have some ability to see table time.

If only Incite was for a full round, I would be all about the Mammoth and Mak3 for some counterblast, shooting gallery, incite gotcha shennanigans.

Can you imagine how angry people would be the first time you tell them they are about to eat a RAT8, POW 17 shot.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Theme: Imperial Warhost
2 / 2 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Makeda & the Exalted Court - WB: +24
- Makeda & the Exalted Court (Cont.)
- Cyclops Brute - PC: 8
- Desert Hydra - PC: 38 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)
- Molik Karn - PC: 19
- Agonizer - PC: 6
- Agonizer - PC: 0
- Basilisk Krea - PC: 0
- Razor Worm - PC: 7

Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4
Feralgeist - PC: 2

Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7

Probably not great competitively, but it could be fun.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Theme: Imperial Warhost
2 / 2 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Makeda & the Exalted Court - WB: +24
- Makeda & the Exalted Court (Cont.)
- Desert Hydra - PC: 38 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)
- Molik Karn - PC: 19
- Agonizer - PC: 6
- Agonizer - PC: 0
- Basilisk Krea - PC: 0
- Razor Worm - PC: 7

Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4
Feralgeist - PC: 2

Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7

Probably not great competitively, but it could be fun.

This list makes me angry I'm away for a work trip for the next month and a half. It might not be the absolute best, but it does seem pretty good and worth trying out a few times. Five Pow 14 sprays is the kind of thing that people have to play around, and that might give you a shot at getting Molik into a caster for the kill.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Pow 16!!!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

MonPoc shipment got held up in customs and the release is getting delayed to the 5th of October.

Anyone care about this one?

I was big into back in the day, was initially really exited it was coming back as proper miniatures, but now I can't muster much interest.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Forgot incite of course. With effectively 5 POW 16s at RAT 8 (4 boosted), that makes for one of the more shooty options in Skorne's beast stable. It's not as big as say the Cyclops Shaman spam, but it should have a place in the faction for either clearing out a lot of chaff or melting a heavy from 8" away. Even a Khador heavy is taking around 27 damage, which is nothing to shrug at as a backup plan.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Failson posted:

I was big into back in the day, was initially really exited it was coming back as proper miniatures, but now I can't muster much interest.

I played it with a guy last weekend. I never played the collectible version, so I have zero prior context.

1. It's a poo poo ton of dice rolling. Almost comical at times. I felt like, especially on the monsters, that all those dice should do more? That said, you can get some ridiculous damage spikes throwing poo poo into buildings and blowing them up.

2. The game has to be played with two monsters a side, as it is mundane otherwise.

3. The units seem to be just limiters to the monsters, right now, as it forces you to take a turn to use them every other time(effectively). I'm sure they will be more useful as more types and buildings come out.

4. Overall, I liked it. I'm not sure the aesthetic is really my jam, but I would play it again locally due to the quickness of games and the fun factor of basically playing tabletop Rampage.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Failson posted:

Yeah, I'm really loving excited about it and I'll be adding info to the second post here soon. Once the extra monsters come out i think it'll be great.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I just picked up both MonPoc starters. Didn't get to play today, but I probably will on Sunday. The models are super loving cool, IMO, and I like the gameplay videos I've seen, so I'm optimistic. I really can't wait for them to release more monsters, though, since I imagine playing the same two monsters against each other will get kind of old kind of fast.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

FrostyPox posted:

I just picked up both MonPoc starters. Didn't get to play today, but I probably will on Sunday. The models are super loving cool, IMO, and I like the gameplay videos I've seen, so I'm optimistic. I really can't wait for them to release more monsters, though, since I imagine playing the same two monsters against each other will get kind of old kind of fast.

The next release didn't get pushed back, so more stuff is coming out in like a week.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Apparently, Australia got Monpoc stuff before EU / Americas? I've had my stuff for like a week and a bit or so, and played a few games. The game is a lot of fun, I really enjoy the grid-based map cutting out the minutiae of moving and range on everything.

I was initially sceptical of the purpose of units, but when we used some corp hqs in our building setup, it began to make a bit more sense. They aren't good for killing other monsters, but controlling or smashing useful buildings and screening your monster is definitely key.

Main complaint is that Planet Eaters crawlers only come in singles in a box with 4 belchers. :mad: Those little guys are fantastic.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Captainicus posted:

Apparently, Australia got Monpoc stuff before EU / Americas? I've had my stuff for like a week and a bit or so, and played a few games. The game is a lot of fun, I really enjoy the grid-based map cutting out the minutiae of moving and range on everything.

I was initially sceptical of the purpose of units, but when we used some corp hqs in our building setup, it began to make a bit more sense. They aren't good for killing other monsters, but controlling or smashing useful buildings and screening your monster is definitely key.

Main complaint is that Planet Eaters crawlers only come in singles in a box with 4 belchers. :mad: Those little guys are fantastic.

Yeah, there was a customs delay with the stuff coming to the US. Pretty dumb.

And they explicitly said they were toning units down so that, while it was possible to hurt monsters with them, it wasn't a main part of their function anymore. Some units in the old game could put the damage on monsters way too consistently. They ant them to be more of a utility focus.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

how much are the gale force nine tins worth these days? the ones with the dice only

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

Yeah, there was a customs delay with the stuff coming to the US. Pretty dumb.

And they explicitly said they were toning units down so that, while it was possible to hurt monsters with them, it wasn't a main part of their function anymore. Some units in the old game could put the damage on monsters way too consistently. They ant them to be more of a utility focus.

Explodohawks! Loved those things.

Paul Proteus posted:

I played it with a guy last weekend. I never played the collectible version, so I have zero prior context.

1. It's a poo poo ton of dice rolling. Almost comical at times. I felt like, especially on the monsters, that all those dice should do more? That said, you can get some ridiculous damage spikes throwing poo poo into buildings and blowing them up.

2. The game has to be played with two monsters a side, as it is mundane otherwise.

3. The units seem to be just limiters to the monsters, right now, as it forces you to take a turn to use them every other time(effectively). I'm sure they will be more useful as more types and buildings come out.

4. Overall, I liked it. I'm not sure the aesthetic is really my jam, but I would play it again locally due to the quickness of games and the fun factor of basically playing tabletop Rampage.

That sounds like the original version, so count me back in, it was tons of fun, though I was never any good at it.

Captainicus posted:

Not being able to buy just the units you actually want is still irritating. Slightly less irritating than getting units for a faction you don't play, but still...

Anyway, glad there's enthusiasm for it.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

albany academy posted:

how much are the gale force nine tins worth these days? the ones with the dice only

Ebay suggests... 65$?
I think I saw a Cygnar set for 100$, though. They're rare and collector items, though, so they can go for quite a bit. This does assume the dice are included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Dice are included.

Should I post what I have for sale here or in SA Mart?